Thread: Minneapolis Show 11/7!!

Drop and give me ten!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Minneapolis Show 11/7!!

Dave rocked. He was not as crazy as i've seen him in the past, but he sounded fucking great, and so did the band. Dave was cracking jokes and telling great stories all night.

All songs rocked, but these we're the best.

1. Dance the night away
    2. Yankee Rose
    3. Aint talkin' about love
    4. Panama
    5. Goin' Crazy

Best Roth quotes of the night:

"Baby, you look so sweet, I bet you shit sugar"

"I've got two flavors baby, Strawberry and Dick, and i'm all out of Strawberry"

"Look what beer has done for me so far"

Great fuckin show!!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good to see more solo stuff in there !!

GO DLR !!!
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Drop and give me ten!
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He also did Gigalo, Just like paradise, Shoo Bop, Califonia girls. I heard someone say that the show was bad, I think they got free tickets and we're not even Roth fans. I can't see how you could not have a good time at a Roth show, Fan or not. Roth is the ultimate entertainer..I had a blast, but I've seen him now 5 times live, he never disappoints. Some people just don't get it!
    http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
    Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
    Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
    He also did Gigalo, Just like paradise, Shoo Bop, Califonia girls. I heard someone say that the show was bad, I think they got free tickets and we're not even Roth fans. I can't see how you could not have a good time at a Roth show, Fan or not. Roth is the ultimate entertainer..I had a blast, but I've seen him now 5 times live, he never disappoints. Some people just don't get it!
    That is the gospel, brother.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Zero Discipline
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Was great entertainment.

Yeah, his voice broke on a couple tunes. But my wife (Pearl Jam fan) told me she was pretty impressed with Dave's voice overall.

I liked hearing all the Dave solo stuff with the old VH favorites. I've never heard "And the Cradle will Rock" live before last night. And the sidebar songs during the breaks of "Unchained" and "Somebody get me a Doctor" were spectacular.

The schtick was full on and made it a real fun night:

"I can't lie to ya--I don't speak Pakistani"
    "I always get asked, "Ain't you that white guy?' I say, 'Yes, I am.'"
    "Baby, I've been in this cartoon a long time."
    "Honey, I don't speak body language, but keep screaming at me anyway."

Sure, it's no longer big time rock 'n' roll, but who cares? It's still one of the best shows out there.

Our local rag, the Minneapolis Star Tribune said something to the effect that: If you want to know why Van Halen's no good anymore, go to Mystic Lake tonight. Eddie's too serious. Dave gets it.
    "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
    "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Originally posted by Hollywood Jesus
    Was great entertainment.

Yeah, his voice broke on a couple tunes. But my wife (Pearl Jam fan) told me she was pretty impressed with Dave's voice overall.

I liked hearing all the Dave solo stuff with the old VH favorites. I've never heard "And the Cradle will Rock" live before last night. And the sidebar songs during the breaks of "Unchained" and "Somebody get me a Doctor" were spectacular.

The schtick was full on and made it a real fun night:

"I can't lie to ya--I don't speak Pakistani"
    "I always get asked, "Ain't you that white guy?' I say, 'Yes, I am.'"
    "Baby, I've been in this cartoon a long time."
    "Honey, I don't speak body language, but keep screaming at me anyway."

Sure, it's no longer big time rock 'n' roll, but who cares? It's still one of the best shows out there.

Our local rag, the Minneapolis Star Tribune said something to the effect that: If you want to know why Van Halen's no good anymore, go to Mystic Lake tonight. Eddie's too serious. Dave gets it.
    "Our local rag, the Minneapolis Star Tribune said something to the effect that: If you want to know why Van Halen's no good anymore, go to Mystic Lake tonight. Eddie's too serious. Dave gets it."

