Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

always use my MT 2 metal Dist. Always ticker with the Phase shifter. Always play with the Dunlop wah. Sometimes use the Stereo Flanger. Very rare do I use my DD6 Delay pedal. Was $300 new, and I dont find it all that valuable to my playing. Maybe someday it will come in handy?
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

I use zero gain, 1/3 distortion, low shifting and min Flanger for a nice Eddie sound. (thats about as close as I can get) Other than that, I will turn the Distortion pedal right down, turn up the gain and lose the flanger to get another Ed sound. Closer to the demo sounds. (Zero and After Zero)
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• SweetSecrets
        Sniper
        • Jun 2004

I'm self-taught too!!! Shall I brag for us?....Those are the best players I think! Self taught guitar players learn everything in a more authentic way so as it is self-initiated. When you are in control of your own learning, the learning that occurs is far more meaninful than the learning that is hand fed by someone else. (This is the teacher in me speaking! It is called "Constructivism" in educational terms. It means that one learns best through his/her own construction of knowledge gained from his/her own experiences. As a teacher I stive to create a stimulating enviroment for the children I teach, so that these types of "self-initiateD" learning experiences can occur........LOOK AT ME RAMBLING!! ha!) Anyway, that is why being self-taught is a marvelous thing! You understand the value of learning beyond performance.
        Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Comment

• SweetSecrets
          Sniper
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
          Im pushing 50 watts now.
          Well, there are some great 50 watters....the JCM one I have sucked before it was tweeked, though. What 50 watt do you play?

Comment

• SweetSecrets
            Sniper
            • Jun 2004

But I have a wife and 2 kids, so I can't really get too loud anyways.
            You should encourage them to CRANK up with you. I think that sometime during my teaching this year, I am going to bring my gear to school and crank up for the kids. There is nothing better than going from learning fact families to learning the difference between distortion and tone. Hehehehe! Children are our future! I bet yours are adorable! Do they cause you "Big Trouble"?

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

I agree. Id like to learn scale more, but other than that, I dont want a teacher telling me that it "sounds good." I am pretty hard on myself when Im playing. Its been 7 months of self taught EVERYTHING on the guitar, to the names of the parts to effects to the actual playing, and I think this way teaches a person the best possible way of experimental playing as well. I find myself playing along to ANY song, my own way. For example, I can play, say, the Go Go's "she's got the beat", and play the guitar along with it, alot harder than they did, and it sounds pretty decent. Solos are a different story. I have a lot of trouble picking fast enough for it to sound smooth, but I guess that will come in time.

PS Pay no attention to the Go Go's thing. Im an 80's guy, and I find alot of the 80's tunes are easier to play along to than anything recent. Also I "try" to play along to all the VH pre-5150, but including 5150.

Comment

• SweetSecrets
                Sniper
                • Jun 2004

always use my MT 2 metal Dist. Always ticker with the Phase shifter. Always play with the Dunlop wah. Sometimes use the Stereo Flanger. Very rare do I use my DD6 Delay pedal. Was $300 new, and I dont find it all that valuable to my playing. Maybe someday it will come in handy?
                I like the Boss MT2! IT gets a pretty good distortion sound. Stereo flange can be fun! I usually play with a VOX wah....but I am still experimenting. Have you ever tried the Bad Horsie wah?

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by SweetSecrets
                  You should encourage them to CRANK up with you. I think that sometime during my teaching this year, I am going to bring my gear to school and crank up for the kids. There is nothing better than going from learning fact families to learning the difference between distortion and tone. Hehehehe! Children are our future! I bet yours are adorable! Do they cause you "Big Trouble"?
                  No my kids and wife are great. No Big troubles there. Wife isn't thrilled with electric guitar at all. lol She will make that "face" when she comes in while Im playing. Kids love it though. My 8 yr old son LOVES DLR and Classic VH, which is cool. His name is Dustin Roth. Also wife and I were married Oct 10th 1992. Yeah, I need help.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

never tried the bad horsie wah. Does it do what I think it does?

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

Ive been trying to get weird animal sounds out of that guitar. That would be perfect.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

I have to go now, but its been great chatting with you! Lets shoot the breeze again sometime. It was a pleasure!

chris

Comment

• SweetSecrets
                          Sniper
                          • Jun 2004

I agree. Id like to learn scale more, but other than that, I dont want a teacher telling me that it "sounds good." I am pretty hard on myself when Im playing. Its been 7 months of self taught EVERYTHING on the guitar, to the names of the parts to effects to the actual playing, and I think this way teaches a person the best possible way of experimental playing as well. I find myself playing along to ANY song, my own way. For example, I can play, say, the Go Go's "she's got the beat", and play the guitar along with it, alot harder than they did, and it sounds pretty decent. Solos are a different story. I have a lot of trouble picking fast enough for it to sound smooth, but I guess that will come in time.

PS Pay no attention to the Go Go's thing. Im an 80's guy, and I find alot of the 80's tunes are easier to play along to than anything recent. Also I "try" to play along to all the VH pre-5150, but including 5150.
                          That rocks! I am the same way. That is what I think the meaning of music is! So many people seem to forget that music is an outlet for your own expression and creativity. All these music teachers teach by the book...teaching all of the things that others have played, unopen to the application of one's own personal stamp. They forget to acknowledge the importance of using other's ideas simply as a stimulator of influence for your own ideas. The beauty is the freedom we possess through music as an art. I see a song that someone has written as a part of someone's soul which has made itself known to the outside world and the many various interpretation that may follow. They, of course, should still be respectful to the original creator! Spammy needs to remember that.

Comment

• SweetSecrets
                            Sniper
                            • Jun 2004

never tried the bad horsie wah. Does it do what I think it does?
                            Lets just say, "It's different!" (Think: Steve Vai....He's the one who designed it, if that tells you anything!) It's fun to experiement with. You should try it!

Comment

• SweetSecrets
                              Sniper
                              • Jun 2004

No my kids and wife are great. No Big troubles there. Wife isn't thrilled with electric guitar at all. lol She will make that "face" when she comes in while Im playing. Kids love it though. My 8 yr old son LOVES DLR and Classic VH, which is cool. His name is Dustin Roth. Also wife and I were married Oct 10th 1992. Yeah, I need help.
                              Congratulations on having such a wonderful family. I wish you the best of memories with them.

Comment

• SweetSecrets
                                Sniper
                                • Jun 2004

Ive been trying to get weird animal sounds out of that guitar. That would be perfect.
                                Yea that's always cool! Eddie did that alot, didn't he? He did elephants, horses, and monkeys and stuff. That rocks! Very experimentally inventive!

Comment

Working...