Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roth with VAI Videos

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Roth with VAI Videos

Hey guys I am looking for Roth with Vai on Video. I don't have much of anytghing to trade, but we all had to start somewhere! Help a brother out please!

I have

DLR live in Milan 1998 MP3
    Van Hagar St.Louis 2004 DVD
    Van Halen blueprint. Studio demos of songs on the VH1 album. In FLAC

Thank you!

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bet TNG's got boat loads of Hagar. Anybody want some?
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Lou

Re: Roth with VAI Videos

Originally posted by TongueNGroove
    I have

DLR live in Milan 1998 MP3
    You understand that doesn't count, right?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Originally posted by diamondsgirl
    Bet TNG's got boat loads of Hagar. Anybody want some?
    Everybody Want Some.....
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status

Re: Re: Roth with VAI Videos

Originally posted by Lou
    You understand that doesn't count, right?
    Stop the bit torrent insanity!!!!

Lou
    I'm gonna spell this out again:

MP3's have fucking DEVASTATED VH trading. Do you understand that?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    I'm gonna spell this out again:

MP3's have fucking DEVASTATED VH trading. Do you understand that?
    And I will say this again, MP3's are more popular and easier to download than bit torrent. Do you understand that? If it were better (torrent) would it not be burying MP3's by now? Damn Lou, anytime Ive TRIED to download a bit file, I always get jammed, or the file takes so fucking long I can't honestly tell you if they are better or not. They could very well be, but damn its just not as accessible to everyone.
    Now stop being angry.

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    Everybody Want Some.....
    yeah, some nookie, but not some Hagar

Lou
    And I will say this again, MP3's are more popular and easier to download than bit torrent. Do you understand that? If it were better (torrent) would it not be burying MP3's by now? Damn Lou, anytime Ive TRIED to download a bit file, I always get jammed, or the file takes so fucking long I can't honestly tell you if they are better or not. They could very well be, but damn its just not as accessible to everyone.
    Now stop being angry.
    You are a prime example of an ignorant VH fan, taking pride in his ignorance.

Lou
    The VH fan has always done what's convenient over the years, that's for sure. Couldn't give a fuck about keeping something the highest quality possible.

In the days of tape trading, all the Fair Warning shows which ran 95-100 minutes had the encores chopped off, because people didn't want to "waste" another cassette to have Unchained and ATBL.

In the days of 74 minute CD-R's, cuts would be made to fit the show on one CD-R, so as not to "waste" another one.

In the days of mp3, total apathy set in as people simply didn't care if they spread around inferior copies. No quality control whatsoever, so the trading communty went to shit.

I got so friggin' lucky to find a couple of old schoolers who do not trade with those at vhtrading.com and have maintained their low-gen tapes over the years. Without them, it'd be a hopeless cause. But I suppose none of this means anything to you, mp3 is just great and who cares about quality as long as you get to hear it right? As long as it's convenient, that's what counts.

Marlowe01
    Bit Torrent sucks balls...enough said.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    A MP3 at 128kbps is the same as a CD. MP3 is not the end of the world. Yah I would rather have mp3 than nothing at all. I would just assume have wmv as vob too.
    Last edited by TongueNGroove; 11-15-2004 at 10:54 PM.
    -We have enough youth. How about a fountain of "Smart"?

-If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier.

Lou
    Yeah enough said

Enough said about you, ya moron. I want you to trek into any trading community but this one and say that, you'll get your ass handed to you.

When you get a clue about quality, and about good music in general (i.e. Buckcherry is BAD music) come back and we can talk.

This is yet another example of the ignorant VH fan who proudly embraces his ignorance.

Lou
    Originally posted by TongueNGroove
    A MP3 at 128hrz is the same as a CD. MP3 is not the end of the world. Yah I would rather have mp3 than nothing at all. I would just assume have wmv as vob too.
    Why don't they rename this forum "Mp3's for Fucking Idiots Corner" because that's what this is.

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was in the middle of writing a long speech about this debate...then I said to myself...'who fucking cares what these morons think or do? Let them wallow in their belief that mp3 is just as good as lossless.'

I think I know how Christopher Columbus felt when he tried to convince people that the Earth was round.

All it takes is a little time and patience to get into lossless and Bit Torrenting.

If someone offered you a Lamborguini to replace your old car, and all you had to do was read the owners manual, wouldn't you do it?

"No way man...Lamborguini's suck balls...enough said."
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Lou
    I have no problem letting idiots wallow in mp3, except when they go to trade it and pollute the community and think that's OK.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Anytime you use a compression format you loose quality...it's that simple.

Lou
    No it's not.

SHN and FLAC, when converted back to WAV produce an identical WAV as before. This is empirically provable using md5 checksums. You can create a checksum for the WAV before compressing to SHN or FLAC. Then when you convert it back to WAV, you can run the checksum to see if it matches. If it matches, it's the same thing.

Then again you're probably an mp3 lover so you wouldn't really know any of this.

You're wrong.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    The VH fan has always done what's convenient over the years, that's for sure. Couldn't give a fuck about keeping something the highest quality possible.

