Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angel
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

BUWAHAHAHAHA!!! (But, do you know what a touque is?)
    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

A hat worn in winter, eh! I lived 73 miles west of Windsor, ON, so I now quite a bit about Canada, plus there is about as many minor league hockey teams in Michigan as the number of NHL teams in Canada. As for the way the canadian government is run, I'm not gonna base an opinion since I'm not a citizen. But I'll trade you 4 NHL hockey teams (Phoenix, Florida, Tampa Bay and L.A.) for the Toronto Blue Jays! Who the hell decided to put a hockey team in a place with no ice? That's blasphemy! GO RED WINGS!

Comment

• Angel
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

BLUE JAYS? You would take the only team we have left up here?

If you want to voice your opinion on our govt, go ahead. You may not be a citizen, but you know what a touque is... therefore you DO know something about Canada! We don't mind people voicing opinions, if they know what the fuck they are talking about!
        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• BITEYOASS
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel

If you want to voice your opinion on our govt, go ahead. You may not be a citizen, but you know what a touque is... therefore you DO know something about Canada! We don't mind people voicing opinions, if they know what the fuck they are talking about!
          All right, the Canadian military basically needs new equipment (i.e. 40 year helicopters that need to be replaced) and enough troop strength that amounts to one infantry regiment per province and one artillery regiment per 3 infantry regiments. Which would amount to 4 regular divisions and 1 reserve. Because I find it odd that the entire troop strength and fiscal budget of the USMC(The US military branch with the least amount of money) outnumbers that of the CAF. Just to let you know of my distant canadian roots, the brother-in-law of my late great grandmother served in the Canadian army during WWI, she told me when I asked her about the unit pin that was framed on the wall of her apartment.
          Only thing we have in common with the CAF is that we've got some 30-40 year old helicopters also, but I blame that on the USAF since they get too much damn money. Those missle silos we got are a waste of money and are for air force officers who fail flight school, cruise missles carried by heavy bombers and SSBNs work better.

Now for the health care budget problems in Canada, just turn in some of the terrorists living there and your government will receive reward money, that solves the problem.

Aw c'mon! It's a 4 for 1 offer! Place em in Winnepeg, Quebec City, Hamilton and Halifax if you prefer. Speaking of hockey, if your ever in Michigan, don't ever say Go Avalanche! to a crowd of Red Wings fans. It's like saying Go Leafs! in Montreal.

Comment

• Kristy
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Er...GO AVALANCHE!

Red Wings have and always will suck.

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
              All right, the Canadian military basically needs new equipment (i.e. 40 year helicopters that need to be replaced) and enough troop strength that amounts to one infantry regiment per province and one artillery regiment per 3 infantry regiments. Which would amount to 4 regular divisions and 1 reserve. Because I find it odd that the entire troop strength and fiscal budget of the USMC(The US military branch with the least amount of money) outnumbers that of the CAF. Just to let you know of my distant canadian roots, the brother-in-law of my late great grandmother served in the Canadian army during WWI, she told me when I asked her about the unit pin that was framed on the wall of her apartment.
              Only thing we have in common with the CAF is that we've got some 30-40 year old helicopters also, but I blame that on the USAF since they get too much damn money. Those missle silos we got are a waste of money and are for air force officers who fail flight school, cruise missles carried by heavy bombers and SSBNs work better.

Now for the health care budget problems in Canada, just turn in some of the terrorists living there and your government will receive reward money, that solves the problem.

Aw c'mon! It's a 4 for 1 offer! Place em in Winnepeg, Quebec City, Hamilton and Halifax if you prefer. Speaking of hockey, if your ever in Michigan, don't ever say Go Avalanche! to a crowd of Red Wings fans. It's like saying Go Leafs! in Montreal.
              I tip my hat to you, sir! However, the health care problems would also be taken care of by LEGALIZING marijuana, taxing it, and using the money for health care...

Comment

• WACF
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

I agree, well done!

Our forces have been raped for decades....sad but true.
                We live in a dream world where we think we need a "peacekeeping" army.
                You can not keep or maintain peace unless you have the muscle to back it up.
                You would not send a 120lb man to break up a fight between two men weighing 220lbs....the Canadian people can not grasp that.
                The government plays on that misconception in order to syphon money from the military.
                Sad.....

Health care needs a beuarocratic overhaul...way too top heavy in administration.
                Liberal governments have a habit of filling offices with friends....

As for legalizing marijuana and taxing it....I can not believe it has not already happened....

Comment

• WACF
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Er...GO AVALANCHE!

Red Wings have and always will suck.
                  ...sigh....it should still be Go NORDIQUES....

Comment

• JimmytheWurm
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Oct 2004

I tip my hat to you, sir! However, the health care problems would also be taken care of by LEGALIZING marijuana, taxing it, and using the money for health care...
                    ALL DRUGS SHOULD BE LEGAL EVERYWHERE. Let the people who can't handle it OD on heroine, survival of the fittest. Population Control. Maybe some of these dumbasses who can't even take part in an intelligent discussion will disappear.

There is one issue I thought that this thread would lead to, and that is the discussion of the difference between the way Canadians and Americans police their respective citizens. Isn't it true that Canadian Mounted Police will show a drunk man home while I get arrested for walking home drunk from the bar instead of getting into a car with my drunk driving friend? Even after telling the cop that my friend was probably drunk driving past us as we spoke, he said "you did the right thing, but I still have to take you in and fine you."

