Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Shit dude there's a shitload of coaches in that era that can say that unfortunately.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Great win last week for ND, despite the fact that Pitt was way overranked. This week vs. Michigan will tell us whether they are for real or not. I'm no ND fan by any stretch, but I'd like to see them become an elite program again...too much winning tradition and history at ND for them to be as mediocre as they have been the past decade.

TheManWithNoName
    I was looking for a college football thread, and found this one. I don't know who are the Irish fans here, but they are laying a bit of a beating on another overrated team IMO, Michigan.

Pitt proved to be a farce last night losing to Ohio. Michigan losing to Notre Dame this week.

I still think that the ND fans have some questions to answer, but to walk in the Big House, and beat them (if they win), would be huge, and right now, you have to look at Weis as the real deal.

and Lloyd Carr. Am I the only one that thinks this guy is the, one of the most overrated coaches in the country? Michigan plays like rotten garbage in big games.

Knows what that'll ge'her
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's a huge win if they hold on. Michigan is a tough team. I'm loving this, even if the Irish haven't moved the ball in the second half yet!
    Stay Frosty, muthas!

TheManWithNoName
    Fumble Notre Dame. Third Down for the Wolverines--nope. Michigan has to go for it. 4th and Goal. Weis calls a time out.

You know, the thing about Weis that the Irish has to look out for. Is he there for the haul, or will he be looking to snag a Pro Job if he has one of those years that nobody expects.

Degenerate #4
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    shit...

here comes the goal line stand that will make or break notre dame's season...

i hope they can hold on so i can rub it in the face of my ex girlfriend who goes to michigan...
    Don't FUCK With Greatness...

TheManWithNoName
    Originally posted by VHdamaco
    shit...

here comes the goal line stand that will make or break notre dame's season...

i hope they can hold on so i can rub it in the face of my ex girlfriend who goes to michigan...

It's funny that ND fans have to look at a goal line stand in teh 4th quarter of the 2nd game as their whole season.

Well, it looks like, if according to that, you'll have a great season.

Michigan just isn't a good football team.

TheManWithNoName
    Here we go again.

It looks like a fumble. They have to slow it down, but it was out a long time before he went down.

TheManWithNoName
    Griese and this other douchebag are dipshits. You can clearly see the ball fall in the replay from behind the qb, bouncing to the ground before his knee touches.

TheManWithNoName
    That was the right call. Notre Dame with the Ball, and you have to think that this game is over, as is Michigan's chance at a national title. It's a good time to lose though.

TheManWithNoName
    How in the hell was THAT A FUCKING FUMBLE? And there was a referee right there.

Degenerate #4
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by TheManWithNoName
    It's funny that ND fans have to look at a goal line stand in teh 4th quarter of the 2nd game as their whole season.

Well, it looks like, if according to that, you'll have a great season.

Michigan just isn't a good football team.
    lol...

nah man, im not a ND fan, just the way things go in college football, a stand like that does define a season...

ha...

4 minutes until a BIG upset, glad i picked them in my college football pick 'em....

TheManWithNoName
    HUGE TD by Michigan. Looked bad all game, and are only 7 back now. ND couldn't put them away, and now it may cost them.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ND doing their best to blow this one. That's what happens when you don't move the ball all second half.

TheManWithNoName
    It doesn't seem to be a Weis move to get conservative either. But they've looked awful, and Michigan's defense really isn't that good.

2:00 left in the game. Michigan actually should be up in this game.

Did I just see Michigan fans doing the tomahawk chop?

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by TheManWithNoName
    It doesn't seem to be a Weis move to get conservative either. But they've looked awful, and Michigan's defense really isn't that good.

2:00 left in the game. Michigan actually should be up in this game.

Did I just see Michigan fans doing the tomahawk chop?
    I think you are an Alias...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know.....no matter how good a team ND has, haters will say they are overated. No matter who they beat, the haters will claim that the team they beat was overated. They can't win. The haters never give ND any credit whatsoever. ND just beat #3. Period.

