Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you actually have seen Van Halen live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAHEMMMMM! ***Attended the dress rehearsal for the 1986 EAS tour, Dave did the entire show before a handful of us in a 9,000 seat arena**** Now dont get me wrong, I dont need undo attention. This seems to me anyway, a rather interesting event for Dave fans to ponder or at least give a woppy de doo about. It was so cool and I still cant believe I got an up close and personal look at Dave and his new band the night before the wolrd tour began. Less than 200 people can say that. Come on! Throw me a fricking bone here! This is juicy stuff. I would love to answer a question or two about it.

Comment

Last Gig with Dave 1984 in Nürnberg, Germany. Hooray!

Comment

I'm old enough and lucky enough to have seen Van Halen 7 times between 1979 and 1984!!! The '79 show was life-changing (I was 17!) and they got better EVERY TIME! I try to tell my 17-year-old son how revolutionary they were - that NOBODY had ever played like Eddie and NOBODY had ever performed like Dave - but he can't truly grasp how amazing it was. I feel so fortunate to have lived through it.

In 1981, they played the university I attended. I, of course, was right up front, and ... get this ... Dave kneeled down on the edge of the stage, reached out and took my hand, licked his upper lip seductively and blew me a kiss. The entire time he never took his eyes off mine. OMG! I took home a piece of fabric that he tore off the front of his pants and one of his gloves that he handed to me as a souvenir. (Remember he used to wear those white gloves?) My friend got Eddie's JD bottle and a cigarette that he handed to her right before he played "Spanish Fly." It was truly our night! whew!

Comment

I continue to envy all of you who saw Van HALEN...I'd give just about anything to somehow travel back in time and see a Van HALEN show, even if it were a 1984 show (my least favorite tour).

Comment

And one of the FUNNIER parts of the weekend, was when our "Cyber-stalker" spoke of having seen CLASSIC VAN HALEN...yet still railed against Roth fans for "living in the past". As if ANYBODY who saw the MIGHTY VAN HALEN live would have anything but CONTEMPT for Van Hagar!!! Unless they had the mental capacity of a SERF!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Comment

Comment

VERY COOL FIGS!!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Comment

Best concert I ever went to. My friend got a pick, from Mike, not Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by thefive
                    I saw them 3 times.
                    if it's true, you are too stupid for your age.
                    Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie(scryin')
                      I'm old enough and lucky enough to have seen Van Halen 7 times between 1979 and 1984!!! The '79 show was life-changing (I was 17!) and they got better EVERY TIME! I try to tell my 17-year-old son how revolutionary they were - that NOBODY had ever played like Eddie and NOBODY had ever performed like Dave - but he can't truly grasp how amazing it was. I feel so fortunate to have lived through it.

In 1981, they played the university I attended. I, of course, was right up front, and ... get this ... Dave kneeled down on the edge of the stage, reached out and took my hand, licked his upper lip seductively and blew me a kiss. The entire time he never took his eyes off mine. OMG! I took home a piece of fabric that he tore off the front of his pants and one of his gloves that he handed to me as a souvenir. (Remember he used to wear those white gloves?) My friend got Eddie's JD bottle and a cigarette that he handed to her right before he played "Spanish Fly." It was truly our night! whew!
                      Welcome!

Great post. What a great experience to always be remembered!!!

I'm in that, (cough cough), age bracket as well and have kids that have been well educated in Classic Van Halen. Home schooled, so to speak...
                      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

me and 110.000 others saw dave at donington 1988!
                        saw van halen in birmingham 1993
                        and saw dave again febuary this year in london.
                        love to have seen the 84 tour,but i was only 11 and to busy climbing trees and fingering girl guides!!!
                        anyone who saw them in 84 buy any of the tees?wonna sell em?

Comment

Great poster! That's a serious lineup!

Comment

saw VH in '79, '82, & '84 all in Cleveland Oh.
                            saw Dave in 2002 & '03

Comment

Saw VH in 79 (twice) 80 (twice) and 81. Front row, center stage, every one... (I'm a pushy bitch).

Dave in 2003.
                              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne L.
                                I saw Van Halen live at the old Charlotte Coliseum in NC on 2/1/84 with Autograph as the opening act during my youth which I will never forget since it was one of the coldest days of year with mt fingers getting numb waiting for the arena doors to open then VH kicked out the jams playing their older songs & new songs from their latest album 1984 which was only a few weeks old besides I consider it one of the last great rock & roll tours of its kind. I know there is a bootleg CD of this classic VH concert which I hope to listen to someday when I get the chance to bring back some memories but experiencing Van Halen live in those days was like an atomic bomb exploding in your city if you were a young rock fan like myself at the time because you had to be there or be square but seeing VH live when they were the kings of rock with few equals is similiar to seeing the Beatles live back in the 60's

i saw vh 10 times....

but i never got to see them w/dave

i saw dave solo about 6 times

it would be great if they toured the original line up
                                would love to see them on stage together
                                Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

Working...
                                X