X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Fat Sammy
    Veteran
    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FORD
    I think I'd be begging for God to have mercy on something else entirely.

Blueberries affect me like Ex-lax, so that doesn't sound like one for a party beer.

That's exactly what I was thinking would happen after drinking more than a couple of these in one sitting...

...been drinking one a day, but I will leave them alone after the 6 are gone.

We've found the perfect drink for The Scatologist!

Comment

• scamper
      Commando
      • May 2005

The best beer around is

14 lbs pale(2 row)
      1 lb crystal 40L
      1 lb flaked oats

1 oz centennial for 60 min
      2 oz cascade for 30 min
      2 oz EKG for 10 min

try it you'll love it, its the perfect combo of hops for a pale

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by scamper
        The best beer around is

14 lbs pale(2 row)
        1 lb crystal 40L
        1 lb flaked oats

1 oz centennial for 60 min
        2 oz cascade for 30 min
        2 oz EKG for 10 min

try it you'll love it, its the perfect combo of hops for a pale
        Sounds good. I haven't attempted home brewing as of yet. Don't have the space for it at present

And no new reviews tonight... Just chilling with some good ol' Redhook IPA (aka Ballard Bitters)
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Tonight's entry comes from the MacTarnahan's brewery in Portland Oregon....

Brews: IPA (India Pale Ale)
          What's the India in IPA?

Woodstock IPA is an authentic wood-conditioned India Pale Ale with the distinctive flavor of the British Empire’s original. Traditional IPAs were distinguished by rich hops, which were generously added to preserve the beer during its long overseas voyage between England and India. They were also characterized by striking oak flavor, as the beer made its journey in wooden barrels. Woodstock IPA matures in oak and is dry-hopped during the aging process to bring you the classic style.

Specs: Original Gravity 15.5, Specific Gravity 1062, Hop Bitterness 45 IBU

FORD's review: My initial disappointment with this one comes from the fact that the website calls it "Woodstock IPA", a great name in my opinion, but it's nowhere on the bottle. So they take a hippy name off and replace it with an elephant..... that's enough to make a Liberal think twice right there!

But I already bought the beer, so I might as well drink it, right?

It's an enjoyable ale, but not very hoppy, in terms of IPA. And the whole purpose of IPA's historically, was the extra hops, as the brewery notes above.

Very drinkable, but not recommended for hop fiends.

FORD's rating 1/2
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Tonight's entry comes from the Dogfish brewery of Delaware....

Indian Brown Ale
            A cross between a Scotch Ale, an I.P.A, and an American Pale,
            this beer is well hopped and malty at the same time.
            Our Indian Brown Ale is brewed with Aromatic Barley and caramelized brown sugar.
            7.2% ABV 50 IBU
            available year round, 12 ounce bottles & draft
            approx. 230 calories and 23 carbs per bottle

Descriptors: Notes of molasses, coffee, ginger, raisinettes, chocolate
            Food pairing reccomendations:Balsamiv vinaigrette salads smoked meats,
            duck confit, braised ribs, venison, proscuitto, stews
            Suggested serving glass: pint glass
            Comparable wine style: Shiraz

FORD's review: I've heard about Dogfish brews from east coast beer conniseurs for some time now, but didn't think I'd ever see any out this way, so curiosity alone justified the $9 I paid for this 6 pack. To call this the best Brown Ale this side of Newcastle would be a true statement, but it doesn't do justice to the beer.

The name "Indian Brown Ale" was an odd choice, since (aside from what their ad copy says above) I don't find much resembling an IPA in this brew. Definitely malt is favored in this one, and as far as the brown sugar goes, even Mick Jagger would have to agree, it tastes so good....

If I ever make it to the East Coast, this brewery is a scheduled stop

For you East Coasters. check em out!

FORD's rating :
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Golden AWe
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Are you guys familiar with this one?

Stella Artois has been crafting the finest lager with quality ingredients since its first brew in Belgium over 600 years ago.

"Stella Artois is a Belgian lager beer that has been brewed in Leuven, Belgium by InBev (formerly InterBrew). Although the Artois brewery was established in 1366, the brew as it is commonly known today did not arrive on the scene until 1926. That year, the Stella Xmas beer was brewed for the first time. Colloquially known as Stella (the Latin word for star), it is the most popular premium lager in the UK beer market, and is being heavily promoted as an international brand by InBev. In many parts of the United Kingdom and Ireland Stella Artois has acquired the nickname Wifebeater. The exact origins of this name are not clear, but presumably this name likely arises from a famous scene in the play A Streetcar Named Desire, where Stanley (played by Marlon Brando in the film version) yells "Stella!", the name of his wife, as he begs her to return after violently beating her. It is also an urban myth that the drink makes one more prone to violence and yobbish behaviour, as typified by a subculture nicknamed 'Chavs'

