Thread: st. louis show info

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

st. louis show info

i know they played st. louis back in july but i was talking to a guy today who saw the show (ist night) and said they were horrible. said sammy couldn't sing and eddie was trashed and could barely play and the crowd tried to get into it but never really did. i have seen many reviews of many other cities and just thought i would pass on the fact that st. louis was consistent with most of the tour, lots of empty seats, sammy sucking and eddie being too drunk to play a good show. i trashed the guy for going but he said he won the tickets so it was a free show but he was still pissed because he had to pay for parking and gas for a 70 mile trip.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not true

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by MUSICMANN
    Not true
    ?

So what then? If metalonmetals friend didn't like the concert and said that it sucked (his opinion) it's WRONG? According to whom, exactly? You? Were you there? If so, then what you have is a different opinion. If not, then you don't know nothing about it and your comments are not required.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not true
    Dude, no offence, but aren't you the guy that said the recent
    Van Hagar version of RWTD was good and EVH is right on the
    money ???

If that wasnt you, I apoligize, we had some idiot saying how
    great that was yet Ed was hitting more bum notes than Ive
    ever heard him play. (Apart from the recent Unchained attempt)

If that was you, then I tend to believe the above review......
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    was you at the show in st. louis?. that was this guys opinion of the st. louis show and the guy thought it sucked. if i was going to make up something about a st. louis show it would have been right after the concert and not 2 months later. today i am going on a road trip and when i go any long road trip i always take my best of david lee roth with me and i will be rocking. i can't wait till roth comes back to st. louis. keep telling yourself that van halen with hagar sounds good and eventually you will convince yourself but you won't convince anybody else on here.

Farm Hand
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not true
    So you're saying the trip was only 60 miles or that parking was free?
    "If anyone came here hoping to hear Sammy Hagar Van Halen, there's the fucking door, man!" Ralph Saenz, Atomic Punks

"Carpe Mammarium"

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    he drove 80 miles to see the show, parking wasn't free, but the sight of seeing sammy and eddie embarrass and make fools of themselves priceless.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    download the dvd of that show and see for yourself. And when i first saw and heard the RWTD clip i really was mostly looking at how Spammy was makimg a ass of himself, not really listening to the song. I tried to go back and find it again but it was removed. So thats when i wanted to get a broader picture of the way the band was playing these days. Now hear me out, i would rather take a ass woopin from a bunch of midgets than have to see Sammy in with this band, on the other hand, i wanted to see if Ed and the boys still could deliver the goods live, so i downloaded the St. Louis show , and i tell you with all due respect to everyone here, ED, AL and mike can still bring it like they used to. Don't get me wrong, everyone is going to have a differant take on this situation, i could line up 10 people in a row after they saw the concert the next day and get 10 differant answers. Now i have only seen VH 3 times ever, 84, 86, and 92, and without a doubt the St. Louis show as far as the band is concerned, Ed, AL and mike played almost as tight as the 84 show. Was it a better show in my opinion than the two times i seen them with Sammy, yes, could it even compare to the 84 show NO. Nothing now even can come close to the origional halen live back then. Can those dudes still play, yes. Just because Hagar is in the band right now, doesn't diminish the way these guys play. Look, just download the fucking show and see for yourself, Don't take the word from someone else. Eveyone hear associates that just because Spammy is in the band these guys can't play anymore. That is fucking stupid. i'm just like everyone else here, i hate the current singer in this band. Are these guys rich assholes, yes they are, they are very rich and spoiled people trhat can do any thing they want to. but the situation about their playing is wrong. Look. i hate fucking Sammy, but it's not like if dave was back he would sprinkle some magic dust and then they would know how to play again. I love Dave, but everyone here needs to crawl out of his ass. I know that Dave named the band and he was the buisness guru of it also, and he came up with te melodies and all, but he was not Vh by himself. I seen VH live, I seen old video boots and i'm here to tell you that i don't hear the differance, from the St. Louis show to say the US festival, on the way these guys are playing. Now, i'm talking about the classic stuff only. Yes Ed has started to use a little to many effects for my taste, and the dudes are not in their 20's anymore but, it sounds the same to me. And no the whole production of the show isn't on the same grand scale as it was, and you have to sit through the Sammy material, but the cats still can deliver the goods live.

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    where is this magical download?

