Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-11-2024 @ 01:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Question The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Gentlemen,

After lengthy negotiations with Pojo, my conscience, and a cadre of alumni focus groups, I've decided to run an official Notre Dame thread at BOTH Roth Army and DDLR.com. Besides the fact that someone said it was a TRAVESTY that a webbie at this fine site (RothArmy.com) would maintain an official thread at ANOTHER site, while leaving this site neglected, I will simply have to take on the responsibility I should have taken on prior to the start of the college football season, and run, for the time being, TWO official threads, one at each site. Consider it much like Miller Lite, one thread tastes great, and one is less filling. Considering the lower traffic volume at DDLR.com Sports Forum, I felt that blessing all the fine folks here with the daily/weekly Fightin' Irish (and as a bonus UNLV and San Diego franchise coverage as well) information and updates was the responsible, professional, admirable, charitable, and common sensical thing to do.

Thusly, and Ergoly, and finally.... I hereby christen thee The Official Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread here at the Roth Army.

Now, just to get everyone up to speed on my affiliations and the Notre Dame football team, here is today's update:

The Fightin' Irish looked like a well-oiled machine in the first half against Washington, racking up 28 first-half points, and quarterback Brady Quinn throwing for 4 first half touchdowns and 4 for the game (the former breaking a previous record, the latter tying a previous record.... Montana and Theisman anyone?). However, in the second half, it looked as if Ty Willingham and Bill Deidrick (Off. Coord.) decided to go back to their usual ways of being more conservative and having Quinn throw incomplete passes. Notre Dame hasn't been able to put together a complete game since 2002. They started falling apart in the 4th quarter of their win against Florida State, and they haven't looked back since, putting up half-assed efforts in pretty much every game since, resulting in last year's 5-7 season record. A debacle by any self-respecting school's criteria.

At any rate, the Irish seem to have put together enough offense to school the state of Michigan (wins of UM and MSU) and they put the hurt on Washington as I've mentioned, after a lackluster and embarrassing start at BYU in which the Irish lost that game. Needless to say, they will have to bring their defensive A-game against Orton and Purdue, and they better have enough offense to put up 30+ again, because that's what it's going to take to beat Purdue this coming weekend.

Lastly, some folks are waiting for the Irish to return to the Top 25 rankings. I don't see it happening this week, simply because I'm not sure who will move out of the Top 25 to make room for the Irish. And besides, Washington isn't a good team, despite the Irish schooling them. So I fully expect a Top 25 ranking next week when the Irish take care of business against Purdue.

If the Irish can run the table (must get past Purdue, Stanford, Navy, and Boston College) up to the Tennessee game (at Tenn.), the Irish will be 7-1 and looking to make a big jump in the polls with a tough road-win against a formidable SEC opponent. Then it's just a matter of putting away Pitt, for a showdown at USC which, if ND is 9-1 and USC is 11-0 at that time, will have significant National Title implications. Of course, ND still has much to prove, but I'm confident that this year could be quite a pleasant surprise for the Irish faithful.

My own realistic expectations would be an 8-3 record and a Bowl win, since I can see the Irish beating Purdue, but stumbling against Tenn, and USC. And if BC plays ND like they always do, it's not out of the realm of possibility to think the Irish will go 7-4. Much better than last year, true. But damn haven't we fallen on hard times when a 7-4 record is considered "good" by many folks in the Irish camp. If Ty Willingham can't consistently produce at least 8-3/9-3 seasons (and that is simple job security) like that bore Lloyd Carr at UM, I don't see Ty coaching the Irish after his contract is up. Of course, we're talking about the same athletic director who hired Oleary, and the same institution that hired Faust, so I could be wrong.

GO IRISH!!!
    GO UNLV!!!!
    GO CHARGERS!!!
    GO PADRES!!!
    GO KINGS (Basketball and hockey if it ever comes back)

Icon.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 04:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yes...after offering up Icon...the following...

