Thread: Democratic Party must be 'born again,' Carville says

Ford's Daddy
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Democratic Party must be 'born again,' Carville says

Democratic strategist James Carville said yesterday that the Democratic Party's losses last Tuesday were no fluke, and that they need to rethink exactly who they are and provide something more than a litany of policy proposals.
    "The underlying problem here is, there is no call to arms that the Democratic Party is making to the country," said Mr. Carville, the architect of Bill Clinton's 1992 presidential campaign win. "We've got to reassess ourselves. We've got to be born again."

Democrats are debating what went right and what went wrong in last Tuesday's election, in which President Bush won re-election over Sen. John Kerry, and Democrats also lost seats in both the House and Senate. Some have said there is no need for soul-searching, and blamed the losses on a difficult election-year map or a poor candidate at the top of the ticket.
    During the Democratic National Convention this summer in Boston, when Mr. Bush trailed in the polls, Mr. Carville said, "It would be the greatest political achievement of my lifetime" if he came back to beat Mr. Kerry.
    But yesterday, Mr. Carville said not only was it a great comeback, but coupled with the 2002 congressional-election losses, it shows it's time for Democrats to engage in a major re-examination.
    "We can deny this crap, but I'm out of the denial. I'm about reality here," Mr. Carville told reporters at a breakfast hosted by the Christian Science Monitor. "We are an opposition party, and as of right now, not a particularly effective one. You can't deny reality here."
    He said the party is desperately in need of a compelling narrative to tell voters, rather than the "litany of issues" the party stands for now.
    He said Mr. Bush and Republicans presented just such a story: "These guys had a narrative — we're going to protect you from the terrorists in Tikrit and from the homos in Hollywood. That's it," he said. "I think we could elect somebody from Beverly Hills if they had some compelling narrative to tell people about what the country is."
    The other guests at yesterday's breakfast, both of whom worked directly for Mr. Kerry, said things weren't that grim.
    "The Kerry campaign was in a position to win," said pollster Stanley Greenberg, and chief consultant Bob Shrum said Mr. Kerry came within "60,000 votes in Ohio" of winning the presidency.
    Still, Mr. Greenberg said, the cultural issues at work in this election are strong, and could provide Republicans enduring gains, particularly among union households and Hispanic voters.
    Mr. Carville, who had just returned from a vacation at Disney World with his family and wife, Republican strategist Mary Matalin, at times seemed unable to put into words just how much of a hill Democrats have to climb.
    He said he is considering writing a book about what direction Democrats should go.
    One possibility, he said, was to embrace a reform-oriented, anti-Washington agenda. That would require the ability of members of Congress to reject pork projects for their districts and stake the party's fortunes on fiscal discipline.
    During the Carville-run 1992 campaign, Mr. Clinton, the last Democrat to win the presidency — albeit, both times with less than a majority vote — took on rap artist Sister Souljah and promised to focus on pro-business policies that would lead to economic growth.
    The three men yesterday said Democrats won't embrace the Republican position on cultural issues like the definition of marriage.
    "Some of the stuff I read is not going to happen," Mr. Shrum said. "The Democratic Party is not going to be better at competing with the Republican Party at being anti-gay. And frankly, I wouldn't be in that party. I would leave that party."

Link: here

I guess Carville is now part of the BCE, right?

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Democratic Party must be 'born again,' Carville says

Originally posted by John Ashcroft

I guess Carville is now part of the BCE, right?
    His wife certainly is. Carville's right about the Democratic party not being an opposition party, but then he's part of the problem - the DLC.

Leave it to real Democrats like Dean, Kucinich, and Obama, to plot the future direction of this party.

And myself, of course
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Banned
    Safety Officer™

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Re: Democratic Party must be 'born again,' Carville says

Originally posted by FORD
    His wife certainly is. Carville's right about the Democratic party not being an opposition party, but then he's part of the problem - the DLC.

Leave it to real Democrats like Dean, Kucinich, and Obama, to plot the future direction of this party.

And myself, of course
    You won't win in 2008 either......

Got it bad...
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Obama I can see making something happen. What specifically are you going to do besides mod this site with an iron fist?

Banned
    Safety Officer™

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by diamondD
    Obama I can see making something happen. What specifically are you going to do besides mod this site with an iron fist?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Can you blame him?

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You watch!!!!! We'll see a Southern Christian moderate democrat emerge for the libs in '08. You read it here first.

Then we can sit back and watch the Democratic party either completely implode as the leftists go ballistic with hate and anger, or they'll be seen as hypocrites who will do ANYTHING to get elected, just like Slick Willy.

