SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,579 Times in 3,458 Posts

Colin Powell Resigns as Secretary of State

CNN has reported that Colin Powell will step down as Secretary of State. He resigned Friday and it is pending Bush's acceptance.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    09-12-2020 @ 06:51 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Not too surprising. Well, his credibility was completely shattered as far as I'm concerned. I certainly would not want to negotiate with him.

Powell was a good guy though. The best of gw's cabinet. So of course he comes out damaged goods.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

The Guided Ninja
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    06-27-2010 @ 11:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Powell was a good guy. I'll be sorry to see him go...

The Guided Ninja
    Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    06-27-2010 @ 11:29 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Of course, I was more upset to see Ashcroft leave.

Thank God he's still here, kicking ass at the Army...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,297 Times in 4,722 Posts

Maybe he can somehow buy his dignity back now, but it's probably too late for his soul.

The bad news here is that so far, all of those jumping ship are NOT the PNAC'ers. That is definitely not painting a good picture of Fourth Reich : Act II

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Hopefully they'll find another deep-thinking moderate to counteract Cheney and Rummy.

Secretary of Energy Spence Abraham will also leave. In addition to the already known Sec of Education (Many Child's Left Behind & "The NEA is a terrorist organization") Ron Paige.

Also, one more major figure will leave today reportedly.
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-15-2004 at 10:13 AM.

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Please get rid of Condi. She should have resigned on 9/12/01.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I want to see the PNAC neocon zionfascists purged immediately. Israeli spies have no business in our nations capitol. Unfortunately, this round of defections seems to be doing exactly the opposite.

Things are looking darker all the time

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by FORD
    I want to see the PNAC neocon zionfascists purged immediately. Israeli spies have no business in our nations capitol. Unfortunately, this round of defections seems to be doing exactly the opposite.

Things are looking darker all the time

FORD, do you really think they'll give up their stranglehold on power? We both know the answer.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Here's The Offical Media Story

Colin Powell resigns
    Further Cabinet resignations expected
    Monday, November 15, 2004 Posted: 10:29 AM EST (1529 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell has submitted his resignation to President Bush, the White House said on Monday.

Powell is the most prominent of four Cabinet officials whose resignations will be announced Monday, sources told CNN.

The others will be Agriculture Secretary Anne Veneman, Education Secretary Rod Paige and Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham, the sources said.

Powell told his senior staff that he planned to stay on until a replacement was confirmed, State Department officials said.

State Department officials told CNN that Bush and Powell decided mutually that it was time for him to go.

The officials said that Powell plans to keep working on a number of key issues, including North Korean nuclear talks, the Iraqi elections scheduled for January and Middle East peace process.

Powell was scheduled to travel to Egypt next week for a conference on Iraq.

A senior official said Monday that the State Department was trying to arrange a meeting between Powell and the new Palestinian leadership, but added the details have not been worked out. A date and place have not been set, the official said.

The official made the comment after Palestinian Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath told reporters in Gaza City that Powell was expected to meet with the leadership next week in the West Bank.

Rumors have swirled about Powell's role in a second Bush administration, but neither the president nor the secretary had spoken publicly about his future.

Last week, when asked if he wanted Powell to stay on to oversee the Mideast peace process Bush told reporters: "I'm proud of my secretary of state. He's done a heck of a good job."

Powell told reporters that he had had several conversations with the president, but would not comment on what they said.

Secretary of State Colin Powell plans to stay on until his replacement is confirmed, officials say. "Buh-bye bitch!"

Ford's Daddy
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-01-2012 @ 08:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
    Hopefully they'll find another deep-thinking moderate to counteract Cheney and Rummy.
    Moderates by definition aren't "deep-thinking" individuals.

Commando

Member No
    Last Online
    09-28-2007 @ 11:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks

WASHINGTON (Nov. 15) -- Secretary of State Colin Powell, who pleaded President Bush's case for ousting Iraq's Saddam Hussein to a skeptical U.N. Security Council, told top aides Monday he will resign from the Cabinet, high-ranking State Department officials said.

Powell, who long has been rumored planning only a single term with Bush, told his aides that he intends to leave once Bush settles on whom to succeed him, said the officials, speaking on condition of anonymity.

Word of Powell's imminent departure kicked off a new week of Cabinet shuffling for Bush, who is planning his second term.

Besides Powell, others whose resignations were confirmed Monday included Agriculture Secretary Ann Veneman, Education Secretary Rod Paige and Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham.