Stella Artois is the title sponsor of the Queen's Club Championships, an annual tennis tournament held in London.
              [edit]

Summary

* Alcohol: 5.2%
              * Its widely known advertising slogan is "Reassuringly Expensive".
              * The slogan is conveyed by way of very costly and lengthy, filmic television and cinema commercials directed by renowned movie directors such as Jonathan Glazer.
              * A television advertising campaign famously used Verdi's The Force of Destiny, previously used in the film Jean de Florette.
              * Famous for its 'Stubby' beer bottles (25cl)
              * It is also available in 44cl, 50cl & 56.8cl (pint) cans, 33cl, 66cl, and 1 litre bottles, and 500cl draught kegs
              * Stella Artois is brewed in Belgium and the United Kingdom, as well as other countries.
              * Many British people believe that it has a higher alcohol content than any other beer on the market.
              * Commonly known as 'wifebeater' because of the famous Marlon Brando performance in Streetcar Named Desire, where he has beaten his wife, then pleads for her forgiveness shouting "Stelllllaaaaa!" Coincidentally, this line and performance was notoriously mimicked in one of the most popular episodes of the Seinfeld Show in the 1990s as the beer also began its ascent in popularity. (Note, this nickname is not to do with its alcohol content, as most other premium Belgian beers are 7.5% or more (e.g. Duvel, Westmalle, Scaldis/Bush and Chimay.)"

I've been drinking a lot of this lately...along with Hoegaarden, Heineken, Budvar and Tuborg it's definetely one of the best I've ever found. (This is how much I can say about beers..."it's good, it's not good" ahahaha)

Originally posted by Cato
              Golden, why are you FAT?
              Originally posted by lesfunk
              Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I've seen Stella & Hoegarden in a couple of stores. Thing is though, if these are "big label" beers overseas, chance is they'll be distributed by a big label (Bud/miller/coors) over here, which means it will be a watered down version. Even Guinness, good as it is, is a pale imitation of what they actually make in Dublin. I can get Belgian ales made locally, or in Colorado that are averaging 8 to 10% alcohol content, so I'm a little suspicious of an allegedly authentic Belgian brew at only 5.2%.

Sounds like a corporatized "import" to me
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Golden AWe
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

For us it's usually so that if we find a beer like the danish Carlsberg in the supermarket, as a cheap six-pack version, it is brewed and watered down in Finland...but if we buy it from the alcohol stores, we usually have the original version...and it's always the real thing.
                  Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• larbo
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Apr 2005

Sounds good. I haven't attempted home brewing as of yet. Don't have the space for it at present
                    yeah, it's hard to do when you live in your parents basement you loser. and I think people are tired of your liberal extremist impeach bush bullshit. bush dont take no shit from nobody. especially little cancerous anti-americans like you! so go stand beside CINDY SHEEHAN and drink a bush light CAUSE THIS BUSCH IS FOR YOU! I SAY IMPEACH FORD! IMPEACH FORD! IMPEACH FORD! IMPEACH FORD! IMPEACH FORD! IMPEACH FORD! IMPEACH FORD!
                    Last edited by larbo; 08-23-2005, 05:41 PM.
                    WIGGER STOMPER

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Fuck off and die, you Burbank bitchboy.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by larbo
                        yeah, it's hard to do when you live in your parents basement you loser. and I think people are tired of your liberal extremist impeach bush bullshit. bush dont take no shit from nobody. especially little cancerous anti-americans like you! so go stand beside CINDY SHEEHAN and drink a bush light CAUSE THIS BUSCH IS FOR YOU! I SAY IMPEACH FORD! IMPEACH FORD! IMPEACH FORD! IMPEACH FORD! IMPEACH FORD! IMPEACH FORD! IMPEACH FORD!
                        Fuck off, cunt.

I don't care how wrong FORD might be with his political views, that is "might be", this thread is dedicated to the KING BEER.

You sound like a moron anyway.
                        Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• scamper
                          Commando
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by larbo

Take it elsewhere, your in the wrong thread.

Comment

• scamper
                            Commando
                            • May 2005

sorry "you're", I always fuck that up.

Comment

• scamper
                              Commando
                              • May 2005

I've seen Stella & Hoegarden in a couple of stores. Thing is though, if these are "big label" beers overseas, chance is they'll be distributed by a big label (Bud/miller/coors) over here, which means it will be a watered down version. Even Guinness, good as it is, is a pale imitation of what they actually make in Dublin. I can get Belgian ales made locally, or in Colorado that are averaging 8 to 10% alcohol content, so I'm a little suspicious of an allegedly authentic Belgian brew at only 5.2%.

5.2% does sound like Belgian lite, have you tried Guinness from Belgian?

Comment

• scamper
                                Commando
                                • May 2005

oops

Comment

Working...