1999 tour lineup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marlowe01

1999 tour lineup

just wondering who he was all playing with during that tour...that's it.
  • Lou

Guitar: Bart Walsh, who played with Dave on the 2001 tour as well. I happened to see Bart's last show with Dave, which was Philadelphia 11/21/01. I think Bart got in trouble for a DUI or something, but in any event Dave fired him in early 2002. Then Toshi Hiketa was branded as the lead guitarist for about a month, then Brian Young was given the lead job from 2002 on. Toshi was brought back as a rhythm guitarist for the 2003 tour. I'm not sure if Toshi is still with the band, I'm guessing he is.

Drums: Ray Luzier, the longest currently tenured musician with Dave, who played on the DLR album and has been touring with Dave from 1999 onward.

Bass: Don't remember, and does it really matter? The least important part by far of the DLR band.

Comment

• scorpioboy33
      Commando
      • Jul 2004

actually I have chatte online with Ray Luzier what a great guy he is...real down to earth family dude

Comment

• Matt White
        • Jun 2004

Isn't that guy from WHITE LION, James LOMENZO (Or some such), playing bass for DAVE?

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Comment

• Lou

He was, don't know if he currently is. But in 1999 it was someone different and I honestly don't even remember who it was.

Comment

• Cato
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

bass player was Todd Jensen at the time.
            Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• Marlowe01

Thanks for the lineup, Lou! I just liked the back-up vocals style that Dave was using during his 1994 and 1998-9 tours. Ex: "Panama" on those tours. Backing vocals go, "paaahnamaaa!", while Dave yells, "Panamaaa!" I thought it was neat. It almost sounded like the rest of the band it was from another country...like they had an accent of some sort. Anyways...yeah.

Comment

Working...