X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Welcome to Winter Beer season 2006!

Our first winter beer entry for the season comes from the Anderson Valley Brewing Company of Mendicino California, brewers of the damn fine "Barney Flatts Oatmeal Stout" and "Hop Ottin IPA"

Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale
    is going fast. If you See it, Buy it! There won't be any more until next winter.

This fine holiday brew was awarded Gold Medals in 1997 and 1998 by the World Beer Championships , and was named their 1998 World Champion Winter Ale .

From the first sip of Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale , your senses will be aroused with the vision of a glowing fire, warming the hearth and home, as gently drifting snow flakes silently blanket the trees outside. Each lingering sip will gently warm your soul with thoughts of family and friends, gathering around the table for the feast. Luscious, creamy, smooth, and warming, this medium bodied ale is brewed with Caramel and crystal malts to give it just a hint of sweetness, then paired with our private blend of holiday spice. Winter Solstice Ale is great alone or as an accompaniment to any meal, and it has been known to liven and spice up nearly any social event. This coveted and much sought-after brew is released in November, just in time for the holidays, and by the first of the New Year will be only a fond memory.

As with all of our products, Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale is never sterile filtered nor heat pasteurized, and should be stored in refrigeration. However, to fully enjoy its rich and complex flavor, it should be served between 40° and 45°F

6.9 % Alcohol by Volume

FORD's rating:

While this beer tastes more like a Belgian ale than it does the typical winter warmer, it's definitely the high quality product I've come to expect from Anderson Valley. I just wish their beer was a little easier to find around here.

Best served ice cold after a political slaughter
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• blonddgirl777
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Here is one of the beers that my husband drank on his "beer rampage" in Belgium...
      It is a traditional brew that was fabricated by the Carmelites nuns, centuries ago...
      Apparently is it awsome!

You can probably find it in a specialty store near you?
      (I really like the design of the logo and the glass...)

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
      Originally posted by Nitro Express
      ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
      Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
      [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
      http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
      Originally posted by VanHalener
      ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
      Originally posted by FORD
      ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The label looks familiar. I think I have seen it in a couple stores in town that carry the imports. I'll have to look for it.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Greetings Rothalcoholics and HALEN hopheads!!

Wow, over 6 months since the last beercyclopedia entry..... time flies huh?

Truthfully, I've been drinking much less in my old age, and sticking with the old classics when I do. Hadn't tried anything new in a while.....

Now you might remember that I've said in the past that I don't care for lager as much as an ale or a stout. As a rule that remains the case, but I found a lager worthy of note tionight.....

Every microbrewery in the Northwest and probably everywhere else puts out some sort of light weight "summer brew" that's usually pretty lame. Had some Sam Adams "Summer Ale" at a friend's house earlier in the week and said to say it doesn't make the cut.

But Full Sail has done well with this one. I hope they move it from a "Limited Edition" to a full time beer

FORD's rating:
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Redballjets88
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

this stuff is soo damn good, and cheap if your going to have a get together and are strapped for cash 12.99 for 30. its better than Corona

R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Dude, this ain't the crap beer thread!

If it comes in a can, it sucks... Nobody's proven me wrong on that one yet.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Redballjets88
                Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

hey to me that shit is gourmet, im 19 and work as a waiter thats shit is gold in a bottle haha.

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I drank cheap beer when I was 19 too. But that's not what this thread is about. This is just the quality stuff. Does that make me a beer snob? Fuck yes, but I don't get hangovers because I don't drink impurities.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Redballjets88
                    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

thats cool. are their any good light color beers like that, i dont like dark beer too much.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Lager's are generally lighter beers. If you were going to judge beer by terms of color alone, it would probably go, in terms of lightest to darkest....

Pilsner.Lager.Ale.Stout.

That's a basic guideline. Of course there are all sorts of branches off of any of those. Blondes, Porters, etc.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Redballjets88
                        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i really like Shiner Blonde.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The Beercyclopedia welcomes a new sponsor this weekend.... The IronHorse Brewery of Ellensburg Washington.

Malty & dark red in color, Loco-Motive features an
                          aromatic hop bite to balance the sweet flavor.

If their red ale is this hoppy, I can't wait to try their IPA.

But then, the finest hops in the world are grown within a short distance from Ellensburg, so why not use what you got?

And the results are excellent. And appropriately named. This stuff goes down smooth, but at 7.5% alcohol, it hits you like a fucking freight train. But only in the best way.

FORD's rating: ½

Iron Horse Brewery is a local, pacific northwest brewery located in Washington state. We make Irish Death,
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

BTW, the owner of Iron Horse used to work for Sierra Nevada, so if you are fans of their work, you might want to look for this stuff.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

BUMP for The Chump.

Learn from one of the masters, BlueballJets

Thanks FORD.
                              Originally posted by Kristy
                              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                              Originally posted by cadaverdog
                              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                                hey to me that shit is gourmet, im 19 and work as a waiter thats shit is gold in a bottle haha.
                                LMAO

Nothing's changed I see.....

Originally posted by Kristy
                                Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                                Originally posted by cadaverdog
                                I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Working...