Elvis......WTF????

Comment

• Jesus Christ
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Messiah Bold:

It's the Beer You've Been Waiting For!

**NEW RECIPE AND A NEW STYLE!**
      A deep, bold nut brown ale beautifully balanced with rich dark malts and a complex hop character converging to reveal a simply enchanting elixir.

Malts: 2-row, Carapils, Dark Crystal/ Caramel 80L, Dark Chocolate, Victory

Hops: Warrior, Cascade, Mt. Hood

"HE'BREW could bring a whole new meaning to the term High Holidays...genuinely delicious brew!" - Jerusalem Report

link

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

That's the best post ever made by Jesus...

Comment

• Jesus Christ
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Even I like to turn the water into beer now and then

Comment

• Flash Bastard

Originally posted by FORD
            And if you ever actually drive by the Coors brewery, it smells like somebody died in there.
            No kidding, just one whiff of that place will keep you from drinking Rocky Mountain Pisswater for life.

I could tell you a story about their grain and hop storage, but it's the dinner hour... nuff said.

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This weekend's sponsor: The Eel River Brewing Company of Fortuna CA.......

ERB Co's Certified Organic India Pale Ale

Newest in our line of fine organics ~ With the hop lover in mind ~ Brewed with the finest organic malts and hops, our IPA features a bright-minted copper color and a crisp, yet smooth hop bitterness. Pale and crystal malts come through with a malty caramel sweetness, balanced with aggressively clean burst of fresh hop flavor in the middle palate without lingering bitter astringency. A strong floral and citrus character from generous dryhopping blends with strawberry esters from our house yeast strain for an inviting and satiating aroma.

Alcohol by volume: 7%

FORD's comments: IPA's have been my second choice behind stouts in recent years, and this is a damn good one. Being a NorCal brand, it's not always easy to find around here, but now after trying it, I would say it's well worth the search. I'll take it over Pyramid (my Usual IPA) easily.

Plus, the beer is organic so that's always a plus with a confirmed leftist hippie like myself

Who can argue with a beer that only has 4 ingredients on the label? Try doing that with ButtWeiper or Curs...

FORD's rating
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ODShowtime
                ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                Most stateside "cider" is just a flavored malt beverage (a.k.a. a wine cooler) and the same with all the drinks named after liquor comapnies, but not actually containing the booze. Up in Canada, a Jack Daniels Lynchburg Lemonade actually has Jack Daniels in it, and Mike's Hard Lemonade is actually "hard" (mixed with vodka).
                Wow, I never knew that, but it makes sense...
                gnaw on it

Comment

• diamondD
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2004

I only like 23 beers out of over 200 different beers I have to drink to get on the wall of fame at the beer emporium I frequent. I can hardly stand to drink domestic beers nowadays as a result. I like New Belgium's Sunshine Wheat or Fat Tire for my beer of choice these days.
                  Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Bonzo

Anyone ever tried Mississippi Mud out of Utica, New York? It's a nice, hearty black n' tan. I believe it to be smoother than Sierra Nevada. I give it 4 beers and a shot of jack.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Bonzo
                      Anyone ever tried Mississippi Mud out of Utica, New York? It's a nice, hearty black n' tan. I believe it to be smoother than Sierra Nevada. I give it 4 beers and a shot of jack.
                      I actually did try one of those a few years back. It wasn't too bad, but I'd rather get the Guinness & Harp and mix my own if I'm looking for a black & tan. Haven't seen that stuff around here in a few years. I guess the jug bottles weren't big sellers?
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

This week, it's back to Boonville CA, courtesy of our friends at the Anderson Valley Brewing Company.....

Hop Ottin’ IPA is as hoppy as they come. The name means "hard working hops", in Boontling , and that tells it all. Generous additions of high-alpha Pacific Northwest hops added during a vigorous boil, plus traditional dry hopping, with whole hop cones, give this ale a delicious citrus aroma, and an intense hoppy bite. This IPA is a hop lover’s dream.

Hop Ottin' IPA most recently received a Silver Medal from the 2001 World Beer Championships , in the India Pale Ale category, and has several other medals as well. Click the blue ribbon to see the entire list.

As with all of our products, Hop Ottin’ IPA is never sterile filtered nor heat pasteurized, and should be stored in refrigeration. However, to fully enjoy its rich and complex flavor, it should be served between 40° and 45°F

7.0 % Alcohol by Volume

"Hop Ottin' bites like a can-kicky bluetail."

FORD's comments: Very competititve with last week's selection from Eel River (also a a Northern California brand - makes me wish I had extended my recent road trip)

I'll give this one the edge just because of the original name and the great design on the label graphics, obviously aimed at the Deadheads in the audience.

If the BCE steals the election, Northern Cal is definitely seceding as part of Cascadia! They got too many decent beers down there to leave to Herr Gropenator

FORD rating:
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Looks like winter beer season is on it's way..... full reports to follow
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• diamondD
                            Veteran
                            • Jan 2004

Hey Dave, as far as that Hoegarden goes, it's pretty pale and light and probably not for someone who likes as much flavor as you seem to do.

I tried Warsteiner Oktoberfest tonight. It was fairly tasty. I'd think you would like it. Also drank a Taj Mahal from India and Peroni from Italy. The Taj Mahal was kind of bitter and I wouldn't recommend it at all. Peroni was fairly smooth, but after the other 2, it's hard to say.
                            Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondD
                              Hey Dave, as far as that Hoegarden goes, it's pretty pale and light and probably not for someone who likes as much flavor as you seem to do.

I tried Warsteiner Oktoberfest tonight. It was fairly tasty. I'd think you would like it. Also drank a Taj Mahal from India and Peroni from Italy. The Taj Mahal was kind of bitter and I wouldn't recommend it at all. Peroni was fairly smooth, but after the other 2, it's hard to say.
                              You can find those in Little Rock??

I'll look for them. Believe it or not, some of the best beer selections around here are at a Chevron mini mart of all places. Best thing an oil company related business ever did
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And now, for this weekend's selection.... our first Winter Beer entry in the new thread....

Winterhook winter ale is the seasonal companion to Redhook's Sunrye and Nut Brown ales. It is offered annually during the fall and winter months.

Winterhook's popularity has been a result of its drinkable style, and clean, dry, roasty palate which is meant to accompany hearty feasts and fine friends. This delicious beer gets its distinctive flavor from the brewmaster's combination of two different malts: Carmel 50/60 from England and a Munich malt. The hop varieties of Northern Brewer and Cascade offer an aromatic complement to the toasty barley flavors. The color is a pleasing deep ruby.

Winterhook ale is excellent with holiday dinners, especially turkey and trimmings.

Grain Variety:
                                Caramel 50/60 from England and Munich

Hop Variety:
                                Northern Brewer and Cascade

Color:
                                Deep ruby (28.9 SRM)

Bitterness Units:
                                29.2 IBU

Alcohol % Weight:

Alcohol % Volume:

Original Gravity:

Calories / 12 oz.:

Carbohydrates / 12 oz.:
                                Unspecified

Package Format:
                                Bottle and keg

Brewed Since:
                                1985, seasonal

FORD's rating:
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...