• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by FORD
    Looks like winter beer season is on it's way..... full reports to follow
    I like the Samuel Adams Holiday Mix Pack. Mainly for the Cranberry Lambric. Unfortunately, there are only two of these beauties in each 12-pack. But that might be a good thing since they are so good that I would drink them morning, noon, and night if they came in 12-packs of their own.

Comment

• FORD
      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

What sucks is that you can't get the Cranberry Lambic on it's own. At least not on this end of the country anymore. I did try a 6 pack of that about 4 or 5 years ago. Sam Adams winter lager's not bad either, but I'm not buying a mix pack that's got light beer in it - unless I'm taking it to a party where someone else would drink the crap.
      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And why isn't the Old Fezziwig Ale included in their Multi pack?? That looks interesting.

The www.samueladams.com website's got a pretty cool layout.

And I'm really interested in trying some of this "Utopia" beer they're talking about over there. A 25% alcohol beer that cant even be legally sold in about half the country
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• lms2

I asked a liquor store here to order Sam Smiths Oatmeal Stout on the recommendation of Diamonds Girl. The lady ordered some Goose Island Oatmeal Stout instead. I didn't care for it, but I am looking forward to trying the Sam Adams Winter Pack now...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by lms2
            I asked a liquor store here to order Sam Smiths Oatmeal Stout on the recommendation of Diamonds Girl. The lady ordered some Goose Island Oatmeal Stout instead. I didn't care for it, but I am looking forward to trying the Sam Adams Winter Pack now...
            How in God's name could anybody confuse Goose Island for Samuel Smith. One's made in Chicago and the other is an English import. There's a store around here that occasionally gets Goose Island stuff. It's not bad, but it definitely doesn't compare to Samuel Smith's.

How is the availability in Kansas? Can you get decent beer there without special ordering it?
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• lms2

I guess if you like the Standards... Michelob, Bud, Coors. Plus, we have a lot of mexican beers... I went looking for some of the beers you have talked about here... LOL... owners looked at me like I was nuts.

I did find a Sunshine Wheat Beer... made in Ft. Collins Colorado that was pretty good. But other than that, just the Sam Adams Winter Pack. I wanted to try his Cherry Wheat Beer-but could only find the winter pack.

As for going into a bar or club and ordering one?

LMAO about that...

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by lms2
                Well, hopefully she will get her shit straight and you will be able to try Samuel Smith out. The only thing I don't like about any Samuel Smith beers is that they come in a 4 pack. WTF?!

Looking forward to trying Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome Ale.
                “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• lms2

A four pack is good for me... then I would only be stuck with two more Goose Islands instead of four!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

And why isn't the Old Fezziwig Ale included in their Multi pack?? That looks interesting.

The www.samueladams.com website's got a pretty cool layout.

And I'm really interested in trying some of this "Utopia" beer they're talking about over there. A 25% alcohol beer that cant even be legally sold in about half the country
                    I don't know about the west coast, but here in Buffalo we are relatively close to Boston, so we get a special "Holiday" mix-pack. It contains 2 of each: Old Fezziwig, regular Lager, Boston Ale, Cranberry Lambic, Winter Lager, and Bock (if memory serves correct). It becomes available around the middle of November and it is full of holiday cheer. Old Fezziwig is quite good, a very hearty ale with essence of cinnamon and other holiday spices.

Good luck with the Utopia. I saw Jim Koch (pronounced Cook) on a History Channel program and he said basically that the "special" brews are sapped up before they even get to the local store. But my brother lives near Boston and maybe I can get him to score some.

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      I don't know about the west coast, but here in Buffalo we are relatively close to Boston, so we get a special "Holiday" mix-pack. It contains 2 of each: Old Fezziwig, regular Lager, Boston Ale, Cranberry Lambic, Winter Lager, and Bock (if memory serves correct). It becomes available around the middle of November and it is full of holiday cheer. Old Fezziwig is quite good, a very hearty ale with essence of cinnamon and other holiday spices.

Good luck with the Utopia. I saw Jim Koch (pronounced Cook) on a History Channel program and he said basically that the "special" brews are sapped up before they even get to the local store. But my brother lives near Boston and maybe I can get him to score some.
                      Buffalo? Send me some wings!!!! Please!!!
                      Suicide!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Dude- send me some "real" Canadian (Molson) beer and it's a deal! I hear Van Hagar is playing Toronto soon.? We need to get a review.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Dude- send me some "real" Canadian (Molson) beer and it's a deal! I hear Van Hagar is playing Toronto soon.? We need to get a review.
                          Seriously, if you want real "suicide" wings, try Mammoser's Pub in Hamburg, NY (about 15 miles-oops-25 Kilometers south of Buffalo).

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Not at all.... FORD appreciates a good cider now and then...Granny Smith Apple Cider is the shit!

I am currently working on making homemade hard cider. I had to look around, since there was a local salmonella outbreak, but I found a place that still sells unpasturized apple cider and I thought I'd stow a gallon away and see how it is in a month or two.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Apr 2004

I am currently working on making homemade hard cider. I had to look around, since there was a local salmonella outbreak, but I found a place that still sells unpasturized apple cider and I thought I'd stow a gallon away and see how it is in a month or two.
                              Is that all there is to it, Nick?
                              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I think so. Do you have cider experience?

Comment

Working...