Remember now, that Slick told Katsup Boy that he sould be 'for the gay ammendment' thing' if the people were leaning havily in favor of it. I'll give KB some credit in that he didn't listen.
    Yo Yo Yo

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by aesop
    You watch!!!!! We'll see a Southern Christian moderate democrat emerge for the libs in '08. You read it here first.

We had one of those in 1976. And he got elected. But then the Southern "Christians" turned on him and elected a Hollywood warmonger in his place

Then we can sit back and watch the Democratic party either completely implode as the leftists go ballistic with hate and anger, or they'll be seen as hypocrites who will do ANYTHING to get elected, just like Slick Willy.

Remember now, that Slick told Katsup Boy that he sould be 'for the gay ammendment' thing' if the people were leaning havily in favor of it. I'll give KB some credit in that he didn't listen.
    The idea of ammending the Constitution to deny civil rights to ANY segment of the population is absolutely sickening.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They didn't teach me in HS about the line in the Bill of Rights that said that Ass Pirates are covered under any definition of marriage.

Why can't you people realize that the only reason it keeps coming up at all is because it's been rammed down our throats from the liberals. If they stayed indoors, STFU, and did their butt-hole surfing in private, we wouldn't even be discussing it right now.

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The idea of ammending the Constitution to deny civil rights to ANY segment of the population is absolutely sickening.
    Not if it threatens the moral fibre in which this country was founded, my friend.
    But lets not forget that it is the work of Liberal Judges that allowed these kinds of immoral issues to emerge.

The deeds of the wicked should not be accepted as normal in this society, it's that simple.
    You do what you have to do in the name of moral preservation.

I will never accept homosexuality as an American Sponsored way of life, period.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Can you blame him?
    Absolutely, without a doubt...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No civil rights will be violated if gays aren't allowed to get married. As long as civil unions are kept intact, all the gays out there can run to the judges in their dresses and get hitched.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    They didn't teach me in HS about the line in the Bill of Rights that said that Ass Pirates are covered under any definition of marriage.

Why can't you people realize that the only reason it keeps coming up at all is because it's been rammed down our throats from the liberals. If they stayed indoors, STFU, and did their butt-hole surfing in private, we wouldn't even be discussing it right now.
    You sound like you still are in (Junior) High School with the "Ass Pirate" tirade. I bet you snapped the other guys on their ass with a wet towel when they were taking a shower in the locker room, didn't you?

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Cathedral
    Not if it threatens the moral fibre in which this country was founded, my friend.
    But lets not forget that it is the work of Liberal Judges that allowed these kinds of immoral issues to emerge.

The deeds of the wicked should not be accepted as normal in this society, it's that simple.
    You do what you have to do in the name of moral preservation.

I will never accept homosexuality as an American Sponsored way of life, period.
    What moral fibre was that? The founding fathers had concubines and mistresses. And do you really think that people all of a sudden turned gay during the Clinton Administration?! You people are insane. There have always been gays, people cheating on their spouses, pre-marital sex, teenage pregnancy, and you guys act if this is some recent phenomena. Quite frankly, I am more worried about terrorists bringing over ex-Soviet Suitcase Nuclear Weapons, about getting a good job, and sending my kids to a good school, not about whether some guys next store are tailpipe commandos.

You're going to alter the Constitution---CONSERVATIVES MY ASS!

Maybe Jerry Falwell, the fucking cunt who applauded the terrorist flying their planes into the WTC can give me a nice lecture about morality. And greed, hypocrisy, hubris, and generally being a self-serving phoney cunt.

Let me ask you this? Have you ever discussed the evils of Gay Marriage with a guy that you know cheats on his wife? If so, did you keep a straight face? I know I did until I brought up that fact to a guy I know, Mr. Conservative squeaky clean (my ass), who bangs every chic he can find. He got really pissed when I mentioned people who cheat on their spouses, roughly 50% of the population, should have no opinion on the subject. Or as Jesus once said, "Let he who has never sinned cast the first stone."

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nobody's perfect, and i don't care what gays do in the privacy of their own homes. I just don't want to see it in public when i am out with my impressionable child.
    My kid goes to a great school, I fucking pay for it because public schools are about everything but teaching anymore.
    Poltical Correctness has ruined our society.

You can support all the sick and unnatural shit you want to, buddy, that is your right.
    But i won't do it, not for a second.

Hell, I don't even think i'm Conservative anymore, neither party represents me at this point 100%.

I support Family Values, and last i checked gays couldn't create a family, and why is that?
    BECAUSE IT'S UN-NATURAL!!!!!

I'm still waiting to hear about that "Gay" gene they are supposed to have.
    Homosexuality is a mental illness, and until i see proof that people are in fact born gay? I ain't buying it, sorry, not happening.

