Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Van Hagar trouble reported on WDVE PITTSBURGH Tuesday morning.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

and welcome steviedelray...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    02-10-2008 @ 08:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Well I for one have been of the mix for a long time and never really understood the break up of VHin the 80's to begin with. I know there's he said/he said stories. Ed and Dave could no longer get along. BUT other than the name Van Halen, how the hell did that become Eddie and Alex's band. Dave was VH. Eddie was and still is a guitar God, Alex was an ok drummer and Michael(I know three chords) Anthony just flat out was horrific. People have been saying for years that Dave got kicked out of the band. How do you get kicked out of your band. So what, he wasn't the original singer in the Van Halen's garage. But weren't they first known a Mammoth. Van Halen was and still is an awesome name but Dave was the key to that band. I think Dave should have done a round house kick on them punks and straightened the shit out right then and there back in '85. The band is dead as far as getting back together. I may take some heat for this but I'm not really sure I would go to a reunion concert if ever there was one. I think it's cool to watch the VH1 documentaries on Dave. Just listening to him about the good ole days takes me back to an era I'll never forget
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 09:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 859 Posts

Originally posted by steviedelray
    I went to the September 16 show here in Jacksonville, and I cannot begin to expressed how much that show sucked! People were getting up and moving around throughout, but Sam's interlude was used as the main beer intake or beer outlet braek. It was HORRIBLE. I would not have thought Van Hagar could sound so bad, what with Sam's supposed 'musicianship'. They really have to stop this train wreck immediately. PEACE.
    So you see, we DO know what we're talking about

I heard ya missed us...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-03-2009 @ 07:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by SRK
    I was driving to work Tuesday morning listening to DVE and Val Porter the news girl comes on tells about how theres trouble in Van hagar... saying Edward fired Sams road crew and Sam and Ed HATE one another again and Sam has threatened to walk out on the tour several times already... She went on to tell how Sam has already planned a solo winter tour opening for Nugent . Porter then went on to say she seen them in Vegas and it was very obvious that the band was split into two different parts Sam and Anthony and Ed and his sister ALEX, then the djs Randy and Jim joined in and said you know ....somethings wrong when Van Halen can`t sell out in Pittsburgh and went on to say of course Pittsburgh has and always was a DAVE TOWN...And Van halen as it is now ....is irrelevant.

THERE IS NO VAN HALEN WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH.
    This is one of the most relieving, comforting, 'I told you so', 'suspicions confirmed', 'I knew it all along', 'Finally the truth comes out' posts that I've ever seen.

SRK...I'm proud of you, son. Take a bow, amd make sure that there ain't no Hagaritas behind you first.

The Cosmic Shame
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-06-2010 @ 12:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Here's my thing:
    I think Ed and Al looked at the ticket sales for people like Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, The Rolling Stones, The Eagles, Sting, Elton John, etc. and figured "Why aren't we getting in on some of that nostalgia action?" They figured that they could re-form, charge the vh-1 crowd $50-$100 a head, and make a bank.

So, problem one: We need a singer..... Well, Daves out. We've burned him already so he's going to demand lawyers and contracts. Plus, he won't sing any of those "classic" Sam songs.

Sam, on the other hand, will sing Dave songs, is always willing to be duped, and isn't working anyway. Plus, he's still friends with Mikey..... Reel him in!!!

So, they get Sam, crank out a hits record (the second straight, if you really think about it. There's no VH3 songs on that thing) and roll with it.

Now they can't get along again..... big deal. They'll go away for another 4 years or so and then..... SAM'S BACK! It's a whole new thing this time.... Ed's gotten sober again, he and Al have gotten married a couple more times, Ed's had another cancer scare and he has a whole new perspective on life.... Good times for Van Hagar. For about six months and then it'll fall apart again and the cycle will repeat.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by fe_lung
    Here's my thing:
    I think Ed and Al looked at the ticket sales for people like Springsteen, (....) Good times for Van Hagar. For about six months and then it'll fall apart again and the cycle will repeat.
    sad but true...