TheManWithNoName
    Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
    You know.....no matter how good a team ND has, haters will say they are overated. No matter who they beat, the haters will claim that the team they beat was overated. They can't win. The haters never give ND any credit whatsoever. ND just beat #3. Period.
    So I'm a Notre Dame hater? I'm no fan of either Michigan, or Notre Dame. Hey, if you are a Notre Dame fan, and you can live with "ND just beat #3," and actually believe it, fine. Here's what I know. ND handed Pitt their ass last week. Ohio University handed Pitt their ass last night. Michigan was up by three at halftime to central Michigan University of skinny Nuns, before pulling away by a couple of TD's. They looked bad. ND comes in and puts up 45 yards of offense in the 2nd half, and beats Michigan, who has yet to look good for even 1 quarter. They are overrated, and Notre Dame is a bit underrated. But I still don't think they've played a team worth mentioning yet. Your support for the #3 is what? A preseason ranking? Mine are the actual games. A good team beats the University of skinny nuns by 40 points, not by 2 late TD's.

Notre Dame got a nice win, and no doubt they are better than they have been in the past. But no way did they beat a top 5 or 10 team, or this year is a real dropoff from the past.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ohio handed Pitt their ass? They won 16-10 in ot.

Like I said, the haters will always find a reason to downplay any big ND win. ND and Michigan fought each other hard, with ND coming out as the winner. Why does it have to be that Michigan sucks rather than ND played a good game? Why does it have to be that PITT sucked rather than ND just being that much better?

TheManWithNoName
    I NEVER SAID MICHIGAN SUCKS! I SAID THEY WERE OVERRATED! I also can pretty much tell you that Pitt sucks. No, Pitt didn't get their ass handed to them by Ohio University. But dude, they lost to Ohio University. OVERRATED! QUIT TRYING TO ACT LIKE SOME FUCKING POOR LITTLE BOY WHINING ABOUT YOUR BOOKS ALWAYS GETTING KNOCKED OUT OF YOUR HAND!

Pitt sucks. They are 0-2, and when you chalk up Ohio University as one of the losses, and you can only put up 10 points IN OT against them, you suck. That's a fact.

ND, AS I SAID you whining bitch, is underrated this year. I'm sorry, you must want everyone to christen them a top 5 team because the beat a michigan team that barely beat a bunch of nuns last week.

Look, I don't know you, and apologize a bit for going off. But what I'm being is unbiased here. I said it was a great win for them in the Big House, but again, if you think this Michigan team is up there with the other top 10 teams after watching them the past two weeks, then you just don't know much about college football.

ND is good, and should be ranked. But if you can only put 45 yards on the board in the 2nd half, against a team who's weakness by their own coaching staff is run defense, you have an issue or 2.

Right now, I can see ND going 4-1, or 5-0 going into the USC game. Then you can look first hand at how good ND is, and how you compare this Michigan team (that will lose perhaps 4 games this year) to that USC team.

TheManWithNoName
    I can't believe you were arguing the point that the Pitt loss last night wasn't a big deal because it was 16-10 in OT AGAINST OHIO!

Maybe you didn't know this: Ohio University isn't Ohio State University!

Maybe you didn't know that Ohio University sucks ass, and probably hadn't beaten anyone of note in, well, EVER!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Get a grip dude.........

Talk about getting worked up over nothing. You must be a devil with the ladies.

TheManWithNoName
    Feel free to admit that you have no idea with what you are talking about when it comes to college football at any time. I'll accept notes so you won't be embarassed.

And thanks for being concerned with how I am with the ladies. Don't worry, while you are crying in the corner whining about the haters, I'll be doing just fine.

TheManWithNoName
    Look Vengeance, forget about it. I didn't start posting here to get in a flame war about 2 teams I could give a shit less about. Admittedly, it's good to see Notre Dame at 2-0. College Football is a better game when Notre Dame is at the top of theirs.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gentlemen, gentlemen... no need to go at each other... it's all good... I'm an Irish fan and alumni, and I can tell you that Michigan tends to be overrated, and given the benefit of the doubt, much like ND gets on occasion, by the press. Sometimes both schools ride a few spots higher in the polls because of their PAST achievements.

At any rate, this is a good start for the Irish, and hopefully they can meet USC later this year as an undefeated team... now that will be a great game to come.

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.
    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gotta give the props to the Irish, great start...

Got a tough(er) stretch coming up though, we'll see....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well...as for Notre Dame...I think they have what...back to back tough ones coming up...Purdue, then USC? Are those games back to back?

I wouldn't mind seeing them go up against USC undefeated. I can't fathom USC losing a game this year, but it would be good theatre.

