Thread: Vhagar OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE FROM PORTLAND

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Vhagar OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE FROM PORTLAND

Well the "huge" Vhagar tour rolled into Portland Oregon recently. The attendance listed in Billboard Magazine was only 8,007. There were over 13,000 tickets available. The gross for the show was slightly more than $500,000 so yet ANOTHER promoter was reamed in this affair assuming they got their $750,000 guarantee to do the show. All of the hagar lovers are really starting to make fools of themselves beyond what I thought was possible. I still see some of these morons trying to claim this tour is doing great business. Nothing could be further from the truth. A very significant number of shows have fallen by the wayside and many promoters are losing a fortune doing business with VHagar. I hope they do another album and tour. It will be worse than this fiasco. And promoters will remember the beating they took financially this year. Trust me.
    DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Re: Vhagar OFFICIAL ATTENDANCE FROM PORTLAND

Originally posted by Thetruthbaby
    I hope they do another album and tour. It will be worse than this fiasco. And promoters will remember the beating they took financially this year. Trust me.
    amen, brother...amen...!!!
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's a fucking reunion tour........thats the key thing to remember sheep! At least all of you will be able to see the Spamster with that guy in drag at a club near you soon(after he releases another bad album).

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Well the "huge" Vhagar tour rolled into Portland Oregon recently. The attendance listed in Billboard Magazine was only 8,007. There were over 13,000 tickets available. The gross for the show was slightly more than $500,000 so yet ANOTHER promoter was reamed in this affair assuming they got their $750,000 guarantee to do the show...
    THAT'S BECAUSE PORTLAND IS ROTH COUNTRY, BABY!!!
    Twistin' by the pool.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I TOLD you all nobody'd be there!

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    TheTruth!! Keep rockin' man!! Yet ANOTHER brilliant post... how many times can I vote for you???
    If you listen to fools
    The Mob Rules

Lou
    I bet seenbad was at that show and probably thought it was great just the same.

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    ...I hope they do another album and tour. It will be worse than this fiasco. And promoters will remember the beating they took financially this year. Trust me.
    CCC and Warner Brothers, for starters, are not interested.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

guwapo_rocker

Banned
    Safety Officer™

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    no

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Well the "huge" Vhagar tour rolled into Portland Oregon recently. The attendance listed in Billboard Magazine was only 8,007. There were over 13,000 tickets available. The gross for the show was slightly more than $500,000 so yet ANOTHER promoter was reamed in this affair assuming they got their $750,000 guarantee to do the show. All of the hagar lovers are really starting to make fools of themselves beyond what I thought was possible. I still see some of these morons trying to claim this tour is doing great business. Nothing could be further from the truth. A very significant number of shows have fallen by the wayside and many promoters are losing a fortune doing business with VHagar. I hope they do another album and tour. It will be worse than this fiasco. And promoters will remember the beating they took financially this year. Trust me.
    Thanks for the info mate!

Another massive no show for Van Hagar.

I also read elsewhere that only 8,600 bothered to turn up at their recent gig in Montreal. According to the venue's website, it holds 14,000 for concerts!

Looks like the final leg of this tour is not doing the kind of business CCC had gambled on.

Roth Army Recruit
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Good for them. Try a reunion with DLR and every place would be soldout for sure. Ditch Sammy Hagar and have a real show.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Where does this $750,000 per show figure come from? Seems a bit steep to me.

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by darkknight
    Where does this $750,000 per show figure come from? Seems a bit steep to me.
    Out of the promoters pocket if the show doesn't cover it which most shows aren't.

That's why nobody will touch another tour from these losers.

Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I understand that, but my question is how does anyone know what VH"s fee is for a concert and where did the $750g's figure come from?

guwapo_rocker
    Originally posted by darkknight
    I understand that, but my question is how does anyone know what VH"s fee is for a concert and where did the $750g's figure come from?
    I can't remember, it was posted here somewhere right at the beginning of the tour.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

The $750,000 figure

Melodicrock.com posted info a few months back about VHagar getting $750,000 as thier guarantee. I can't remember exactly what month it was but it was there plain for everyone to see. Also there have been a few articles written in trade mags such as Billbaord and Radio & Records. The thing is-- promoters were gambling that the 6 yrs away plus VH's more than 50 million albums sold in the U.S. (34 million of which come from the ROTH era) would be a good bet for a sold out tour. Kiss had done phenominal business in 96' on their first comeback/reunion and so had the Eagles & F Mac on their first reunion tours. Of course we ALL know what has happened on this tour. It has failed BADLY to meet expectations on every front (industry, band, & management). It is not that uncommon for a band to do a tour that loses money, especially if they have been around and have some clout and can get guaranteed contracts. Of course I haven't seen the contracts for Vhagar but it's easy for me to believe (knowing what I know) that they could be getting the $750,000 figure that has been reported by various sources, most of which are pretty legit. But ultimately where they pay is when they try and tour again. If you LOSE money in the entertainment industry word spreads like wildfire. And a significant number of promoters have lost money promoting VHagar according to many people in the industry. I have a friend who works at Sanctuary and although he obvisouly has no connection to VHagar he has told me a couple of times since the tour started that it's not doing very well according to his other friends in the industry and that is the reason everyone is already hearing rumblings of discontent within the VHagar camp. To me it's simple. Where there is smoke there is fire. I read Billboard every week and ALL of the numbers I've seen for this tour and the BOBW set have been well below what I thought they would be. And I've been studying the charts for about 20 yrs (it's a hobby of mine). If this tour were selling out all over the place I hardly doubt you'd see hagar giving interviews about having more fun with his solo band and hinting that the end is near. Anyone with half a brain can see this thing absolutely did not meet expectations. Hence the finger pointing in the band's camp about what's wrong with the tour. The bottom line is that the demand was just not that big for Vhagar. No 2 ways about it.

diamond den™

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

I hope you're not talking to me

Because only a a total fucking ignorant degenerate would argue the OFFICIAL NUMBERS this joke of a tour has put up. There have been a multitude of articles written about the woes this tour is having in entertainment magazines and industry magazines. Not to mention LOOOOONG list of HALF EMPTY arena's they're playing in front of.

guwapo_rocker
    HECFI officials have been touting various events - Van Halen concert, Gotta Skate, and Matthew Good Band - as successes.But other outside observers say the events have lost money. There is even talk of a freeze on spending to meet the bottom line.

Link

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Like I said

Several music industry mags and newspapers have all run stories about Vhagar's disappointing turnouts. Also this week in Billboard there was an article about the tours this year that did really well in 2004. Vhagar was NO FUCKING WHERE to be found in the article that I read. In fact Billboard has run a couple of stories about 2004 touring that have mentioned (among others) Vhagar's touring woes. You'd have to be a damn idiot to try and say this tour has been a success. Just because a tour grosses a lot of money overall doesn't mean it did well in terms of net profit or promoters turning profits. Then again I keep forgetting that the average hagar fan doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Especially when it comes to the music business.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    May the sheep ... weep.

At the beginning of the tour, we had the major infestation of sheep in here crowing about it.

LSD, dysfunctional, kid vegas ...

Anyone for a "Where Are They Now" segment?

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by ALinChainz

LSD, dysfunctional, kid vegas ...

Anyone for a "Where Are They Now" segment?
    Actually I did that...............trust me these fuckers are all around us, just with different lame ass names.

Dave's Towing
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
    Actually I did that...............trust me these fuckers are all around us, just with different lame ass names.
    In that case ...

BAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now what?!?!

We'll smirk as they lurk.