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    dude you need to face fact. the st. louis show is consistent with all the reviews i have seen where there is no chemistry and eddie is not up to par. they are playing champaign, il tomorrow night (2 hours away) and they have stooped to giving away free tickets in the free entertainment magazine that comes out. people were calling in today trashing van hagar onthe big rock station in town and joking about eddie's hip replacement and calling them senior citizens and shit and this one poor sucker was trying to sell his tickets and last i heard he still had not unloaded them so they gave out his personal phone number on the radio if anyone was interested. i will try to get a good review of this show because a girl i work with dates a guy on the morning show at the station and he should have free tickets but i doubt if he goes but i am sure the callers on thursday will voice there opinion. wedenesday or thursday i will report back. roth will be here soon, but not soon enough.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    people people, i never said it was a magical download or the best thing next to slice bread. All i was trying to convey is that what i saw and heard in the St. Loius show , as far as the band, once again ED,AL and mike, is that they were playing their asses off. You can find the dvd at the VH links in their download section. It is in a bittorrent file and will take forever to download, it did for me. Once again, don't believe everything you read.

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    you seem to be trying awfully hard to convince the people that van hagar has some merit and to basically call me a liar really pisses me off dude. why don't you take your van hagar loving ass over to the sammy site or one of the van halen sites and tell them how great they are doing. no offense to you dude but you ain't never gonna convince us roth van halen fans that they are anything but shit and if you like that shit more power to you but get the fuck out of here. around here we like kick ass rock n roll ala dlr era van halen and we don't take kindly to pussies telling us how great that elevator music van hagar is. either grow some balls and quit listening to pussy music and for god sakes quit sucking eddie and the boys dicks. what a pansy.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude, check out my avator and my status here. I can't stand Van Hagar and by you assuming that i do, means you don't know jack. I'm not impliying, or trying to convince anyone that Van Hagar has merit, especially my Classic VH brothern here at the army. So take your comment's and jack them in your ass. I will never go see a live Vh show until Dave is back in the band, and i wanted to see for myself if The boys could still play, after hearing all the other opinions, thats all. I would never call another army commrad a liar. You just said that you talked to someone you knew and he said that the concert sucked and that all this stuff was happening with Ed. I watched the show and didn't see any of those things, so i wanted to say that you can't believe everything you read and hear, that was all. And as far calling me a pussy, you batter check that shit at the door, until you find some sheep and linkers here that fits that profile.

lms2
    okay, so your point again?

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude, check out my avator and my status here. I can't stand Van Hagar and by you assuming that i do, means you don't know jack. I'm not impliying, or trying to convince anyone that Van Hagar has merit, especially my Classic VH brothern here at the army.
    Bro, you've been working the "The boys still have it" angle for a while now. If you dig it, great. But you could tone down the "EVH is GOD" rhetoric a notch. I've heard enough, and seen enough to know that it just ain't so.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Originally posted by lms2
    okay, so your point again?
    Point?

He don't got no STINKIN' POINT!
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Did i ever say in here that Ed was god, no. All i said is that the dude can still play.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Did i ever say in here that Ed was god, no. All i said is that the dude can still play.
    Yeah, about 4,000,000 times. In the face of OVERWHELMING evidence to the contrary. So GIVE IT A BREAK.

