X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 4moreyears
    Commando
    • Oct 2004

What is happening to our Jobs!!!

I have a real hard time when I watch the news and many political annalists flat out blame the president for the countries loss of jobs during his administration. These people are either so out of touch; or are flat out lying to the American People. It makes me sick to my stomach when I hear John Kerry and John Edwards claiming if you vote for Kerry that he is going do something to bring Jobs back to this country. If you want to know what is costing jobs in America it is globalization and the advancement of technology. Let me mention two scenairos that will give people an understanding to what I mean...

Situation 1

In 1995 I own a company that has a statisical annalysis department which employs 10 people. beause business is becoming more global; I need to be able to compete with overseas competition who most likely does not play by the same rules we do. Then I find a new software program that in 3 years allows me to get the same output of work done by 6 people. Continuing upgrades to the software; and additional advances in computer technology allow me to trim my manpower to 4 in another 3 years. When it gets cut in half in another 2 years.

Situation 2

A doctor who used a dictation divice to record notes sends out the tapes to be typed and for his records. These notes are needed for reference for the benefit of the insurance companies. Advancements to technology introduce him to a mp3 format dictation device where he can upload the files to his pc for easy storage than the paper copies. Then he realizes he can e-mail these files anywhere in the world for their translation from voice to data. Continuing financial pressures from the Insurance companies force the doctor to e-mail the files overseas because he can get the translations done for a fraction of the price that he was paying for the same service to get done in his same town.

In my opinion this is what is happening to the jobs in this country. Paul Zane Pilzer predicted this in his 1991 best seller Unlimited Wealth. If you are not familiar with Paul's work it is fascinating and I highly recommend you try to find his book on Amazon. You will mostly have to find a used copy because I think it is out of print. These types of scenarios are happening all over the country. This can not be stopped. Our country is the greatest country in the world, but if you are in a position that can be out sourced; plan on it. I think this is why the President said in the third debates that if you are worried about your job, get more education. He knows he can't stop the advancement of technology and globalization of business. It amazes me that John Kerry and John Edwards think they can.

JH
  • Cathedral
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Great Post 4more, i agree.

I also want to add a couple of things for those who choose to do as opposed to having done for them.

1) Learn to invest, start with $500, and look into stocks and bonds markets. Millionaires didn't get rich working for other people, they took a chance, learned the tools, and took advantage of the skills.

Realestate is a great investment for short term minded individuals, and with interest rates as low as they are, buying a property with "NO MONEY DOWN" will reap finacial benefits as equity increases.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS JOB SECURITY, IT IS A MYTH, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

2) Start a small business of your own. if you now earn between $15,000 and $25,000 a year, you are eligible for a business loan, and can be the person who offers jobs as opposed to being the one looking for one.

Wheather you sink or swim depends upon how you spend the profits.
    Investing in your own company by returning those profits to the business will strengthen the business and increase your chances of surviving through hard times.

Look, your destiny is in your own hands and if you learn to build wealth, your chances of a better life increase by at least 50%.

A person flipping burgers at Wendy's will still be flipping burgers at Wendy's 10 years from now unless they take control of their own earnings and do the smart thing with their money.

It is not easy, but nothing worth having really is.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

In addition to your points...

What if Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Hyundai, and Suzuki decided to take their production plants back over seas ??

Comment

• Cathedral
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        In addition to your points...

What if Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Hyundai, and Suzuki decided to take their production plants back over seas ??
        Then we all buy American and support our own economy with our own home grown products.

And maybe I won't lose another job to out-sourcing like i did in '94, lol.

My own experiences have shown me realities many have never seen, and i hope they never do.

Rags to riches to rags to building riches again, that's my story.
        I pay the government their fair share and expect nothing in return because my house is MY house, not their's.

Comment

• ODShowtime
          ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Just stay out of sales!!!
          gnaw on it

Comment

Working...