Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Return of the FORD Beercyclopedia thread - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return of the FORD Beercyclopedia thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CROWBAR
    Me likey!

The Sierra Celebration ale is good stuff Ford!
    Yeah, I tried some of that last year. I'll definitely be working a 6 pack of that in somewhere between now and 12/25
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• I just talked to my brother in Boston. He bought a bottle (liter) of Samuel Adams Chocolate Bock for $14 bucks. Review to follow when I get to it.

Samuel Adams® partnered with Scharffen Berger Chocolate to develop their newest innovation, Samuel Adams® Chocolate Bock. Tettnang Tettnanger and Spalt hops were hand-selected from the world's oldest growing area and combined with a complex selection of malts including two row Pale, Munich and caramel to create a rich and satisfying brew. This dark beer has a big, malty character that is combined with the subtle sweetness of chocolate. The chocolatiers at Scharffen Berger crafted an exclusive blend of chocolate for Samuel Adams® made with cocoa beans from Ghana called forastero. Samuel Adams® Chocolate Bock was aged on a bed of this chocolate to create its unique layers of flavor. As the beer matured, the fruity, tart, earthy and chocolate aromas were infused into the liquid to give the brew a complex, full-bodied taste with a velvety finish. A hint of vanilla was added to meld the symphony of flavors together.
      Due to legal restrictions, Samuel Adams® Chocolate Bock can not be sold in the states of Alabama, Louisiana, and Utah.

http://www.samueladams.com/world_of_...px?jump=styles
      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-22-2004, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FORD
        Applejacks?

That place is like the Costco of alcohol. It's a huge store, and the beer cooler takes up pretty much one whole wall of it. Not sure if they have one in Colorado Springs, but they do in the Denver area.
        And they just recently expanded the store, so it's about 50% bigger now.

But sadly, no there's no Applejack down here in the Springs. It's worth the 2 hour drive to Wheat Ridge though.

Comment

• This week, we're at Bridgeport Brewery in Portland with a beer that even Scrooge himself could appreciate......

Ebenezer Ale

Brewed in homage to the holiday season, Ebenezer Ale is full-bodied, rich mahogany in color, crowned with a creamy head and finished with a festive warmth. The ale is brewed with four kinds of roasted malts, and local and imported hops. It is naturally conditioned in the keg and bottle to enhance the smooth balance of malt and hops.

Our winter seasonal is available September through January.

Alcohol by Volume: 6.4%
          Original Gravity: 16.0
          BUs: 40

Accolades

* Silver Medal, Brewing Industry International Awards, London, England, 2002
          * Highly Recommended Rating, The Beverage Testing Institute, Chicago, IL, 2002

FORD's review: No odd ingredients like berries or Hemp as hops in this one. Just a damn good winter ale that will cure your Bah Humbugs. Deceptively smooth enough even for a wuss beer fan - here's a 6.4% ale that goes down more like a 4.5% - so keep the cell phones handy to call a cab if you and Cratchit are pounding these down at your holiday party

FORD's rating -

link
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• This beer's roots are in Belgium, and the classic Wit biers produced by Belgium's brewers. The style gets its name from the white, milky appearance of this unfiltered wheat ale. The brewers of Samuel Adams® beer, taking inspiration from the Belgians, have created a classic of their own. On the malt side, we use malted two row Pale barley, malted wheat, and Munich malt to give this beer a crisp, malty, cereal finish and smooth mouth feel. The hops used are Noble Tettnang Tettnanger hops. At the end of the kettle boil, we add a proprietary spice blend to give Samuel Adams® White Ale a unique and complex flavor, without being overpowering or cloying. The spice blend includes orange and lemon peel, dried plum, grains of paradise, coriander, anise, hibiscus, rose hips, tamarind, and vanilla. It is this special blend of spices that gives Samuel Adams® White Ale its unique character, complexity and refreshing drinkability. The beer is coarse filtered, leaving a white haze from the malt proteins. Our proprietary top fermenting ale yeast ferments the beer, imparting its signature character - bright and slightly fruity.
            Sam Adams

Excellent beer. Mellow and reminiscient of Sam Adam's Weiss beer.

Rating: out of five.

Comment

• Double post
              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 01-29-2005, 10:39 PM.

Comment

• The wife and I went to Disney world a few weeks ago and had dinner at The Brown Derby in MGM Studios. This is where I fell in love with "Trois Pistoles".

I just stumbled upon a bottle in my local distibutor and snatched it up to see if it was as good as I had originally thought. It is. It came in a dark brown, 750 ml ( like a pint and a halfish), corked and caged bottle....bout 6 bucks.

It's almost sad to call it beer......sooooo good.

9% alc/vol my friends....this is no pounding beer. DARK brown/reddish with a "fruity" taste. I can also taste a hint of chocolate. Awesome mouth feel, rocky head...did I mention 9% alc/vol?

I'm the guy that skip's coffee during dessert and continues with the beer....this beer is FANTASTIC with dessert.

This beer is fantastic period.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sternsucks.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80...9e45f7d735.jpg

Your mom's box!