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude, i know what i see and hear. If i'm watching him play somebody get me a doctor and there's no difference in his playing from when he was 20 or now that he's almost 50, what the fuck. Watching the dvd of them playing that tune, when you have just Ed, Al and Mike out there, and Ed has his back to the crowd and he's his leg is cocked up on Al's drum riser, i thought i was watching and hearing the us festival all over again. He fucking smokes on that tune and their 's not a fucking person on this planet that can tell me otherwise. Answer this, how many here, is just going off of what other people are saying about their playing live these days, and not even seeing it for themselves. that's all i did, but i wanted to see it for myself. you and everyone else here know's i can't stand Van Hagar, i surely can't stand Spammy, and we all know that no matter how well these guys are playing the Van Hagar catalog of tunes just sucks ass, But above all that, those dudes still can play their asses off. Like it or not.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    HEY "READ THIS": FUCK EVH!!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey dude, that's cool, if ever the origional line up comes togeither again, I won't have to worry about you showing up to any of the shows.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey dude, that's cool, if ever the origional line up comes togeither again, I won't have to worry about you showing up to any of the shows.
    You know, your like the last man alive who is STILL convinced that the world is flat. All the logic in the world isn't going to shake your convictions. While everybody around you shakes their heads. Again, if you dig it more power to you. Just KNOCK OFF trying to tell ANY/EVERYBODY else who says differently that their wrong. This guy started this thread looking for opinions. And you tell him his buddy was "wrong". I'll tell you for the UMPTEENTH TIME, I've been playing guitar , and VAN HALEN SONGS, long enough to know that EVH is NOT playing up to standards he set almost 27 years ago. SEEN it, Heard it, END OF STORY.
    And, your right, if/When VAN HALEN get back together and tour....I'm going to see DAVID LEE ROTH. EVH cashed in his chips a LOOONG time ago.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I didn't say he was wrong, i said not true. the stuff that he said about the show was inaccurate. Ed didn't play or look drunk and the to me the crowd looked like they were into it pretty good. What he was right on, was that Spammy did sound like 2 cats fucking under a house though. thta's all i meant. I never have trashed anyones opinion here and you know it. If any thing, mine has got trashed the worse. If i say one thing good about ED, Al or Mike, i get trashed and called a sheep or whatever the fuck, if i say one thing negative about Dave the same happens also. It seems to me that most everyone here see's things only in black and white. I'm sorry if i tend to dwell sometimes in the gray area, but the truth about this band and just life in general seems to be the most accurate in the gray area. And why do you think that i am so much in love with the Van Hagar thing going on right now?

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I've NEVER called you a SHEEP. Your just a EVH fanatic. Have NO PROBLEM with that. Just think that you see him through rose colored glasses. But, telling somebody that THEIR OPINION is "not true" is basically calling them a LIAR. Again, purely a subjective OPINION. The VAST majority of opinions, of those who have seen them live and watched boot footage & heard boot audio, is that EVH is playing SLOPPY and DRUNK. And no amount of rationalizing is going to change that fact.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    First, i never called metalonmetal a liar. the reason i said it wasn't true,is because i watched the damn thing, so it was like i was there also. I think the dude who told him that, was going into the show pretty biased anyway. So how long have you been playing, i really would like to hear some of your tunes. If you care to share your talent with me and a whole lot more, go to a site called guitars101.com, register and then you can dowload as many of your tunes that you want. I really want to hear your playing.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    First, i never called metalonmetal a liar. the reason i said it wasn't true,is because i watched the damn thing, so it was like i was there also. I think the dude who told him that, was going into the show pretty biased anyway. So how long have you been playing, i really would like to hear some of your tunes. If you care to share your talent with me and a whole lot more, go to a site called guitars101.com, register and then you can dowload as many of your tunes that you want. I really want to hear your playing.
    Let me get this straight: You watch a video of a concert, and then tell somebody who saw it LIVE that their biased?!? Ironic? That sounds like projection from here, bud.
    Secondly, been playing for 22 years. Am I guitar wizard? Gonna make EVH seem like chopped liver(smothered in COLT 45)? NOPE. Competent I am. But again, you MISS THE POINT.
    FOR THE LAST TIME: EVH is NOT playing like EVH. He WAS the best. He took on ALL the competition and came out on TOP. HE ain't playing like that guy on this tour. GET OVER IT!!!
    AND to address your "people here need to crawl out of DAVE's ass", seems again like your projecting your LOVE for EVH onto the ARMY. Your slavish devotion to EVH is troubling. Sorry to burst the bubble of invincibility that surrounded EVH, but the truth is in the music, as always. And the truth is DRUGS & ALCOHOL are keeping him from performing at 100%. And HE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!! So, WHY SHOULD ANYBODY ELSE. UNLESS THEIR A HAGAR LOVIN' SHEEP.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Matt White
    Let me get this straight: You watch a video of a concert, and then tell somebody who saw it LIVE that their biased?!? Ironic? That sounds like projection from here, bud.
    Secondly, been playing for 22 years. Am I guitar wizard? Gonna make EVH seem like chopped liver(smothered in COLT 45)? NOPE. Competent I am. But again, you MISS THE POINT.
    FOR THE LAST TIME: EVH is NOT playing like EVH. He WAS the best. He took on ALL the competition and came out on TOP. HE ain't playing like that guy on this tour. GET OVER IT!!!
    AND to address your "people here need to crawl out of DAVE's ass", seems again like your projecting your LOVE for EVH onto the ARMY. Your slavish devotion to EVH is troubling. Sorry to burst the bubble of invincibility that surrounded EVH, but the truth is in the music, as always. And the truth is DRUGS & ALCOHOL are keeping him from performing at 100%. And HE DON'T GIVE A FUCK!!! So, WHY SHOULD ANYBODY ELSE. UNLESS THEIR A HAGAR LOVIN' SHEEP.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
    Yeah, I'm gonna back that.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I saw the San Jose show. It was a total discrace. All the SF Bay area newpapers flamed Van Halen for playing so poorly.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ok, here is the way i see it. eddie van halen spits in the face of all van halen fans by bringing sammy hagar back instead of what most people want which is dlr, 90% of reviews have been negative, not only of sammy but eddie himself, eddie has been acting like a complete drunking idiot, a person says he sucked in st. louis and eddie was drunk and that has been pretty much in every review and you call me a freakin liar. i stand by my comment that you are secretly a van hagar fan and you can take your gay crush on eddie van halen and shove it up your ass. i say dave or the grave and to all the sammy lovers and even the people like you who give eddie, alex and michael anthony a free ride and blame the crappy shows on sammy i say fuck off to all of you and dude you are even more pathetic than the van hagar fans because they know no better, if you are on this site, you should fucking know better. now go listen to your van hagar cd's and fuck off.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yep, you guys caught me redhanded. As i'm reading your posts,i'm sitting here fucking a redheaded Sammy blowup doll. Fuck, sometimees it's hard to keep things in the closet. MetalonMetal, i was willing to give you the benifit of the doubt, since your a newbie here, But with comments like that to me, your the biggest fucking tool that ever posted here. Your a dumb fuckstick , who hasn,t been around for more than 11 days, thinking you have everything figured out. Well let me tell you once again, you don't know shit asshole. And Matt, bro i'm willing to respect your comment's, i know where your coming from. Me and you have, a few times disagreed on a topic, and that's cool bro. You and all the dudes around here know where my alligance lies. And for MonM, thats with the true CLASSIC VAN FUCKING HALEN.

