Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Confessions Of A Cultural Elitist

Well now these assholes are finally telling the rest of America their true feelings. I hope he keeps it up to make a Republican victory in 2008 all the more secure. And by the way - his "art" sucks. - Sgt Schultz

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    CONFESSIONS OF A CULTURAL ELITIST

Tue Nov 9, 8:03 PM ET by Ted Rall

Win or Lose, Kerry Voters Are Smarter Than Bush Voters

Ted Rall

NEW YORK--Democratic hand wringing is surrealy out of hand. No one is criticizing the morally incongruous Kerry for running against a war he voted for while insisting that he would have voted for it again. Party leaders have yet to consider that NAFTA, signed into law under Clinton, may have cost them high-unemployment Ohio. No, Indiana Senator Evan Bayh, darling of the "centrist" Democratic Leadership Council, blames something else: the perception "in the heartland" that Democrats are a "bicoastal cultural elite that is condescending at best and contemptuous at worst to the values that Americans hold in their daily lives."

Firstly, living in the sticks doesn't make you more American. Rural, urban or suburban--they're irrelevant. San Francisco's predominantly gay Castro district is every bit as red, white and blue as the Texas panhandle. But if militant Christianist Republicans from inland backwaters believe that secular liberal Democrats from the big coastal cities look upon them with disdain, there's a reason. We do, and all the more so after this election.

I spent my childhood in fly-over country, in a decidedly Republican town in southwest Ohio. It was a decent place to grow up, with well-funded public schools and only the occasional marauding serial killer to worry about. The only ethnic restaurant sold something called "Mandarin Chinese," Midwestese for cold noodles slathered with sugary sauce. The county had three major employers: the Air Force, Mead Paper, and National Cash Register--and NCR was constantly laying people off. Folks were nice, but depressingly closed-minded. "Well," they'd grimace when confronted with a new musical genre or fashion trend, "that's different." My suburb was racially insular, culturally bland and intellectually unstimulating. Its people were knee-jerk conformists. Faced with the prospect of spending my life underemployed, bored and soused, I did what anyone with a bit of ambition would do. I went to college in a big city and stayed there.

Mine is a common story. Every day in America, hundreds of our most talented young men and women flee the suburbs and rural communities for big cities, especially those on the West and East Coasts. Their youthful vigor fuels these metropolises--the cultural capitals of the blue states. These oases of liberal thinking--New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Boston--are homes to our best-educated people, most vibrant popular culture and most innovative and productive businesses. There are exceptions--some smart people move from cities to the countryside--but the best and brightest gravitate to places where liberalism rules.

Maps showing Kerry's blue states appended to the "United States of Canada" separated from Bush's red "Jesusland" are circulating by email. Though there is a religious component to the election results, the biggest red-blue divide is intellectual. "How can 59,054,087 people be so DUMB?" asked the headline of the Daily Mirror in Great Britain, and the underlying assumption is undeniable. By any objective standard, you had to be spectacularly stupid to support Bush.

72 percent who cast votes for George W. Bush, according to a University of Maryland's Program on International Policy Attitudes (PIPA) and Knowledge Networks poll, believe that Iraq (news - web sites) had weapons of mass destruction or active WMD programs. 75 percent think that a Saddam-Al Qaeda link has been proven, and 20 percent say Saddam ordered 9/11. Of course, none of this was true.

Kerry voters were less than half as idiotic: 26 percent of Democrats bought into Bush-Cheney's WMD lies, and 30 percent into Saddam-Al Qaeda.

Would Bush's supporters have voted for him even if they had known he was a serial liar? Perhaps their hatred of homosexuals and slutty abortion vixens would have prompted them to make the same choice--an idiotic perversion of priorities. As things stand, they cast their ballots relying on assumptions that were demonstrably false.

Educational achievement doesn't necessarily equal intelligence. After all, Bush holds a Harvard MBA. Still, it bears noting that Democrats are better educated than Republicans. You are 25 percent more likely to hold a college degree if you live in the Democratic northeast than in the red state south. Blue state voters are 25 percent more likely, therefore, to understand the historical and cultural ramifications of Bush's brand of bull-in-a-china-shop foreign policy.

