How many of you actually have seen Van Halen live?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DrMaddVibe
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

1979 - Lakeland Civic Center in support of VHII. That show made me a believer!

1981 - Tangerine Bowl warming up for the Rolling Stones in support of Fair Warning.

Dave had a break where he went off on a reporter that was supposedly in the crowd that had some unflattering things to say about Van Halen. At the end of his bender he says, "this is for you" and rushes to the edge of the stage and moons the crowd.

I've seen Dave 4 times and Van Hagar once at the Monsters of Rock.

DLR IS Van Halen!

The other memorable event was when Eddie, Dave and Mike did this hop kinda thing down the long ramp that made up their stage.
    http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Hummarstra
      Commando
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by diamondjimi
      Women & Children First 1980 ,Fair Warning 1981( managed to fight my way to front row in front of EVH ,killer)
      I hate you you fucking BASTARD!!!!

I saw the Diver Down tour. Greatest concert experience of my life. Changed me forever. I can still remember hearing "Little Guitars" live for the first time..."senorita I'm in love with you.." NO MUSIC before or since has resonated with me like classic VH. And that goes for live performances, too.
      Last edited by Hummarstra; 09-10-2004, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Hummarstra
        Commando
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by gary191265
        Saw Van Halen supporting Sabbath in 1978, at Birmingham Odeon around 1980/81
        Oh, and I hate you, too, you FUCKING BASTARD!!!!!

Comment

• gary191265
          Full On Cocktard
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hummarstra
          Oh, and I hate you, too, you FUCKING BASTARD!!!!!
          Sorry !

I saw Roth on the Skyscraper tour at Hammersmith Odeon, Birmingham NEC and Donington . Also saw him on the ALAE tour at the NEC too.

The EEAS band never made it to Britain as Sheehan had bailed out before they got over here...and Matt Bissonette is the most one dimensional bass player I think I've ever seen (possibly even more so than MA !), what Satriani was thinking about when he replaced Stu Hamm with him, I do not know...

Comment

• monkeythe
            Foot Soldier
            • Apr 2004

Never saw the real deal. Saw Van Hagar Monster of Rock tour and then a few weeks later the Skyscaper tour. No contest, Daves show blew Van HAgar away. Not only was Dave better than Sammy (obvious) but Vai blew Eddie away. What made it even worse was that on several songs Eddie played keybords leaving Sammy to play guitar.

The Van Hagar show had 2 things better than Daves: 1 - a hot chick sitting behind me that took her top off several times during the day, and 2 - better opening acts (Poison vs Metallica/Scorps & Dokken)

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Saw VH in 1981, 1982, and 1984. Saw Dave many, many times solo starting with his first solo tour, right up through last year.

Roth is the best all around entertainer, bar none.
              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• scorpioboy33
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

1984 tour...dlr eatem and smile toronto

Comment

• throatrocket
                  Groupie
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by diamondjimi
                  Women & Children First 1980 ,Fair Warning 1981( managed to fight my way to front row in front of EVH ,killer) ,Diver Down 1982,
                  And the "1984" tour . All were at Maple Leaf Gardens (R.I.P.).....
                  Ahh the good 'ol days .........
                  Same shows but different town. Hampton coliseum, home of the Eatum And Smile Tour kick off. I went to the dress rehearsal the night before and saw the entire show played to an empty 9,000 seat arena! AWSOME

Comment

• scorpioboy33
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2004

i miss maple leaf gardens

Comment

• madraoul
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Feb 2004

Remember $12 tickets? Yeah, I saw them every time they were in town.

Comment

• scorpioboy33
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2004

on the 84 tour in toronto I remember seeing this person throw this huge penis on a board on stage and dlr grabbed it and was air humping...when I seen the eatem and smile tour I ran back to back stage door...near the ramp anyways...got to meet sheean and vai...they got into a mini van...ran over to the parking ramp...and a big limo comes up...daves cracks the window...he's with two blondes (just like a fuckin video) he does one of his face hand things..and he's gone....

Comment

• madraoul
                          Foot Soldier
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by scorpioboy33
                          on the 84 tour in toronto I remember seeing this person throw this huge penis on a board on stage and dlr grabbed it and was air humping...when I seen the eatem and smile tour I ran back to back stage door...near the ramp anyways...got to meet sheean and vai...they got into a mini van...ran over to the parking ramp...and a big limo comes up...daves cracks the window...he's with two blondes (just like a fuckin video) he does one of his face hand things..and he's gone....
                          That's a pretty cool story. Damn, I thought they were the greatest thing in history so they'd never break up. I just went home with the girlfriend of the evening and had a great time. I was always confident they'd be back next year. Little did I know...

Comment

• thefive

I saw them 3 times.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by madraoul
                              Remember $12 tickets? Yeah, I saw them every time they were in town.
                              Yup, my ticket says $11.50. LOL.
                              Now it cost that much to go to the movies!
                              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• allanshort
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Feb 2004

Invasion tour

Fair warning

F.U.C.K. Tour (Hmm first time to see Hagar and kinda slow)

Balance (Europe. Opened for Bon Jovi. I thought WTF???)

VH 3 Berlin Germany. If Gary hadnt danced. I would have loved the show. As it is, I thought OOHH My God, I didnt know he's a Fag, and nope he's no Halford. He's (Gary) the Bitch.

Dave Berlin A little aint enough. AWESOME!!!

Sam and Dave Colorado. It rained during Spammy's set and I left early. Luckily Dave opened.

2003 Hog fest Colorado DAVE!!!!!!! Rocked

Van Halen 2004 Pepsi Center Colorado. HHHMMM. Brought back memories. Where's Dave????? Got my t-shirt and hat. I think this will be the last tour with Hagar (fingers crossed)

Comment

Working...