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    dude i have been around here a lot longer than 11 days, i was originally 1978-1984 but switched to high speed internet and couldn't remember my password and reregistered. i will call a truce with you though if you don't call me a fucking liar next time. i hate people calling me a liar and i hate traitors (eddie van halen). i am very militant when it comes to david lee roth and shit. no hard feelings on my part but i still stand by the comments about the st. louis show and when i get feedback about the champaign show they are playing tonight (good or bad) i will post them. and by the way dude it only takes 5 minutes to reliaze van hagar sucks and eddie van halen is not up to par anymore. if it takes someone 11 days to realize that they are idiots. bottom line just because a person is new on here doesn't mean they don't know as much or more about roth and van halen than you brother. don't think you know it all because obviously you are misguided and confused in many areas.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Truce dude, I to am very passionate about the Mighty VH, and i never called you or the dude you spoke to a liar, i am deeply sorry if you took it that way. And you and Matt are right, i don't know it all and never admitted that i did. ALL I was trying to convey is that the show to me seemed like they were playing pretty tight, But not anywhere near as energetic and explosive as they once where. I truly don't even think if Dave was there they could be all what we wanted them to be again. and just a little advice about me, just because i say that i think those dudes can still play, doesn't mean that i'm not as pissed as everyone here, that the brothers made the worst decision in their life, by not getting Dave back in. I am as pissed off as you about them steping all over us true fans, and not giving us what we and the rest of the general public wants, a real reunion. So i take back everything bad i said about you and hope we can now get into a discussion and know where we are both coming from.

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    all right bro, truce. they screwed us all over on this reunion and even though eddie is not playing up to par now i think he is still capable with the proper incentive (roth) and staying away from the booze. i hope to get the info about the champaign, il show tomorrow and like i said i will post it good bad or otherwise. van halen 1978-1984 and just think how huge a reunion album and tour would have been in 96. i was primed and ready for that tour and they trampled our reunion dreams for gary cherone. stupidest move in rock history. cheers

Thread Information