Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALinChainz
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

I like the think of AFD as a "Hey, remember what rock music is?". A great album, but the first VH changed everything for everyone in the genre.

In my opinion of course.

Comment

• Wayne L.

The fact " still " remains that 1984 by VH is without a doubt the " last " great classic rock album creatively, musically & artistically " similiar " to other great classic rock albums like Abbey Road, Sticky Fingers, Led Zeppelin 2, Rocks, Love Gun & Back In Black because " anything " by 80's rock bands like Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Bon Jovi & Ratt isn't in the same leagues.

Comment

• Viking
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

1984 was the best 'throw it on the stereo and crack open the beer keg' albums of all time........I give it a on a scale of to

Comment

• Gmoney

Originally posted by DLR7884
          80's rock is NOT Classic Rock.....yet.

DLR7884
          I'm with you, I generally count 60's and 70's only.
          I agree, I would really not consider any albums from the 80's to be classic rock.

When I think of classic rock I think of the Rolling Stones, Who, Led Zepplin, Hendrix, Deep Purple, ect...

Comment

• Cathedral
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

You know your getting old when you hear Zepp playing in an elevator....which i did at Dillards the other day.

I think 80's bands went straight past becoming classic and went directly to Muzak.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Well, if Nirvana can get played on classic stations then I don`t see why the 80`s bands can`t.

Even stuff like "Smoke on the water", "Stairway to heaven" were regarded as classics only a few years after they were recorded.

If you`re telling me that the songs "The number of the beast", "love in an elevator" or "Silent lucidity", to name a few, ain`t classics then I don`t agree with you.
              sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Lou

Just because it's not that old doesn't mean it can't be classic. Hell I consider Tom Petty's "Wildflowers" and the song "Mary Jane's Last Dance" classic rock. It gets played on the two classic rock stations here.

Comment

Working...