Thread: Panamark's Fav. Gear

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Panamark's Fav. Gear

I can see my Les Paul will fit in well in Sydney.
    Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is that his place??

Only WOMEN have white carpet!!!!!
    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's not white! It's a light tan color! Are you colorblind? Who gives a shit about the carpet anyway??!! Look at the fucking music gear, man!

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    nice gear, but Igo is right. That's white.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HA ha ha! No it's not!! You guys need to make an appointment with the eye doc!

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What, are you guys interior decorators or something?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Im just fuckin' with ya. Nice gear though. I dont see any effects. Is all you need in the stack? Seperate gains, chorus and flanger no doubt?

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Oh he's got his fare share of Boss effects. I do think that the Marshall JCM 800 has a fabulous sound in itself (effects aside). The one's I've played do at least. If you have a good guitar, with this amp you almost don't need effects for a lot of things.

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "fair share" (oops, my spelling!)

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    true enough. I hear it almost doesn't matter about the guitar, its all amp and technique? (been playing for several months, self taught) I have quite a few effects on a shit $200 Vibe amp and Strat copy-cat guitar. I find you really got to ticker with the effects and gain to get a good warm sound.

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The 50 watt version sucks. That's what I play on. It's been tweeeked up now so it sounds incredible. Before, however, it was a piece.

His is a 100 watt.

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What effects do you use??

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Im pushing 50 watts now.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But I have a wife and 2 kids, so I can't really get too loud anyways.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    always use my MT 2 metal Dist. Always ticker with the Phase shifter. Always play with the Dunlop wah. Sometimes use the Stereo Flanger. Very rare do I use my DD6 Delay pedal. Was $300 new, and I dont find it all that valuable to my playing. Maybe someday it will come in handy?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I use zero gain, 1/3 distortion, low shifting and min Flanger for a nice Eddie sound. (thats about as close as I can get) Other than that, I will turn the Distortion pedal right down, turn up the gain and lose the flanger to get another Ed sound. Closer to the demo sounds. (Zero and After Zero)

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm self-taught too!!! Shall I brag for us?....Those are the best players I think! Self taught guitar players learn everything in a more authentic way so as it is self-initiated. When you are in control of your own learning, the learning that occurs is far more meaninful than the learning that is hand fed by someone else. (This is the teacher in me speaking! It is called "Constructivism" in educational terms. It means that one learns best through his/her own construction of knowledge gained from his/her own experiences. As a teacher I stive to create a stimulating enviroment for the children I teach, so that these types of "self-initiateD" learning experiences can occur........LOOK AT ME RAMBLING!! ha!) Anyway, that is why being self-taught is a marvelous thing! You understand the value of learning beyond performance.

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    Im pushing 50 watts now.
    Well, there are some great 50 watters....the JCM one I have sucked before it was tweeked, though. What 50 watt do you play?

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    But I have a wife and 2 kids, so I can't really get too loud anyways.
    You should encourage them to CRANK up with you. I think that sometime during my teaching this year, I am going to bring my gear to school and crank up for the kids. There is nothing better than going from learning fact families to learning the difference between distortion and tone. Hehehehe! Children are our future! I bet yours are adorable! Do they cause you "Big Trouble"?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I agree. Id like to learn scale more, but other than that, I dont want a teacher telling me that it "sounds good." I am pretty hard on myself when Im playing. Its been 7 months of self taught EVERYTHING on the guitar, to the names of the parts to effects to the actual playing, and I think this way teaches a person the best possible way of experimental playing as well. I find myself playing along to ANY song, my own way. For example, I can play, say, the Go Go's "she's got the beat", and play the guitar along with it, alot harder than they did, and it sounds pretty decent. Solos are a different story. I have a lot of trouble picking fast enough for it to sound smooth, but I guess that will come in time.

PS Pay no attention to the Go Go's thing. Im an 80's guy, and I find alot of the 80's tunes are easier to play along to than anything recent. Also I "try" to play along to all the VH pre-5150, but including 5150.

