Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2016 @ 07:32 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Van Halen Rockline 1984...ready to download

go here

You must be a member and logged in to download.

Enjoy!
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Right on, I havent heard this since it originally aired, thanx PA Rental......
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

is fuckin' yer girlfriend
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 07:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks

This is one of the coolest Rocklines I never heard....

Don't tell me it was always a headache....those guys were having a blast in there....

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

They were...but where was Eddie?

Just Me And My Ganja....
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    12-09-2017 @ 06:01 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I once talked to Judas Priest on that Rockline show around 1985-86, the only drag was it was almost impossible to get through, you would have to call in like 2 hours before the show and wait forever, and when you got your question in they would hang right up on you so you couldnt say anything else, but it was still kinda cool, I mentioned this chick from high schools name (She was a HUGE Priest fan) and played her the tape, she went nuts, was a great way to get a date with her, lol...
    You sure couldnt tell Dave would be leaving VH by that interview, sounds like they were having a blast.....

Noodles
    thanks, PA-man! Cool post. great quality, even after 20 yrs... (good ol' Maxell, huh).

i remember this one ... at the time, i didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the VH Rockline from August '82. too many dumb-kids calling in with their annoying little chipmunk-voiced, stupid questions.

fun to hear again, but i still didn't laff-out-loud like i did that summer nite in '82 (VH *was* summertime to me '78 - 83, all their LPs came out in the spring, they always came thru MI in summertime). Rockline '82, the guys seemed a lot more genuinely-whacky, less forced-fun (it was supposedly being broadcast from aftershow backstage, Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN) ...

of course, no Eddie that nite either (at least they "explained" why he wasn't there ... "going thru a religious experience, hahahah").

i have that '82 Rockline on an old cassette ... but, no easy way to format it as MP3 or BT SHS or whatever. hmmmm, perhaps at Matt's studio...

oh. the song tacked onto the end is "79th & Sunset" ... an old Humble Pie tune. Dave played/covered it during an interview (InnerView was the program) with LA RockGuyDeeJay, Jim Ladd ... '79, '80 ??? just Dave and his guitar. don't know how you ended-up with that on your tape from '84.

ahhh, just my two-cents. and, really --- if you guys can find '82 Rockline, it probably won't be as funny after listening to this '84 show. they used pretty much all the same lines/shtick/gags. cooler music on their bkstg boombox, tho (Hank Williams, Dean Martin, The Music Man sntrk). and, way more variety in callers/questions... Alex has some GREAT advice for a frustrated female-drummer from Missoula, MT. funny, but cruel as hell (that's the last call-in, as i recall).

outttt .... Noodles

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hey Noodles...thanks for the info. I didnt realize that Dave could play guitar like that, so I assumed that it was Eddie. My bad. Now that you mention it, the Jim Ladd interview reference does sound familiar...that tape had been in a box in my attic for twenty years. I listened to it every day for a while after I recorded it, and then it went away. I thought I had lost it for a long time, then it turned up!

Hey, about your 82 Rockline tape...I know you probably wont, but you could send it to me and I could transfer/burn to CD. (I wouldnt blame you if you didnt send it, I know that I wouldnt send a prized possession like that to a stranger). But just know that I am a collector and an archiver. I save everything, and I save everything well (plastic sleeves, matted/framed, etc...) I am also a man of my word. You would get it back, no problem. I am interested in sharing the Van Halen that people have stashed away on old cassettes. I know that there has got to be some awesome stuff out there.

anyway, no hard feelings if you say no. But if no, then I want you to figure out how to get the cassette to CD. Its not that hard. Just hook a boom-box headphone jack up to the "line-in" jack on the back of your computer, download free software to record, and thats all it takes!

Well it sounds like you know your VH, so I hope to see more posts from you around here!

Noodles
    that's all it takes? really ... well, i can give it a try, then. what's the free software you'd recommend i use?

if it doesn't work for whatever reason, i don't mind sending you the tape, my man ... i can tell you are indeed a careful archiver and an intelligent guy who pays attention to detail. it would follow that you're a man of your word.

so, let me know and i'll keep you posted. (probably a PM would be appropriate now -- shoulda thought of that myself)

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The software that I used is available at http://www.polderbits.com/

It is a free download, but it is only good for 14 days.

I went to Best Buy and bought 6' Stereo Mini Cable that has the mini-headphone jack on both ends. I plugged one end into the headphone jack of my boom box and the other end into the "line in" spot in back of my computer...that's it!

Give it a try...

jengis
    Thanx a lot ! Cool stuff .. Eddie noodling on the guitar freaked me out !
    Thumbs up for you bro !

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

on second thought, dont use the Polderbits sound recorder...it sucks. Im noticing some skips and blips in the recordings. Try and find GoldWave...its much better (so far.)

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Just did some looking around...VHboots.com has shows the 2-LP bootleg "Rules Are For Fools" with the track 'Real Go Getter' listed on it. This must be the source for the 'Unreleased' Track at the end of the Rockline interview.

VHboots thinks that its Eddie and Dave as well...

diamondave

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot man,sounds great.Really appreciate hearing such cool vintage intreviews.

Thread Information