Thread: Tired

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Tired

I am soo tired of hearing about how much people hate Van Hagar and Sammy Hagar, now I don't like them either but do we really have to see them metioned in just about every thread. If you don't like them than just ignore them that's what I really try to do but some people just won't let it go

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Tired

Originally posted by julia
    I am soo tired of hearing about how much people hate Van Hagar and Sammy Hagar, now I don't like them either but do we really have to see them metioned in just about every thread. If you don't like them than just ignore them that's what I really try to do but some people just won't let it go
    Julia, I understand your frustration. I ignored Van Hagar for 10-11 years at one point. Didn't care what they did. Didn't care what their fans had to say.
    THEN, 1996 came about. And it ALL became clear. The SISTERS were screwing DAVE due to their bitterness and hatred of him. But, they forgot one thing....They were SCREWING THEIR FANS As WELL!!!!
    So, I now LOATHE Van Hagar, the band members, their audience, and their EXISTENCE. You wait 11 years for your ABSOLUTE favorite band to get back together...just to have some petty miscreant pull the rug out from under it at the last minute.
    The SISTERS (EVH & SHEMP/alex) had PLANNED to put the screw to DAVE it retaliation for him splitting 11 years earlier. They had ALREADY hired GARY CHERONE(an unwitting pawn in all this) and simply wanted to PUT DAVE IN HIS PLACE. Or, so they thought. The end result was/is that the VAST MAJORITY of their ONCE sizeable fan base realized that THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE for DAVE's leaving and the CON-job of bringing him back to sell copies for Greatest Hits Vol.1.
    I hope I have made a cognitive arguement explaining Mine and Others on this sites utter abhorrence of ANY/EVERYTHING about Van Hagar.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: Tired

Originally posted by Matt White
    Julia, I understand your frustration. I ignored Van Hagar for 10-11 years at one point. Didn't care what they did. Didn't care what their fans had to say.
    THEN, 1996 came about. And it ALL became clear. The SISTERS were screwing DAVE due to their bitterness and hatred of him. But, they forgot one thing....They were SCREWING THEIR FANS As WELL!!!!
    So, I now LOATHE Van Hagar, the band members, their audience, and their EXISTENCE. You wait 11 years for your ABSOLUTE favorite band to get back together...just to have some petty miscreant pull the rug out from under it at the last minute.
    The SISTERS (EVH & SHEMP/alex) had PLANNED to put the screw to DAVE it retaliation for him splitting 11 years earlier. They had ALREADY hired GARY CHERONE(an unwitting pawn in all this) and simply wanted to PUT DAVE IN HIS PLACE. Or, so they thought. The end result was/is that the VAST MAJORITY of their ONCE sizeable fan base realized that THEY WERE RESPONSIBLE for DAVE's leaving and the CON-job of bringing him back to sell copies for Greatest Hits Vol.1.
    I hope I have made a cognitive arguement explaining Mine and Others on this sites utter abhorrence of ANY/EVERYTHING about Van Hagar.

Well said, Matt. A 5 * post for sure, I couldn't have said it any better. As I've posted in a few other threads around here, this just further proves my point that the vast majority of the tension in this band is due to this kind of scheming BS by Ed and Al. Its amazing that Sam and Dave put up with this garbage. Hell, there's even rumors that the current VH tour is feeling some tension, and I can almost guarantee its some junk Ed got going. He's a great guitar player, one of my favorite musicians, but damn he likes to burn bridges. If the music weren't so amazing, this guy and his brother would be in and out of the unemployment office because they probably couldn't get along with anyone they work with. IMO, Sam doesn't deserve the critcism, Ed and Al do. Whether you like Sam or not, its the brothers fault 1996 happened (or didn't).

Dump Messiah
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: Tired

Originally posted by Matt White

Well explained . Five star .

Lou
    Yeah well that and what else are we gonna talk about

Dump Messiah
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    Yeah well that and what else are we gonna talk about
    Chas 'n' Dave ?

lms2
    Julia,

The negativity in all of it gets me down sometimes. Just becareful and pic and choose which threads you get caught up in. People need a place to vent their frustrations regarding the sisters, Mike, Sham, and the evil deeds done to Dave. Thats why this site is here. To promote Dave, and gave Dave fans a place to hang. Fortunately, there is lots of other neat stuff too.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Interceptor and Reverberator, right back at ya fellas!!!
    Julia, Ims2 speaks the truth. There are MANY cool threads and things to see and do on this site. Enjoy and don't step in any SHEEP droppings!!!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Tired

Im looking forward to the end of Van Hagar and new Dave (with or without Van Halen) Van Hagar is happening now, so its a bit hard
    not to express our disgust at every oppurtunity...

I too am tired of hearing about them, but hey, its current affairs.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave's always gonna be linked to Van Halen. Sad to say, same goes for Hagar.

Would be just as content to ignore all of the Van Hagar nonsense, but when you read the drivel from the sheep who have invaded this site........well, what classic Van Halen's music means to me to this day is enough to get me pissed off at the Red Cheddar heads and Eddie grunts who turn up here putting Roth down or trying to mimimize his contributions.

Only so much mis/disinformation I can tolerate. As long as these power-ballad loving Waboritas continue to come to this site, I'm gonna continue to mix it up with 'em. This is our house. Can't allow others to disrespect us in our house.

Not so much because it'll change anyone's opinions about whatever version of Van Halen they like or dislike, but mostly because I don't have anything better to do (hee hee)
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I agree. We need to move on. Of course it would help us move on if Dave had a new original rock CD or tour to talk about!
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

lms2
    He has two shows coming up.

Thread Information