Thread: Sammy Hagar turned Michael Anthony... the once JD swiggin' bass player...

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-31-2022 @ 04:25 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,468 Posts

Sammy Hagar turned Michael Anthony... the once JD swiggin' bass player...

What a fucking tool.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Catfish
    To be fair, he turned him into a pussy first!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    06-18-2006 @ 04:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Mike has allowed himself to be sodomized by the sisters, plain and simple. It`s sad, really.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Remember when Mikey, grew a set of balls a couple years ago... and was in that supergroup, "HSAC" or somethinf like that? The group featured Neal Schon (did I spell that right?) from Journey???

lms2
    Mikey, say what you will about him, is, was and always will be an easy going guy who knows that most of the time the fight just isn't worth what you will get out of it. I wish he wasn't getting tight with the Spamster, but honestly, Spam, besides being a lousy singer and no replacement for David Lee Roth, does not look half bad for his age, has a lot of interests and enjoys life outside of his involvement with Van Hagar. Mikey knows one thing. If you can't be the party, and Van Hagar is not the party, be where the party is at.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-15-2012 @ 10:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

whats wrong with being mexican!!!

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

He's a gringo!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    06-18-2006 @ 04:19 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by lms2
    Mikey, say what you will about him, is, was and always will be an easy going guy who knows that most of the time the fight just isn't worth what you will get out of it. I wish he wasn't getting tight with the Spamster, but honestly, Spam, besides being a lousy singer and no replacement for David Lee Roth, does not look half bad for his age, has a lot of interests and enjoys life outside of his involvement with Van Hagar. Mikey knows one thing. If you can't be the party, and Van Hagar is not the party, be where the party is at.
    I disagree. Mike has never been confident enough in his own playing ability to try making his own way.

hitchworld1969
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm sorry, but what I remember from when I was a young kid... was Mikey swingin' on a vine.... in the panama video.... drinking a Jack Daniels bottle... it's how I think he'll be immortalized... with the JD signature bass... it was a symbol of Classic Van Halen! Just like when Dave made that comment about the Clash during the US festival... and took a swig from the Jack bottle...

Tequila represents Van Hagar.

Am I wrong?

lms2
    Originally posted by manwiththedogs
    I disagree. Mike has never been confident enough in his own playing ability to try making his own way.
    I respect that you disagree, and than you for your opinion, however, though he may be no DAVID LEE ROTH, he accepts that, and I see no problem with that.

Maybe he has just never felt the need to prove himself beyond what
    he accomplished with Van Halen, and then later, to a lesser degree, with Van Hagar.

Some people just don't need the spotlight. He has the love of a beautiful wife who he has been with since high school, two beautiful daughters, money to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and he has had fun doing it. What is so wrong about that.

Chicago Chapter
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-16-2007 @ 10:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

VAN HALEN's Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony are preparing to open the first-ever Mad Anthony Pepper Bar at the Cabo Wabo Cantina in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

"Mad Anthony's Pepper Bar will be bringing you all kinds of tasty and exotic chili pepper concoctions featuring Mad Anthony's Hot Sauce as well as other killer foods to wrap your lips around and light your bellies on fire," reads a posting on Anthony's web site. "Those of you with two assholes could even make the Wall of Flame! There will also be a special drink menu featuring Cabo Wabo tequila, the brand new MA Shot and other unique delights. What's even better, we've begun to assemble the menu, and want you to have a hand in it!

"So, all you aspiring chefs and pepper connoisseurs out there start whipping up your best recipes made with Mad Anthony's Hot Sauce. Come on....impress us! Michael and Sammy will personally re-create and sample each submission and the ones that kick the most ass will be included on the Mad Anthony's Pepper Bar menu!"

In other news, Anthony has confirmed that he will be making the trek down south of the border to take part in Sammy's annual Cabo Wabo "Birthday Bash" in in Cabo San Lucas. LOS TRES GUSANOS, featuring Michael, Sammy and David Lauser, will perform on October 12. Anthony will also be joining SAMMY HAGAR AND THE WABORITAS on October 11 and 13 "for a little extracurricular activities — just in time to celebrate the Red Rocker's birthday in true Cabo style," reads a posting on Anthony's site. "Just what you need to get that VH fix while the band is on a short break."

DLR Army Mod Emeritus
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-10-2022 @ 10:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Message to Mike: Dave can pull off the whole cartoon character gig and look cool in the process. You can't.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

"COOL" and Mikey have NEVER been seen TOGETHER!!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 09:07 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 853 Posts

Maybe he has just never felt the need to prove himself beyond what he accomplished with Van Halen

True. He has never had any ambition as a professional musician...he's let everyone else in the band take care of that and the results of that on his playing are evident.