1. One case of Milwaukee's best...

2. four bottles of Mad Dog 20/20 (in varying flavors)

3. a vintage ron Powlus jersey

4. an autograph photo of Rocket Ismail in a thong

and

5. a Gerry Foust worn ND polo...

he conceded to bring an official ND thread here...

it's about time...

and...

I'm moderately surprised that Willingham has them sitting at 3-1...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Where's a bird cage when you need one....

Not else much that this raving lunacy is good for.....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Where's a bird cage when you need one....

Not else much that this raving lunacy is good for.....
    I'm not an Irish fan by any stretch...but this is coming from a Penn State fan...

do they even have a football team?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LOL...

I tell you what, don't know if you saw the PSU-Wisconsin game, but I liked the 3rd string clipboard holder QB better than either Mills or Robinson....

Maybe there's hope for the future.... Remember that Anthony Morelli bolted from Pitt to go to PSU....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LMFAO...I didn't see any of that game...

how did they play against Wisconsin?

Seriously...it's a strange day in college football when PSU is a complete non-factor...

I mean...nothing this year...

The only hope for the future...is a new coach...and they just reupped with the man...

Look...Paterno is a fucking coaching GOD...15 years ago...

I can't believe he won't move aside for the sake of the program that he build and made prominant...and got into the best conference in football...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Goddammit!!!!!

I didn't come back to have you half-baked retards turn this into a Big 11 thread... lmao

Screw PSU and Wisconsin... PSU has turned into a Weekend At Bernie's made-for-TV sticom with rigormortis setting in on JoePa... next year they'll just wheel him up and down the sideline on a dolly or perhaps stand him up in stirrups on one of those Lil' Rascals that old folks use to get around grocery stores in...

At some point, you have to make decisions for the elderly when they no longer can make decisions for themselves... how many years of mediocrity from a comatose old man coach will PSU put up with just because the old coot at ONE TIME in the DISTANT PAST, led them to some modicum of greatness? It's over Johnny, bring in the next contestant.... lmao

Now, back to the topic... ND will take care of business against Purdue this week and be back in the Top 25 where they belong... Purdue might have a great quarterback, and also be known for chicken at an excellent price, but it all ends this Saturday at South Bend... lmao

GO IRISH!!!
    GO UNLV!!!
    GO CHARGERS!!!
    GO KINGS!!!!
    GO PADRES!!!!

Icon.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well...it surely will be a proving ground for ND...

We'll see if they are for real this week...

I just don't think that Purdue is that good...unlike some that think they'll win the Big 11...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by conmee
    At some point, you have to make decisions for the elderly when they no longer can make decisions for themselves... how many years of mediocrity from a comatose old man coach will PSU put up with just because the old coot at ONE TIME in the DISTANT PAST, led them to some modicum of greatness? It's over Johnny, bring in the next contestant.... lmao
    I'd rather have a comatose JoePa than a half-ass politically correct stand-in as head coach.....

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

You got something against black folk, you goddam Suthern Racist!!!!!!!!!??!!?!?! lol

Believe me, outside of some very powerful boosters still funding the PSU program, no one in that state would miss JoePa much... put him in a glass case next to the two national championship trophies for safe keeping and move on... Urban Meyer is just waiting for a higher profile gig than Utah... I was hoping ND would get him if they fired Ty after a loss to Michigan... but somehow Ty pulled out a win... so we'll just have to wait out Ty's contract. lol

GO IRISH!!!
    GO UNLV!!!

Icon.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As sad as I am to say this...Winningham is twice the coach that JoePa is right now...and that may be UNDERSTATING it...

If JoePa was at Notre Dame right now (and he would have been fired a long time ago), well...he'd be fired...and probably 1-3...

Urban Meyer supposedly will be coming to North Carolina next year...as the Spurrier rumors are just that...but Meyer's Utah boys will be coming to UNC to hand them their asses in a couple of weeks...