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    always use my MT 2 metal Dist. Always ticker with the Phase shifter. Always play with the Dunlop wah. Sometimes use the Stereo Flanger. Very rare do I use my DD6 Delay pedal. Was $300 new, and I dont find it all that valuable to my playing. Maybe someday it will come in handy?
    I like the Boss MT2! IT gets a pretty good distortion sound. Stereo flange can be fun! I usually play with a VOX wah....but I am still experimenting. Have you ever tried the Bad Horsie wah?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by SweetSecrets
    You should encourage them to CRANK up with you. I think that sometime during my teaching this year, I am going to bring my gear to school and crank up for the kids. There is nothing better than going from learning fact families to learning the difference between distortion and tone. Hehehehe! Children are our future! I bet yours are adorable! Do they cause you "Big Trouble"?
    No my kids and wife are great. No Big troubles there. Wife isn't thrilled with electric guitar at all. lol She will make that "face" when she comes in while Im playing. Kids love it though. My 8 yr old son LOVES DLR and Classic VH, which is cool. His name is Dustin Roth. Also wife and I were married Oct 10th 1992. Yeah, I need help.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    never tried the bad horsie wah. Does it do what I think it does?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ive been trying to get weird animal sounds out of that guitar. That would be perfect.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have to go now, but its been great chatting with you! Lets shoot the breeze again sometime. It was a pleasure!

chris

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I agree. Id like to learn scale more, but other than that, I dont want a teacher telling me that it "sounds good." I am pretty hard on myself when Im playing. Its been 7 months of self taught EVERYTHING on the guitar, to the names of the parts to effects to the actual playing, and I think this way teaches a person the best possible way of experimental playing as well. I find myself playing along to ANY song, my own way. For example, I can play, say, the Go Go's "she's got the beat", and play the guitar along with it, alot harder than they did, and it sounds pretty decent. Solos are a different story. I have a lot of trouble picking fast enough for it to sound smooth, but I guess that will come in time.

PS Pay no attention to the Go Go's thing. Im an 80's guy, and I find alot of the 80's tunes are easier to play along to than anything recent. Also I "try" to play along to all the VH pre-5150, but including 5150.
    That rocks! I am the same way. That is what I think the meaning of music is! So many people seem to forget that music is an outlet for your own expression and creativity. All these music teachers teach by the book...teaching all of the things that others have played, unopen to the application of one's own personal stamp. They forget to acknowledge the importance of using other's ideas simply as a stimulator of influence for your own ideas. The beauty is the freedom we possess through music as an art. I see a song that someone has written as a part of someone's soul which has made itself known to the outside world and the many various interpretation that may follow. They, of course, should still be respectful to the original creator! Spammy needs to remember that.

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    never tried the bad horsie wah. Does it do what I think it does?
    Lets just say, "It's different!" (Think: Steve Vai....He's the one who designed it, if that tells you anything!) It's fun to experiement with. You should try it!

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No my kids and wife are great. No Big troubles there. Wife isn't thrilled with electric guitar at all. lol She will make that "face" when she comes in while Im playing. Kids love it though. My 8 yr old son LOVES DLR and Classic VH, which is cool. His name is Dustin Roth. Also wife and I were married Oct 10th 1992. Yeah, I need help.
    Congratulations on having such a wonderful family. I wish you the best of memories with them.

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ive been trying to get weird animal sounds out of that guitar. That would be perfect.
    Yea that's always cool! Eddie did that alot, didn't he? He did elephants, horses, and monkeys and stuff. That rocks! Very experimentally inventive!

