ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,284 Times in 4,713 Posts

Cool Return of the FORD Beercyclopedia thread

Some of you may recall my ode to Winter Beers that I started over at Von's board last year before the return of the Army.

Well, in order to give Hil's forum something different from all the Katydid/Fab threads, here's a truly worthwile subject matter, BEER.

And just good stuff, of course. You will never get a bad beer recommendation from FORD, of this you may be certain.

Our first selection comes to us from the Anderson Valley Brewing Company of Boonville CA. Somehow I entirely missed Boonville during my recent travels down the coast, but their beer was everywhere, and now that I have found a local distributor, I'll be bringing you a few of their selections, as well as other quality beers from across the globe.....

BARNEY FLATS OATMEAL STOUT
    "A stout that fondles the mind and caresses the soul."
    Charlie Papazian; President, Association of Brewers

"I love watching people's reaction when I give them one for a try. Their faces just light up with pleasure."
    Lars Gilstrom - Woodland, CA

With its deep, dark brown-black color, thick, full-bodied, velvety-smooth mouth feel, mocha character, and, strong yet subtle hop bite, Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout is one of the thickest, richest, and most complex stouts on the market today. In 1990, it became our first gold medal winner, at the Great American Beer Festival. Barney Flats was judged so superior to the other stouts that no other medals were even awarded in its catagory. Try it and see why Stewart Kallen described it as, "Slippery, creamy, dark, and sweet as a Pacific May morning," in his book, The 50 Greatest Beers in the World

Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout Most recently won the Silver Medal at the 2004 World Beer Cup®, as well as several other medals . Click the blue ribbon to see the entire list.

As with all of our products, Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout is never sterile filtered nor heat pasteurized, and should be stored in refrigeration. However, to fully enjoy its rich and complex flavor, it should be served between 40° and 45°F

5.7 % Alcohol by Volume

"It's not just shy sluggin gorms neemer."

FORD's review:

link
    Last edited by FORD; 09-12-2004 at 03:04 AM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Thread Information