Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2007 @ 03:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

From melodicrock.com

VAN HALEN - NOVEMBER 19 DEFINITELY NOT THE END OF ANY ROAD:
    They say a week is a long time in politics, but it's even longer in the world of Van Halen.
    I have written a lot of Van Halen updates over the time running this site, but none brought me more pleasure than the November 20, 2003 report breaking the news that one of the truly great bands in rock n roll history would finally return to action now that the much loved Eddie Van Halen was over his battle with cancer and singer Sammy Hagar had returned to the fold.
    The band had a lot of work to do in order to mend past friendships and build bridges to the future. But the guys were well on the road to doing just that, with an 80 date North American tour the perfect foil for the boys to once again gel and show the world just what a great live performance is all about.
    I was disappointed hear about rumors of recent turmoil and when listening to Sammy Hagar's recent radio interview, presumed the worst like just about everyone else had.
    But not so!
    Overnight Sammy Hagar has printed a personal update on his website, which addresses recent whispers of unrest.
    And reports in from live shows this week highlight a warm chemistry between all on stage. Even reports from last night's show in Milwaukee have the band reaching a new level of enjoyment on stage and really soaking up the last few nights of this long tour.
    My main reason for this update comes after getting a phone call yesterday from the USA.
    It was from a source known to me who has been travelling with Van Halen on their current comeback tour. They wanted to set the record straight on a few things rumors which have been greatly exaggerated or formed for unknown reasons.
    The biggest issue that needs to be put straight is Eddie's drinking and the perception he had been drunk throughout the tour. That is just not correct I'm told.
    Eddie is in great shape I'm told and is having a blast on tour. Eddie has put in some amazing performances throughout the tour and one only has to check the 2004 Tour Forum at VHLinks.com to take in eyewitness accounts. He has been loose and relaxed and blowing fans away with his impromptu solos.

This has been a long tour, but my source says right now everyone is still having a blast and putting on the best shows possible, but they are all looking forward to a good rest after November 19. The 80 show tour has been the longest tour any of the guys have done in a decade.
    The guys will be taking a break and 2005 plans are yet to be worked out, but as far as my source says, the guys definitely want to do this again and they want to continue working as a band. That includes singer Sammy Hagar.

Sammy of course got rumors rolling with his interview on KSHE a week or so back. But in his own words posted overnight: "...all these crazy rumors flying around cyberspace are that. Plain and simple, I never said I was quitting Van Halen. There has been no discussion as to when or where we're going to pick this show up on the road and do it all over again cause quite honestly, 80 shows since June 11. Wow, I'm bushed ...HA!
    But baby, we are rockin'. The adrenalin in pumpin'. We're having a blast and you need to come check it out for yourself. If you ain't jacked when you get there, I guarantee you you'll be jacked when you leave."

My source says Sammy was quoted in some areas as saying Eddie has been drunk and that is just plain incorrect. And having listened the interview myself, I can back that up. Sammy, like everyone, is tired after a long tour and his comments from that interview have been skewered towards the negative. This line-up wants to continue working and looks forward to doing just that.
    I also spoke to a good friend of mine Steve Lukather, who of course, is best buddies with Eddie. I asked Steve about the rumors and how Ed was feeling. He commented "I spoke to Ed a few nights ago and he sounded great! No bad news from his mouth… As far as he's concerned its all good."
    We got talking about Ed's impact on music over the years, to which Steve added "If he never did anything after Van Halen 1 he would still go down as one of the greatest EVER! I also believe he still makes amazing music and is a close brother to me. So leave him the fuck alone!"

I know I speak for many out there, but I am just thrilled the band is back out there working and touring. There have been times over the past few years where we thought it might not happen. I started a guestbook for those wishing to send Eddie Van Halen get well messages and general words of encouragement when he faced his cancer scare.
    Entries continue to be added to the tribute page, (Located Here), as proof of the guitarists continued popularity.
    Let's hope a well earned rest is followed by an even bigger year in 2005, complete with a kick-ass new studio record.

More general music news later today.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-04-2013 @ 08:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Who knows what / whom to believe.. I have heard that much bullshit over the years..

Plain and simple... IMO...I don't like what Spam does to VH, they would be better off as instrumentals rather that hear the bloated one squeal and bleat....

It appears that Spam has one big fat foot in each camp.. hedging his bets....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

"My source says Sammy was quoted in some areas as saying Eddie has been drunk and that is just plain incorrect."

