X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mouichke
    Full On Cocktard
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by 4771eddievan
    you are all correct... It was the greatest show since the Beatles played their rooftop fairwell. You all should have seen Dave jumping off the rotating drum riser! I swear he was 40 feet in the air! Then he did this 19 foot karate kick and it went through a solid brick wall. I think he played for 10 hours just to appease the fans that would not stop asking for more! The chants of "we want more!" echoed throughout the halls of the 90,000 seat arena. It was amazing and I am gonna go to all the shows on the tour! Hell, I might even try to hitch a ride on the private jet that flies him all around the world.
    Hey! Now that's funny right there!
    I was at the show also. I have seen Dave: Fair Warning tour, Diver Down tour, 1984, Eat 'em and Smile, 2x in 2001 in MN. I was in the 1st row left of center last night with my brother. Dave let the 2 of us sing in the microphone during RWTD and let me sing during Panama. It was a great time be able to do that, and see him up close. He was doing his same old act with the crowd. He loved my buddys wife that we were with. Of course she flashed him. He wouldnt sign my book either. I made it easy for him; held the book up and had the Sharpie with the cap off.

I thought it was a great show. I was up front though. The room was horseshit! The crowd was bullshit. How many "Bluehairs" would you like at a DLR show? There was about 2000 people.

You know, everyone, the review that 4771eddievan has given us here is pretty much right on. I think the band was ok. The room was terrible, Dave was good but we cant expect a 1984 show. He is 50 fucking years old now. He does better than 95% of all 50 year olds do though. I think it is funny that he kind of has a little bit of a "gut" on him. Accept it, he is getting old.

Let's not rip this guy to shreads over an honest review that I think is pretty dead on.

Comment

• Matt White
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
      Hey matt

Maybe this one will stick around til Friday, huh?
      Doubt it DG. 15 minutes of fame is the usual.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

he should never have come in comparing a Roth show to a Hagar show.

and a gut? Are you nuts???
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• mouichke
          Full On Cocktard
          • Mar 2004

Were you win the front row? He has just a little bit of a "gut" started. He has gained about 20 pounds or so since I saw him at the MN State fair. Who cares? I just thought it was kind of funny to see.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

not at this show, no.

But looking at recent pics, he looks about the same as when I saw him. Look at post #14 in this thread. For example. I just don't see it.
            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Switch84
              Veteran
              • Feb 2004

Supermodel? NOT!

Originally posted by mouichke
              Were you win the front row? He has just a little bit of a "gut" started. He has gained about 20 pounds or so since I saw him at the MN State fair. Who cares? I just thought it was kind of funny to see.

Ooh, Dave gained a few pounds! STOP THE PRESSES! ALERT PRESIDENT BUSH! WORLD CRISIS AHEAD.....DAVID LEE ROTH GAINED A FEW POUNDS!

:fucku2: What a hyper-critical statement. Show us your latest Vogue cover, Naomi. Let's see you work the catwalk, Tyra.

Davy Baby at 50 AND a middle age spread could still kick your ass!
              "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
              Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• 4771eddievan
                Full On Cocktard
                • Nov 2004

I don't know about the gut thing but I gotta go with the guy in the front row - my seats were a bit back there + plus I couldn't see with all the panties being thrown, people on each others shoulders, etc... It was just like the US festival! Now I have become jaded - sorry.

Comment

• mouichke
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Mar 2004

Ooh, Dave gained a few pounds! STOP THE PRESSES! ALERT PRESIDENT BUSH! WORLD CRISIS AHEAD.....DAVID LEE ROTH GAINED A FEW POUNDS!

Hey, I just thought it was funny. I am a guy who is getting older now, and that is just what happens when you get older. Like I said, he is in better shape than probably 95% or more of guys his age.

I MEANT IT AS A "FUCKING SIDENOTE"

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                    Commando
                    • Apr 2004

I don't know about the gut thing but I gotta go with the guy in the front row - my seats were a bit back there + plus I couldn't see with all the panties being thrown, people on each others shoulders, etc... It was just like the US festival! Now I have become jaded - sorry.
                    The deal is this, smart ass, you went to see van hagar -- what was it -- 2-3 times this sham tour and you think THEY sound/act/look/draw as they did in the day?

Think that all you may, but if so it is the absolute defination of delusional given the facts of the matter.

Oh, and speaking about being in or out of peak shape... what exactly does one call the shape Samuel Roy Hagar is these days?

Rotund?
                    Last edited by RogueHorseman; 11-08-2004, 01:53 PM.
                    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

• CROWBAR
                      Commando
                      • Sep 2004

Go back to the links boy! Van Hagar selling out stadiums? Not hardly! I don't go to a show to watch the singer waste half the night signing things! That's what a fucking Meet & Greet are for jackass! When I spend a c-note for a band, I want my moneys worth!

From the pics, it looks like Dave is having a good time and connecting with the crowd.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by mouichke

Hey, I just thought it was funny. I am a guy who is getting older now, and that is just what happens when you get older. Like I said, he is in better shape than probably 95% or more of guys his age.

I MEANT IT AS A "FUCKING SIDENOTE"
                        its cool mouichke...no worries...I just don't see it, and thats why I say "are you nuts?"

I know it wasn't the main point of your post

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

I haven't been to a Neil show, but after the responses on this board, I think I may. I may also try out the Jerry Falwell forums where the dogma is a little less in your face.
                          Ok, bye....

Comment

• mouichke
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Mar 2004

He is in A LOT better shape than Spammy. That may even be an understatement

Comment

• Matt White
                              • Jun 2004

It's MONDAY people. Time for all of the anonymous posters, aliases, and fruitbags to pop out of the woodwork and dazzle us with their wit & witticism. They even brought their own soapbox. Wake us when it's over.

Comment

• lms2

Gut or no gut.... shaved chest or hairy... long blond hair or short brown...classic van halen, or purely original.... Dave is Dave, and in my books, that makes him the man. He always has been, and always will be. End of story.

Comment

Working...