Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 vh1 sam dave tour docummentry makes dave out as an ass hole - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vh1 sam dave tour docummentry makes dave out as an ass hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vh1 sam dave tour docummentry makes dave out as an ass hole

Dont get me wrong im a huge dave fan and vh aint vh without him, i couldnt give two shits for hagar but............

On the vh1 sam vs dave tour docummentary showing both singers during the tour.

sam says and the video shows: that dave wasnt interested in being friendly, he locked the door when hagr tried to talk to him, he refused to do interviews and wouldnt take up hagars offer to join him on stage and give the fans of both eras something to enjoy.

Dave badmouths sam at any opertunity and yet at the end of the tour sam even sugested a co-van halen tour, whereas roth didnt even wanna see sammy.

From watching this and even as a huge roth fan i do find that dave comes across as a real arrogant bastard, hagar on the other hand does come across as quite a layed back guy just doin whatever he enjoys.

Hagar did give dave the tour on a plate and if you look at daves album sale figures and how they diminish, you would think he would be appreciative.

Watch it!

see for yourself

Dave suggested the tour.

Besides, why would Dave want to share a stage with the Chedd rocker? It's like beating the shit outta your little brother in front of an audience. It's so easy, so why bother?
    Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

In actuality, Dave's condescending atttitude toward Sammy was actually a brilliant business decision. Not only is it "edgy," but it grabs the attention of TV Netowrks like VH-1. Alternatively, if there was no conflict, there would be no story.

Simply put - Sammy's whiny response to Dave reflects his stupidity, as Sammy could not recognize how Dave was actually benefitting them both!!!

Comment

More sheep propaganda

:p It's amazing what can be done with a little editing, doncha think? It's not like Davy Baby and Spam were best friends, anyway, plus Spam's been shitting on Dave for years with the VH sisters prior to this tour! If I was Davy Baby, I wouldn't have shit to do with his snivelling, fat, bootlegging tequila-selling bitch ass, either!

Dave was there for showtime, and showtime ONLY!

Would you 'play nice' with some lesser-qualified shithead that replaced you at your gig and trashed you alongside the bosses? I think not.
        "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
        Blackflag on DLR

Comment

Re: vh1 sam dave tour docummentry makes dave out as an ass hole

Originally posted by col5150
          Dont get me wrong im a huge dave fan and vh aint vh without him, i couldnt give two shits for hagar but............
          Dave badmouths sam at any opertunity and yet at the end of the tour sam even sugested a co-van halen tour, whereas roth didnt even wanna see sammy.

From watching this and even as a huge roth fan i do find that dave comes across as a real arrogant bastard, hagar on the other hand does come across as quite a layed back guy just doin whatever he enjoys.

Hagar did give dave the tour on a plate and if you look at daves album sale figures and how they diminish, you would think he would be appreciative.

Watch it!

see for yourself
          Have seen it. Spammy is a whining BITCH. After ALL the shit that ASS-PIRATE talked about DAVE, their supposed to be buds?!?
          WHO , other than a SHEEP, wants to see SPAM on stage with DAVE?!? Would you want to see coverdale onstage with ROBERT PLANT?!?
          Spam comes across like a conniving businessman, and DAVE like a ROCK VETERAN who has seen all the BS before.
          DAVE called SPAM to do the tour, don't re-write history.
          Spam has had HUGE solo sales?!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?
          CABO the FUCK WHAT?!? 10 13??????WTF!!!!
          Seriously, Col5150, before you open your mouth, doing a little THINKING. Get your facts straight.Useless sloganering & Idolatorist Spam rhetoric will make you seem like a dullard.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DlocRoth
            Dave suggested the tour.
            No, it was Sam's idea initially and Dave turned it down flat.

Her later reconsidered and finally accepted after Sam kept calling.
            <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

Originally posted by col5150
              ...wouldnt take up hagars offer to join him on stage and give the fans of both eras something to enjoy.
              What, and visually elevate Sam as being on the same level and make it appear as an endorsement?

Dave isn't so dense as to fall for such trickery, of which Sam is famous for.
              <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

Originally posted by RogueHorseman

I Have the Howard Stern show from May 2002 with both Dave in the studio and Spam on the phone and when Stern asked them who's idea was the Sam/Dave Tour, they both said "Dave". Then Howard asked Dave "who made the phone call" and Dave replied that he had his assistant call Sam and Sam's producer.

Sam never approached Dave to do this gig...too intimidating

Comment

Originally posted by RogueHorseman

Actually, it WAS Dave.
                  Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

Oh, thanks Meanstreet, just saw yer post.

Comment

Originally posted by meanstreet
                      I Have the Howard Stern show from May 2002 with both Dave in the studio and Spam on the phone and when Stern asked them who's idea was the Sam/Dave Tour, they both said "Dave". Then Howard asked Dave "who made the phone call" and Dave replied that he had his assistant call Sam and Sam's producer.

Sam never approached Dave to do this gig...too intimidating
                      I honestly do not remember the source at this point, but I heard the exact opposit... that Sam had his people put out feelers to Dave's people, etc. and that Dave sent back a no initially.

Have not heard the Stern interview, but I do not question you. I would however question if they were in fact "working" that as the story when in fact it wasn't how it went down. I simply can not fathom Dave doing it, and the way he avoided sharing the stage, etc., to keep his spot intact would lend to that I feel...

Comment

Perhaps they were speaking in reference to who made the call to "book it" and not who initially had the idea and sent feelers...

Did Stern use the actual word "idea", or did he instead say something more along the lines of "which one of you put this deal together?"

Comment

Spammy was playing for the camera, he was acting like the good guy. Dave was being Dave, he is not interested in fsking it. Daves goal for the tour was to show who the better performer is.and from all acounts he proved that he still is the king. diamonds are forever and fat is just fat. You have to remember that Van Hagar started all this mudslinging back in 85, and Dave is not going to forgive and forget. Can you blame him?

Comment

Sam reminds me a lot of former MLB star Kirby Puckett..........plays nice for the cameras( tries to be the everyman), but behind the scenes you know he's a completely different person. I know he doesnt beat his wife though, I'm sure she kicks the shit out of him.

Comment

Stern just basically asked who's idea was this and both concurred that it was Dave and that it started with a phone call from Dave's assistant.

Dave said things such as "There's been an acre of bad blood, a river of bad blood between us, it's unity!"

Then they flipped a friggin coin to see who would open the first night (if you recall they alternated "opening" for each other throughout the tour and Dave won and replying after he won the toss, "I'm Delighted! What time is ignition for me? 9:00?"

And then Sam started saying shit like "I'm gonna make this guy (Dave) wish he'd never done this" and, in other words, saying how Sam's goal was to try to blow Dave off the stage every night.

Dave was saying all kind of great one-liners, one is at the bottom of my signature about the "Sam I'm made of everything you're not" and "Sam's pumpin wiffle weights", classic Dave stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X