Some people just don't need the spotlight.
    Which is good, because he's never really BEEN in the spotlight...the RWTD video proves without a doubt how poor he is in it...

He has the love of a beautiful wife who he has been with since high school, two beautiful daughters, money to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, and he has had fun doing it. What is so wrong about that.
    Nothing, really. Other than what I've mentioned up above. I just wish that he'd quit with the whole Van Halen thing then, and just go do something else. I wish they'd ALL do that at this point. Go do your "Happy Life as an Adult" bit and quit ruining Van Halen.

lms2
    the results on his playing... I agree with the comment, but disagree with the tone your voice...

In Van Halen, bass is a supporting role, not a main one. In some music bass takes on a heavier role, and thats all good. A bad supporting actor can ruin a good movie. Mikey did his job. So what if he is a yes man.

Not good at being in the spotlight...

I saw them on this tour. Mikey is as good as he wants to be. He has been in the business long enough to know what the spotlight can do to a guy. Now this sucks. I like Mike, but you have to quit making me defend him. This is a David Lee Roth site dammit....

Now, and if you get me in trouble on this shit Bob, I'm taking my vote back. Van Halen was ruined when DAVE QUIT. He left those poor defenseless young children to fend for themselves after he had provided for them for sooooo long. What kind of a parent does that to his children? Then spends the next 19 years waiting for them to see how fucked up they are. If you kick your children out on the streets before they have matured into the kind of responsible adults you want them to be, don't expect them to come crying back to you after they have learned how to stand on their own two feet.

I understand that these are four grown men we are talking about, and now a parent child. But for comparison sake, that is pretty close to how I see it. See next post. Otherwise, I think SLH will get me again.

lms2
    Mammoth was a band, and was doing okay. Made a name for themselves, but reached a plateau. Red Ball Jets, same difference. Not familiar with either band's ability etc., but would venture a guess that in Red Ball Jets there were too many supporting actors wanting leading roles? In Mammoth, maybe too may supporters, and no body wanted the leading role. (brady bunch music starts playing) Then the one day when this leader met this band, and they knew that it was much more than a hunch, that this group, must somehow form a family, and thats the way they became Van Fucking Halen. (music abruptly stops.)

Dave said, boys, don't worry about a thing, just do what I tells ya, and everything is gonna be okay. That worked for a while. After a while, when the little children started getting a bit bigger, the Daddy didn't like it that they started thinking independently. Daddy said fuck you then, go pay your own bills. You will be sorry one of these days.

**picture here a 14 or 15 year old. But your rules are stupid. I don't want to listen to you anymore. A wise parent will give the kid a little slack, let them make a few mistakes, and the whole time still be there to help the kid learn from those mistakes without saying I TOLD YA SO, I TOLD YA SO. A not so smart parent will say fine. You wanted to do it your way, now go do it. When you are ready to do it my way. We will talk... You have to make concessions sometimes as children get older. A really, really bad parent will say, sure whatever the fuck you say, then disappear out of the picture and watch the headlines as the children flounder helplessly for the rest of their lives.**

The child married the first partner that came along and said, no worries, I will take care of you. Then he beat the kid into the ground. One day, the kid decides it is tired of the abuse from the spouse, and gets a divorce. BUT the kid still hasn't learned how to take care of itself. So they live on welfare for a few years-have one relationship that looked promissing, but thta didn't pan out. Gets tired of that rap, and reunites with the abusive spouse.

C'mon Daddy, step back in the picture. Your kid still needs you, even at 26. A parents job is NEVER done. What Van Halen and Roth have been doing is exchanging birthday cards, maybe getting together for christmas now and then.

Its time to shit or get off the pot. Either get back together and resume a life that includes each other, or just walk away. Keep the photo album and rifle through the pictures now and then... The photos and the memories are all thats left. No playing with acting like you were ever a family, or ever will be again.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,337 Times in 6,024 Posts

David and Eddie are both like, uh, like poets you know like Shelley or Byron, or people like that. The two totally distinct types of visionaries, it’s like fire and ice, basically, you see, and I feel my role in the band, is to be kind of in the middle of that, kind of like lukewarm water, in a sense.

Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    11-02-2007 @ 05:38 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by WARF
    I'm sorry, but what I remember from when I was a young kid... was Mikey swingin' on a vine.... in the panama video.... drinking a Jack Daniels bottle... it's how I think he'll be immortalized... with the JD signature bass... it was a symbol of Classic Van Halen! Just like when Dave made that comment about the Clash during the US festival... and took a swig from the Jack bottle...