UNC just can't pay their football coach more than their basketball coach...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Believe me, outside of some very powerful boosters still funding the PSU program, no one in that state would miss JoePa much...
    What are you, a Rudy clone ???

Even your perverted mind has to realize what an incredibly ridiculous statement that was.....

PSU is in the middle of rebuilding, no doubt about it.... I personally think that their mediocre QB's have a lot to do with it.... And their run defense leaves holes that even Poj's beer belly can go through....

ALL TEAMS DO THAT....

Notre Dame sure as hell does that....

Ohio State sure as hell does that....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here's the difference between PSU and Ohio State at least...

OSU is rebuilding as well...and winning...

Their defense lost nearly everyone...and they are still good...

WHY? Because they outrecruit everyone in Ohio...and get some speed from Florida here and there...Tressell and his staff can recruit...

Now before you go and rip off names of all these great recruits that PSU has...

remember this...they've been rebuilding for what now...five years? You don't rebuild for five years my friend...

you get a new coach...

And you can't tell me that PSU fans in Pennsylvania aren't scratching their head...wondering why in the fuck this guy is still there...

It's more than the QB's...it's more than the "shitty run defense..."

It's lack of talent period...

No recruits...no win...

soon...new coach...

Should get Spurrier...someone who can breathe some damn life into that dead ass program...

I mean christ...Paterno is a damn peer of Bear Bryant and fucking Woody Hayes...

they're dead...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I find it humorous that a guy living in Virginia with 12 kids who gets drunk on a sixer of light beer thinks he knows so much about PSU, and the state of Pennsylvania in general. Believe me, I'm not saying that no one reveres JoePa or respects his accomplishments, but by and large, fans younger than 35 can barely remember the last time JoePa did something of significance. Hell, I was 17 the last time PSU won a championship... and like you and Pojo, I'm one of the OLD BOYS around here... lmao

Look, JoePa deserves his props, no doubt about it. But he doesn't deserve to hold onto a job based on past performance that's almost two decades old... the only folks that get to hold onto jobs long after they're successful/useful/productive are union and Navy workers, and JoePa. lmao

GO IRISH!!!
    GO UNLV!!!

Icon.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now...back to the matter at hand...

the unranked Irish (I'm surprised) go up against the number 15th Purdue Boilermakers this week...

You hear a lot of rumble about how good the Purduey's are...I don't buy into it...

with that being said...Orton is a really good qb...and Notre Dame brings a solid D against it...

I'm banking on Purdue mistakes to launch Notre Dame into the rankings next week...vaulting into the top 20...

we shall see...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I knew there was a reason I like you, Pojo... lol.. but the real matter at hand is VA Beach's racism, alcoholism, beastialityism, and PSU boosterism, all while living in VA Beachism... lmao

In all seriousness, Purdue has played a bunch of total pansy-assed losers.... Syracuse is in the shitter again, Ball Fookin' State??!??!, and they SQUEAKED by Illinois... the Big 11 powerhouse... Generally speaking, the Big 11 teams are probably over-rated by 5 spots in the polls... I can understand ND bias being good for about 4-5 spots up in a poll, but there's history there... same goes for teams from Florida, OK, and 'Bama.

Oh well, I'll either be celebrating ND's return to the Top 25, or crying in my beer Saturday evening... and I think that BYU was simple the hangover from the previous year's debacle... an ugly loss during the first week of the season will be forgot if a 9-1 ND team closes out the season playing USC at the Colliseum, with National Championship implications on the line....

So what do you think Pojo? If ND boasts wins at home over Michigan, Purdue, and Pitt, and road wins over Tennessee and USC, and finish the season 10-1, think the Irish are in the National Championship mix at that point? That would certainly fook up the BCS... I'd love to see OK, USC, ND, Miami, and Georgia all arguing about who is No. 1, and another split championship... just to force the playoff issue again... of course, rather not split a championship, but I'll take half a championship since we haven't seen one around South Bend since 1988...

GO IRISH!!!
    GO UNLV!!!

