Thread: DLR or Vince Neil?

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by JoeDirt666
    And I don't hate Roth.
    You just hate good taste and common sense, obviously!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    David Lee Roth 78-84 and even a little bit beyond no contest.

But now I'd probably give it to Vince as sad as it is to say Roth is more of a joke than even Vince Meal these days.
    Ya gotta be fucking kidding???
    He looks like like a reject from Lord Of The Rings.
    He's got 3 chins and he has always been a talentless fucking loser,him and his Motley cunts.Nowadays he's gone up 5 dress sizes,any fucking fatter and he'll graduate to kaftans. and now he is a

TALENTLESS FUCKING LOSER FAT CUNT.

I can't believe this thread even exists,I've ignored posting about this because if people are gonna compare DLR to someone,compare him to Paul Rodgers or Freddie Mercury,someone great but Vince fucking Neil is an insult to the Commander In Chief.

Catfish
    Originally posted by DLRDUDE
    It's called a message board people. Plain and simple, you throw out a topic and people are going to respond. Everyone realizes this is the DLR board and nobody is coming here to slam him from what I've seen. Everyone is pretty much in agreement that Dave was and still is the man. At the same time you have to realize that THIS IS A DISCUSSION BOARD and if YOU voice your opinion about a particular topic or a political nuance that there will be others that might disagree with you. I was told to get the fuck off the board by "Catshit" or whatever Dick's name is simply because I happened to think "Live without a net " concert was pretty cool with Ed and Alex's solos. All of a sudden I'm a Sammy lover...Please.
    Fuck off!

Drop and give me ten!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Vince rocks, but he's no Dave!
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
    Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Vince, like so many other of his hair-band contemporaries, was a half-assed Roth clone. Sammy Hagar (who, to hear him tell it, had a 'career' before Van Halen so he should have known better), Bret from Posion, Lane from Warrant and numerous others fall into this category.

Where most of 'em got it wrong is in trying to replicate Roth's sexy attitude, they stopped short and settled on just being sexist without the humor. All of 'em had their lame variations on Roth's stage moves, which were laughable at the time and are now just pathetic in retrospect. Most of them had a mid-range whine and couldn't handle the lower registers without sounding contrived, and none of them could give an interview without mouthing predictable platitudes that any cliched rock star would.

Roth took his influences and developed a style of his own. His peroxided imitators took what he did and didn't even bother going that far. They looked as far into what he did only to the point where they thought they had discovered what made him popular and commercially viable, and rather than be inspired by it they made some poor carbon copies of it.

Neil and all of his power-balladeering frontman cohorts made some weak, insipid pop music disguised and marketed as hard rock/heavy metal in the mid to late 1980s, and I was glad to see 'em fall by the wayside (although I do still have a fondness for Too Fast For Love to this day).

There's a big difference between how American bands and British bands approached the 1980 'heavy metal' boom. I'm from the US, but most of the bands of that era that have stood the test of time for me are from the UK. 99% style and 1% substance usually doesn't hold up down the line.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nice post Terry.

Henry Rollins said something to the effect of:
    Dave didn't have to try to get your attention, he already had it! That is the difference between Dave and all the others.
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the video for Yankee Rose makes Posion videos look straight.

:confused: Who is Poison? Another glam bam, thank you sam hair band from the 80s? There were too many of them to keep track of.

I agree with DG about Davy Baby's ass! SCRUMPTIOUS!

I agree with the vid being hard on the eyes, too. The spandex was a bit much (and the colors were too loud) for this Roth Broad. But, hey, that was the 80s...the decade of exccess!
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

The Ox
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    vince neil's fat! and SHit!
    Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Thread Information