Dave Grohl Your Take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Grohl Your Take

What do all of you think about mr.Grohl. He is one of my idols because of all he has done. I think he is a talented musician. I mean what cant the guy play, he recorded the first hole foo fighters album by himself. I just think this guy kicks ass, Your Take?:cool

I think the Foo Fighters are great, my favorite current band. The Color and Shape is a fantastic album.

Comment

Yes i agreee, very great band, i thihk i like their first and third album more than the colour and shape, i saw them last year, great show

Comment

I really want to check them out. There was even a rumor of Grohl bringing the Atomic Punks along to open for him a couple of years ago.

Comment

That would be so bad ass, i have been wanting to check out the atomic punks for such a long time. The foos put on a hell of a show man ill tell you that much

Comment

Foo Fighters rock big time.Dave Grohl is amazing musician.
            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

Yes he is, i love the way he plays drums, always goin crazy

Comment

I dig Mr Grohl/Fooeys, they rock. Saw them at the Big Day Out (Aust. Music Festival) a few years back as well, they blew everyone away..

great tunes, huge riffs and great songwriting, and they never overplay...

Everlong - still one of my favourite songs of the modern era.
                Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

I saw them last year of april at the universal amphitheatre and they rocked the fucking place. They left the stage n on the encore the guy who sings that "Yeah Whateva" song came out and played and dave was on drums, n then they continued playin more foo songs

Comment

I like the FOOS a lot. Their new album was very good (COLOUR AND THE SHAPE is still my favorite).

But I have to say that I still highly prefer NIRVANA. I've loved them since '91, and they are still one of my favorite bands. Dave's drumming on the IN UTERO album is stellar and would do Bonham proud. In fact, that album has the best drum sound I've ever heard on any album. I mean it.

One more thing: I do like Alex Van Halen's drumming...but I still think Dave Grohl is a better drummer.
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

I think there is a lot more drumming skills in dave than what most people know. I bet if anyone was to hear him drum off he would blow their mind

Comment

Originally posted by DLRdelight!
                        I think there is a lot more drumming skills in dave than what most people know. I bet if anyone was to hear him drum off he would blow their mind
                        Oh, he's great. It's not just the amazing Bonham-like sound of some of his beats...it's that he also knows when not to overplay.

But some of his beats are incredible. His drum intro on SCENTLESS APPRENTICE on IN UTERO is astounding. Anyone else know that cut?
                        Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                        Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikk
                          One more thing: I do like Alex Van Halen's drumming...but I still think Dave Grohl is a better drummer.
                          Absolutely Rikk, saw Dave with Nirvana and he was fantastic..

Comment

Wish i could have seen nirvana, would have been great. I swear i was born in the wrong era

Comment

Originally posted by DLRdelight!
                              Wish i could have seen nirvana, would have been great. I swear i was born in the wrong era
                              Nirvana were great, I was very fortunate to see them in Australia. First Big Day Out in Sydney in 1992. Also there was The Hard Ons w/ Henry Rollins, Massappeal and Violent Femmes plus a stack of Aussie acts..

Comment

Working...
                              X