Thread: vh1 sam dave tour docummentry makes dave out as an ass hole

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-16-2018 @ 07:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

vh1 sam dave tour docummentry makes dave out as an ass hole

Dont get me wrong im a huge dave fan and vh aint vh without him, i couldnt give two shits for hagar but............

On the vh1 sam vs dave tour docummentary showing both singers during the tour.

sam says and the video shows: that dave wasnt interested in being friendly, he locked the door when hagr tried to talk to him, he refused to do interviews and wouldnt take up hagars offer to join him on stage and give the fans of both eras something to enjoy.

Dave badmouths sam at any opertunity and yet at the end of the tour sam even sugested a co-van halen tour, whereas roth didnt even wanna see sammy.

From watching this and even as a huge roth fan i do find that dave comes across as a real arrogant bastard, hagar on the other hand does come across as quite a layed back guy just doin whatever he enjoys.

Hagar did give dave the tour on a plate and if you look at daves album sale figures and how they diminish, you would think he would be appreciative.

Watch it!

see for yourself
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    04-06-2018 @ 02:53 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave suggested the tour.

Besides, why would Dave want to share a stage with the Chedd rocker? It's like beating the shit outta your little brother in front of an audience. It's so easy, so why bother?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2012 @ 12:05 PM
    Status
    Thanks

In actuality, Dave's condescending atttitude toward Sammy was actually a brilliant business decision. Not only is it "edgy," but it grabs the attention of TV Netowrks like VH-1. Alternatively, if there was no conflict, there would be no story.

Simply put - Sammy's whiny response to Dave reflects his stupidity, as Sammy could not recognize how Dave was actually benefitting them both!!!

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2023 @ 06:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

More sheep propaganda

:p It's amazing what can be done with a little editing, doncha think? It's not like Davy Baby and Spam were best friends, anyway, plus Spam's been shitting on Dave for years with the VH sisters prior to this tour! If I was Davy Baby, I wouldn't have shit to do with his snivelling, fat, bootlegging tequila-selling bitch ass, either!

Dave was there for showtime, and showtime ONLY!

Would you 'play nice' with some lesser-qualified shithead that replaced you at your gig and trashed you alongside the bosses? I think not.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

Re: vh1 sam dave tour docummentry makes dave out as an ass hole

Originally posted by col5150
    Dont get me wrong im a huge dave fan and vh aint vh without him, i couldnt give two shits for hagar but............
    Dave badmouths sam at any opertunity and yet at the end of the tour sam even sugested a co-van halen tour, whereas roth didnt even wanna see sammy.

From watching this and even as a huge roth fan i do find that dave comes across as a real arrogant bastard, hagar on the other hand does come across as quite a layed back guy just doin whatever he enjoys.

Hagar did give dave the tour on a plate and if you look at daves album sale figures and how they diminish, you would think he would be appreciative.

Watch it!

see for yourself
    Have seen it. Spammy is a whining BITCH. After ALL the shit that ASS-PIRATE talked about DAVE, their supposed to be buds?!?
    WHO , other than a SHEEP, wants to see SPAM on stage with DAVE?!? Would you want to see coverdale onstage with ROBERT PLANT?!?
    Spam comes across like a conniving businessman, and DAVE like a ROCK VETERAN who has seen all the BS before.
    DAVE called SPAM to do the tour, don't re-write history.
    Spam has had HUGE solo sales?!? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?
    CABO the FUCK WHAT?!? 10 13??????WTF!!!!
    Seriously, Col5150, before you open your mouth, doing a little THINKING. Get your facts straight.Useless sloganering & Idolatorist Spam rhetoric will make you seem like a dullard.

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-20-2009 @ 08:02 PM
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by DlocRoth
    Dave suggested the tour.
    No, it was Sam's idea initially and Dave turned it down flat.

Her later reconsidered and finally accepted after Sam kept calling.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by col5150
    ...wouldnt take up hagars offer to join him on stage and give the fans of both eras something to enjoy.
    What, and visually elevate Sam as being on the same level and make it appear as an endorsement?

Dave isn't so dense as to fall for such trickery, of which Sam is famous for.

meanstreet
    Originally posted by RogueHorseman

I Have the Howard Stern show from May 2002 with both Dave in the studio and Spam on the phone and when Stern asked them who's idea was the Sam/Dave Tour, they both said "Dave". Then Howard asked Dave "who made the phone call" and Dave replied that he had his assistant call Sam and Sam's producer.

Sam never approached Dave to do this gig...too intimidating

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by RogueHorseman

Actually, it WAS Dave.

king of cool
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh, thanks Meanstreet, just saw yer post.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by meanstreet
    I Have the Howard Stern show from May 2002 with both Dave in the studio and Spam on the phone and when Stern asked them who's idea was the Sam/Dave Tour, they both said "Dave". Then Howard asked Dave "who made the phone call" and Dave replied that he had his assistant call Sam and Sam's producer.

Sam never approached Dave to do this gig...too intimidating
    I honestly do not remember the source at this point, but I heard the exact opposit... that Sam had his people put out feelers to Dave's people, etc. and that Dave sent back a no initially.

Have not heard the Stern interview, but I do not question you. I would however question if they were in fact "working" that as the story when in fact it wasn't how it went down. I simply can not fathom Dave doing it, and the way he avoided sharing the stage, etc., to keep his spot intact would lend to that I feel...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Perhaps they were speaking in reference to who made the call to "book it" and not who initially had the idea and sent feelers...

Did Stern use the actual word "idea", or did he instead say something more along the lines of "which one of you put this deal together?"

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-22-2006 @ 03:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Spammy was playing for the camera, he was acting like the good guy. Dave was being Dave, he is not interested in fsking it. Daves goal for the tour was to show who the better performer is.and from all acounts he proved that he still is the king. diamonds are forever and fat is just fat. You have to remember that Van Hagar started all this mudslinging back in 85, and Dave is not going to forgive and forget. Can you blame him?

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    05-26-2015 @ 05:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Sam reminds me a lot of former MLB star Kirby Puckett..........plays nice for the cameras( tries to be the everyman), but behind the scenes you know he's a completely different person. I know he doesnt beat his wife though, I'm sure she kicks the shit out of him.

meanstreet
    Stern just basically asked who's idea was this and both concurred that it was Dave and that it started with a phone call from Dave's assistant.

Dave said things such as "There's been an acre of bad blood, a river of bad blood between us, it's unity!"

Then they flipped a friggin coin to see who would open the first night (if you recall they alternated "opening" for each other throughout the tour and Dave won and replying after he won the toss, "I'm Delighted! What time is ignition for me? 9:00?"

And then Sam started saying shit like "I'm gonna make this guy (Dave) wish he'd never done this" and, in other words, saying how Sam's goal was to try to blow Dave off the stage every night.

Dave was saying all kind of great one-liners, one is at the bottom of my signature about the "Sam I'm made of everything you're not" and "Sam's pumpin wiffle weights", classic Dave stuff

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-22-2006 @ 03:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

That proves my point. Even when Dave tried to get along with him Spam had to stir shit up again. Then he wonders why Dave wont party with him. Daves not a drunk fuck like Ed, Dave remembers shit the next day.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    05-06-2023 @ 04:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Re: vh1 sam dave tour docummentry makes dave out as an ass hole

Originally posted by Matt White

Seriously, Col5150, before you open your mouth, doing a little THINKING. Get your facts straight.Useless sloganering & Idolatorist Spam rhetoric will make you seem like a dullard.
    He's a spam head. Don't be fooled.

A stupid spam head

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ignorant spewing is a tell-tale sign.

guwapo_rocker
    "There's Sam again, banging on the window with a bottle of tequila

in one hand and his dick in the other."

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2018 @ 10:31 PM
    Status
    Thanks

VH1 didnt make Dave out to be an asshole, Dave IS and asshole and they merely caught it on tape.

It is quite apparent that Sammy was just trying to get a long as best he could and make the concerts fun for the fans, but Dave wanted no part of it.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-10-2012 @ 06:38 PM
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by TongueNGroove
    VH1 didnt make Dave out to be an asshole, Dave IS and asshole and they merely caught it on tape.

It is quite apparent that Sammy was just trying to get a long as best he could and make the concerts fun for the fans, but Dave wanted no part of it.
    you know what? I agree 100%. Dave is an asshole. He's hard to work with. All his past band mates have mentioned that at one time or another. But they also mentioned that he's one of the hardest rock n roll musicians on the planet and what he does, he does best. Asshole or not. Think he gives a fuck if people "like" him? Of course not. Get the fuck out of his way or get knocked down. Thats Dave.
    Sam trying to get along with Dave, screams of closet homosexuality and insecurities. Hey Sam, Dave thinks your a fucking pussy and wants, in NO WAY, to be your friend. Leave him the fuck alone. Does that make Dave the bad guy? Or is Dave just telling Sam the bold stated truth? Its a fine line. Blurred for some, but for true Roth fans, its clear. Sam is a pussy and needs to have pats on the back. Dave has entourages and kicks people in the ass. Thats the end of your sorted truth to the VH1 fable.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

What's quite apparent is that you have nothing better to do with your time than to be at a site dedicated to DLR, and bash him.