HUNK O' BURNIN' LOVE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Obama I can see making something happen. What specifically are you going to do besides mod this site with an lion fish?
    Huh?
    He throws a punch.
    He swings. I duck.
    His fat ass falls...
    Hey Sammy,you still SUCK!

HUNK O' BURNIN' LOVE
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A couple years ago, my daughter had a teacher who told the kids that the pilgrims wrote with mud. My daughter told me about this, but I couldn't believe it. One day after school I asked the teacher about this, and with a straight face she proceeded to explain that the pen hadn't been invented yet. I almost pissed my pants!

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Nobody's perfect, and i don't care what gays do in the privacy of their own homes. I just don't want to see it in public when i am out with my impressionable child.
    My kid goes to a great school, I fucking pay for it because public schools are about everything but teaching anymore.
    Poltical Correctness has ruined our society.

You can support all the sick and unnatural shit you want to, buddy, that is your right.
    But i won't do it, not for a second.

Hell, I don't even think i'm Conservative anymore, neither party represents me at this point 100%.

I support Family Values, and last i checked gays couldn't create a family, and why is that?
    BECAUSE IT'S UN-NATURAL!!!!!

I'm still waiting to hear about that "Gay" gene they are supposed to have.
    Homosexuality is a mental illness, and until i see proof that people are in fact born gay? I ain't buying it, sorry, not happening.
    But you do care what people do in the privacy of their own homes. You want the Constitution to posted over everyone's bed and Supreme Court Judges to monitor women's bodies.

What if a guy with a real low sperm count marries a woman who has had cervical cancer. Should they be banned from being married because they can't have kids.

Do people choose to be gay? I don't know for sure. But did you wake up one day and decide to be male. Was being male a learned behavior for you? Did you decide one day that you were only now going to get an erection, that you were ready for sex? That the hormones in your body would now be switched on? Were those learned behaviors? Biology has noting to do with sex???

And who is a greater threat to your children:

Promiscuous heterosexuals that have: Recreational sex, multiple partners, go to "The Hellfire Club" for groups sex, wife swap, get pregnant and abort, young girls that have blowjob parties called "rainbow parties," people who are serial cheaters--

-or-

Two gay guys in a monogamous, long-term relationship? Just a question.

DLR Army Mod Emeritus
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Keep plugging away, FORD. It's an interesting clinical study to watch a parasitic, self-destructive species render itself extinct.

It isn't Van Halen
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I thought this was a party of intellectuals.

It happens to them every time they veer too far to the left.

Every damned time - Same thing. ...But, they still question why.

Free hint #1: When the Barbara Streisands of the world announce they are on your team, it is time to form another team.

Free Hint #2: Calling your opponent dumb has never worked in the past and it will not work in the present (obviously) nor in the future. In fact, it has a nasty habit of backfiring on you. Think about it.... You call your opponent too dumb to live and he beats you. This does not reflect well on your qualifications, does it?

Free Hint #3: New York and California are not...I repeat... NOT a representative cross-section of America.

Free Hint #4: Picture a hotly contested presidential race with polarized voters that will obviously be decided by a few swing states. Now picture these fickle states after the gays/lesbians and the liberal peanut gallery descend upon them and demand same-sex marriages. Is this likely to help your cause? Now, think hard. If, after your thinking is complete, you still wish to align yourselves with those too far left of the mainstream, go think some more. Repeat until your moment of clarity comes.

Free Hint #5: Calling blue-collar, red states "fly-over" country and allowing your most vocal supporters to dismiss them as ignorant bumpkins is not a sound campaign strategy.

In short, leave the Northeasterners to sip their lattes and verbally masturbate one another.

Come back to the center where the grown-ups live.

Gulf Coaster
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    But you do care what people do in the privacy of their own homes. You want the Constitution to posted over everyone's bed and Supreme Court Judges to monitor women's bodies.

What if a guy with a real low sperm count marries a woman who has had cervical cancer. Should they be banned from being married because they can't have kids.

Nope, because they are the by-product of a physical illness.

Do people choose to be gay? I don't know for sure. But did you wake up one day and decide to be male. Was being male a learned behavior for you? Did you decide one day that you were only now going to get an erection, that you were ready for sex? That the hormones in your body would now be switched on? Were those learned behaviors? Biology has noting to do with sex???

I think homosexuality is a mental illness.

And who is a greater threat to your children:

Promiscuous heterosexuals that have: Recreational sex, multiple partners, go to "The Hellfire Club" for groups sex, wife swap, get pregnant and abort, young girls that have blowjob parties called "rainbow parties," people who are serial cheaters--

It's all immoral behavior, so i don't see your point

-or-

Two gay guys in a monogamous, long-term relationship? Just a question.