Icon.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I find it humorous that a guy living in Virginia with 12 kids who gets drunk on a sixer of light beer thinks he knows so much about PSU, and the state of Pennsylvania in general.
    Yeah, it ain't like I was born and raised there, you're right.....

And only time I get drunk nowadays is when I'm trying to drown out Samuel Hagar being onstage, or delirious Notre Dame fans, take your pick....

Look, JoePa deserves his props, no doubt about it. But he doesn't deserve to hold onto a job based on past performance that's almost two decades old... the only folks that get to hold onto jobs long after they're successful/useful/productive are union and Navy workers, and JoePa. lmao[/B]
    You guys with your fetish for the coaching profession always cracks me up....

I said it the day Joey Gibbs was hired back again, it doesn't matter if Vince Fucking Lombardi came back from the dead, the Redskins will still suck !!!!

And why ?? Because Joe Gibbs doesn't play...

Just like Pat Riley didn't play in NYC and Miami....

Has PSU had better recruiting days ?? Absolutely.....

But don't give me this crap that JoePa should retire because he can't coach anymore....

He's coaching the same way he did in the past.....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Okay...let's put that into perspective...since coaches don't matter...

than Woody Hayes' 3 yards and a cloud of dust would still be winning (not)...

and you know how many Full House backfields you see...gotta love all of those triple option offenses that Okie and Neb used from the 50's to the mid 80's that are still rolling through college football (Not)...

If JoePa is still coaching the way he always does (and I agree...he does...with more senility...and less success)...PSU will disappear from the football map...

Joe Gibbs will win in Washington again...Why? 2 reasons...

1. He's a good evaluater of talent for what he wants to do...and he has the means to go out and get it (as opposed to an idiot like Spurrier recruiting Gators...or their wonderful owner throwing money to everyone)...

2. He's meticulous in what he needs to do to win...and has the staff to do it.

You're crowing about Gibbs sucking 3 GAMES INTO HIS RETURN! Now I am thoroughly aware Va that you are far to vast in your knowledge of football to make a judgement on Gibbs after 3 FREAKIN' GAMES!!!

Of course...comparing Gibbs to JoePa is really a non-factor point here...being that Gibbs doesn't have to recruit players...

Let's start with recruiting. PSU isn't the recruiting juggernaut that they used to be. They had always been able to outrecruit most teams for PA players 1...and high quality players that they were contesting other major schools with. That happens with a much greater infrequency. Even you can admit that. You know the big 3 in recruiting.

1. Team Prestige--PSU still carries some of that because of Paterno's past record...and standing in the NCAA...but...if you have an 80 year old coach battling most other Big 10 coaches for a recruit...you know what those other coaches are saying in the Living Room talks..."What have you done for me lately JoePa (lose)," and "What will you get in the future..." PSU's days of winning the Big 10 and the National Title are far in the past...far...far in the past...and it's a hard sell to many players who are being recruited by Big 10 winners and/or other conference and national title contenders. OSU has been making a habit of outrecruiting the Michigans and the Michigan St.'s for top tier Ohio players (and generally...OSU got most of those recruits anyways...but always 4 or 5 of them would slide to Michigan or State because Cooper had his head up his ass). Enter Tressell, who knows the rounds in Ohio from his days as an OSU assistant, as well as his days as YSU's head coach. He generally gets all of the major Ohio recruits now...as well as throwing his hat into PA, Maryland and Florida...and snaking 1 or 2 major recruits there as well.

2. PT--Here's where PSU is probably winning what recruits they get...you have the ability to turn the program back to the winner...but alone...this means squat.

3. Coaching philosophy...now...Paterno's offense has always been run oriented...but adaptable to the players he has...a pro style set of course...so the philosophy itself should be successful...but...it's hard to sell a damn coach that really isn't winning anymore (to PSU standards)...and has the appearance of NOT CHANGING!