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
    Those CUNTS!!!

"Just feeling a bit under the weather....for the last30+ years!!!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    05-26-2015 @ 05:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks

80 shows is not exactly a HUGE amount of shows...........Kiss did close to 200 on their 96-97 reunion tour.

Fabulous Shadow
    More Van Halen DRAMA...More guessing Games...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

O.K...I guess the comments made by BOTH Mike Anthony and Sam Hagar at the "Wabo" shows where possibly "taken out of context"?

I simply do not believe (nor care to believe) this horseshit.

What, if any evidence has anyone, who paying money and witnessing this ramshackle tour seen... of any coherency on Ed Van Halen's part?

Sloppy, indifferent, careless (and at times lost) playing?

VH shall continue?

As what....a band that performs at state fairs, livestock shows and car expos?

Enough, already...please.

Reo Speed Halen?

Dave...hello?

...craig
    Last edited by chefcraig; 11-05-2004 at 01:07 AM.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2015 @ 08:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Just a few days ago, Melodicrock's "past, proven sources" were telling him everything is "negative". Now this?

There's no way that much can change in a few days. This looks like Sammy doing some damage control now that his radio interview is all over the internet.

It's also ridiculous for Melodickrock to suggest Eddie's drinking problems have been exaggerated.

Spin?

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

We all heard Sammy's radio interview.

Unless Ed sucked some major Spammy butthole.
    This is the biggest spin job ever.

Love how the sheep immediately forget exactly
    what Sammy said, in a heartbeat..

Dumb fuckers....

Kramer Guitar Freak
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-02-2007 @ 03:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I heard the interview too, and even though he didn't flat out say that it's over, it's what everyone including me thought. I've decided to just stop guessing, and see what happens.... It would save me a head ach.

Shaun

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2014 @ 09:03 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Listen to the interview again.

Lets just pick one point at a time

-Sammy prefers his own band...

Please discuss.....

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-21-2021 @ 06:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I love this fucking soap opera...and now I get back to listening to "fair warning"...

um...yeah
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-02-2015 @ 02:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks

melodiCROCK = BULLSHIT!!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:09 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 856 Posts

Like sands through the hourglass...

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-03-2020 @ 02:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by CROWBAR
    melodiCROCK = BULLSHIT!!
    Whatd'ya mean?
    Kiwi's in leather jackets don't lie man!

Lou
    What a load of bullshit. They've been wrong so many times, who cares what they say. IRRELEVANT.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    10-15-2007 @ 05:09 PM
    Status
    Thanks

melodicrock does nothing but post things he reads on the internet....you know his source saying everything is good is from sammy's post. so un-credible

um...yeah
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by rustoffa
    Whatd'ya mean?
    Kiwi's in leather jackets don't lie man!

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    04-21-2010 @ 01:23 PM
    Status
    Thanks

I smell the putrid stench of major damage control on the part of the red cheese head...

I have a buddy that talks with Lukather.....the only reason he got Eddie on that Christmas cd was he was afraid Eddie was killing himself at 5150 ( excessive booze, etc.)....... Luke thought getting Ed to do ANYTHING might save the guys life......this lame ass tour could be the one thing that actually gets Ed back on track...

and if this guy from melodicrock is basing his facts on reviews turned in by links sheep I would hardly call it factual....
    Last edited by lafours; 11-05-2004 at 11:34 AM.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

"No gnews is good gnews."

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-17-2005 @ 07:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks

If they tour and record again

I posted yesterday about this but I'll say it again-----If they record and tour again it will create no excitement. They've had an abundance of half filled arena's on this "reunion" tour. It will get worse the next time. Promoters have taken a bath on many shows since VHagar was unable to recoup what the promoters paid them to do the show in the first place. And a new album would most likely only be certified gold and probably struggle to make it to 500,000 units of actual sales. VHagar will go down in rock history with a whimper, not a bang. You can bet on it.

Wolverine
    only time will tell...maybe spammy was having a bad day when he did the st louis interview who knows...my friend mike went to the vh's hotel in 1991 on the f.u.c.k. tour in nyc and spammy was staying at a seperate hotel because he was not getting along with the bros......remember what ed van heineken said in 96..sammy was cool to work and tour with in 1986 and afterwards he was a pain in the ass to be around.....point is these assholes have been down this road before and it's either the end or the beginning!!
    ....hopefully the end!!!
    Last edited by Wolverine; 11-05-2004 at 01:29 PM.

