X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

WARSTEINER Premium Dunkel

WARSTEINER Premium Dunkel "German for Dark" offers beer lovers incomparable taste satisfaction with its subtle spiciness, delicate aroma, and balance. What makes premium Dunkel distinctive among dark beers, is its thirst quenching, refreshingly drinkable flavor.

WARSTEINER Premium Dunkel is a traditional German dark brown lager. In Germany, they would refer to this style of beer as, "Dunkel". WARSTEINER Premium Dunkel is described as being neither sweet nor roastily dry, with a slight spicy maltiness and a clean round finish. It has a reddish-black color which is almost opaque.

* Traditional German dark lager
    * Brewed According to German Purity Law of 1516
    * Warm and appealing in appearance and style
    * 4.9% Alcohol by volume
    * No Chemicals, Additives Or Preservatives

Available Packages

* 12 oz. bottles, 4/6 pack, 2/12 pack
    * 30 Liter Kegs
    * 50 Liter Kegs

FORD's review: Well, after hearing many recommendations of this German beer, I finally managed to find a 6 pack. It's a very good tasting beer as far as a dark lager goes, but that's hardly surprising, considering Germans invented the shit. Highly recommended for serving at a BBQ or some other occasion where you'll only be drinking one or two. Unfortunately, I didn't realize the alcohol content was so low when I bought it tonight, so it didn't do the job I needed it to after a shitty fucking week.

Oh well, maybe when some sanity is restored to the world, I might actually make it to Germany to try the real thing.

FORD's rating : 1/2
    Last edited by FORD; 06-12-2005, 03:54 AM.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• kentuckyklira
      Veteran
      • Sep 2004

My favorite beer!

http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• kentuckyklira
        Veteran
        • Sep 2004

Another one of my all-time favorites!

http://images.zeit.de/gesellschaft/z...ie-540x304.jpg

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

For tonight's entry, we go back to a recommendation made by Crowbar in the early days of this thread. It took me a while to track this down, but it was worth it......

Bigfoot Ale is an award-winning example of the traditional barleywine ale style. It boasts a dense, fruity bouquet; an extremely rich, intense palate; and a deep, reddish-brown color. This ale is superbly balanced between an almost overpowering maltiness and a wonderfully bittersweet hoppiness.

“…Bigfoot captures the imagination, and its character is as big as the name implies, with a huge hoppiness in its earthy aroma, a chewy palate, and a great depth of flavor.”

– Michael Jackson,
          Michael Jackson’s Beer Companion

GOLD MEDAL WINNER
          California State Fair (Strong Ale/Barleywine: 2000, 1997)
          Great Alaska Beer & Barleywine Festival
          (Barleywine Style Ale: 1998)
          Great American Beer Festival (Barleywine: 1995, 1992,
          1988; Ales: 1987)

FORD's comments - Well worth the wait! About the time most beers get to the 9 or 10% alcohol range, the sweetness factor can produce a heaviness that even expert beer drinkers like myself have to adjust to. Sierra Nevada has really done their homework with this one. Has the kick of a barleywine, but it goes down like an ale. I'd easily recommend this over any of the Belgian trippels and it rivals most Imperial Stouts. Overall, one Hell of a fucking masterpiece of a beer!

FORD's rating:

Thanks again to Crowbar for letting me know about this one!
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• UGS
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2005

Hey FORD, have you tried Alexander Keith's IPA yet?
            Keep on Rothing in the Free World

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by UGS
              Hey FORD, have you tried Alexander Keith's IPA yet?
              Haven't seen it yet. Tragically, even the little Chevron station with the excellent selection of imports doesn't seem to carry any Canadian brews. And even up in BC I don't recall seeing Alexander Keith's. Maybe you can't get it outside of Nova Scotia?
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• UGS
                Head Fluffer
                • Jan 2005

Hmmm, that's interesting about BC, because you can definitely get it in Ontario. Either way, whenever you do come across it, be sure to try it out :bottle:

Comment

• UGS
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2005

Just checked it out, you should be okay. BC Liquor Stores do carry it, albeit quite a bit more $$$ than here in NS.

Comment

• Rebel
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Feb 2004

I'n my defunct beer thread I started with the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I love it, it's bitter and has a bit of a sweet aftertaste. The Bigfoot Ale is very good as well (as noted above).
                    The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• classicdude
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Apr 2004

Got some Blue Moon Belgian White in the fridge right now. Someone suggested putting a slice of orange in the frosted mug while partaking. An interesting flavor combination!

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Rebel
                        I'n my defunct beer thread I started with the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I love it, it's bitter and has a bit of a sweet aftertaste. The Bigfoot Ale is very good as well (as noted above).
                        Gotta find that Bigfoot Ale!

The Sierra Nevada Pale was my main ale until I came across this local fav....

Columbus Pale Ale

Original Gravity:
                        Final Gravity:
                        % alcohol by volume
                        4.99%

-- A spectacular celebration of malt and hops! Brewed with specially kilned Crystal malt and a generous portion of American Cascade hops for a refreshing, spicy aroma and a long dry finish. It's big, bold and bittersweet. Available on draft and in bottles.

This brew won 2nd place in the American Pale Ale Category at the 1997 Spirit of Free Beer Homebrew Competition. It was judged to be very good, but too hoppy for style (53 IBUs, when it should be 20-40).

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Thanks for the sticky! Keep the beers comin'
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• flappo
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

hhaah

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

i'm brewing this...

i'll critiqe it in november.

Comment

• franksters
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2004

Since 1992
                                Type White Ale, refermented in the bottle
                                Alcohol 5 % alc./vol.
                                Color White
                                Taste Wheat, with subtle spices, and citrus
                                Aroma Lightly fruity and a hint of citrus
                                Shelf Life 2 years
                                Serving Suggestions Poultry, fish and shellfish, salads and fresh cut vegetables

In the spring of 1992, Unibroue marketed its first beer on lees, the Blanche de Chambly. It contains 5 percent alcohol and is produced from an interesting blend of unmalted Quebec wheat and pale barley malt, to which spices and natural aromatics are added, along with a light hopping.

The Blanche is only partially filtered so that it retains the full benefits of its natural ingredients. This gives it the cloudy appearance that was characteristic of pale beers in the Middle Ages. While it is naturally of a champagne color, it appears white because of the fresh yeast in suspension.

this beer is one of the best around!!! I know it's available in certain beer store in ontario and possibly in some other provinces too.

TRY IT!
                                SUMMER'S JUST
                                AROUND
                                THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                                http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

Working...