Tequila represents Van Hagar.

Am I wrong?
    what was the comment about the clash

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-22-2012 @ 01:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

have you seen him?? he is fat!!
    Mike had no balls. He should have had them in 85 and left with dlr. If he loved sammy so much, he should have left with sam in '96.

He should have told the van halen sisters to get fucked after they screwed up the DLR reunion in 2000.

He should have hung out with roth and played with him on stage in 2002, but that would have pissed sammy off.
    What a pussy. I'd being my ric 4003 bass up there and blow him outta the water. maybe not cause im better..but because i have BALLS.
    Fuck his jack daniels, i'll drink grey goose

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-22-2012 @ 01:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by scorpioboy33
    what was the comment about the clash
    The comment about the clash was that they were the only band to put iced tea in a whiskey bottle

Loons The Great

Cool Wella wella wella...well well...Well alright...

Mikey has been there since the mid-70's an' wowza, I'd love to have had his job all these years(or at least until 1985), but his spinelessness and Sammy-lovin' have really pissed me off. I wonder if Ed played bass on the albums...

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 09:07 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 853 Posts

the results on his playing... I agree with the comment, but disagree with the tone your voice...

In Van Halen, bass is a supporting role, not a main one. In some music bass takes on a heavier role, and thats all good. A bad supporting actor can ruin a good movie. Mikey did his job. So what if he is a yes man.

Not good at being in the spotlight...

I saw them on this tour. Mikey is as good as he wants to be. He has been in the business long enough to know what the spotlight can do to a guy. Now this sucks. I like Mike, but you have to quit making me defend him. This is a David Lee Roth site dammit....

Now, and if you get me in trouble on this shit Bob, I'm taking my vote back. Van Halen was ruined when DAVE QUIT. He left those poor defenseless young children to fend for themselves after he had provided for them for sooooo long. What kind of a parent does that to his children? Then spends the next 19 years waiting for them to see how fucked up they are. If you kick your children out on the streets before they have matured into the kind of responsible adults you want them to be, don't expect them to come crying back to you after they have learned how to stand on their own two feet.

I understand that these are four grown men we are talking about, and now a parent child. But for comparison sake, that is pretty close to how I see it. See next post. Otherwise, I think SLH will get me again.
    Good enough, then. I understand your point and respect it. Of all members Van Halen past and present, Mike's actually pretty low on my hatred radar, lol. However, he seems pretty convinced that Sammy's the number one guy for Van Halen and that just sits poorly with me. I can understand his being friends with Hagar (we all need friends, you know), but....to draw another analogy for you...

There's this kid, Mike. A nice guy that I get along with, that everyone gets along with, that runs with a circle of three friends - fair enough. Things are GREAT - these four kids are really admired, because they're cool to everyone, stand up for everyone, everyone loves them, they're friends with everyone and man, when those four kids come around, you KNOW there are gonna be some good times had all the way around.

But one day, for whatever reason, two of his other three friends become, basically, dicks. They become such dicks that their leader, Davey, finally tells them to piss up a wet rope. So their response is to start hanging out with this other dick, Roy. These four guys still have a LOT of pull around the school, a lot of the other kids still look up to them. And the first kid? Well, he continues to hang around with these three other dicks (regardless of how much bullying they start to do to the other kids), insists that everything's better than ever, becomes best friends with the new dick in the group and keeps smiling while this circle of friends becomes more like a gang of punks...not caring about the other kids in the school who put them on a pedestal in the first place.

And Mike? The gang now can't hardly seem to decide whether they want him around half the time or not...Mike just keeps smiling...so long as he's still with his group, everything is OK...

You see what I'm getting at?

After a while, even though I liked this kid Mike a lot, well, shit...I mean, dude, the guys you were running around with used to be cool and all, but man, they've become punks! You were cool yourself! Maybe you don't think so, but man, everybody else in the school does! Doesn't that tell you something? Doesn't the fact that they didn't speak to you for almost ALL of High School say something? And here we are in "The College Years" now, these guys are still being dicks, and they decide that you're OK to hang out with them for a while (for now, anyway), so you think everything's still great and better than ever? Are you blind?

I mean, eventually, it's not like you hate the guy, but you just quit caring about him...people judge you by the circles you walk in...sad truth, but it's a life truth...

Anyway, this long-winded rant over, I'm cool with you, lms2...hopefully you're still cool with me....if not, well, we'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm not gonna start yelling matches here, I'm still a bit too new for that!

Unless, of course, you're a sheep...in that case, God help you.

Thread Information