X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Back to our Trader Joe's vintage ale though......

Cracked that one open tonight as I was tracking Satan Claus' journey on NORAD.

Turns out that it's made by UNIBROUE out of Canada. Been a while since I tried their products, but it probably compares to the Trois Pistoles best.

UNIBROUE - OUR BEERS PAGE

However, considering the big bottles of this are going for 7 bucks or so on this side of the border, the Trader Joe's version is a great deal

FORD's rating :

Merry Beermas to all, and to all a drunk night!
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And for your New Years Eve selection from the FORD Country beer taps......

Also from Trader Joes: Winterfest Lager.

as previously mentioned, some of the Trader Joes beer brands are actually available under another name elsewhere. In this case, it appears to be Gordon Biersch's Winter Bock.

No problem... any west coast winter beer is worthy of FORD Country review.....

In the 11th century, Bavarian monks sustained themselves during winter fasts with beers made from strong, dark flavored malts. These creamy bocks ensured that the monks would fast frequently. Alcohol 7.5% v/v, Bitterness 24 IBU, Residual sugar 4.7%.

Available in 6 packs and kegs. This is a seasonal product available only during the months of October through February.
      Though 7.5% is strong for a lager, this is a very "drinkable" beer that even a Bud/Miller/Coors drinker could probably handle. Though they would probably be out on their ass after two of them.

Don't see the GB label that often around here, but I'll definitely pick up the Trader Joe's version as long as it's in season.

FORD's rating:

Happy New Beer to all!!
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Came across this tonight when I was picking up some munchies for the State of the Union speech.....

SLIPKNOT IMPERIAL IPA
        Available January to Mid March
        As the name implies, every aspect of this American
        style IPA is amplified - from the up-front hop aroma and
        bitterness to the big malt body.
        Available in 22oz Bottles and Draught
        ABV: 8.2% IBUs: 80

Very nice hoppy IPA. Too bad they aren't selling it in 6 packs.

FORD's rating:
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2007

as i sit here drinkin' swill
          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Dear Lord Almighty Jesus, I can't believe it's been almost 8 months since my last Beer confession. But after a day filled with minor victories over corporate satanism, fond rememberances of high school frustrated romances and reconnecting with long lost friends (and a good deal of GAyR bashing) it was goddamned time to celebrate with a beer worthy of mention......

Thank God for our friends at Sierra Nevada breweries and their Torpedo Extra IPA.....

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Ale is a big American IPA; bold, assertive and full of flavor and aromas highlighting the complex citrus, pine and herbal character of whole-cone American hops.

alcohol content 7.2% by volume yeast Ale Yeast
            beginning gravity 17.3 Plato bittering hops Magnum
            ending gravity 4.2 Plato
            finishing hops Magnum & Crystal
            bitterness units 65 dry hopping Magnum, Crystal & Citra
            malts Two-row Pale, & Crystal

FORD's rating:
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Weird you bumped this thread today. I had a dream last night where I was enjoying a glass of some amber colored brew. No name on it, so not sure what I was craving. But was a rich golden amber color and very smooth and tasty. I never dream about beer either. Gotta hit the store tomorrow & see what I find.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

We return to the Beercyclopedia with this special edition from our friends at the Deschutes Brewery of Bend Oregon.......

Black Butte XXI
                A Tribute to Black Butte Porter

This masterpiece is a tribute to Black Butte Porter, the revolutionary Deschutes Brewery beer that has excited beer enthusiasts since 1988. This special Reserve Series release is a colossal version of Black Butte Porter. Our brewers enhanced Black Butte XXI by adding some Theo’s Chocolate cocoa nibs from Seattle, dry-hopping it with 100 pounds of Bellatazza’s locally roasted coffee, and then aging a portion of it in Stranahan’s Colorado whiskey barrels. These regional partners provided quality artisan ingredients that give this commemorative beer a truly handcrafted complexity.

Released as Black Butte XX in 2008 to celebrate our 20th Anniversary.

