X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    Sounds like this one's a limited run, so I probably won't see it out on this coast

I'm hoping Sam Adams sends the Old Fezziwig or Cranberry Lambic out this way though. The Cranberry would be perfect for Turkey Day.

Been cutting back on the beer anyway though, so it's probably just as well.....
    We get the Cranberry Lambic in the special "Holiday Packs" on the east coast...

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, they got the holiday packs at Costco here. I might break down and buy one if I can't find a full 6 pack of the real thing. I just hate paying for a multi-pack that has fucking "lite beer" in it.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Yeah, they got the holiday packs at Costco here. I might break down and buy one if I can't find a full 6 pack of the real thing. I just hate paying for a multi-pack that has fucking "lite beer" in it.
        Nope, no more lite beer this year. I think it's been replaced with the "Black Lager." At least here it has...

Comment

• Ally_Kat
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Oh man. See, this October I had one huge German beer drinking party. Filled up on the ol' Spaten and some Beck's Oktoberfest. And, of course, some wursts and pork. And, of course, after doing so, I decided that no matter what time of the yr, I was having an Oktoberfest reception. I mean, hell, it started as a wedding reception to being with.

I'm such a dork, I know.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            Nope, no more lite beer this year. I think it's been replaced with the "Black Lager." At least here it has...
            I could have sworn it was the same mix as last year. Oh well... I'll probably hit Costco later in the week, so I'll check it out.

What's the "Black Lager"??

Drank some of the "Winter Lager" last night. Not bad, as lager goes, but I couldn't make out exactly what "spices" were in it.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I could have sworn it was the same mix as last year. Oh well... I'll probably hit Costco later in the week, so I'll check it out.

What's the "Black Lager"??

Drank some of the "Winter Lager" last night. Not bad, as lager goes, but I couldn't make out exactly what "spices" were in it.
              When one sees a beer with a darker complexion these days, more often than not it’s a Porter or Stout. However looks can be deceiving. There exists a style older than both and generally less well known; the Schwarzbier, which literally translated is “Black Beer.” Unlike its dark cousins which both hail from Britain and are highly hopped ales, Schwarzbier comes from Germany, is lightly hopped and is fermented using a bottom fermenting lager yeast. Samuel Adams® Black Lager is brewed in the tradition of the latter. A medium bodied beer brewed using several different roasts of malt to give the end product a smooth body and a depth of malt character that has to be tasted to be believed.
              Carafa® is a registered trademark of Weyermann Malt, Bamburg, Germany.
              It's not bad, a very hearty "Gunniess" style beer...

Comment

• Rebel
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Feb 2004

Bought a six pack of Sam Adams Winter Lager today, pretty damn good.
                The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
                  http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

How the FUCK did you find this? I even read The Stranger on occasion, and I've never heard of that crazy shit before. If I can find that beer, I'll send you some
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Our Summerfest is a refreshing, pilsner-style lager. Its incredible smoothness comes from an extra-long lagering period. Lighter in body than our ales but just as complex in character, Summerfest quenches your thirst with big aroma and a tangy hop bite.

GOLD MEDAL WINNER
                      California State Fair (European Light Lagers: 1999)

Freedom’s in the wild places, and so are the best beers you’ve ever had. After skiing the slopes, reaching the summit, setting up camp—crack one open to celebrate.

Nickdfresh gives this: /5
                      Last edited by Nickdfresh; 07-21-2006, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Kickin up the original alcohol appreciation thread...
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

With 7 pages on beer... I guess starting a "Wine Thread" wouldn't be too popular here... :confused:
                          http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
                          Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                          Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                          [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
                          http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
                          Originally posted by VanHalener
                          ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
                          ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Kickin up the original alcohol appreciation thread...
                            Is your idea to separate beer and politics?
                            Because those 2 seem to co-exist very well over "there"... :p
                            Last edited by blonddgirl777; 08-23-2006, 08:49 AM.
                            ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                            ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
                              Is your idea to separate beer and politics?
                              Because those 2 seem to co-exist very well over "there"... :p
                              Hell, I always get into political discussions when I'm drunk. Probably half the political discussions on this board are no exception, though I don't drink so much anymore.

This thread exists strictly to promote quality beer. Nothing else.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

...This thread exists strictly to promote quality beer. Nothing else.
                                Then I guess y'all will stay away from Molson and Labatt?

Is the "Black Label" still around?

I remember in the 80', they made such a huge campain that cool punk rockers had to drink it and eaven if apparently it tasted like piss, everyone DID. drink it.
                                I (who hates beer) eaven orederd it just to hold it in my hands and "look" cool...

What publicity can do to a "fashion victim" teenager!

Now the guys have to drink a fine Scotch or a designer beer to be hip...
                                Girls go with Martinis and Cosmos...

Comment

Working...