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-20-2009 @ 08:02 PM
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by The Godfather
    only time will tell...maybe spammy was having a bad day when he did the st louis interview who knows...
    No, because he has said similar things recently on other stations according to Big Rig at WKLS... Sam's publicist and moreso the VH camp has had a hissy fit over his big mouth remarks and told him to put a lid on it until the tour is over.

But, trust me... it IS over.

There were no plans past this sham tour to begin with, Sam was apparently wishing, but certainly there is absolutely zero chance now.

Finish what ya started, indeed.

Which wallet is yours?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-07-2023 @ 10:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks

fuckin i don't fuckin believe a fuckin word from that fuckin melodi CROCK! that guy reminds me of the saying, "if you throw enough shit up against the wall, some of it is bound to stick." you can only cry wolf so many times before i stop fucking buying. for every ONE correct story that guy has, he has FIFTY incorrect stories to go with it. kind of like vince macmahon in pro wrestling. yeah, vince has had some good ideas, but "doink the clown" and "man mountain rock" and "the blu brothers - jacob and eli" come to mind. how many times between 1998 and 2004 has that melodi CROCK given us lines of bullshit.....er, uh, i mean LATE BREAKING NEWS that didn't come true????
    Last edited by Bad Muthafucker; 11-05-2004 at 02:13 PM.

um...yeah
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by RogueHorseman
    No, because he has said similar things recently on other stations according to Big Rig at WKLS... Sam's publicist and moreso the VH camp has had a hissy fit over his big mouth remarks and told him to put a lid on it until the tour is over.

There were no plans past this sham tour to begin with, Sam was apparently wishing, but certainly there is absolutely zero chance now.

Could not have said it any better bro!! Another "Todays' Tip o' the Ten Gallon Hat" goes to the Rogue Horseman!! Raise ya glass everybody!!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2015 @ 08:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Thanks for cheering me up mate!

Here's a drink to ya! And when this sham is finally over, I'm going open up one of those beautiful bottles of South Australian Barossa Valley red and have a real celebration.
    Last edited by Halen High; 11-05-2004 at 09:23 PM.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

Ya stickin to both stories, Sam?

I'll take a lie detector test. -EVH

ROFL. The man said "closure."

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by c.craig
    any coherency on Ed Van Halen's part?

Sloppy, indifferent, careless (and at times lost) playing?

That is exactly my observation based on any information I have found...

I love Edward Van Halen and his skills, and I doubt that anyone want's to see him pull it all together more than myself...

Maybe he's heavily medicated ??

I dunno, but something is surely going on...

I should have saved all of the reports of him drinking throughout this tour...

They weren't many, but they existed, nonetheless...

:tears:

guwapo_rocker

Re: From melodicrock.com

Originally posted by kcmusician
    The 80 show tour has been the longest tour any of the guys have done in a decade.
    It's the only tour fatso's done in a decade!

Classic
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    07-24-2015 @ 02:52 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Sammy stay away from Van Halen. You ruined them the day you started jamming with them in '85. Hear me STAY THE FUCK AWAY. Go write your cheese lyrics for your own band.

VAN HALEN TAKE A BREAK - BUT FOR HOW LONG?:
    Van Halen's amazing 2004 came to a conclusion Friday night, with the band living up to expectations and managing to find themselves in the headlines yet again. Reports suggest Eddie Van Halen lost the plot, while others suggest stage antics were a planned part of the show.
    So what really happened and where does this leave the future of Van Halen?
    On October 25 I reported that tension in the Van Halen camp was high and was being fuelled by an interview singer Sammy Hagar gave to KSHE-FM. Shortly after, reports from several media outlets appeared, hosing down talk of trouble and painting a rosy picture. On November 5 I followed up those reports with news of my own from a source on tour with the band. Again, a rosy picture was painted, but not a trouble free one.
    It seems everyone wanted the last remaining dates on the tour to go down well and end the 80 date trek on a high note.
    Following the tour conclusion, KSHE-FM posted the Sammy Hagar interview in full via a MP3. Hagar was not in good spirits on the day of the interview and the news of Friday night's problems once again fuels the fire of negativity for Van Halen. The truth lies somewhere in between.
    I have just had a follow-up conversation with my trusted source travelling with the band. What they had to say was very interesting.
    First of all, the band as a whole are very happy with the success of the 2004 tour and can't thank the fans enough for coming along for the ride. They have witnessed some killer shows along the way - with the odd bad night outweighed by some of the best shows the band has ever played.
    However, what exactly happened Friday night in Arizona? My source spoke frankly. Eddie Van Halen had a bad day. While no one knows exactly why, Eddie was drunk and turned up late to soundcheck, which angered Hagar. The two had words backstage, but managed to keep a lid on things on stage. That was until something else set Eddie off, including tripping on his guitar chord, which he really lost his temper over. He then smashed two guitars on stage - which has been reported already - but that was not a planned part of the show.
    From this point everyone flew back to their respective homes.
    I am told that there is hope the band will work together again, with Hagar continuing on as vocalist. But before that happens, my source states that some work will be needed to re-build some fences knocked over in the last few days.
    Where does that leave Van Halen in 2005? Right now my source concludes that there is no plans at this stage for the band to tour in 2005 and while everyone wants to see a new Van Halen album, once again, at this stage there is no timetable for this to happen. Let's hope the new year brings a brighter outlook for all.

