Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

I think (maybe hopelessly, I don't know) that it can still work. Along with Carmine, I'll voice my vote that CGTSNM and MWM produced some REAL results...the magic is just THERE with David, and it always has been. Now, to be truthful, I was REALLY, REALLY worried about the upcoming BOV1 back before it came out - after so many years had passed, was it going to be there?

All questions fucking CEASED when I got done with both of the new tracks.

To whatever logic, however the magic works, David just brings out the very best in the musicians he works with...be it Van Halen or his solo group. It's always brilliant, always perfect, always what it should be.

Things are understandably different now...Eddie's about one step shy of being psychotic, Mike's virtually just a touring member, Alex is essentially in control of everything of all things Van Halen...but I'd be willing to put good money down that, if all the existing crap can be worked around and all the fucking egos dropped for the sense of doing it for the fans who deserve after all these years of BULLSHIT - you're bound to see real fuckin' dynamite out of those four yet.

David's capable of NO LESS, regardless of what the situation is. I don't think it's too late in the game just yet, but unless they act in the next year or two, it will be. That's why they either need to shit or get off the pot, and of course most of that's going to start with Ed and Al.

We have to remember that these four dudes fought their way to the absolute top together, and while the going was difficult along the way, they always overcame...until 1985, anyway, but at that point David leaving had to be done. If they can get back to the raw essentials, rip away all the shit that's happened over the years and just focus on the music...anything's possible, folks.

Anything.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Dave should go back, if its on his terms..
      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

As cool as it would be to have the band back together, they will never be the same. There is too much bad blood, bitterness and resentment on all sides. And Dave would look like second fiddle. And really...how could Dave trust them?

If they really wanted Roth, though, Dave could do some wheeling and dealing to really make it worth his while. But, at this point, how could they make Dave feel any good about this?
        Hmmm. Maybe a new band name.
        I like "David Lee Roth's Van Halen"
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          Ronald McHagar will bolt when the shows no longer bring the big bucks in.
          lol....Ronald McHagar....classic!
          Last edited by DLR_EngineRoom; 10-28-2004, 12:26 PM.
          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
          http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Wolverine

Originally posted by Don Corleone
            I agree 100% Dave should stay the fuck away from those clowns (and maybe Mike as well). The 6 pack are great albums, and in time they will achieve the legendary status they rightfully deserve (irrespective of how much Ed tries to fuck his own legacy up)
            good quote ..but remmember son i am the original don!!

Comment

Working...