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,285 Times in 1,503 Posts

Blog Entries
    Had always thought the whole Van Halen 3 debacle (which, start to finish, lasted from October of 1996 to November of 1999) was the band bottoming out. After Cherone left, seemed like there was nowhere to go but up.

What has happened to the band since then isn't even a lateral move. They're moving backwards into an era (1986-1995) that I didn't care about in the first place, and it isn't sounding any better the second time around.

Pitiful way for them to wind down their career. Started with a bang, took the world by storm for 6 years then a slow, downhill slide. Could never have envisioned this back in the day.

"I don't wanna remember what the team turned into after I left. Makes me question what it was when I was a member."

DLR 1997

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by sambo
    If VH do a Dave tour, there should be a sheep screening policy at all venues for all the disbelieving Spam fans who suddenly embrace Roth.
    Easy, put a bottle of Cabo Wabo and a bottle of JD in front of them. Only the Cabo Wabo will be filled with dish water. If they start to chug that JD then give em front row seats.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2021 @ 08:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Wait correction on the front seats, must also be a tall athletic blonde with big tits and shaved pussy.

Kramer Guitar Freak
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2007 @ 03:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Who knows what's real and what's false with this band? Certianly not the dj's of the world, especially since the members of the band don't even know.

Shaun

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-20-2009 @ 08:02 PM
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by kcmusician
    Who knows what's real and what's false with this band? Certianly not the dj's of the world, especially since the members of the band don't even know.

Shaun
    Damn, KC... you made a statement I can't really argue with! LOL...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2015 @ 08:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Johnny Alucard
    I believe it. I was at the Albuquerque show, and those two guys looked like they hated each other. There was no "Eddie and Sam" love, just the Sammy Hagar hour, and the Eddie Van Halen, "look at me, I'm a rock star with abs!" show. Fu*king dull. Eddie sounded "ok" but I'll say this much. 2 years ago at the same venue for the Sammy vs. Dave tour, Sammy also sounded "ok"....But Diamond Dave STOLE the show. as usual. It would have SUCKED to watch Sammy sipping blue margarita's onstage while his old VH1 videos played in the backgrond, in his pajamas play the main event..... Dave had a guy, an Oriental guy who could easily teach Eddie a thing or two about his own licks. That guy sounded like Eddie wishes he still could. And Dave kicked major Glutes! He was ripped to the bone, six pack abs that Eddie dreams about while he's doing crunches, and sounded like he did off the digitally remastered albums, he even had the screams down, which Sammy WONT bother attempting. The crowd absolutley ERUPTED when he took the stage to "Hot for Teacher" and he played an incredible set from Van Halen-1984. ALL the hot classics inbetween.

Roth will reign again. I'd like to see him on tour with another big act, like Aerosmith and KISS did. This era of Van Hagar will last as long as the laughable Cherone Era. Because Roth is like a certain great white shark off the coast of Amity that got blown up....."Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....."
    Great post!

Mr. Awesome
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    01-23-2006 @ 09:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I didn't hear that, but it's no suprise. DVE is a great station, and are always partial to the Dave-era. Pittsburgh is without a doubt a Dave town!!

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    10-06-2015 @ 11:54 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Halen High
    Looking out from the stage at the thousands of empty seats must be a very sobering experience for the brothers.
    Nuff said. That is why Dave will be back soon.

Which wallet is yours?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-07-2023 @ 10:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks

i'm not sure if dave could fix things...unless he had TOTAL control. especially over alex van dick licker. it's like dave himself said during the 1999 tour in an interview. i'm not sure exactly word for word what he said, but it was something to the tune of "everybody on the team has to do their part to make things right. you can't just pop diamond dave into the mix and all of the sudden the sun comes up." i'm afraid i'm gonna have to agree with dave on that one. there's only so much one human being can do.

DLR Army Mod Emeritus
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-10-2022 @ 10:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

As much as I hate to personally capitalize on the grief of others, I......uh......um.......WHO THE FUCK AM I KIDDING?!?!? I LOVE THIS SHIT!!!!!!

Thread Information