Props to the Irish dumping Michigan. I don't know if Michigan is overrated, or is just playing tight for whatever reason.

I think...both of the teams we saw today are top 20 middle of the pack teams. ND got shut down in the 2nd half offensively, and did some shutting down of their own.

I don't think anyone thought ND would get through their first 2 games undefeated.

they have to watch out for a let down.
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Agree with all points Pojo...

I'm hoping what we saw, at least from ND's perspective, was a solid defensive performance... it will be that kind of defense that will keep the Irish, at least "in the game" v. USC. Of course, there won't be any "in the game" if the offense doesn't regain some of it's Pitt form. In order to even have a chance at beating USC, they'll need to play defense like they did yesterday (liked seeing the great defensive stands in the red zone), but play offense like they did at Pitt and during the first drive of the UM game. That first drive looked like pure Patriots... methodical, precise, well-oiled machine. I think once UM settled down, however, maybe the talent (arguably the Irish have Top 20 rather than Top 10 talent with years of Davie and Willingham and higher academic standards taking their toll) was to blame for lack of execution against a pretty good UM defense.

At any rate, the next few games aren't that tough a stretch. There's Michigan State at South Bend, which is imminently winnable. Followed by games at Washington (they suck). So the Irish should be 4-0 heading into a road game at Purdue (explosive offense).

After that, the tough part of the schedule kicks in. Although the Irish have 5 straight home games, they are against USC, BYU, Tennessee (if they win these three, they've essentially won the national championship -- that would be wins against 3 of the Top 5 teams including #1 USC, #3 Michigan, #4 Tenn -- but I'm not going to get ahead of myself... this could well be 3 straight losses with BYU always giving ND fits the past few years.

And the season ends with games at Navy, Syracuse, and Stanford.

All in all, if they go into the USC game at 5-0, there's no reason not to expect the season ends with a 9-2 record and a BCS Bowl, assuming the only losses are USC and Tennessee. That would be about as good a start for Charlie Weis as anyone could hope for. A win against either USC or Tennessee, and a 10-1 ND team would be in the hunt for the national championship this year. An ND-USC title game would right the college football universe, much like an Oklahoma-Alabama game... getting a title game with two storied programs would be awesome, especially if it didn't involve those Florida teams... lol...

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    9-2 would exceed expectations for sure...

and it's good...lmfao...to see you not looking to far ahead!

We shall see...I have a feeling this year is going to get strange before the end...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey, I'm not looking ahead... I said it's just as easy to see ND go 0-3 in that stretch than 3-0... in fact, odds are probably good that 1-2 during that stretch is realistic.

Anyhow, surprised at how the AP put ND in at #10 and USA Today put them at #12. Admittedly, Texas and ND had the two most impressive road wins against Top 5 teams, so I can see it justified, but I was thinking in the #12-#14 range was more realistic. Guess the AP just added 4 spots because of the ND history. lol

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well...at least they kept OSU in the top 10...although losing at home...and I don't care to who...should drop you 10 spots minimum...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That being said...I think Purdue is going to prove to be another overrated big 11 team...

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well shite.... can't simply hide on those weekends when the Irish end up losing... lol

Great game, two great QB performances... the only part that sucked were the two Irish turnovers and the ending... lol... that's what the team gets for spotting MSU a 21 point lead.

Alot of football left to be played this year... just hope it's closer to 8-3 than 6-5.... lol

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by conmee
    Well shite.... can't simply hide on those weekends when the Irish end up losing... lol

Great game, two great QB performances... the only part that sucked were the two Irish turnovers and the ending... lol... that's what the team gets for spotting MSU a 21 point lead.

Alot of football left to be played this year... just hope it's closer to 8-3 than 6-5.... lol

GO IRISH!!!!

Icon.
    ND got the screw job. A TD that wasn't for State and a TD that SHOULD HAVE been for ND....To come back from 21 points down, only to have to play that idiotic version of OT.....I was fucking livid yesterday. Of course the ND haters are out in force, yelling about overated all over the internet and sports radio.....

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think Notre Dame is overrated at all. I think they have a good coach...who IS getting more out of them than previous coaches.

