X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MUSICMANN
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Can't be van Halen fans!!

All i read now on this sight is, Ed sucks, AL is the worst drummer ever and mike should be slapping his meat rather than slapping bass strings. All this shit sounds like a bunch of crap. Do you dudes even like or ever liked VH. I have never heard so many people rag and shit on the band that they are supposed to love. All people have their faults, the guys in VH, even Dave has faults. To go on and on how these guys were terrible and lackluster players, AL and MIKe, out the gate 30 yrs. ago is pure crap. And don't come back on me with, they could play then but their shit now. You never lose your ability to play when all your job in life is to play. These forums were always a loaded gun in my opinion, You start out with people coming to a place, talking how great this and that song was, how great the guys in the band were and are. But then after a shitload of micromanaging every little detail About Vh now you get, Ed didn't play that part of the solo like the record or Al always was a uninventive drummer and a big asshole, or Mike just shuts the fuck up and plays what Ed says to play. All this breaking down every little minute thing that these guys do really tarnishes the legacy that they have. It's real simple, either you love VH for what they were and are, And i'm not talking about Sammy,fuck him all togeither, or you were never a true Vh fan from the start.
  • shepherd
    Full On Cocktard
    • Aug 2004

If you truly believe that they play better now than they did before with Dave, you sir are dillusional. As well, if you believe that Van Hagar is equitable to Van Halen, you sir are an idiot. We have a place for people like you and it is called the sheep pen. Get to steppin!!!!
    So sayeth the shepherd. so fook the flock!

Comment

• Rikk
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Yup...we'll see how MUSICMANN pans out. It's when people come in here questioning the entire place that the "baa"-ing starts to ring in our ears and the gates to the pen open slowly but surely...
      Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
      Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
        Sniper
        • Apr 2004

You dick, I didn't say anytrhing about how they play now to how they played back then. What i was saying is that people here do nothing but bitch and moan about how Al and mike Are the poorist excuses of musicians that ever were in a band. Read a few posts, and when they say those two can't play they are not talking about now. they are talking from the beggining.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
          Sniper
          • Apr 2004

And don't ever question my love for VH, I have proven time and time again here that in my eyes their is only one version of VH and that's the origional one.

Comment

• shepherd
            Full On Cocktard
            • Aug 2004

Oh and one more thing musicman (a euphemism no doubt considering your post) this is not a van halen site, it is the roth army site. If you knew how to read, you'd realize that. All non-readers are directed to the sheep pen or the links.

Comment

• Rikk
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MUSICMANN
              You dick, I didn't say anytrhing about how they play now to how they played back then. What i was saying is that people here do nothing but bitch and moan about how Al and mike Are the poorist excuses of musicians that ever were in a band. Read a few posts, and when they say those two can't play they are not talking about now. they are talking from the beggining.
              I don't remember reading that here all the time. A lot of us will claim that the band aren't the virtuosos they once were. And I actually never thought Mikey was...great. He's an average bass player. Always has been. Alex is a great drummer. Eddie is (or maybe was) a great guitar player. Even through the Hagar years these guys played well. But a lot of the music became bland or boring because Dave wasn't there to throw out all the fucks or shits. But the singing has always been the problem for me. I could name you a stack of Van Hagar (or even Van Cherone) tunes that could have been good songs with Dave doing something creative on them.

Anyway, you jump in here and attack the place. Who's the dick??
              Roth Army Militia

Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                Sniper
                • Apr 2004

Fuck all the sheep jokes to, I can take it like i can dish it out. If for one minute you think that i think all is well on the VH front your fucking wrong. The one thing i will never do is bash those guys talent. All four Of them were and still are the most talented fucking musicians on the planet. And i'm not talking once again about Ronald macdonald.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                  Sniper
                  • Apr 2004

It's a fucking Dave-classic VH sight dude.

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Fuck all the sheep jokes to, I can take it like i can dish it out. If for one minute you think that i think all is well on the VH front your fucking wrong. The one thing i will never do is bash those guys talent. All four Of them were and still are the most talented fucking musicians on the planet. And i'm not talking once again about Ronald macdonald.
                    Those four are NOT the four most fucking talented musicians on the planet. Eddie...among the best guitarists in history. Alex...definitely not the best drummer in history. Great drummer...exceptional. But not the best. John Bonham, Keith Moon, Mitch Mitchell and others could be considered superior. Michael Anthony...not even in the top 100 bass players in rock. A few that are WAY better...John Entwistle, Flea, John Paul Jones, Billy Sheehan, even Cliff Burton.

The band Van Halen has among the greatest guitarists in history (maybe even the greatest, but that's a big argument), and an excellent rhythm section. What made them stand out even more was their incredibly dynamic, exciting, talented and unique frontman David Lee Roth. When they lost Roth, they became a competent, if sometimes unexciting professional rock band that paled in comparison to the rock 'n' roll juggernaut they once were. When I think of Van Halen, I think of UNCHAINED or SHE'S THE WOMAN...not the boring band playing FIRE IN THE HOLE or POUNDCAKE.

As for fucking all the sheep jokes, pal, I don't give a shit what you say. You're not in the pen unless you really earn it. But attacking this site for no reason just to get attention seems to me like someone dying to be made fun of in the pen. If you don't give a fuck, good for you. We'll laugh at you anyway.

I got no problem discussing the merits of Van Halen, the band. But if you start an attacking thread, you sound like you have some reason to be bitter that's more personal than anything.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Rikk
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

It's a fucking Dave-classic VH sight dude.
                      No, actually it's the Rotharmy. That means we celebrate David Lee Roth. We also celebrate Van Halen the band (meaning with David Lee Roth), but often with an emphasis on our favorite frontman.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                        Sniper
                        • Apr 2004

And i'm not attacking the whole sight and everyone here. I get on pretty much everyday and most of the treads are very negative. Alot of the treads are aimed at how two parts or three parts of the band are and were never really that good. It just make me wonder if the dudes starting these threads were ever true Halen fans.

Comment

• Rikk
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

And i'm not attacking the whole sight and everyone here. I get on pretty much everyday and most of the treads are very negative. Alot of the treads are aimed at how two parts or three parts of the band are and were never really that good. It just make me wonder if the dudes starting these threads were ever true Halen fans.
                          Funny, but I just don't see it that way. I think almost every single person here loves the original Van Halen. I will also admit that I love Van Halen (the original band) more than Roth's solo material, but I also love his solo material (although there is a lot of material I consider mediocre).

There have been a couple of threads recently discussing either Alex's or Michael's playing. If that is your justification for this thread, you should calm down, dude.
                          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• shepherd
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Aug 2004

Dude, maybe I was a little harsh on you but this part of your post where you said, and I quote "It's real simple, either you love VH for what they were and are, And i'm not talking about Sammy,fuck him all togeither, or you were never a true Vh fan from the start." seems very contradictory like if we don't like Van Halen now, we aren't true fans. I implied this to mean you must be a hagar sheep. If I am wrong then I apologize, after all, I am new here, but the tone of the post led me to believe this.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                              Sniper
                              • Apr 2004

I truly think what i was trying to get across, is that this is a great forum, but when you start to micromanage every little detail it goes from being a great site to almost to much info. We should and i mean all of us just relish in the great achievment that VH has, I'm not talking about now, but the Classic line up.

Comment

Working...