Thread: Vancouver Oct 23rd

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    07-04-2006 @ 03:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Thumbs down Vancouver Oct 23

I went to go see Van Hagar in Vancouver last night sporting my vintage pink David Lee Roth skyscraper shirt and it was interesting to see the reactions of people. Some fair weather fans had no idea who David was while others said "thats the real fucking Van Halen". Even still some Hagar fans yelled boo (There was only 3).
    Now, we thought we got medium level seats for 75 dollars a pop; this was not the case. We found our seats to be the very highest seats to the left. After some climbing we managed to sneak into the vip box and hoped the seats we had found would not soon be taken by the proper ticket holders. They were. After maneuvering around we finally found some closer unoccupied seats. However, they were still on the top level and apparently cost 120 DOLLARS A POP. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I just saw Deep Purple with Think Lizzy and I was in the 12th row for only 65 dollars a seat and it was 10/10 concert completely worth the price. Suddenly, the lights dimmed so I was forced out of my shock.
    The warm up band took the stage and talk about crap. I did not think anyone could suck more than Sammy. I was wrong. After the 30 worst minutes of my life the band finally got off the stage.
    Van Halen took the stage at 8:30 and it went downhill from there. Mike Anthony's bass solo consisted of him throwing his bass around like a turd and hitting it with a fist and not to mention throwing it on the ground twice. It was the single worst solo in the history of time. On a positive note I enjoyed Eddie and Alex's solo but Sammy put a damper on the party. Sammy took the stage to do his solo act "I Can't Drive 55". Wow, did he get heckled. I think the extremely drunk man behind me put it best. "Wow you suck. You really really suck. How do you suck so much you asshole." Sammy played wrong notes and even wrong chords. Guitar players all over the world would cry in shame of this horrible spectacle.
    As I had heard the band teased us with riffs from Everybody Wants Some and Mean Streets. People were not impressed when it turned out to be Poundcake. However, the funniest moment occurred during Panama when Sammy gave the mic to an audience member to do the Dave monologue because he hates it so much. This fan was in the most expensive seat in the house and he did not even know the words. So fat Sammy was forced to be Dave and it was great. You just knew he hated it and it was hilarious.
    In closing what will I remember about my first Van Halen concert at 17. Sammy is fat and likes to take people's clothes from the audience. Eddie still smokes. I think Alex may actually be dead. Mike is talented, NOT; and worst of all, the real VH fans are stuck stealing empty seats while people who do not even know the words to Panama are allowed to be front row.
    P.S. No wonder Dave became an EMT anyone of these guys are liable to die in a second because they are so wrecked and we would not want that on a REAL Van Halen reunion tour!
    Last edited by jeff10011; 10-24-2004 at 07:46 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    07-04-2006 @ 03:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I forgot to talk about when Sammy wore the Canadian flag. I have never been so angry. He doesn't deserve to touch it!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 09:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 859 Posts

From the sounds of it, Sammy shouldn't be allowed to touch a guitar, either...
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-03-2020 @ 02:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Re: Vancouver Oct 23

Originally posted by jeff10011
    Mike Anthony's bass solo consisted of him throwing his bass around like a turd and hitting it with a fist and not to mention throwing it on the ground twice. It was the single worst solo in the history of time.
    He's using too much Tabasco!

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 02:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by bueno bob
    From the sounds of it, Sammy shouldn't be allowed to touch a guitar, either...
    and enter a stage...

I also liked the "Wow you suck. You really really suck. How do you suck so much you asshole." -quote...

Thread Information