Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EmpyreLounge44
    Foot Soldier
    • Jun 2004

melodicrock does nothing but post things he reads on the internet....you know his source saying everything is good is from sammy's post. so un-credible

Comment

• CROWBAR
      Commando
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
      Whatd'ya mean?
      Kiwi's in leather jackets don't lie man!

Comment

• lafours
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2004

I smell the putrid stench of major damage control on the part of the red cheese head...

I have a buddy that talks with Lukather.....the only reason he got Eddie on that Christmas cd was he was afraid Eddie was killing himself at 5150 ( excessive booze, etc.)....... Luke thought getting Ed to do ANYTHING might save the guys life......this lame ass tour could be the one thing that actually gets Ed back on track...

and if this guy from melodicrock is basing his facts on reviews turned in by links sheep I would hardly call it factual....
        Last edited by lafours; 11-05-2004, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Matt White
          • Jun 2004

"No gnews is good gnews."

Comment

• Thetruthbaby
            Head Fluffer
            • Jun 2004

If they tour and record again

I posted yesterday about this but I'll say it again-----If they record and tour again it will create no excitement. They've had an abundance of half filled arena's on this "reunion" tour. It will get worse the next time. Promoters have taken a bath on many shows since VHagar was unable to recoup what the promoters paid them to do the show in the first place. And a new album would most likely only be certified gold and probably struggle to make it to 500,000 units of actual sales. VHagar will go down in rock history with a whimper, not a bang. You can bet on it.
            DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

• Wolverine

only time will tell...maybe spammy was having a bad day when he did the st louis interview who knows...my friend mike went to the vh's hotel in 1991 on the f.u.c.k. tour in nyc and spammy was staying at a seperate hotel because he was not getting along with the bros......remember what ed van heineken said in 96..sammy was cool to work and tour with in 1986 and afterwards he was a pain in the ass to be around.....point is these assholes have been down this road before and it's either the end or the beginning!!
              ....hopefully the end!!!
              Last edited by Wolverine; 11-05-2004, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                Commando
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by The Godfather
                only time will tell...maybe spammy was having a bad day when he did the st louis interview who knows...
                No, because he has said similar things recently on other stations according to Big Rig at WKLS... Sam's publicist and moreso the VH camp has had a hissy fit over his big mouth remarks and told him to put a lid on it until the tour is over.

But, trust me... it IS over.

There were no plans past this sham tour to begin with, Sam was apparently wishing, but certainly there is absolutely zero chance now.

Finish what ya started, indeed.
                <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• Bad Muthafucker
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

fuckin i don't fuckin believe a fuckin word from that fuckin melodi CROCK! that guy reminds me of the saying, "if you throw enough shit up against the wall, some of it is bound to stick." you can only cry wolf so many times before i stop fucking buying. for every ONE correct story that guy has, he has FIFTY incorrect stories to go with it. kind of like vince macmahon in pro wrestling. yeah, vince has had some good ideas, but "doink the clown" and "man mountain rock" and "the blu brothers - jacob and eli" come to mind. how many times between 1998 and 2004 has that melodi CROCK given us lines of bullshit.....er, uh, i mean LATE BREAKING NEWS that didn't come true????
                  Last edited by Bad Muthafucker; 11-05-2004, 03:13 PM.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...7qatW5tds&NR=1

Comment

• CROWBAR
                    Commando
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by RogueHorseman
                    No, because he has said similar things recently on other stations according to Big Rig at WKLS... Sam's publicist and moreso the VH camp has had a hissy fit over his big mouth remarks and told him to put a lid on it until the tour is over.

There were no plans past this sham tour to begin with, Sam was apparently wishing, but certainly there is absolutely zero chance now.

Could not have said it any better bro!! Another "Todays' Tip o' the Ten Gallon Hat" goes to the Rogue Horseman!! Raise ya glass everybody!!

Comment

• Halen High
                      Commando
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by RogueHorseman

Thanks for cheering me up mate!

Here's a drink to ya! And when this sham is finally over, I'm going open up one of those beautiful bottles of South Australian Barossa Valley red and have a real celebration.
                      Last edited by Halen High; 11-05-2004, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Ya stickin to both stories, Sam?

I'll take a lie detector test. -EVH

ROFL. The man said "closure."

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by c.craig
                          any coherency on Ed Van Halen's part?

Sloppy, indifferent, careless (and at times lost) playing?

That is exactly my observation based on any information I have found...

I love Edward Van Halen and his skills, and I doubt that anyone want's to see him pull it all together more than myself...

Maybe he's heavily medicated ??

I dunno, but something is surely going on...

I should have saved all of the reports of him drinking throughout this tour...

They weren't many, but they existed, nonetheless...

:tears:

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Re: From melodicrock.com

Originally posted by kcmusician
                            The 80 show tour has been the longest tour any of the guys have done in a decade.
                            It's the only tour fatso's done in a decade!

Comment

• AJW
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jun 2004

Sammy stay away from Van Halen. You ruined them the day you started jamming with them in '85. Hear me STAY THE FUCK AWAY. Go write your cheese lyrics for your own band.

VAN HALEN TAKE A BREAK - BUT FOR HOW LONG?:
                              Van Halen's amazing 2004 came to a conclusion Friday night, with the band living up to expectations and managing to find themselves in the headlines yet again. Reports suggest Eddie Van Halen lost the plot, while others suggest stage antics were a planned part of the show.
                              So what really happened and where does this leave the future of Van Halen?
                              On October 25 I reported that tension in the Van Halen camp was high and was being fuelled by an interview singer Sammy Hagar gave to KSHE-FM. Shortly after, reports from several media outlets appeared, hosing down talk of trouble and painting a rosy picture. On November 5 I followed up those reports with news of my own from a source on tour with the band. Again, a rosy picture was painted, but not a trouble free one.
                              It seems everyone wanted the last remaining dates on the tour to go down well and end the 80 date trek on a high note.
                              Following the tour conclusion, KSHE-FM posted the Sammy Hagar interview in full via a MP3. Hagar was not in good spirits on the day of the interview and the news of Friday night's problems once again fuels the fire of negativity for Van Halen. The truth lies somewhere in between.
                              I have just had a follow-up conversation with my trusted source travelling with the band. What they had to say was very interesting.
                              First of all, the band as a whole are very happy with the success of the 2004 tour and can't thank the fans enough for coming along for the ride. They have witnessed some killer shows along the way - with the odd bad night outweighed by some of the best shows the band has ever played.
                              However, what exactly happened Friday night in Arizona? My source spoke frankly. Eddie Van Halen had a bad day. While no one knows exactly why, Eddie was drunk and turned up late to soundcheck, which angered Hagar. The two had words backstage, but managed to keep a lid on things on stage. That was until something else set Eddie off, including tripping on his guitar chord, which he really lost his temper over. He then smashed two guitars on stage - which has been reported already - but that was not a planned part of the show.
                              From this point everyone flew back to their respective homes.
                              I am told that there is hope the band will work together again, with Hagar continuing on as vocalist. But before that happens, my source states that some work will be needed to re-build some fences knocked over in the last few days.
                              Where does that leave Van Halen in 2005? Right now my source concludes that there is no plans at this stage for the band to tour in 2005 and while everyone wants to see a new Van Halen album, once again, at this stage there is no timetable for this to happen. Let's hope the new year brings a brighter outlook for all.

Comment

• Mezro
                                Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
                                Spin?
                                Andrew + Melodicrockofshit = brown nose spin zone.

Mezro...stop the presses Andrew and get Sam's mud out of your eye...
                                Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

Working...