Bottom line here...there aren't many recruits that are enamored with PSU anymore for the reasons they used to be...Playing for Paterno is...well...obviously not the same...and kids aren't growing up dreaming for wearing the old school PSU colors...when the speed and flash of the Florida teams...Oklahoma...USC...even Ohio State...are more coveted...and come knocking for those top recruits Paterno covets...

Paterno isn't winning anymore...in the past 5 years...PSU has had 1 winning season...and is a combined 24-28...which is a death-bed for a team who USED to be discussed in the same manner as the Florida teams...Notre Dame (who's luster will always be there)...OSU, Oklahoma...the football royalty...

not anymore my friend...not anymore...

and you can make your comments about how important coaching is until the cows come home...but you don't have to be a magician to figure out that Ohio State became good again because of Tressell's philosophy...and ability to get the coaches and recruits that fit it (Cooper recruited more talented out of state players...but couldn't win the big ones with them)...it's called change...and you have to on occasion to field winners. Some coaches change...and Paterno did it while he was still able to...but he's done...period...

Utah wins why? Their overabundance of talent? No...they have a damn good coach...

Oklahoma blew ass for years after the Switzer fiasco...until they got Stoops in there...who changed the shit out of the philosophy of the program...

Notre Dame has been brilliant at this through the years...moving from coach to coach...with brief interludes of Davies and Foust...

You compare Paterno to freakin' Riley and Gibbs...two pro coaches who were mired in idiotic spending...you just can't compare freakin' college coaches to pro coaches...especially when you look at Paterno coaching for 40 fucking years....add the fact that he had 1 LOSING SEASON IN ALL HIS YEARS OF COACHING UNTIL 2000...

and has had 3 out of 4 years since then...and is 2-2 now...

in PSU's case, IT IS THE COACH...period.

IN ROTH WE TRUST
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-08-2003 @ 08:08 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Okay...let's put that into perspective...since coaches don't matter...

than Woody Hayes' 3 yards and a cloud of dust would still be winning (not)...

and you know how many Full House backfields you see...gotta love all of those triple option offenses that Okie and Neb used from the 50's to the mid 80's that are still rolling through college football (Not)...

If JoePa is still coaching the way he always does (and I agree...he does...with more senility...and less success)...PSU will disappear from the football map...

Joe Gibbs will win in Washington again...Why? 2 reasons...

1. He's a good evaluater of talent for what he wants to do...and he has the means to go out and get it (as opposed to an idiot like Spurrier recruiting Gators...or their wonderful owner throwing money to everyone)...

2. He's meticulous in what he needs to do to win...and has the staff to do it.

You're crowing about Gibbs sucking 3 GAMES INTO HIS RETURN! Now I am thoroughly aware Va that you are far to vast in your knowledge of football to make a judgement on Gibbs after 3 FREAKIN' GAMES!!!

Of course...comparing Gibbs to JoePa is really a non-factor point here...being that Gibbs doesn't have to recruit players...

Let's start with recruiting. PSU isn't the recruiting juggernaut that they used to be. They had always been able to outrecruit most teams for PA players 1...and high quality players that they were contesting other major schools with. That happens with a much greater infrequency. Even you can admit that. You know the big 3 in recruiting.

1. Team Prestige--PSU still carries some of that because of Paterno's past record...and standing in the NCAA...but...if you have an 80 year old coach battling most other Big 10 coaches for a recruit...you know what those other coaches are saying in the Living Room talks..."What have you done for me lately JoePa (lose)," and "What will you get in the future..." PSU's days of winning the Big 10 and the National Title are far in the past...far...far in the past...and it's a hard sell to many players who are being recruited by Big 10 winners and/or other conference and national title contenders. OSU has been making a habit of outrecruiting the Michigans and the Michigan St.'s for top tier Ohio players (and generally...OSU got most of those recruits anyways...but always 4 or 5 of them would slide to Michigan or State because Cooper had his head up his ass). Enter Tressell, who knows the rounds in Ohio from his days as an OSU assistant, as well as his days as YSU's head coach. He generally gets all of the major Ohio recruits now...as well as throwing his hat into PA, Maryland and Florida...and snaking 1 or 2 major recruits there as well.

