How many of you actually have seen Van Halen live?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne L.

How many of you actually have seen Van Halen live?

I saw Van Halen live at the old Charlotte Coliseum in NC on 2/1/84 with Autograph as the opening act during my youth which I will never forget since it was one of the coldest days of year with mt fingers getting numb waiting for the arena doors to open then VH kicked out the jams playing their older songs & new songs from their latest album 1984 which was only a few weeks old besides I consider it one of the last great rock & roll tours of its kind. I know there is a bootleg CD of this classic VH concert which I hope to listen to someday when I get the chance to bring back some memories but experiencing Van Halen live in those days was like an atomic bomb exploding in your city if you were a young rock fan like myself at the time because you had to be there or be square but seeing VH live when they were the kings of rock with few equals is similiar to seeing the Beatles live back in the 60's
  • Coyote
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Only seen a video of the '83 US Festival.
    Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Live Maple Leaf Gardens Diver Down and 1984 tours.

Comment

• TwoFoolsAMinute
        Sniper
        • Apr 2004

I have not seen Van Halen Live. Dave was out before I got into VH. Of course, after that, I had no desire to see Van Hagar. I saw the Skyscraper tour for DLR.

Comment

• lms2

Yep, just once, but baby what a night! (I also saw Van Hagar live once as well.)

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

Women & Children First 1980 ,Fair Warning 1981( managed to fight my way to front row in front of EVH ,killer) ,Diver Down 1982,
            And the "1984" tour . All were at Maple Leaf Gardens (R.I.P.).....
            Ahh the good 'ol days .........
            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

May 20, 1984... San Diego Sports Arena....

Night BEFORE the "Sundown in San Diego" bootleg.....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• BigDaddyD
                Head Fluffer
                • Apr 2004

I only got to see Van Hagar on the 5150 monsters of rock tour. I have pretty much every boot that I could find though. The one from Brazil in '83 is fucking killer. Thanks to whoever clued me in to that.

Comment

• moose
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by diamondjimi
                  Women & Children First 1980 ,Fair Warning 1981( managed to fight my way to front row in front of EVH ,killer) ,Diver Down 1982,
                  And the "1984" tour . All were at Maple Leaf Gardens (R.I.P.).....
                  Ahh the good 'ol days .........
                  Hey Diamond if memory serves me correct they played C.N.E. Stadium on July 18th 1980.
                  Saw all the shows at the Gardens and more than a few in Buff/Detroit/Montreal.
                  And yeah "THE GOOD OLE'DAYS"

Comment

• Lou

Saw Dave twice in 1999 and 2001. Seems to me that the best time to have been born was the early to mid 50's. Because you got EVERYTHING from The Beatles to Hendrix to Led Zeppelin to VH...man I was born at the wrong time.

Comment

• walterswoodman
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Apr 2004

Jan 24, 1984 Little Rock, AR absolutely killer show, somebody threw a
                      glowstick and hit dave in the head, he stopped the song, which pissed
                      off eddie, and challenged the guy to come on stage so he could kick
                      his ass. I remember vividly because I was only 12 yrs. old. totally
                      fucking blew my mind.
                      1986 Little Rock, AR 5150 tour Show was allright but seemed like
                      it went on too long, I remember by the end of the show alot of people
                      had already left.
                      1988 Memphis, TN, don't remember much but how everybody I was
                      with was pissed Sammy was singing Running w/ the devil.
                      we left after about 4 songs.
                      1989? Skyscraper Tour Little Rock, AR, Great show, but the power cut
                      off before the first song, Knucklebones I think, and stayed off a few
                      minutes, the crowd started chanting Bullshit Bullshit , power was restored and dave come back out and said I know it's Bullshit Little
                      Rock! Steve Vai was amazing. Oh Yeah it's got to be the most Pussy
                      I've ever seen at a rock show, maybe because Poison was on the bill.

anyway my .02

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

81 Fair Warning tour...to this day best show i have ever seen
                        82 Diver Down tour
                        84 tour

Comment

• horty07
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jun 2004

I Never seen V/H live but I did see the Skyscraper tour, and that show kicked ass.

Comment

• Reverberator
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Aug 2004

I saw Dave on Skyscraper and Lil ain' t enough tours here in good old blighty , missed the mighty VH in 1980 & 1984 , bastard !

Fuck Van Hagar .
                            Originally posted by Mr Grimsdale
                            the chazzers are so lucky
                            so fortunate to be served by the dump messiah
                            http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

Hide Your SHEEP Tour
                              1984 TOUR
                              EEAS TOUR
                              ALAE TOUR

Also seen the HORRIBLE:
                              5150 tour( B.T.O. blew 'em off stage. Helped that BURTON CUMMINGS came out & did 4 GUESS WHO SONGS!!!!

MONSTER OF ROCK tour: EVERYBODY else SUCKED when faced with a YOUNG & HUNGRY METALLICA!!!! NEAR FUCKING RIOT!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Comment

Working...