In the days of tape trading, all the Fair Warning shows which ran 95-100 minutes had the encores chopped off, because people didn't want to "waste" another cassette to have Unchained and ATBL.

In the days of 74 minute CD-R's, cuts would be made to fit the show on one CD-R, so as not to "waste" another one.

In the days of mp3, total apathy set in as people simply didn't care if they spread around inferior copies. No quality control whatsoever, so the trading communty went to shit.

I got so friggin' lucky to find a couple of old schoolers who do not trade with those at vhtrading.com and have maintained their low-gen tapes over the years. Without them, it'd be a hopeless cause. But I suppose none of this means anything to you, mp3 is just great and who cares about quality as long as you get to hear it right? As long as it's convenient, that's what counts.
    Somewhere in there I detect a certain superiority complex over something trivial to me. Not because I maybe a "typical VH fan" but more so over the fact that an MP3 to me, sounds great. Its got nothing to do with "quality control" but perhaps it own popularity and reputation for being "better"? Like I said earlier the downloads take along time and Im not a patient enough person to wait the four extra days to hear a 1/billionth of a difference in quality... Im quite content with what I hear now. And you'll probably find more people who share that view.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think someone "cares" TOO fucking much! We all have our own opinions, but to call me or anyone else that doesn't use bit torrent a 'fucking moron' or 'ignorant VH fan' is just plain rude.

Lou
    Somewhere in there I detect a certain superiority complex over something trivial to me. Not because I maybe a "typical VH fan" but more so over the fact that an MP3 to me, sounds great. Its got nothing to do with "quality control" but perhaps it own popularity and reputation for being "better"? Like I said earlier the downloads take along time and Im not a patient enough person to wait the four extra days to hear a 1/billionth of a difference in quality... Im quite content with what I hear now. And you'll probably find more people who share that view.
    Again wrong. Bit Torrent popularity is rising. LESS people are sharing that view and moving away from mp3. There are literally 100 new shows a day put up at easytree.org .

That attitude truly is idiotic. Go on a Rush, Nirvana or Led Zeppelin trading board and try to make your case that mp3 is just fine. You will be laughed at and deservedly so.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    Again wrong. Bit Torrent popularity is rising. LESS people are sharing that view and moving away from mp3. There are literally 100 new shows a day put up at easytree.org .

That attitude truly is idiotic. Go on a Rush, Nirvana or Led Zeppelin trading board and try to make your case that mp3 is just fine. You will be laughed at and deservedly so.
    Like i said BEFORE, was that I TRIED downloading the bit torrent files and I got nowhere! I gave up. Why would that be??? This does not make me an idiot.Going to a Rush, Zeppelin or Nirvana board however, would. Tell me what software I need downloaded to use and share these files so I can try again. I mean really man, you've told me NOTHING of how to download or where I can use it.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou

Go on a Rush, Nirvana or Led Zeppelin trading board and try to make your case that mp3 is just fine. You will be laughed at and deservedly so.
    Maybe you should plead your case to the classicvanhalen.com site or even our very own Army? Not too mention ddlr.com or eddievanhalen.com.... Theres probably tonnes of "idiots" over there?

Lou
    That is absolutely, 100% right. Those idiots have fucking RUINED VH trading. I got really, really lucky and found a couple of old-schoolers who in no way, shape or form associate with those people. I hardly have to plead my case for quality to dolts like you who will never get it.

Here you go, here's your Bit Torrent information. http://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?t=311

This by the way is a Van Halen bit torrent site (regrettably all eras, but what can you do) which does not accept mp3. Membership and popularity are on the rise.

BTW guess what, DDLR hosts HARDLY any mp3 shows. It's all vines (meaning you actually send stuff through the mail).

Sex Bomb Baby
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey Lou, the hub actually has quite a few Lossless shows in SHN and FLAC... you probably have all the stuff, but you should still check it out!

dave le roi
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I have a DLR band show from Montreal with VAI and SHeenan,i think that 's a 1986 show!
    little french dreamer hate those Van Hagar backstage party!!
    http://deliajolie.spaces.live.com/

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    That is absolutely, 100% right. Those idiots have fucking RUINED VH trading. I got really, really lucky and found a couple of old-schoolers who in no way, shape or form associate with those people. I hardly have to plead my case for quality to dolts like you who will never get it.

Here you go, here's your Bit Torrent information. http://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?t=311

This by the way is a Van Halen bit torrent site (regrettably all eras, but what can you do) which does not accept mp3. Membership and popularity are on the rise.

BTW guess what, DDLR hosts HARDLY any mp3 shows. It's all vines (meaning you actually send stuff through the mail).
    the link you gave me was broken. Bringing my belief further into the direction that since mp3's are easily accessible, they will remain the #1 file share. That doesn't make me a dolt. In fact, I think that isolates you more than me. When download programs like Kazaa + or WinMx or MusicMatch or Windows Media Player STILL use software designed soley for wav and or mp3, it makes you wonder who the idiots really are. I would LOVE to hear Classic Van Halen boots real clean and flawless with a torrent file, but I CANT download them. Why am I the idiot???