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Melodicrock.com posted info a few months back about VHagar getting $750,000 as thier guarantee. I can't remember exactly what month it was but it was there plain for everyone to see. Also there have been a few articles written in trade mags such as Billbaord and Radio & Records. The thing is-- promoters were gambling that the 6 yrs away plus VH's more than 50 million albums sold in the U.S. (34 million of which come from the ROTH era) would be a good bet for a sold out tour. Kiss had done phenominal business in 96' on their first comeback/reunion and so had the Eagles & F Mac on their first reunion tours. Of course we ALL know what has happened on this tour. It has failed BADLY to meet expectations on every front (industry, band, & management). It is not that uncommon for a band to do a tour that loses money, especially if they have been around and have some clout and can get guaranteed contracts. Of course I haven't seen the contracts for Vhagar but it's easy for me to believe (knowing what I know) that they could be getting the $750,000 figure that has been reported by various sources, most of which are pretty legit. But ultimately where they pay is when they try and tour again. If you LOSE money in the entertainment industry word spreads like wildfire. And a significant number of promoters have lost money promoting VHagar according to many people in the industry. I have a friend who works at Sanctuary and although he obvisouly has no connection to VHagar he has told me a couple of times since the tour started that it's not doing very well according to his other friends in the industry and that is the reason everyone is already hearing rumblings of discontent within the VHagar camp. To me it's simple. Where there is smoke there is fire. I read Billboard every week and ALL of the numbers I've seen for this tour and the BOBW set have been well below what I thought they would be. And I've been studying the charts for about 20 yrs (it's a hobby of mine). If this tour were selling out all over the place I hardly doubt you'd see hagar giving interviews about having more fun with his solo band and hinting that the end is near. Anyone with half a brain can see this thing absolutely did not meet expectations. Hence the finger pointing in the band's camp about what's wrong with the tour. The bottom line is that the demand was just not that big for Vhagar. No 2 ways about it.
    Thanks for the insight. You obviously know what you are talking about.

Would the average rock fan even RECOGNIZE a Van Hagar song if they heard it?

Time for Hagar to stop profiting from the legend that Dave created.
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by dave_is_vh
    YYOOOWWW!!! EXCELLENT QUOTE!!!!! YOW!!!!

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by dave_is_vh

I love this quote! How many times can you vote for someone, because I'd like to give him another 5 point props!
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

Who rules? I DO.
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I wish I thought of that quote!! Big 5 for DaveisVH!! that one quote pretty much sums up the last 19 years!!!

Sniper

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's as if Hagar is receiving wellfare from Dave. Since he can't make any money as a solo artist, club owner, or tequila vendor, Hagar is instead picking Dave's pocket selling "Van Halen" tickets to an unsuspecting public. At least Dave knows how to take care of himself.

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Wait until Roth plays Portland again.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by m49085
    Wait until Roth plays Portland again.
    Depends. Last time he played Portland he played at the Roseland theater and it was shortly after the Sam & Dave tour...was a good turnout, about 1,500-2,000 I think. I wasn't able to go due to being outside of the area at the time, but I knew several people from work that did go and they said it was a positive turnout, low production costs and an excellent show.

Worlds away from massive tour productions and shitty turnouts, which is basically what Van Hagar's been churning out ever since this tour began.

The Cosmic Shame
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was just looking at the weekly figures

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._concert_tours

VH is at #10 which is all well and good, but if you do the math and divide by avg. ticket price it's only 9,376 people.

Look at the rest of the list and you see:
    Sting (#3) 14,402 people
    Metallica (#4) 15,405 people
    The Cure (#18) 11,903 people
    Beastie Boys (#19) 9,525 people
    John Mayer (#18) 12,018 People

So per capita, it's not so hot..
    You have to wonder, if the tickets were cheaper would it have put more asses in the seats, or is their drawing power just not that hot (I've no doubt what the answer will be around here!)

Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    well well the figures seem to be in...i attended two shows Toronto and Hamilton both very good and both done well.....however lets think about two things:

1- Get Ed some help !! or it will all be over and two -

2- Lets see the proof in the pudding DLR back with Van Halen

Very interesting times for all Van Halen fans or should they just pack it in??

Peace

The Todd Show
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

The gross for the show was slightly more than $500,000 so yet ANOTHER promoter was reamed in this affair assuming they got their $750,000 guarantee to do the show.
    There won't be a promoter on the planet that will touch another Van Hagar tour...ever

Mezro...ripping off the fans, ripping off the promoters and ripping away the last of their integrity...sack huggers...
    Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If I remember correctly they are getting a lower guarantee on the second leg of the tour, so the promoters probably haven't been taking it so bad on this leg.

Ih VH does tour with Hagar again they will have to tone down the size of their venues, in most markets they just can't fill a full sized arena anymore. Unless of course the next album is a big hit, but I won't be holding my breath.

Thread Information