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have to go now, but its been great chatting with you! Lets shoot the breeze again sometime. It was a pleasure!

chris
    Until next time!! Peace be with you, Chris!:p

Is it any wonder
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If you two don't mind me joining in... I'm a self taught bass player, I've been playing for four months now. I'm not bad, but I hate the question 'you any good?' because what's good to some people is awful to others. Also I'm not big headed and like to boast and show off. I think teaching yourself is the best way, because you come up with a style you like and play how you like to play, not how somebody else wants you to play. I don't have an amp yet as (a) I can't afford a decent one and (b) I don't need one. I'm borrowing my friends 20 watt (I think) amp to practice at home on, and at band practices I play through the vocalists 100 watt speakers with him. He managed to get them for free from his Dad's friend. Lucky Bugger....
    Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by smaz
    If you two don't mind me joining in... I'm a self taught bass player, I've been playing for four months now. I'm not bad, but I hate the question 'you any good?' because what's good to some people is awful to others. Also I'm not big headed and like to boast and show off. I think teaching yourself is the best way, because you come up with a style you like and play how you like to play, not how somebody else wants you to play. I don't have an amp yet as (a) I can't afford a decent one and (b) I don't need one. I'm borrowing my friends 20 watt (I think) amp to practice at home on, and at band practices I play through the vocalists 100 watt speakers with him. He managed to get them for free from his Dad's friend. Lucky Bugger....
    (JUST TO NOTE: I love when certain threads, meant to talk about something in particular, end up taking those involved somewhere compeltely different in conversation!)

Hey Smaz, my English rockin' friend! Yea, jump on in here!

I am actually in the same predicament as you. I say I play on a Marshall JCM 800, but really I don't own my own amp. I live with a guitar teacher who has like every piece of music gear you could possibly dream of playing on, and the amp is technically his! I own my Gibson Les Paul and my Ibanez acoustic AE, but am horribly and utterly AMPLESS!! My reasons are the ame as yours "(a) I can't afford a decent one" as I will not buy music equipment that is only half-ass in my mind, but was all I could afford at the time; and "(b) I don't need one" because my living situation allows me to rock, regardless, on pretty much my choice of awesome gear!

Is it any wonder
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Living with someone with loadsa music gear, now that would be great. Also the other thing is if I bought a bigger amp (50 watt and over) then I wouldn't be able to turn it up too loud at home - parents would get pissed off - and I wouldn't be able to get it to band practices because my parents work so I couldn't get it dropped off anywhere. So there really isn't much point in me having one. But when I'm older, I'll have amps as big as me

Also back on subject, your Les Paul will fit in well, with that Cream/Tan colour carpet, not white

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Living with someone with loadsa music gear, now that would be great. Also the other thing is if I bought a bigger amp (50 watt and over) then I wouldn't be able to turn it up too loud at home - parents would get pissed off - and I wouldn't be able to get it to band practices because my parents work so I couldn't get it dropped off anywhere. So there really isn't much point in me having one. But when I'm older, I'll have amps as big as me
    Oh yea! You still have the dilemma of living with the parents! That makes sense. How much longer until you move out into the world on your own?

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Also back on subject, your Les Paul will fit in well, with that Cream/Tan colour carpet, not white
    Yea no kidding! It's biege I think!

Is it any wonder
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll probably move out between 2-4 years?? Depends on when I can really. But I can learn to drive soonish I think, so I would be able to transport an amp around myself. If I wanted an amp, I could save up four four weeks and be able to buy a fairly decent one, or get a better one after 6 weeks. The other thing is I need either a hrad case or a large gig bag/soft case whatever it is. I have an awkward shaped bass - fairly similar to Panamarks - and it doesn't fit in the one I have. I can get it in, but about an inch sticks out and the bag is streched to an awkward shape and is a bugger to carry.

Also, you'll find out the colour of the carpet when you go, and you can tell us all.

Panamark's Girl
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Also, you'll find out the colour of the carpet when you go, and you can tell us all.
    Aint that the truth??!!

Is it any wonder
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well I'm gonna have to a Big Troubles and leave now, but I'll be back!! See Ya!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Igosplut
    Is that his place??

Only WOMEN have white carpet!!!!!
    IGO ! I didnt pick the carpet, its not white BTW.
    Hey dude, you seem to have a real knowledge
    of all these colors and feminine interior design
    ideas, etc, you are not trying to get a gig on
    Queer Eye by any chance ?? :p

Ya Bugga !
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Thread Information