This country is fucked up in the sense that our law enforcement is all about attacking us and making money as if they are really a business of their own instead of being there to help people. With all the horrible things I have seen and been put through by crappy law enforcement I wonder if the average cop cares less for the average American Citizen than your typical lawyer or politician?

What we need is a group of people who care enough to organize of Americans out to protect Americans, then you will truly have a task force making a positive impact on this country instead of one that is out to catch speeders and drug dealers to meet their quota.

Comment

• Angel
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by JimmytheWurm
                      ALL DRUGS SHOULD BE LEGAL EVERYWHERE. Let the people who can't handle it OD on heroine, survival of the fittest. Population Control. Maybe some of these dumbasses who can't even take part in an intelligent discussion will disappear.

There is one issue I thought that this thread would lead to, and that is the discussion of the difference between the way Canadians and Americans police their respective citizens. Isn't it true that Canadian Mounted Police will show a drunk man home while I get arrested for walking home drunk from the bar instead of getting into a car with my drunk driving friend? Even after telling the cop that my friend was probably drunk driving past us as we spoke, he said "you did the right thing, but I still have to take you in and fine you."

This country is fucked up in the sense that our law enforcement is all about attacking us and making money as if they are really a business of their own instead of being there to help people. With all the horrible things I have seen and been put through by crappy law enforcement I wonder if the average cop cares less for the average American Citizen than your typical lawyer or politician?

What we need is a group of people who care enough to organize of Americans out to protect Americans, then you will truly have a task force making a positive impact on this country instead of one that is out to catch speeders and drug dealers to meet their quota.
                      If you're not being rowdy, or a mouthy asshole to the cops, they'll pretty much leave you be, unless you're a native, and then they'll treat you like shit, and possibly drive you out of town and leave you by the side of the highway in below freezing temparatures, and you die. (Our racism, unfortunately )

I have watched "to serve & protect" (Canuck "cops") and "Cops" back to back, and did find our cops to be much more polite, and not as brutal as many in the US.

As for all drugs being legalized, I agree with you 100%, and I have known many physicians, and coroner's who feel the same way!

Comment

• JimmytheWurm
                        Full On Cocktard
                        • Oct 2004

If you're not being rowdy, or a mouthy asshole to the cops, they'll pretty much leave you be, unless you're a native, and then they'll treat you like shit, and possibly drive you out of town and leave you by the side of the highway in below freezing temparatures, and you die. (Our racism, unfortunately )

I have watched "to serve & protect" (Canuck "cops") and "Cops" back to back, and did find our cops to be much more polite, and not as brutal as many in the US.

As for all drugs being legalized, I agree with you 100%, and I have known many physicians, and coroner's who feel the same way!
                        Mouthing off is a given no matter where you are, if you can't keep your mouth shut when you should than you are going to jail. But law enforcement shouldn't be a game. It should be about keeping people safe. Where I went to college, law enforcement really is a game. Cops will actually "pick on" college kids by themselves because when they are in groups they tend to know their rights, but it easy for them to trample the personal freedoms of a single person. Especially when you consider lawyer fees. One person isn't going to fight a $100 fine with a $1,000 lawyer and in that respect the cops have found a way to win as long as they don't offend a group of people who are going to chip in for a lawyer because they can split the fee.

As for the drugs...I'd like to quote NOFX....

"Drug...Free...America...for me. We want all our drugs and we want them for free."

"The liquor store sells finer scotch, but whose got a good powder?"

Comment

• ODShowtime
                          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

I have to weigh in on this...

I went to Toronto last summer to see one of the greatest concerts ever. I couldn't bring anything with me because I didn't want to be an international drug smuggler. So guess what? The Chief of Police in Toronto makes a statement that anyone caught with pot will be asked to throw it away and no one will be arrested. The one concert I wasn't holding in the last 7 years and pot's legal.

We waste so much money and resources fighting drugs. We destory so many families and people's lives because of drugs. "We" as in American law enforcement.

If you get caught with drugs as a minor, you are no longer eligible for federal education loans. Even though it is a proven fact that lack of education begets poverty which begets drug use.

Let's just drop it or I'll get spittin' mad.

And Jimmy! You're nothing but a drug-addled drug addict!!!
                          gnaw on it

Comment

• JimmytheWurm
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Oct 2004

"And Jimmy! You're nothing but a drug-addled drug addict!!!"

If they don't legalize methamphetamines soon I am gonna start jonesing. Aaaaaaaaaah...lol.

Bob Marley and Bradley Nowell said, I believe...
                            "I smoke two joints in the morning,
                            I smoke two joints at night,
                            I smoke two joints in the afternoon, it makes me feel alright.
                            I smoke two joints in times of peace and two in time of war.
                            I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints...and then I smoke two more."

Comment

• ODShowtime
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

jimmy that's not polite
                              gnaw on it

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                                I have to weigh in on this...

I went to Toronto last summer to see one of the greatest concerts ever. I couldn't bring anything with me because I didn't want to be an international drug smuggler. So guess what? The Chief of Police in Toronto makes a statement that anyone caught with pot will be asked to throw it away and no one will be arrested. The one concert I wasn't holding in the last 7 years and pot's legal.
                                Actually, it's NOT legal, hasn't even been decriminalized yet, but they only go after grow-ops. You can pretty much smoke where you want, and no one will bother you!

Comment

Working...