White House press secretary Scott McClellan said he did not expect any announcements Monday on replacements

The White House was preparing an announcement to confirm Powell's resignation. According to one official, Powell expects that his departure date will be sometime in January. It was not immediately clear whether he would leave before Bush's second inauguration, on Jan 20.

Most of the speculation on a successor has centered on U.N. Ambassador John Danforth, a Republican and former U.S. senator from Missouri, and national security adviser Condoleezza Rice.

Powell has had a controversial tenure in the secretary of state's job, reportedly differing on some key issues at various junctures with Secretary of Defense Donald H. Rumsfeld. Powell, however, has generally had good relations with his counterparts around the world, although his image standing has been strained by the U.S.-led war in Iraq.

Powell, a former chairman of the military Joint Chiefs of Staff, led the Bush administration argument at the United Nations for a military attack to oust Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, arguing a weapons-of-mass-destruction threat that the administration could never buttress.

Powell submitted his letter of resignation to the President on Friday. He will go about his usual schedule and will continue at full speed until a successor is named and in place, a senior administration said.

Powell was scheduled to meet later Monday with Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom and was to attend a meeting of Asian officials in Chile Wednesday and a mutinational conference on Iraq next week.

He told some two dozen staff members of his projected departure at the start of the day.

For many months, Powell had been viewed as a one-term secretary of state but he has always been vague about his intentions. He had said repeatedly in recent weeks that he serves at ''the pleasure of the president.''

One senior official said that Powell's departure was part of a much broader Cabinet shakeup, details of which should be disclosed soon.

There had been speculation that Powell might elect to stay on until after the Iraqi elections at the end of January, but the senior official made no reference to that possibility.

Iraq has dominated Powell's attention during his nearly four years as secretary of state. Powell will perhaps be best remembered for that U.N. Security Council appearance on Feb. 5, 2003, during which he argued that Saddam must be removed because of its possession of weapons of mass destruction.

There is no evidence that those claims had any foundation. Powell has maintained all along that the use of force of by the American coalition in Iraq was justified.

Maybe he's wakin up and does'nt want to be one of BUSH'S sheep anymore...BUHBYE

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
    Moderates by definition aren't "deep-thinking" individuals.
    What's the definition of a deep thinking individual, on who takes orders from God?

THE SHEEP PEN
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-16-2024 @ 08:50 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,046 Times in 487 Posts

Originally posted by ODShowtime
    I agree. She sure didn't do her job whatsoever. Nice that she left a detailed report on reported plane attacks on buildings in New York sitting on her desk since August, unread.

Ford's Daddy
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

What's the definition of a deep thinking individual, on who takes orders from God?
    Nope. It's one who doesn't believe the government knows how to take care of their personal business better than they do.

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by John Ashcroft
    Nope. It's one who doesn't believe the government knows how to take care of their personal business better than they do.
    Which is why it was ridiculous and hypocritical for you and your conservative buddies to vote for somebody because they vow to make something illegal that is no one's god-damned business.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    10-15-2023 @ 08:00 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Which is why it was ridiculous and hypocritical for you and your conservative buddies to vote for somebody because they vow to make something illegal that is no one's god-damned business.

No doubt. First time I haven't voted Republican in my life, just over this issue.

P.S.- Gee, FORD- it's been at least 5 years and I see not a damn thing has changed.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by b1c2
    No doubt. First time I haven't voted Republican in my life, just over this issue.

P.S.- Gee, FORD- it's been at least 5 years and I see not a damn thing has changed.
    Wait a minute.....

YOU didn't vote Republican???

Hey, who says miracles don't happen anymore

And what's supposed to change? I never liked Junior, so why should I start now, when you seem not to care for him yourself?

MLU as always,

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Actually I didn't vote at all this year. Don't like Kerry, couldn't support Bush because of his feelings on gay marriage. I do, however, fully support his efforts on the war. After all, he is still my boss.

What's supposed to change!?! LOTS! Ranting didn't affect the outcome, just elevated your blood pressure and pissed people off. Remember what my dear SOUTHERN mother taught me, you'll catch more flies with sugar than honey.

Drop me a line sometime and give me an update on your life. Hope all is well w/the family, L & J, etc.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

If that's the case, Richard Clarke should have committed suicide for the travesty he left this nation in.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    If that's the case, Richard Clarke should have committed suicide for the travesty he left this nation in.
    Wrong. Richard Clarke tried to warn the BCE about Bin Laden. They deliberately ignored him, and took him off of terrorism.

