• franksters
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

heres another one...

Since 1994
    Type Triple fermentation Golden Ale, refermented in the bottle
    Alcohol 9 % alc./vol.
    Color Blond with a golden hue
    Taste Smooth, slightly tart with the balanced flavors of wild spices, malt and hops
    Aroma Wild spices
    Shelf Life 8 years or more
    Serving Suggestions Gourmet dishes, fine cheeses and desserts

In February 1994, after 18 months of research, Unibroue launched La Fin du Monde (the end of the world). It is a 9 percent alcohol, triple fermentation beer. This type of beer was originally developed by the monks of the Middle Ages to be served on special occasions. La Fin du Monde is a deluxe beer made by triple fermentation and a unique way of straining the yeast. This method produces an unexpectedly subtle flavour. With its champagne-like effervescence, it has a vigourous presence in the mouth, which accentuates its strong personality. Slightly tart, with the balanced flavours of wild spices, malt and hops, it belongs to the class of great Trappist beers and, in this regard, is a North American first. At meals, it can replace white or red wines and enhances the flavour of most dishes.

This beer is brewed to honour of the great explorers, who believed they had reached the end of the world when they discovered America.
    SUMMER'S JUST
    AROUND
    THE CORNER!

[IMG]
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• franksters
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

How to Taste Beer

There is more to certain beers than simple refreshment. Unibroue brews craftsmen beers for savouring.

Drink less, drink better !

Just as in wine, one tastes beer to appreciate its qualities. One observes the color, the head, the aroma and the bouquet, the multiple aspects of its flavour, the aftertaste and so on.

The beer must be at its ideal temperature, according to its particularities, served in a glass corresponding to its style (no drinking from the bottle !), in respect to its density and its carbonation. The appreciation of beer also has its rituals, unfortunately all so often unknown.

Start by assuring that the recommended glass for the style of beer that you are about to savour is clean without compromise. If not, the dirt will be a nuisance to the persistency of the foam and will alter inevitably the flavour of the beer. Be sure the beer is not too cold, but at ideal serving temperature to appreciate it at its just value.
      SUMMER'S JUST
      AROUND
      THE CORNER!

[IMG]

Comment

• franksters
        Veteran
        • Mar 2004

you will love it!!!
        SUMMER'S JUST
        AROUND
        THE CORNER!

[IMG]

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Anyone like Magic Hat? Brewed in Vermont.

I'm going to be drinking some Fat Angels tonight.

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
            Anyone like Magic Hat? Brewed in Vermont.

I'm going to be drinking some Fat Angels tonight.

Never seen Magic Hat in this part of the country, but as impressive as their website is, I'd guess that theyput as much effort into their beer. If I see any of their stuff, I'll give it a shot. :beer:
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Tonight's entry is brought to you by the Lagunitas Brewing Co. of Petaluma CA.

Though Lagunitas has info about many of their beers listed on their website, this seasonal release isn't listed, for whatever reason, so we'll have to skip the official company bio this time and stick with what this reviewer can tell you.

Sirius is a golden ale, typical of spring and summer seasonal releases, but that's where the comparison ends, as the others are generally lightweight entries that taste better than Bud/Coors/Miller but are about as effective for party time.

Sirius, like all micros is purity in a bottle. The ingredients read "malt, hops, yeast, and water. Right below that is a great motto: "Life is Uncertain. Don't Sip"

With 7.6% alcohol though, you don't want to pound them too fast. Unless you know someone else is driving.

Great for a golden ale, but not enough to make me switch from the usual IPA's and Stouts.

FORD's rating :
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

hmmmm...

sounds sirius....

(sorry... )
                “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                  Never seen Magic Hat in this part of the country, but as impressive as their website is, I'd guess that theyput as much effort into their beer. If I see any of their stuff, I'll give it a shot. :beer:
                  yes....they do have a very cool site

and I've had a few of their beers, Fat Angel is my favorite, I also like Blind Faith

Comment

• MAX
                    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Gotta couple for you.

Cool Utah jokes as well and this is real beeya too.

First off is Wasatch. I believe they are our oldest and first microbrewery in Utah? I remember drinkin' it as far back as highschool, so that would put it at about twenty yeeyas old.

Anyway, they have "Polygamy Porter" which is a good jab at the Mormon's. lol.

Wasatch ain't bad but I've never drank much of it cos it has always tasted too "microbrewed" IMO. Even in bottles. However, they are our oldest so all due respect.

Secondly is Squatters. They do have some damn tasty beeyas. Well, as a take off on "St. Pauli Girl" they launched "St. Provo Girl" a few years back. Seriously, it IS a great beeya. The joke with "Provo" is that Provo is an actual city here. Tis' Utah's second largest city. It's the home of Brigham Young University (BYU) and ALL sports fans are extremely aware of that institution.

The campaign for St. Provo Girl was soooo hilarious in this state cos they made so many sexual innuendos on billboards, newspapers, magazines and what have you. lol.

Here's the "infamous" "Nice Cans" ad when they started canning the beeya.

I met and partied with the St. Provo chick during the Olympics in 2002. Dumber than a sack of rocks but she did have "nice cans" to look at nonetheless. lol.
                    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Damn, she ain't wearing the Holy Undergarments, is she?

I looked for some of that Polygamy Porter when I was driving through Utah a few years ago, and somehow I never found any

Can't beat their slogan though... "The beer to have when you have more than one"
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Rebel
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Feb 2004

lol.....Polygamy Porter. I've gotta find that

I've got SN Pale and some Heiny in the fridge, but that Sirius review from last week has got me wanting to try it. Haven't seen it anywhere though.
                        The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                          Veteran
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                          For tonight's entry, we go back to a recommendation made by Crowbar in the early days of this thread. It took me a while to track this down, but it was worth it......

FORD's rating:

Thanks again to Crowbar for letting me know about this one!
                          CROWBAR and FORD,

Picked up a six of this tonight, thanks for the recommendation!

5 gulp rating fo' sho' !!!!!

Comment

• Rebel
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Feb 2004

That one is tasty no doubt. Picked up a six of SN yesterday, couldn't find the Polygamy Porter
                            The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• Big Fat Sammy
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2005

I found the Bigfoot at this place called Viking something or other.

They have 450 types of beer for sale!!!!

Also picked up some Atlantic Bar Harbor Blueberry Ale...

...but I would only recommend it for those who REALLY REALLY REALLY like blueberries....It's cool to try though...kind of a novelty.

But if you ever drank enough of this to get drunk....God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I think I'd be begging for God to have mercy on something else entirely.

Blueberries affect me like Ex-lax, so that doesn't sound like one for a party beer.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...