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-31-2010 @ 04:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Halen High
    Spin?
    Andrew + Melodicrockofshit = brown nose spin zone.

Mezro...stop the presses Andrew and get Sam's mud out of your eye...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Thanks

Thanks Crowbar and HalenHigh!

Third rounds on me.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2023 @ 06:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Thanks Crowbar and HalenHigh!

Third rounds on me.
    :p Make it Absolut & orange juice and I'll join ya!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Switch84
    :p Make it Absolut & orange juice and I'll join ya!
    Absolut(ely)!

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-19-2016 @ 09:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Thumbs down

Andrew, quit posting horseshit on your site..

Next thing you know their coming out with a BOV vol 2
    with 4 added tracks.. rack em''
    their done as it sits, like it or not..discounted tix, no sell
    outs thru the country. gimme a break-

Drew face the facts, they ARE done, period.

fans werent fooled once again thats why no one
    ran out & bought that shit cd they just re-made for the
    second time..idiots, i say.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

WOOO HOOO!!!!

Absolut(ely)!

:bottle: Cool! Now you've just joined me on my 2000th post!

NUTHIN' BUT YEAH!!!!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Damn Switchypoo...

You have the best Dave/Van Halen pics...

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Damn Switchypoo...

You have the best Dave/Van Halen pics...

Big props to The Godfather, Wooda, google, Yahoo! and classicvanhalen.com!

Which wallet is yours?
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-07-2023 @ 10:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks

i fuckin said it before and i'll fuckin say it again, fuckin i don't fuckin believe a fuckin word from that fuckin melodi CROCK! that guy reminds me of the saying, "if you throw enough shit up against the wall, some of it is bound to stick." you can only cry wolf so many times before i stop fucking buying. for every ONE correct story that guy has, he has FIFTY incorrect stories to go with it. kind of like vince macmahon in pro wrestling. yeah, vince has had some good ideas, but "doink the clown" and "man mountain rock" and "the blu brothers - jacob and eli" and "the godwin brothers, henry o. & phinneus i. (HOG & PIG - ha ha ha, get it?)" all come to mind. how many times between 1998 and 2004 has that melodi CROCK given us lines of bullshit.....er, uh, i mean LATE BREAKING NEWS......that ended up not coming true????
    Last edited by Bad Muthafucker; 11-29-2004 at 03:14 PM.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by bad_muthafucker
    "man mountain rock"...
    In my best Gene Okerlund-

Oh my! What a travesty of a gimmick that one was!!

Would someone get me a hot toddy in here? Someone... I feel a little shook up after that thought.

Comin' up? Thank you so much!

Now its back to ringside with Gorilla and Bobby The Brain Heenan!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:09 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,327 Times in 856 Posts

In my best Gene Okerlund-

Oh my! What a travesty of a gimmick that one was!!

Would someone get me a hot toddy in here? Someone... I feel a little shook up after that thought.

Comin' up? Thank you so much!

Now its back to ringside with Gorilla and Bobby The Brain Heenan!
    LMAO at that!

Andrew's been so full of Van Halen shit over the years he's virtually floating in it...how many rumors did he "go on the line with" BEFORE the whole "Tabula Rasa" thing?

You throw enough shit at the wall and eventually SOMETHING'S gonna stick - his little Hagar reunion revelation coming to pass didn't cut any mustard with me or go any further towards restoring his credibility.

Andrew's a fuckin' tool and his so-called "sources" have been wrong about 80-90% of the time in regards to anything Van Halen related.

Thread Information