Inland Americans face a bigger challenge than coastal "cultural elitists" when it comes to finding high-quality news coverage. The best newspapers, which routinely win prizes for their in-depth local and national reporting and staffers overseas, line the coasts. So do the cable TV networks with the broadest offerings and most independent radio stations. Bush Country makes do with Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity syndicated on one cookie-cutter AM outlet after another. Citizens of the blue states read lackluster dailies stuffed with generic stories cut and pasted from wire services. Given their dismal access to high-quality media, it's a minor miracle that 40 percent of Mississippians turned out for Kerry.

So our guy lost the election. Why shouldn't those of us on the coasts feel superior? We eat better, travel more, dress better, watch cooler movies, earn better salaries, meet more interesting people, listen to better music and know more about what's going on in the world. If you voted for Bush, we accept that we have to share the country with you. We're adjusting to the possibility that there may be more of you than there are of us. But don't demand our respect. You lost it on November 2.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sorry for closing your original thread, Schultz.

But a certain PANDA MOLESTING illegal alien made it impossible to read.

General Secretaty
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by FORD

No problem I understand.

Cant his giant obnoxious posts be deleted so the image doesnt fuck it up?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As a member of the BCE, I will delete any non-standard overly large posts in this thread. I want to read the article in the comfort of my own 1400x1050 resolution screen. If I can't do that, posts will be subject to immediate deletion. However, any future commentary accompanied by large pics will be retained, with only the image being deleted. I was just to lazy to edit the shit this time.

SIEG OIL!!!
    SIEG ROTHARMY!!!
    SIEG ICON!!!!

BCE UBER ALLES!!!

Icon.
    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Confessions Of A Cultural Elitist

Blue state voters are 25 percent more likely to understand the historical and cultural ramifications of Bush's brand of bull-in-a-china-shop foreign policy.

Don't demand our respect. You lost it on November 2. [/B]
    This is it right here. This is the problem with the world we live in on 11/11/04. I think I'm gonna have to keep these where we can see 'em!

fu gw!
    gnaw on it

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What I find most amusing about all "cultural elitists" (guess this is the new term), is that they fancy themselves suave, worldy people. Yet their worldviews, which they would accuse me of till they were blue in the face, are remarkably simplistic and void of the facts of the situation. You can hear in conversations that say "You know, we should just" or "If it were me.." or most commonly "Idiots!! Why not just..."

Now I know there are people on my side who do it as well (as a conservative, I can honestly say my parties faults without trying to rationalize or minimize-called honesty), but they are not the critical mass of this party, which is WHY we keep having success.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No one wants or cares about your respect. We don't give a flying f&#^. This is America. We like winners and shun losers!!!

Move to Holland! They're waiting for all of you libs with open arms and 55% tax brackets!! lol. They'e your true bretheren.
    Yo Yo Yo

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by aesop
    No one wants or cares about your respect. We don't give a flying f&#^. This is America. We like winners and shun losers!!!

Move to Holland! They're waiting for all of you libs with open arms and 55% tax brackets!! lol. They'e your true bretheren.
    If you think I'm gonna live in a country full of people like Dipshit Den and the Van Heineken sisters, you're out of your fucking mind. No wonder they have the hash bars - I'd want to be baked all the time too!

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Indeed. Thanks, FORD.
    “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Banned
    Safety Officer™

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

illegal Alien??????? Not me, man.

Have a Nice Day™,

diamond "Panda™" den™

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Denny
    illegal Alien??????? Not me, man.

Have a Nice Day™,

diamond "Panda™" den™

You're just a tulip-picking DICK!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    You're just a tulip-picking DICK!
    Notice how he didn't deny being a panda molestor either. Isn't raping an endangered species considered just cause for deportation?

Banned
    Safety Officer™

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Notice how he didn't deny being a panda molestor either. Isn't raping an endangered species considered just cause for deportation?
    When was the last time you got Laid????

Thread Information