2. PT--Here's where PSU is probably winning what recruits they get...you have the ability to turn the program back to the winner...but alone...this means squat.

3. Coaching philosophy...now...Paterno's offense has always been run oriented...but adaptable to the players he has...a pro style set of course...so the philosophy itself should be successful...but...it's hard to sell a damn coach that really isn't winning anymore (to PSU standards)...and has the appearance of NOT CHANGING!

Bottom line here...there aren't many recruits that are enamored with PSU anymore for the reasons they used to be...Playing for Paterno is...well...obviously not the same...and kids aren't growing up dreaming for wearing the old school PSU colors...when the speed and flash of the Florida teams...Oklahoma...USC...even Ohio State...are more coveted...and come knocking for those top recruits Paterno covets...

Paterno isn't winning anymore...in the past 5 years...PSU has had 1 winning season...and is a combined 24-28...which is a death-bed for a team who USED to be discussed in the same manner as the Florida teams...Notre Dame (who's luster will always be there)...OSU, Oklahoma...the football royalty...

not anymore my friend...not anymore...

and you can make your comments about how important coaching is until the cows come home...but you don't have to be a magician to figure out that Ohio State became good again because of Tressell's philosophy...and ability to get the coaches and recruits that fit it (Cooper recruited more talented out of state players...but couldn't win the big ones with them)...it's called change...and you have to on occasion to field winners. Some coaches change...and Paterno did it while he was still able to...but he's done...period...

Utah wins why? Their overabundance of talent? No...they have a damn good coach...

Oklahoma blew ass for years after the Switzer fiasco...until they got Stoops in there...who changed the shit out of the philosophy of the program...

Notre Dame has been brilliant at this through the years...moving from coach to coach...with brief interludes of Davies and Foust...

You compare Paterno to freakin' Riley and Gibbs...two pro coaches who were mired in idiotic spending...you just can't compare freakin' college coaches to pro coaches...especially when you look at Paterno coaching for 40 fucking years....add the fact that he had 1 LOSING SEASON IN ALL HIS YEARS OF COACHING UNTIL 2000...

and has had 3 out of 4 years since then...and is 2-2 now...

in PSU's case, IT IS THE COACH...period.
    Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If Notre Dame runs the table (I don't think they will), they will CONTROL the bowl picture...whether they are 1 or not...

certainly they will dominate the popular polls...unless...there are 2 other undefeateds...and I can't see that happen...

if Notre Dame runs the table...and beats a USC that's still #1 (I don't think they will be)...Notre Dame will be playing for the national title...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well... I can dream... lol... Interestingly, all the great ND coaches won the Nat. Champ. in their third year... Willingham is in his third... now if he were to do this, and run the table, good lord, that would add to the lore and mystique of ND, would it not? lol... But I agree. That is a monumental order to ask for, and not to lower expectations, but what the hell, I have this year, I'd be happy with an 8-3 record and even a Gator Bowl win at this point. We'll see.

GO IRISH!!!
    GO UNLV!!!

Icon.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't know what in the hell to think of the bla...er...moo...er...por...er...coach of the Irish to be honest with you. I think he can recruit the players that he needs to succeed...we're just now seeing that...

I think he understands what it takes to have a good defense...

I just can't freakin' figure out what his offense is trying to do out there...

If they can figure out how to not completely depend on the defense to win games...well...

They could make a hell of a run...

Again...I can't see it happening...although 8-3 isn't out of the realm of possibility...

Funny thing is...if they'd play USC right now...I think they'd have a true shot to beat them...especially in South Bend...

We'll have to see though...