Again, it's immoral behavior, and No, I don't care what people do in their own homes. It is what they do in public that concerns me
    Now, answer this:
    What is threatening about a loving relationship between a man and a woman who meet, fall in love and start a family, stay married until death do them part?

Homosexual relationships are an abomination to God, and just because people choose not to believe in God doesn't mean they won't be judged for their actions.
    Those who support it are as guilty as those who do it, so you might as well engage in the act yourself.
    I don't condone it, never have, never will.

I am glad you were able to have an adult debate about it without refering to me as something insulting, Thanks!

I am just sharing my opinion, and you don't have to agree with it. I do however appreciate civil discussion even if we disagree.
    We are just from two different schools of thought on some things.

We don't go to judgement in groups, so i try to remain independant on all issues of importance in life.
    There is always right and wrong in the world. the challenge is in knowing the difference and making educated decisions.

Hell, my reasons for voting for Bush are different than anyone i have ever talked with about it. there are some common grounds, but they are far and few between.
    Last edited by Cathedral; 11-11-2004 at 09:38 PM.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

It's not a mental illness...

Homosexuality is an unnatural sexual behavior. The natural sex partner for a man is a woman, and the natural sex partner for a woman is a man. A reasonably educated human being has no basis whatsoever to dispute this simple truth...

Some desires are acquired or strengthened by habituation and conditioning instead of by conscious choice. For instance, my personal battle with drugs and Alcohol. I didn't choose to be an addict...

Also, the homophobia charge is totally false...

Just because many of us oppose homosexual behavior, It does not mean we are "afraid" of homos. A disagreement is not the same as a fear! One can disagree with something without fearing it...

Calling me a homophobe is nothing more than an attempt to divert attention from the argument...

Allowing gay couples to be married is NOT a civil rights issue...

wraytw
    Originally posted by ELVIS
    Allowing gay couples to be married is NOT a civil rights issue...
    Even Jesse Jackson will tell you as much.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Some desires are acquired or strengthened by habituation and conditioning instead of by conscious choice. For instance, my personal battle with drugs and Alcohol. I didn't choose to be an addict...

That's debatable....

Since drug and alcohol addiction ARE medically established facts, then you chose to use drugs, knowing that addiction was a likely result. You may not have intended to become one, but you definitely chose to put yourself at that risk.

Even so, it's not a relevant comparison to homosexuality. You put everything on behavior but the truth is it's the orientation that is what makes the person gay or straight. Just as one drink doesn't make someone an alcoholic, one sexual experience doesn't determine orientation neccessarily. It's who you are naturally attracted to.

Most gay people are aware of their orientation very early in life. Whether they were having sex at that point (hopefully not!) is irrelevant. Can you say you thought about getting high when you were a kid?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes, as soon as I saw someone else doing it...

Seeds can be planted in a plethora of ways...

is a pedophile naturally attracted to children ??

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yes, as soon as I saw someone else doing it...

Seeds can be planted in a plethora of ways...

is a pedophile naturally attracted to children ??
    Don't even make that leap.

Pedophiles are predatory pieces of shit who rape children, often depending on their fear and weakness to keep them silent, and when that fails, killing them. You cannot possibly compare that to 2 adults of the same gender in a consensual loving relationship. There is nothing in common.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What attracts them to children ??

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What attracts them to children ??
    Sickness.

It's not sexual attraction, it's predatory. In some cases - Michael Jackson being an obvious example - it's a delayed reaction to something that they went through in their own childhood.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's documented that most pedopiles claim to truly love children and have strong sexual desires towards children...

Alot of homosexuals report early childhood experiences as the main reason for their sexual orientation...

DUMMY CONS FEAR ME!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    !

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You're an idiot...

DUMMY CONS FEAR ME!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You're an idiot...
    SUCK IT!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Woo hoo...

I guess you told me....

JCOOK
    These are democrats don't bring religion into this
    Can RIKK come over and get this lamb Demon Cocksucker and put him back in the pen!

DUMMY CONS FEAR ME!
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by JCOOK
    These are democrats don't bring religion into this
    Can RIKK come over and get this lamb Demon Cocksucker and put him back in the pen!
    What do you think "born again" means? James is using this as a metaphor!

Tattle tale!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
    !
    What the hell does this have to do with this thread??? Here's a real idiot for you...Jessie Jackson!!

Bonus coverage...DNC Playmate of the month.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe she knows the Busheep of the month?

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe she knows the Busheep of the month?
    Note the stained shirt...That pic was obvously staged.

Wayne L.
    The Democratic Party must be born again politically because it has lost its soul to Hollywood especially listening to Barbra Streisand for guidence politically which is ludicrious as well as spiritually because Jesse Jackson doesn't have all the answers.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Note the stained shirt...That pic was obvously staged.
    here's the original
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Thread Information