X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SweetSecrets
    Sniper
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    I have to go now, but its been great chatting with you! Lets shoot the breeze again sometime. It was a pleasure!

chris
    Until next time!! Peace be with you, Chris!:p
    Baby Pana due April 28th!

I love Daddy Panamark! :0

Comment

• smaz
      Commando
      • Mar 2004

If you two don't mind me joining in... I'm a self taught bass player, I've been playing for four months now. I'm not bad, but I hate the question 'you any good?' because what's good to some people is awful to others. Also I'm not big headed and like to boast and show off. I think teaching yourself is the best way, because you come up with a style you like and play how you like to play, not how somebody else wants you to play. I don't have an amp yet as (a) I can't afford a decent one and (b) I don't need one. I'm borrowing my friends 20 watt (I think) amp to practice at home on, and at band practices I play through the vocalists 100 watt speakers with him. He managed to get them for free from his Dad's friend. Lucky Bugger....
      Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• SweetSecrets
        Sniper
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by smaz
        If you two don't mind me joining in... I'm a self taught bass player, I've been playing for four months now. I'm not bad, but I hate the question 'you any good?' because what's good to some people is awful to others. Also I'm not big headed and like to boast and show off. I think teaching yourself is the best way, because you come up with a style you like and play how you like to play, not how somebody else wants you to play. I don't have an amp yet as (a) I can't afford a decent one and (b) I don't need one. I'm borrowing my friends 20 watt (I think) amp to practice at home on, and at band practices I play through the vocalists 100 watt speakers with him. He managed to get them for free from his Dad's friend. Lucky Bugger....
        (JUST TO NOTE: I love when certain threads, meant to talk about something in particular, end up taking those involved somewhere compeltely different in conversation!)

Hey Smaz, my English rockin' friend! Yea, jump on in here!

I am actually in the same predicament as you. I say I play on a Marshall JCM 800, but really I don't own my own amp. I live with a guitar teacher who has like every piece of music gear you could possibly dream of playing on, and the amp is technically his! I own my Gibson Les Paul and my Ibanez acoustic AE, but am horribly and utterly AMPLESS!! My reasons are the ame as yours "(a) I can't afford a decent one" as I will not buy music equipment that is only half-ass in my mind, but was all I could afford at the time; and "(b) I don't need one" because my living situation allows me to rock, regardless, on pretty much my choice of awesome gear!

Comment

• smaz
          Commando
          • Mar 2004

Living with someone with loadsa music gear, now that would be great. Also the other thing is if I bought a bigger amp (50 watt and over) then I wouldn't be able to turn it up too loud at home - parents would get pissed off - and I wouldn't be able to get it to band practices because my parents work so I couldn't get it dropped off anywhere. So there really isn't much point in me having one. But when I'm older, I'll have amps as big as me

Also back on subject, your Les Paul will fit in well, with that Cream/Tan colour carpet, not white
          Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• SweetSecrets
            Sniper
            • Jun 2004

Living with someone with loadsa music gear, now that would be great. Also the other thing is if I bought a bigger amp (50 watt and over) then I wouldn't be able to turn it up too loud at home - parents would get pissed off - and I wouldn't be able to get it to band practices because my parents work so I couldn't get it dropped off anywhere. So there really isn't much point in me having one. But when I'm older, I'll have amps as big as me
            Oh yea! You still have the dilemma of living with the parents! That makes sense. How much longer until you move out into the world on your own?

Comment

• SweetSecrets
              Sniper
              • Jun 2004

Also back on subject, your Les Paul will fit in well, with that Cream/Tan colour carpet, not white
              Yea no kidding! It's biege I think!

Comment

• smaz
                Commando
                • Mar 2004

I'll probably move out between 2-4 years?? Depends on when I can really. But I can learn to drive soonish I think, so I would be able to transport an amp around myself. If I wanted an amp, I could save up four four weeks and be able to buy a fairly decent one, or get a better one after 6 weeks. The other thing is I need either a hrad case or a large gig bag/soft case whatever it is. I have an awkward shaped bass - fairly similar to Panamarks - and it doesn't fit in the one I have. I can get it in, but about an inch sticks out and the bag is streched to an awkward shape and is a bugger to carry.

Also, you'll find out the colour of the carpet when you go, and you can tell us all.

Comment

• SweetSecrets
                  Sniper
                  • Jun 2004

Also, you'll find out the colour of the carpet when you go, and you can tell us all.
                  Aint that the truth??!!

Comment

• smaz
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2004

Well I'm gonna have to a Big Troubles and leave now, but I'll be back!! See Ya!!

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
                      Is that his place??

Only WOMEN have white carpet!!!!!
                      IGO ! I didnt pick the carpet, its not white BTW.
                      Hey dude, you seem to have a real knowledge
                      of all these colors and feminine interior design
                      ideas, etc, you are not trying to get a gig on
                      Queer Eye by any chance ?? :p

Ya Bugga !
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Igosplut
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                        IGO ! I didnt pick the carpet, its not white BTW.
                        Hey dude, you seem to have a real knowledge
                        of all these colors and feminine interior design
                        ideas, etc, you are not trying to get a gig on
                        Queer Eye by any chance ?? :p

Ya Bugga !
                        HA!

My interior decorating skills declined severely after the last time I rode my Harley through the front door, footpeg catching the door frame tearing it out and hitting the couch.......

I started going thur the back door after that. The oils easyer to get off the kitchen floor........
                        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Susie Q
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
                          HA!

My interior decorating skills declined severely after the last time I rode my Harley through the front door, footpeg catching the door frame tearing it out and hitting the couch.......

I started going thur the back door after that. The oils easyer to get off the kitchen floor........
                          Ooof! If I was yer ol' lady, I would kick your ass! LOL

Mark, still though...nice gear, and looks like ya keep a neat house. Sweetsecrets is gonna like that!

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                          ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• SweetSecrets
                            Sniper
                            • Jun 2004

I know this already!!

Comment

• smaz
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2004

When you going to see Panamark??

Comment

• BrownSound1
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Mar 2003

I like the gear except for one thing....that guitar has a Kahler on it. I guess P'Mark is all into the Rock of Ages/Photograph/Foolin' Def Leppard era....Phil Collen would be proud bro.

Comment

Working...