This week, it's back to Boonville CA, courtesy of our friends at the Anderson Valley Brewing Company.....

Hop Ottin’ IPA is as hoppy as they come. The name means "hard working hops", in Boontling , and that tells it all. Generous additions of high-alpha Pacific Northwest hops added during a vigorous boil, plus traditional dry hopping, with whole hop cones, give this ale a delicious citrus aroma, and an intense hoppy bite. This IPA is a hop lover’s dream.

Hop Ottin' IPA most recently received a Silver Medal from the 2001 World Beer Championships , in the India Pale Ale category, and has several other medals as well. Click the blue ribbon to see the entire list.

As with all of our products, Hop Ottin’ IPA is never sterile filtered nor heat pasteurized, and should be stored in refrigeration. However, to fully enjoy its rich and complex flavor, it should be served between 40° and 45°F

7.0 % Alcohol by Volume

"Hop Ottin' bites like a can-kicky bluetail."

FORD's comments: Very competititve with last week's selection from Eel River (also a a Northern California brand - makes me wish I had extended my recent road trip)

I'll give this one the edge just because of the original name and the great design on the label graphics, obviously aimed at the Deadheads in the audience.

If the BCE steals the election, Northern Cal is definitely seceding as part of Cascadia! They got too many decent beers down there to leave to Herr Gropenator

FORD rating: