Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Van Hagar trouble reported on WDVE PITTSBURGH Tuesday morning.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

More Van Hagar trouble reported on WDVE PITTSBURGH Tuesday morning.

I was driving to work Tuesday morning listening to DVE and Val Porter the news girl comes on tells about how theres trouble in Van hagar... saying Edward fired Sams road crew and Sam and Ed HATE one another again and Sam has threatened to walk out on the tour several times already... She went on to tell how Sam has already planned a solo winter tour opening for Nugent . Porter then went on to say she seen them in Vegas and it was very obvious that the band was split into two different parts Sam and Anthony and Ed and his sister ALEX, then the djs Randy and Jim joined in and said you know ....somethings wrong when Van Halen can`t sell out in Pittsburgh and went on to say of course Pittsburgh has and always was a DAVE TOWN...And Van halen as it is now ....is irrelevant.

THERE IS NO VAN HALEN WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "It's About Time" they saw the writing on the wall. You either do it for the music and the fans or you do it for money. If you do it for money then this is the half-assed result - serves them right. I bet they sit back, blame eachother and wonder how they ever could have fucked this whole thing up..
    Go home the Earth is full....

Starwood
    Starwood loves a good old-fashioned train wreck.

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by sambo
    "It's About Time" they saw the writing on the wall. You either do it for the music and the fans or you do it for money. If you do it for money then this is the half-assed result - serves them right. I bet they sit back, blame eachother and wonder how they ever could have fucked this whole thing up..
    They will blame David Lee Roth.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was at the San Jose Van Hagar show and Eddie was just standing there looking down and playing. Or may I say trying to play. Ed was clearly in his own world that night and when Sammy would come over to him trying to get Ed into the show more, Eddie would just glare at Sammy.

Notice when Gary Cherone was the lead singer, Eddie was doing interviews like crazy. He was out there. On this new Van Hagar tour Eddie isn't doing interviews and is walking right off the stage into his limo and getting the hell out of Dodge.

This whole tour strikes me as a quick money grab.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Full On Cocktard

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's inevitable that this lineup of the band will come an end on bad terms. Personally, when it happens, I can't wait to see all the suckups at the links go absolutely nuts over the news. "Where did this come from?" "But Sammy said they were getting along!" Yeah, Sammy says a lot of things. Like about how Van Hagar sold more albums than Van Roth, which anyone with more than two brain cells knows isn't true. And, if the band decides to get back in form and get Dave back, then watching the people over at the links would be even MORE hilarious, seeing all the sheep whine about how the Ched Rocker isn't on the tour and they're not going. Great, maybe someone with real taste in music and a real set of balls will buy their tickets, which shouldn't be a problem since a Dave-fronted VH would sell out arenas within hours.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If VH do a Dave tour, there should be a sheep screening policy at all venues for all the disbelieving Spam fans who suddenly embrace Roth.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Call me optimistic, but do you think this discourse could be because ED was on stage one night and said "man this guy is a wanker". People do see the light. AA is founded on that (something Ed ought to check out again). Perhaps fences can be mended. Everyone needs to be the 50 year old they are and realize this is it, end of the line. This is the last lap of the race.

Let's hope they do and go out in style.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well put.. it is indeed "the last lap of the race". Like anything I guess, you are only as good as your last game. Is this the way they want to be remembered?

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We can only hope this is true.

There was a Van Hagar review a few weeks ago, can't remember which one, in which the writer said Sammy tried to give Eddie a hug and Eddie just glared at him before pushing him away!

I'm convinced Eddie was pushed into doing this reunion by Alex, who has demonstrated many times over the last few years that he has no business running this band.

Looking out from the stage at the thousands of empty seats must be a very sobering experience for the brothers.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, this is over. It's over already...shit, they can't even keep the bad press and bad feelings out of the media. It's THAT obvious.

Even when it was going bad with Roth in '85, nobody really knew about it until the very last moment...the last concert in September, well, shit, everybody looked like they were having a great time by all indications (I wouldn't know, I was all of about 11 years old, heh).

They may as well do themselves the favor and end it now. Alex has ran this fucking band into the ground...maybe the above mentioned idea was right and Ed was coerced into doing this by Alex. Ed fired Hagar due to his shit-ass lyrics and the fact that Hagar's a solo artist singing for Van Halen and a Van Halen vocalist who's more worried about his own solo career, right?

Well, shit, man, I could have told Ed nothing would have changed over eight years! Sam's still a solo artist who won't do any Roth material that he doesn't have to and this whole fucking game is crumbling like the house of cards it is.

Last lap, indeed. They better pump on the speed one way or another for the home stretch, because this is just about it.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by sambo
    If VH do a Dave tour, there should be a sheep screening policy at all venues for all the disbelieving Spam fans who suddenly embrace Roth.
    Lol!

The sheep will turn up in their thousands. They don't like to admit it, but most of them know what the real deal is, and they can't wait to see it like the rest of us.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Alex is a lying sack of shit. The real reason he used to wear a neckbrace is the fucker rolled his car and injured his spine. While on the VH3 tour Alex would say he injured his neck water skiing.

I cannot picture Shemp on water skis.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Halen High
    The sheep will turn up in their thousands. They don't like to admit it, but most of them know what the real deal is, and they can't wait to see it like the rest of us.
    I told Brett "The Shepherd" Norton the same thing over at the links, LONG before I came over here and that pussy was spouting off about how he was going to be "Done with Van Halen because, even if they brought Roth back, it'd just be too much screwing around with the fans and I won't put up with it!" yadda yadda yadda...insert some more self-righteous bullshit and you'll get the sum of it.

He said I was full of shit. I said he was full of shit, and that if he was a, oh, how does he put it?...oh yes, a "REAL VAN HALEN FAN", he'd "SUPPORT THE BAND NO MATTER WHO WAS SINGING"(c)(Brett "The Shepherd" Norton Trademarks, Ltd.)

I was promptly banned, LMAO!

But you know FUCKIN' A WELL that he'll be right out there with the rest of us buying his ticket and putting it in his greasy little hand, lol

Deep down, the Sheep know whats up.

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and I bet the sheep don't have the balls to design / wear a t-shirt saying "Hagar is Van Halen" cos they know the truth.... (and the consequences). They can't really believe that for a second - seriously.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't know...there's some dumb fuck over there that has something like : "Hagar made Van Halen better - deal with it!" or something equally fucking stupid as his signature. What a fuckin' dipshit. I mean, really!

Not EVERY human needs a brain to function, apparently.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "It's 5,150 Time!!!"
    "Look at all the EMPTY SEATS here tonight!!!"
    " Wham!!! Bam!!! Van Hagar is in a JAM!!!"

FUCK YOU Van Hagar!!!!!!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's 5150 time alright.. that was prolly the number of PAYING attendees (not total attendance) at their gigs...if you take away the free tickets...

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's the joke Sambo. "5,150 is tonights attendance."

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Van Halen has been over for a long time now...

this news is irrelevent...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Van Halen is Eddie, Dave, Mike, and Alex. Period. Back in the past it didn't bother me so much with Sammy in the band. But by the time Balance hit, I got tired of Sam's shit of saying how Van Hagar outsold Van Halen. Bullshit!! VH and 1984 both went Diamond. Believe me, Roth is my first choice, and I'll take Gary over Sammy any day.

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nitro Express
    I
    Or may I say trying to play.

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: More Van Hagar trouble reported on WDVE PITTSBURGH Tuesday morning.

Originally posted by SRK
    I was driving to work Tuesday morning listening to DVE and Val Porter the news girl comes on tells about how theres trouble in Van hagar... saying Edward fired Sams road crew and Sam and Ed HATE one another again and Sam has threatened to walk out on the tour several times already... She went on to tell how Sam has already planned a solo winter tour opening for Nugent . Porter then went on to say she seen them in Vegas and it was very obvious that the band was split into two different parts Sam and Anthony and Ed and his sister ALEX, then the djs Randy and Jim joined in and said you know ....somethings wrong when Van Halen can`t sell out in Pittsburgh and went on to say of course Pittsburgh has and always was a DAVE TOWN...And Van halen as it is now ....is irrelevant.

THERE IS NO VAN HALEN WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH.
    Thanks for the report! Awesome stuff!
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

The Ox
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't want David Lee Roth back in Van Halen while Eddie sucks and Alex looks like Agent Smith from the Matrix. Michael Anthony's the only one who hasn't changed.
    HE'S STILL SHIT!

But it'd be a dissapointment to hear Dave backed by a bad guitarist who's had his day.
    Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "Michael Anthony's the only one who hasn't changed.
    HE'S STILL SHIT!"

bwaaahahahhahahahahahahaha !!!

DAVE OR THE GRAVE BABY!!!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The only changing Mike's done is in the weight department

is fuckin' yer girlfriend
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Matt White
    "It's 5,150 Time!!!"
    AAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!

I'd vote for you twice if I could, bro!!!
    "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
    "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
    "Fuck you, Fluffy."
    "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
    "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
    "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
    "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
    "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
    "N--- yeah."

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Hecubus
    AAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!

I'd vote for you twice if I could, bro!!!
    Same here bro!!!

"Look at all the empty seats at the Van Hagar show tonight!!!!"

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Matt White
    Same here bro!!!

"Look at all the empty seats at the Van Hagar show tonight!!!!"

DAVE OR THE GRAVE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!
    That's alright...when we finally get our Dave reunion and get the REAL show on the road...all this will fade like a bad dream...sellouts across the board...

There will, though, actually be PLENTY of empty seats because all of the crazy ass DLR VH fans are going to be going BAT SHIT all night long! Mother fuckers DONT SIT DOWN when Roth is doing the biz...cuz that biz, man, takes good care of me!

As far as the Hagar elitists?

To paraphrase my avatar:

"(They) will join us or DIE, master..."

Last edited by bueno bob; 10-10-2004 at 12:46 AM.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They will die BOB. They'll turn their attention to Toby keith, Jimmy Buffett, and Tim McGraw. They never got into VAN HALEN. DAVID LEE ROTH made them uncomfortable & jealous. They weren't HIP enough to dig VAN HALEN. Or, they weren't BORN when VAN HALEN were at the height of their powers, so they only love the cheesy POWER BALLADS of Van Hagar. So, when Spam is gone, so are they. And I, for one, say GET THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!

FUCK YOU Van Hagar SHEEP!!!!!!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Make it two, my good man...make it two

Banned
    Millions $ Man

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Making my Summer residence in Southern California
    Status
    No way! Van Halens the number 1 heavy metal group RIGHT NOW. I went to the Staples show and there is a lots of people there. The place packed. Sammy sings good and Eddies playing good. You can see they having great time. Other city may not have that many people who know? But I study US economony and RIGHT NOW we in downturn because of Iraq war. We are on state recession. RIGHT NOW heavy metal is not to famous like in 1984 when i come to US. Britney Spears, Janet Jackson, they are more famous than Van Halen RIGHT NOW. David Lee Roth sings for Van Halen before over twenty years ago. RIGHT NOW sammy sings. I see no different if David sing. Bad economics RIGHT NOW and people dont pay money when time like this.

VHROCKS!!!

Banned
    GUNT

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Tom Vu
    Me so Horny

Me love you long time!
    Oh Hop Sing!!!!

Have you ever talked to a woman without having to give your credit card number?

Don't fuck with me!!!!!!

I don't fuck around!!!

Ask the sock-puppet man!!!

Ask the sock puppet!!!

Noche de Ronda en la Ciud
    Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Halen High
    We can only hope this is true.

There was a Van Hagar review a few weeks ago, can't remember which one, in which the writer said Sammy tried to give Eddie a hug and Eddie just glared at him before pushing him away!

I'm convinced Eddie was pushed into doing this reunion by Alex, who has demonstrated many times over the last few years that he has no business running this band.

Looking out from the stage at the thousands of empty seats must be a very sobering experience for the brothers.
    I believe it. I was at the Albuquerque show, and those two guys looked like they hated each other. There was no "Eddie and Sam" love, just the Sammy Hagar hour, and the Eddie Van Halen, "look at me, I'm a rock star with abs!" show. Fu*king dull. Eddie sounded "ok" but I'll say this much. 2 years ago at the same venue for the Sammy vs. Dave tour, Sammy also sounded "ok"....But Diamond Dave STOLE the show. as usual. It would have SUCKED to watch Sammy sipping blue margarita's onstage while his old VH1 videos played in the backgrond, in his pajamas play the main event..... Dave had a guy, an Oriental guy who could easily teach Eddie a thing or two about his own licks. That guy sounded like Eddie wishes he still could. And Dave kicked major Glutes! He was ripped to the bone, six pack abs that Eddie dreams about while he's doing crunches, and sounded like he did off the digitally remastered albums, he even had the screams down, which Sammy WONT bother attempting. The crowd absolutley ERUPTED when he took the stage to "Hot for Teacher" and he played an incredible set from Van Halen-1984. ALL the hot classics inbetween.

Roth will reign again. I'd like to see him on tour with another big act, like Aerosmith and KISS did. This era of Van Hagar will last as long as the laughable Cherone Era. Because Roth is like a certain great white shark off the coast of Amity that got blown up....."Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....."

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Tom Vu
    No way! Van Halens the number 1 heavy metal group RIGHT NOW. I went to the Staples show and there is a lots of people there. The place packed. Sammy sings good and Eddies playing good. You can see they having great time. Other city may not have that many people who know? But I study US economony and RIGHT NOW we in downturn because of Iraq war. We are on state recession. RIGHT NOW heavy metal is not to famous like in 1984 when i come to US. Britney Spears, Janet Jackson, they are more famous than Van Halen RIGHT NOW. David Lee Roth sings for Van Halen before over twenty years ago. RIGHT NOW sammy sings. I see no different if David sing. Bad economics RIGHT NOW and people dont pay money when time like this.

VHROCKS!!!
    Dude, put down the fuckin' crack pipe for a minute, OK?

I see you are in need of further education.

First off, Van Halen is "rock and roll" or "hard rock", if you prefer. By all standards, they are NOT a "heavy metal" band. If you need a good reference point, look at the first three or four albums from Metallica, some Iron Maiden and/or Judas Priest, perhaps some Black Sabbath for the gloomier/bluesier side of metal. I can actually give you a list of several notable acts that never really made it big otherwise that could give you a good roundabout of what metal is all about if you're interested. And if I actually deign it worth my time to bother with you.

Before you go spouting off about who the number one "heavy metal" band is right now, I suggest you go look at sales of Best of Both Worlds. You might be in for a terrible shock, my friend. Van Halen is NOT on "top of the world" "RIGHT NOW" (by the way, quit capitalizing right now, it makes me sick).

Sammy sings like he always does - constipated and anal and over bearing. Sam's vocal range can hit several considerable highs, but that does not make him a "great singer" by any stretch of imagination, nor does it even mean that he's performing up to Sammy Hagar standards. His voice is weakening, and it's been readily apparent in the bootlegs from this tour I've heard (and before you ask, slapnuts, I haven't gone to any shows and I don't have any fuckin' plans to do so).

As far as other cities not having a lot of people in them, you should do some research on attendance figures. If you're not too damn lazy to do it yourself, there are several interesting links and messages with the numbers here on the board. In their own backyard, they barely got the doors open with the piss-poor turnout. That's CALIFORNIA, numbnuts. No people in California? Maybe not And the economic downturn has NOTHING to do with it.

Giving people what they WANT TO SEE does!!!

Let me tell you something, SHEEP - If you were watching your American TV back in 1996, VAN HALEN (using that name by it's most strictest terms) made it's first public appearance since 1985 and it was the BIGGEST GOD DAMN THING going on in the music world RIGHT THEN. If you think for a SECOND that the American public isn't interested in a DLR reunion, FOR FULL AND FOR TRUE, you're outta your God damned mind. Just watching MTV when they stepped out on the stage was world changing for ALL 4 of them, I guarantee you.

Because, in case you missed it - THE WHOLE GOD DAMN PLANET forgot that Sammy Hagar had EVER happened. 10 years of history vanished in the blink of an eye.

And all because of Ed? No. Mike? Shit, do you need to ask? Alex? He'd probably tell you so, but the answer is still "NO".

All because the REAL Van Halen was back, and that VAN HALEN is one man, and ONE MAN ONLY - DAVID LEE ROTH!

You WILL learn to accept the truth and I will educate you EVERY SINGLE TIME you make idiotic statements like that!!!

SHEEP!

I nominate Tom Vu for this weeks honorary pen dweller. Rikk?

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tom Vu - seconded..

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Tom Vu can't be for real.........ah what the fuck throw him in the pen Rikk! It's been slow lately anyway..........

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, consider this - he says he's been in America for 20 years and yet he STILL hasn't got any grasp of proper english?

It's either a fake or a Fab

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Johnny Alucard
    I believe it. I was at the Albuquerque show, and those two guys looked like they hated each other. (...)Because Roth is like a certain great white shark off the coast of Amity that got blown up....."Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....."
    welcome to the army, mr alucard...enjoy and stay away from the cabo wabo...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I went to the September 16 show here in Jacksonville, and I cannot begin to expressed how much that show sucked! People were getting up and moving around throughout, but Sam's interlude was used as the main beer intake or beer outlet braek. It was HORRIBLE. I would not have thought Van Hagar could sound so bad, what with Sam's supposed 'musicianship'. They really have to stop this train wreck immediately. PEACE.

Thread Information