Why, because they wanted an attack on this country, a "new PERLE Harbor" to justify the PNAC agenda.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Wrong. Richard Clarke tried to warn the BCE about Bin Laden. They deliberately ignored him, and took him off of terrorism.

Why, because they wanted an attack on this country, a "new PERLE Harbor" to justify the PNAC agenda.

Oh PUHleese! Tell me you don't really believe that! No one wanted an attack on our nation except the morons that did it and those that supported them. It wasn't a conspiracy, it was a fucking tragedy and now we're tasked with taking care of the whole mess. Could things have been handled better? Sure but excuse us, we've never had planes ran into our buildings, we've never had our own citizens used as missles against more of our own. It wasn't like there was a LOI on how to deal with this. No one believed this could really happen. We should have believed it but didn't. A mistake, yes. A conspiracy, nope.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by b1c2
    Oh PUHleese! Tell me you don't really believe that! No one wanted an attack on our nation except the morons that did it and those that supported them. It wasn't a conspiracy, it was a fucking tragedy and now we're tasked with taking care of the whole mess. Could things have been handled better? Sure but excuse us, we've never had planes ran into our buildings, we've never had our own citizens used as missles against more of our own. It wasn't like there was a LOI on how to deal with this. No one believed this could really happen. We should have believed it but didn't. A mistake, yes. A conspiracy, nope.
    Most sense I've heard all day--first Five Stars for you.

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by BigBadBrian

A complete falsehood. Clark tried to warn Condi and was ignored. This is well documented.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A complete falsehood. Clark tried to warn Condi and was ignored. This is well documented.
    That little whore Condi deliberately cut Clark out of meetings and she lied before the 9/11 Commission, but it's okay 'cause she looked good doing it!

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh and guess who's up for SECSTATE? Condi!

All we do is reward incompetence.

Groupie

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Most sense I've heard all day--first Five Stars for you.
    Wow, thanks. I'm honored. Right back atcha too.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh and guess who's up for SECSTATE? Condi!

All we do is reward incompetence.
    Considering Dickie Crashcart and his Pet Chimp are the 2 biggest incompetents and serial failures on this planet, that really shouldn't be a surprise.

A black woman as SECSTATE?

Pure politics, nothing else.

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

but it's okay 'cause she looked good doing it!
    uhh... not really.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

uhh... not really.

I was speaking about the "Oprah" lovin' crowd that seemed infatuated with her supposed charm while ignoring the fact she either dodged or spun every question she was asked. She is your typical lazy cabinet level Bush official.

I don't find her attractive personally. But if I had a six-pack in me...who knows? There was a very funny Bloom County a few months back in which Opus gives Condi a sensual foot massage--great stuff!
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-15-2004 at 02:45 PM.

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I don't find her attractive personally. But if I had a six-pack in me...who knows?
    I know what you really meant. I was just taking an easy swing at the gremlin-lookin' bitch.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Considering Dickie Crashcart and his Pet Chimp are the 2 biggest incompetents and serial failures on this planet, that really shouldn't be a surprise.

A black woman as SECSTATE?

Pure politics, nothing else.
    What's wrong with a black woman as Secretary of State?

I thought liberals were for equal rights.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2023 @ 06:47 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Originally posted by Warham

That's another lie, Warham! And Ford wonders why I called him out on his closet Klan member status? His post you quoted settles my case right there.

Would you be more comfortable if she was serving tea and washing dishes, Ford? Using that 'logic', the new Attorney General's a publicity stunt, too, to get the wetback vote.

2004, almost 2005 yet people of color are STILL relegated to the back of the bus.

That's fucked up!

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Or should she be out working the cotton gin?

Ford's Daddy
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As long as blacks stay on the plantation, liberal's have no problem with them.

Hell, remember the memo from the Judicial Committee?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Switch84
    Using that 'logic', the new Attorney General's a publicity stunt, too, to get the wetback vote.

You're probably not too far off the liberal's point of conspiracy view...

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

If that's the standard, then how dare Geraldine Ferraro, the libs biggest female star of the 80's, run on the Democratic ticket in 1984!

She had no right! She should have been home baking cookies!

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    Oh great, now we have "zionfascist" running the country.

Tell me something FORD, just what exactly is your neighbor's dog telling you?

Kill A Commie For Mommy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:08 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,062 Posts

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Warham

Well, she's an "zionfascist" after all.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

How about a competent African-American woman who doesn't lie like a rug to the 9/11 Commission. But the Bush Admin. rewards failure and stupidity in order to make the Prez. look good!

By the way Condi-bady Osama's not a threat so let's just ignore him!

Thread Information