Comment

• This thread is fucking gay
                  Van Halen 1986-1996, 2004: 80 Million sold and counting!!!

Van Who Again? 2007 : UNDERSOLD, OVERRATED FAILURES!!!

Owned bitches:

Bueno Boob
                  Prikk
                  Billl Limpburgh
                  Dickdfresh
                  Matt Wite
                  Shaun Ponsonby
                  Wawazass
                  Sole Reeper
                  and any other Rothtard faggit that tries to deny that REAL Van Halen is SAMMY HAGAR!

Comment

• Originally posted by Three Lock Rock
                    Giving guys head is making me fucking gay
                    You back you SAMMY lovin' homo!?

Comment

This thread is fucking gay
                      No, that would be a tequilacyclopedia thread. Especially if it only focused on one particular overpriced brand.

NOW GET THE FUCK OUTA HERE, SHEEP!

I provide this thread as a public service so REAL Van Halen fans are never stuck drinking shitty beer again. You will respect it, or you will die.

Who do you think gave the Sheep Pen Police their arsenal of laser-sighted cattle prods?
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Originally posted by distortion9
                        The wife and I went to Disney world a few weeks ago and had dinner at The Brown Derby in MGM Studios. This is where I fell in love with "Trois Pistoles".

I just stumbled upon a bottle in my local distibutor and snatched it up to see if it was as good as I had originally thought. It is. It came in a dark brown, 750 ml ( like a pint and a halfish), corked and caged bottle....bout 6 bucks.

It's almost sad to call it beer......sooooo good.

9% alc/vol my friends....this is no pounding beer. DARK brown/reddish with a "fruity" taste. I can also taste a hint of chocolate. Awesome mouth feel, rocky head...did I mention 9% alc/vol?

I'm the guy that skip's coffee during dessert and continues with the beer....this beer is FANTASTIC with dessert.

This beer is fantastic period.

Thanks for kicking this thread back up! I've been neglecting it lately from lack of drinking.

And I have tried this one before, and it is good, but very heavy. Not for amateur beer drinkers at all. Also had another one from the same brewery. I believe it was called "Fin DuMonde" or something like that.

Might want to check that out
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• It was sunny and 75 degrees today in FORD Country, a rarity for April, especially as wet and rainy as most of this month has been.

Nothing tastes better on a day like this than an ice cold IPA

Redhook India Pale Ale is a beer that celebrates hoppiness. The flavor of Cascade hops is the dominant note in our IPA, and it's a true English-style bitter.

The distinctive style was developed by British brewers in the 1700s. They created the sturdy beer to survive long sea journeys to far-flung colonies, where troops eagerly awaited the brew's arrival. Hops, happily, not only imparted a delightful bitterness, they also inhibited the growth of bacteria.

Originally named "Ballard Bitter" in honor of the Seattle neighborhood where Redhook opened its first brewery, Redhook IPA has been embraced by ale enthusiasts from the Northwest to New England.

IPA is highly enjoyable with grilled meats and spicy entrees.

Grain Variety:
                          2-row Klages, Caramel 30/37, Munich

Hop Variety:
                          Northern Brewer, Willamette, Cascades

Flavor Profile:
                          Aggressively hopped, dry and crisp finish

Color:
                          Brass (8.4 SRM)

Bitterness Units:
                          38.5 IBU

Alcohol % Weight:

Alcohol % Volume:

Original Gravity:

Calories / 12 oz.:

Carbohydrates / 12 oz.:
                          12.66 g.

Package Format:
                          Bottle, keg cask conditioned

Brewed Since:

FORD's rating:
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            You back you SAMMY lovin' homo!?
                            Sammy lovin' yes. Homo no. You are an idiot though.
                            Van Halen 1986-1996, 2004: 80 Million sold and counting!!!

Van Who Again? 2007 : UNDERSOLD, OVERRATED FAILURES!!!

Owned bitches:

Bueno Boob
                            Prikk
                            Billl Limpburgh
                            Dickdfresh
                            Matt Wite
                            Shaun Ponsonby
                            Wawazass
                            Sole Reeper
                            and any other Rothtard faggit that tries to deny that REAL Van Halen is SAMMY HAGAR!

Comment

Sammy lovin' yes. Homo no. You are an idiot though.
                              Wow! You're a poet and you probably blow it!

I didn't think you would like beer, I was thinking you're more a chardonnay man/eunuch...

Comment

• HOPDEVIL ALE
                                Menacingly delicious, with the powerful, aromatic punch of whole flower American hops backed up by rich, German malts. HopDevil Ale offers a roller coaster ride of flavor, coasting to a smooth finish that satisfies fully.

PRAISE FROM THE PROS
                                Champion American Beer:
                                Great British Beer Festival 2002

Domestic Beer of The Year:
                                Malt Advocate Magazine 1999

COMPOSITION
                                Malts: Imported, German 2 row
                                Hops: American whole flowers
                                Alcohol by volume: 6.66%

AVAILABILITY
                                Draft and bottles year 'round

Satan's rating:
                                Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                                I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...
                                X