I'm not a Notre Dame hater...just an unbias onlooker. I followed Notre Dame as a kid, and the only time I didn't like them was when Lou Holtz was their coach, because I can't stand Holtz (good coach though). My family is a Notre Dame family (how can you not be when you are a family loaded with catholics). I just happened to stay home and go against the grain and follow Ohio State.

As far as a screw job, wake the fuck up. You won't agree, but I watched the same game you did. Notre Dame lost, plain and simple. A team came in pumped up to beat them, and they did. What you should be happy with is that Notre Dame is 2-1, and not 1-2, or even 0-3. You come off of several seasons of sucking, and now expect every call, and to what...roll through the season undefeated?

Here's what I saw. A Notre Dame team overcoming adversity to nearly win a game that to be honest, they would have laid down for in the past 10 seasons. You've got a team now. Quit bitching about what could've or should've been. Of course there are a lot of Notre Dame haters saying they are overrated, there always have been, and always will be. That's what happens when you are a supporter of a team that was more than great since the 1930's. That's what happen when you have an entire culture (catholics) supporting you. That's what happens when you are America's team. Live with it, and quit fucking bitching about it, unless of course, when a team you don't like loses, and you don't say a word.

I don't know you very well Vengeance, but judging from your posts about the Irish, something tells me you are an EXTREME vocal artist when someone you deam to be on your hate list loses.

There's nothing wrong with it, that's what being a fan is all about. The only thing I CAN'T stand, is when people bitch about officiating, unless one call absolutely ends a game. The facts are this. Notre Dame overcame bad officiating to get the game into overtime. They had an EQUAL chance at winning...as a matter of fact...had a more than equal chance at winning...being that they were playing in a sea of Irish. They didn't. As Larry Coker said a few years ago after Miami got the screw job (even I admit that) against OSU, "We still should have won the game, and there's no excuse for not."

You play with what you get, and that's the bottom line.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was born to hate Notre Dame, and I do.

I'm also a fair football fan (at least I think), and I don't think they're overrated at all, and Weis is doing a great job with not the world's greatest talent. I give credit where credit is dude, hell I said hoped ND would be undefeated when they play USC so the game would really mean something this year again. You have had a lot to cheer about already.

Yes everyone hates ND, are you new here? That's what happens when you claim to be "god's team" and you got Knute Rockne, and great players, and great tradition, and that god damn fucking fight song. Nobody wants to see you win, except your fans. The Irish is the team everyone loves to hate and ride. Shit when most programs go down the tubes, nobody even cares. With Notre Dame, everyone cares, whether they love them or hate them.

However, they were not screwed by the officials, and your fucking bitching about that is just ridiculous man. They lost the game. Shit there were a few lousy calls against Michigan last week, and I didn't see you bitching about that. You gladly took them.

I don't mind someone being huge fan of a team or school, but to be some homer that continually believes that officiating is screwing them, the world is unfair, blah blah blah. Two teams had a chance to win yesterday, Michigan St. made the plays, they won the game. Live with it and stop crying about it.

Take a lesson from Conmee. Win with pride, lose with dignity.
    Last edited by Brett; 09-18-2005 at 02:26 PM.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by POJO_Risin
    I don't think Notre Dame is overrated at all. I think they have a good coach...who IS getting more out of them than previous coaches.

I'm not a Notre Dame hater...just an unbias onlooker. I followed Notre Dame as a kid, and the only time I didn't like them was when Lou Holtz was their coach, because I can't stand Holtz (good coach though). My family is a Notre Dame family (how can you not be when you are a family loaded with catholics). I just happened to stay home and go against the grain and follow Ohio State.

As far as a screw job, wake the fuck up. You won't agree, but I watched the same game you did. Notre Dame lost, plain and simple. A team came in pumped up to beat them, and they did. What you should be happy with is that Notre Dame is 2-1, and not 1-2, or even 0-3. You come off of several seasons of sucking, and now expect every call, and to what...roll through the season undefeated?

Here's what I saw. A Notre Dame team overcoming adversity to nearly win a game that to be honest, they would have laid down for in the past 10 seasons. You've got a team now. Quit bitching about what could've or should've been. Of course there are a lot of Notre Dame haters saying they are overrated, there always have been, and always will be. That's what happens when you are a supporter of a team that was more than great since the 1930's. That's what happen when you have an entire culture (catholics) supporting you. That's what happens when you are America's team. Live with it, and quit fucking bitching about it, unless of course, when a team you don't like loses, and you don't say a word.