More media outlets need to pay attention to this quote! All Dave all night... He knows what we need!
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

lms2
    Yep, he knows what I need!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was also at the show last night at Mystic Lake (tier B, Row M, seat 53) and was very impressed with Dave’s performance. I’ve seen him seven times (twice on the EEAS tour, once on the ALAE tour, once on the YFLM tour, once in 2001 and once in 2002, and now in 04). I thought he sang as good as ever. Maybe his voice broke once or twice, but he hit the high notes (especially on Dance The Night Away), had “the scream” when he needed it, and really seemed to put singing ahead of jumping, which is actually a good thing.

I thought the sound mix was phenomenal. BVs, both guitars, bass, and drums were crystal clear, and Dave’s voice sat nicely on top of the mix. His band is very tight and got a chance to stretch out on You Really Got Me and Unchained. Ray is one hell of a drummer and really drives the band (like a good drummer should). Brian Young tears it up on guitar, and I think, does a good job of balancing improvisation with hitting the “required” Eddie and Vai-isms.

Dave did more solo songs than I remember since the YFLM tour, and I thought Goin’ Crazy was one hell of a surprise/treat. He really seemed to be enjoying himself last night and was laying the Diamond Dave shtick on big time. I think people either dig that aspect of his personality or they don’t, and for me it’s all aces. He just cracks me up.

I went with three people who’d never seen Dave before and they were all impressed. My fiancée described him as “very entertaining” and “much better in person than on record.” I can’t compare Dave to the current VH because I haven’t seen them. I’ll admit to being pro-Dave, but I’m not so biased that I’d say he was great if he wasn’t (for example, I didn’t think he was great on the Sam/Dave tour when I saw him in KC. There were technical issues at the beginning of the show, and I think he just sort of wrote off the concert and wanted it to end).

So, in closing, I’d say if you want to see The Man do The Songs as only The Man can do them, go see him. You won’t be disappointed. He still gives 100% on stage and has a band behind him that flat out kicks ass.

Cheers,

Tom_E

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Now this is more like it. I read that other polluted thread first and thought maybe I was the only one who loved the show. I don't think I've ever heard Dave sound better live. Band was tight. Dave was funny as hell. He talked too much for me to remember. LOL. I had a fuckin' blast.

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I read, and have posted in "the other thread", and it seems that Hagar fans didn't like the show, but Roth fans love the show... WHO AM I TO BELIEVE?!??
    If you listen to fools
    The Mob Rules

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I posted in the "other thread".....I'll say it again......I saw Dave 4 times in Michigan last summer & fall, and now this show...and its what us Rothians expect...Dave IS Dave, and his band is stellar...enough said.

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by interceptor
    I posted in the "other thread".....I'll say it again......I saw Dave 4 times in Michigan last summer & fall, and now this show...and its what us Rothians expect...Dave IS Dave, and his band is stellar...enough said.
    I guess that's all we need to know!

Sgt. Swindle
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Now, if he'll just come to TEXAS!

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have an advantage here. I saw Sammy play Mystic Lake when he came through for his solo effort without the VH bitches... It was an ok show but mike made an appearance and the show finished with Montrose.

All I can say is Sam is an ok talent that surrounds himself with greatness to make himself look that much better. Dave has been on tour with a different back up band every time I've seen him with the exception of the Guitar player, He and his talent speak for them self.

He doesn't need anyone from VH and don't need Ronnie Montrose up there to make him look good. He does it all on his own.

I've been a Dave Fan since day one, Proof My son now 20 has the name David Lee....

But I love all music and I call it like I see it. Dave is and will always remain on top.
    His record sales are not on top because he plays what he wants not the mainstream garbage the masses want him to put out.
    Sure he could put crap out there.... (anything after Load) fuck you lars.
    But then it wouldn't be Dave now would it.
    Dave set his standard when he put out Crazy from the heat... Why should he do like all the other clones in the music biz?

Dave rocked and I would see him again tomorrow if he came back to minnesota.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    :eek: You ARE dedicated, Raven313! Naming your kid after Diamond Dave takes the cake!

Loved the pics you took and the review.
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

The Ox
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My best Friend is called David Lee.
    Don't need a gun to blow your mind!

http://tydhurst.proboards30.com

Join my forum.

Thread Information