Where is the Notre Dame/USC game?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Talking

At USC... all the more reason to believe that if they go into the USC game with a 9-1 record, it would have National Championship implications. Well, let's just see if they get a win tomorrow, before I start planning for even a January bowl game at this point... UCONN beat up a pathetic Pitt team, and BC doesn't look nearly as good as in past years, so if ND can squeak past Purdue, Stanford, Navy, BC, and Pitt, which shouldn't be a problem (again, pending on what they do tomorrow), then ND realistically only has two very tough road-games to win at Tennessee and at USC. Hence, the 8-3, assuming those two are losses, and the rest wins. However, given this team and coach's quirkiness, I could easily see them dropping Purdue, Navy (if the Midshipmen finally beat ND after 37 straight losses to ND), and BC, in addition to Tenn and USC, making it a 5-6 season... with this team it could realistically go either way... 7-4 is probably the safest bet, with some sort of Detroit Bowl victory to end the season at 8-4. lmao

GO IRISH!!!!
    GO UNLV!!!!

Icon.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Who knows though...Notre Dame has certainly become quirky as you put it...

but...

if it is Notre Dame's return...I'd bank on them running with the 8-3 record...

watch Navy bite them in the ass...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Given the weather today in Southeast Michigan (windy, cold, rainy), if it's anything like this in South Bend, Orton's passing game could be grounded, which will give the Irish a definite advantage.

According to weather.com the worst has already passed ND, but they're currently at 51 degrees, with a high today of 60 in the PM. Partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain, clearing up in the PM. If that's the case, and the field soaked up some rain last night, look for footing to be a problem, with DB's and receivers and QBs slipping.

Anyhow, we'll see how this game shapes up later today...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Boy...there's some wishful thinking...

I don't see the field being an issue...with all you said there...

lmfao...60 degrees...no rain...and a wet field...

I don't see that affecting Orton in the least...I think the ND D will just have to get pressure on him...force a lot of movement in the backfield...and cause what ND is best at...forcing the team to make mistakes...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Pojo, I should have clarified... the weather WAS bad, IS getting better... if it STAYED bad, then I'd be more hopeful that weather would play a part... IF the weather stays true to the forecast, then YES, weather will be a non-factor... lmao...

I guess I mixed to much fact, fiction, and wishful thinking into one or two sentences to confuse the issue. lol That's what I get for thinking out loud... ha

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

P.S. The weather has turned for the BETTER here in D-Town. So I'm betting it will be sunny, warm, dry field, and no wind when the ND game starts in South Bend.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well...obviously Icon...the issue here has been special teams and turnovers...

ND has been right with them...but that goal line fumble...then march down the field...well...

20-3...

I still think that Notre Dame has a shot...but they can't make mistakes...Purdue CAN'T grind down the clock...but Orton is damn good...

Time to "Play like a Champion..."

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And of course...it's a B-E-A-UTIFUL day in South Bend today...

not a help in the least...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

97 yard TD for Orton...

jesus...

game over...that was huge...and an early nail in the coffin...

Orton just entered the Heisman Race...damn...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

One Fumble...and this happens...lmfao...

That being said...Purdue looks good...

we'll see if Notre Dame opens it up...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sonofabitch... damn near drove off the road on the way back from the mall... so yes, despite thinking it was hell going shopping, it only got worse when I turned on the radio... and of course, what is the first play I see on TV, when I get home?!??! The goddam TD pass... fook it... I'm PRAYING for a 6-5 season, a TY firing, and a Urban Meyer... lmao

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

And I think it goes without saying, I'm not even going to bother double-posting to the ND thread at DDLR.com... I just don't have the stomach for it.... lol

GO IRISH!!

Icon.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why can't they ALWAYS play like that!!!!

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Good crossing pattern...good blocking downfield...

didn't Quinn have #9 last year?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now we just need three more TDs and a shitload of defensive stops, and we win, 31-27... lmao....

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ahhhh.. very nice block by the line judge on replay... lmao...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

SACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Christ Almighty.... the defense totally falls asleep every other goddam play...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Can't leave ANYONE open as long as Orton is standing up... that guy will take advantage of blown assignments... shit... he's good, no doubt about it...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Thread Information