I don't know you very well Vengeance, but judging from your posts about the Irish, something tells me you are an EXTREME vocal artist when someone you deam to be on your hate list loses.

There's nothing wrong with it, that's what being a fan is all about. The only thing I CAN'T stand, is when people bitch about officiating, unless one call absolutely ends a game. The facts are this. Notre Dame overcame bad officiating to get the game into overtime. They had an EQUAL chance at winning...as a matter of fact...had a more than equal chance at winning...being that they were playing in a sea of Irish. They didn't. As Larry Coker said a few years ago after Miami got the screw job (even I admit that) against OSU, "We still should have won the game, and there's no excuse for not."

You play with what you get, and that's the bottom line.
    That's a load of shit. You're right, you don't know shit about me. I cheer hard and I hate when my team gets fucked out of a game. That's what happened yesterday. ND got fucked. Two calls- one td for State that was clearly dropped, and they don't even review the thing. Another TD for ND where replay clearly shows the ball breaking the plane and it's reviewed and STILL is not called a td. That's where the robbery comes from.

All game long flags were all over the field agaist the Irish. You can call a fucking penalty every fucking play of every fucking game if you wanted to. That's why I can't stand a game where you have a half with a lopsided penalty total.

It's fine if people hate ND, but at least they could use their brains. I'm an Eagles fan and I hate the Dallas Cowboys, but I at least admitted when they were dominant. I didn't make excuses every time they won a game. If they beat someone, I wasn't whining that their opponent was overated. Which is all I see with ND. What being supported by Catholics has to do with this, I don't know. I know plenty of Catholics who don't like ND and plenty on non-Catholics who do. I hate Florida State, but I'm not constantly screaming their opponents are overated.

When my teams get beaten, I admit it. I ripped the Eagles more than anyone last week. When my teams get screwed, I bitch about it. Don't like it, too fucking bad!

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Brett
    I was born to hate Notre Dame, and I do.

I'm also a fair football fan (at least I think), and I don't think they're overrated at all, and Weis is doing a great job with not the world's greatest talent. I give credit where credit is dude, hell I said hoped ND would be undefeated when they play USC so the game would really mean something this year again. You have had a lot to cheer about already.

Yes everyone hates ND, are you new here? That's what happens when you claim to be "god's team" and you got Knute Rockne, and great players, and great tradition, and that god damn fucking fight song. Nobody wants to see you win, except your fans. The Irish is the team everyone loves to hate and ride. Shit when most programs go down the tubes, nobody even cares. With Notre Dame, everyone cares, whether they love them or hate them.

However, they were not screwed by the officials, and your fucking bitching about that is just ridiculous man. They lost the game. Shit there were a few lousy calls against Michigan last week, and I didn't see you bitching about that. You gladly took them.

I don't mind someone being huge fan of a team or school, but to be some homer that continually believes that officiating is screwing them, the world is unfair, blah blah blah. Two teams had a chance to win yesterday, Michigan St. made the plays, they won the game. Live with it and stop crying about it.

Take a lesson from Conmee. Win with pride, lose with dignity.
    name me one fucking lousy call against Michigan last week.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well the one fumble that wasn't a fumble in the end zone for one, because there was no way the official could see enough to overturn it. You couldn't tell what the hell was going on when the ball was loose. That call never should be overturned, there was nothing at all conclusive about it. Shit even Weis said he was surprised they changed that one. That was a huge play in the game, don't ya think?. There was also a pass interference call late in the game that they let go as well. Those are two that come to mind.

You're a whiner, end of freaking story. Oh I didn't get into a car crash yesteday on the way to the game dickbrain. Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe you should just wish death, that might be better. Jackass. Rather ironic you're a fan of a Catholic school team with your fucking hateful attitude.

Shitheads like you remind me why I love seeing USC beat the hell out of you guys every year now.
    Last edited by Brett; 09-18-2005 at 07:16 PM.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You are an idiot. If you actually looked at the fucking replay, you see the white stripe on the fucking ball on the ground right away. So, why don't you just shut the fuck up. It was a fumble. Plain and simple. What, did you nt see them circling the fucking ball with the telestrator 10 times????? Obviously you're too busy hating on ND to have any objective opinion.

Fuck you. Go die.

Thread Information