Dude, 12 year olds do that shit.

Says right on the front door, Dave and Classic VH.

There is only one asshole here ... and we know who it is.

Try some rock music once. Hagar isn't it. Montrose ended years ago, that's as close he got.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Thanks

even then... Montrose? please.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-10-2024 @ 10:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I think this tour was a waste for Dave. Why even bother with this? Everybody in the known galaxy knows Dave is a better performer and frontman. Dave shouldn't lower his standards by playing with such 70's leftovers.

I was disappointed with Dave for about five seconds when I heard about this.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

$$$. Im glad he did it. Sam bailed early making him look like a fucking pussy, and Dave the class act, took the show and ran with it. (until he sliced his melon open of course)

Chicago Chapter
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    08-16-2007 @ 10:16 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2008 @ 02:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    With Sam ... that's about as hard rock as it got ...

I'm working with nothing here ... it's Sammy for crying out loud.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

LOL true dat.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-24-2015 @ 06:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Have any of you ever heard of Dave jamming on stage with another singer or band. I never have. I think it's something he just doesn't do for whatever reason. He seems to only perform after being well rehearsed.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

WOW yer an idiot.

He was selling the tour wth the feud!!!

God-damn!!!

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

SHITE!!!!!!!!

Splooge Da Hamsta
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2015 @ 01:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

BAD ROTO ROOTER!!!!

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Baaaa.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by pete
    SHITE!!!!!!!!
    Montrose sucked Donkey balls. Some Sammy solo I can live with. As in, if it were on the radio, I would listen to a few of his songs. Older songs.

Crazy Ass Mofo

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Montrose sucked Donkey balls. Some Sammy solo I can live with. As in, if it were on the radio, I would listen to a few of his songs. Older songs.
    Oh Please.

Splooge Da Hamsta
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-16-2015 @ 01:59 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Fak....I just puked on my balls!!!! Fak!!!

Beer-It does a body good.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-18-2015 @ 11:56 PM
    Status
    Thanks

It was Sammy who started the shit talking during the tour. Dave did not want to share the stage with Sammy. OK. Get over it. Sam took that and ran with it. And as always, Sam would have to take shots at Dave during the interviews. Dave never retaliated. So it makes Dave the bigger person the one with some class and or dignity. No one gives a rats hairy ass about Sam. He has no personality. So of course he has to bash Dave. Its his way of dealing with the fact that he will always be compared to Dave and has to live with the fact that he'll never be Dave, only Dave's replacement.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 09:07 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 853 Posts

Originally posted by Antman
    It was Sammy who started the shit talking during the tour. Dave did not want to share the stage with Sammy. OK. Get over it. Sam took that and ran with it. And as always, Sam would have to take shots at Dave during the interviews. Dave never retaliated. So it makes Dave the bigger person the one with some class and or dignity. No one gives a rats hairy ass about Sam. He has no personality. So of course he has to bash Dave. Its his way of dealing with the fact that he will always be compared to Dave and has to live with the fact that he'll never be Dave, only Dave's replacement.
    That's what I've been saying about the Sam & Dave Show all along. Thusly, it's worth a five star vote! Fuck Hagar and fuck VH1. DAVE OR THE GRAVE!!!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    06-10-2005 @ 03:34 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by meanstreet
    And then Sam started saying shit like "I'm gonna make this guy (Dave) wish he'd never done this" and, in other words, saying how Sam's goal was to try to blow Dave off the stage every night.
    Hammy may have BLOWN Dave onstage but would NEVER have blown him off stage with a fucking hurricane.I read a guy's report of a gig he went to on that tour where Dave opened and when he finished the front rows cleared.When Hagar played "Eagles Fly" people went to the bar.I read this on a general music site not a Van Halen/Van Hagar site.

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    01-03-2021 @ 04:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Yea, Sams just trying to get along.............

The show I went to (and I know it happened at others), Spam tears up a picture of Ed V. Spam talks shit. Dave says nothing. WHO'S just trying to get along Rodney????

My idea of fun at a DLR concert is NOT seeing a duet with spam. And I dont think your gonna find twenty people on the planet that would disagree...........

Thread Information