Releases:
                June 2008
                June 2009

Alc. by Vol.
                11%
                IBUs

If you are a fan of regular Black Butte Porter, this is a whole different animal entirely. I actually prefer Deschutes' Obsidian Stout to the regular Black Butte, but this shit is just something else entirely. It's like porter, stout, coffee, and chocolate all in one bottle. And at 11% alcohol, one bottle (22 oz) delivers a decent buzz. If this came in a six pack, it would be more than enough to put you away for the night.

Tragic that a beer this good isn't available all the time, but it is winter beer season, so it's not like there aren't many other great options out there.

FORD's rating:

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Just a side note.... Trader Joe's holiday ale is available now (had some at the FORD family Thanksgiving festivities) and it's just as good as it was last year, so grab some of that too. It will probably be easier to find than the Black Butte XI (assuming there's a Trader Joes within reasonable driving distance)
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Our Christmas 2010 selection comes from the frozen Arctic tundra of the Alaskan Brewing Company..........

Originating in England in the 19th century, barley wine is a style of strong ale so named because many versions have a high alcohol content comparable to wines of the same era. American barley wines feature big malt character and high residual sweetness, counterbalanced by the generous addition of hops.

Alaskan Barley Wine is a full bodied ale, deep mahogany in color and brewed with an array of complementing malts to achieve its high original gravity. Multiple hop additions in the boil and dry hopping during fermentation provide contrast to the big malt character resulting in the smooth balance that distinguishes this specialty brew. Like many fine wines, Alaskan Barley Wine may be aged in the bottle and gains deeper malt complexity and smoothness over time.

Alaskan Barley Wine has been produced in limited edition vintages each year since its introduction in 2003. A big beer for big winters, this brew has garnered a steady following in Alaska. Bottled for the first time in 2007, the balanced flavor collaboration between hops, malt and high alcohol showcases the barley wine style, winning first place at the 2007 Toronado Barley Wine Festival and bronze at the 2008 World Beer Cup.

Alaskan Barley Wine Ale is made from glacier-fed water, a generous blend of the finest Pacific Northwest hop varieties and premium two-row and specialty malts. Our water originates in the 1,500 square-mile Juneau Ice Field and from more than 90 inches of rainfall each year.

Alaskan Barley Wine is best if served at warmer temperatures, approximately 45 to 50 degrees. While impressive on its own, the richly complex flavor is enhanced when paired with desserts, strong cheeses and hearty, flavorful stews.

From the Alaska Natives who first trained dog teams for winter transportation to the Russian and American settlers of the 19th century to today's Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race®, the history of Alaska is tethered alongside the history of dog mushing. Dog teams were the primary source of winter transportation in Alaska before the advent of the airplane and are widely used even today for sport racing as well as travel in remote areas of the state.

Leave a pint of this out for Santa, instead of the milk with the cookies. He'll appreciate it.

FORD's rating:

Merry Beermas to all, and to all a good pint. (or several, actually)
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

ooooh, i'm happy

leinie's northwoods is comin' back as a "limited" beer.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by PETE'S BROTHER; 01-25-2011, 07:16 PM.
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Satan
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

I'm thinking their 1888 Bock looks more interesting. Must be weak beer laws in Wisconsin though. Doesn't look like any of their beers are over 5%
                        Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                        I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

i gotta figure out how much a semi load will cost....

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

Technically a Barleywine of course...but gees.....this thing tastes great and makes a linebacker fucked up as a cheerleader on Winecoolers.

Freedom’s in the wild places, and so are the best beers you’ve ever had. After skiing the slopes, reaching the summit, setting up camp—crack one open to celebrate.
                            Last edited by SunisinuS; 01-25-2011, 07:37 PM. Reason: Sorry if already posted...just see double.
                            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

I like their Torpedo brew.........http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/torpedo.html

ALCOHOL CONTENT 7.2% BY VOLUME
                              BEGINNING GRAVITY 17.3 PLATO
                              ENDING GRAVITY 4.2 PLATO
                              BITTERNESS UNITS 65
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• lesfunk
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I instructed FORD years ago to recognize KWAK. To this day no recognition has been forthcoming
                                http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

Working...