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't be stuck in stupid gear here Lou, Im simply asking you for help on downloading and you are brushing me off. If you want to keep your Club House for Bit Torrent users to no more than 12, that's fine. But don't tell me and anyone who'll listen that we're idiots for enjoying what we can from VH music- :confused:

So I guess what my daughter really meant to write on her Christmas list was a "Bit Torrent" player and not an "MP3" player then?

Lou
    The link works fine. I just clicked on it again. Maybe you have to be registered at jamtothis.com to see it, but it's definitely working for me.

Oh no! The horror of isolating myself from the SHIT that's on Kazaa and WinMX. Damn I'm really the one missing out on all those mp3s. What another dumb-ass statement on your end.

I'm not brushing you off. Here are websites that do Bit Torrenting:

http://everydayjones.com/BitTorrent
    http://www.jamtothis.com
    http://www.easytree.org

Don't say those links don't work either

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    The link works fine. I just clicked on it again. Maybe you have to be registered at jamtothis.com to see it, but it's definitely working for me.

Oh no! The horror of isolating myself from the SHIT that's on Kazaa and WinMX. Damn I'm really the one missing out on all those mp3s. What another dumb-ass statement on your end.

I'm not brushing you off. Here are websites that do Bit Torrenting:

http://everydayjones.com/BitTorrent
    http://www.jamtothis.com
    http://www.easytree.org

Don't say those links don't work either
    No I wont say those ones are not working, because they are. But the first link STILL isn't. Either way, I spent the morning browsing links and FAQ's about the bit torrent files, and you are right. They are the BEST in quality. Gauranteed. The part you are not mentioning, is that the average download, for cable modem users, is 4 hours. Why so long? Well that's the other part you are not mentioning. The files are 500 to 600 MB. Gee, not too big for A song....

I stick with what takes under 4 hours to download, thanks.

Lou
    Yup, convenience over quality. You know you can just let it run in the background while you're doing other things, right? You know you can put it on overnight and let it download?

If 4 hours is a long time for you, for really good music, you need serious help.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    Yup, convenience over quality. You know you can just let it run in the background while you're doing other things, right? You know you can put it on overnight and let it download?

If 4 hours is a long time for you, for really good music, you need serious help.
    LOL Oh ok. You "win" man. Overnight, background downloading....? Nah. 2 mins for a quality, that to ME, is just fine, is the direction I tend to lead into. Why would I need serious help? Im enjoying my music, albeit MP3's, but enjoying it. Give it a rest. Sheesh. Your last name isn't Torrent is it??? I read back a page, and your post that includes "typical ignorant Van Halen fan" kinda sticks to me a bit. I guess because Im not sure what a typical ignorant Van Halen fan is...? Is that someone who was a Hagar fan first, then a Classic Van Halen band wagon jumper-on or...is that something else altogether? :confused:

Lou
    I'll clarify and say typical ignorant VH music collector. You are undoubtedly one of those.

What you do not, and will never understand, is that trading mp3-sourced shows (meaning you burn the mp3 back to an audio CD as if nothing happened to the quality) puts the real thing out of commission, it makes it extinct. When people then go to trade for shows, all this mp3-sourced SHIT is in the community and you can't get back the real thing anymore.

Your attitude towards that is who cares, and I should just accept that. Hence you are a typical ignorant VH music collector.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    I'll clarify and say typical ignorant VH music collector. You are undoubtedly one of those.

What you do not, and will never understand, is that trading mp3-sourced shows (meaning you burn the mp3 back to an audio CD as if nothing happened to the quality) puts the real thing out of commission, it makes it extinct. When people then go to trade for shows, all this mp3-sourced SHIT is in the community and you can't get back the real thing anymore.

Your attitude towards that is who cares, and I should just accept that. Hence you are a typical ignorant VH music collector.
    I dont "COLLECT" Van Halen music for TRADING. I download what is available through here,(and classicvanhalen.com) music from CVH, that I have not heard before.. I dont trade that with anyone. Never have. The only thing Ive traded were VHS and DVD's of boots. But thanks for ASSuming anything about me at all. If you are searching for a 'Holy Grail' of CVH, God bless and may peace be with you on your long journey. Just don't preach along the way-

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BTW, I care very much about the quality of my fav rock n roll band and solo artist, but without the means and software available to download, then convert 600 MB songs onto a hard-drive, then onto a CDR, after which, if Im lucky will only take overnight to do- theres really not alot I can do, but enjoy what IS available to me, without being pointed at, or called ignorant. You enjoy your VH, and I'll enjoy mine.

Lou
    Why don't you sign up for vines on DDLR.com . There have been plenty of those and none are mp3-sourced.

Lou
    http://www.vhtrading.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6351

As of this second, the poll is 17-2 against mp3. It says 16-3, but a user said that he accidentally voted in favor of mp3 when he meant to vote against it.

I hope this link works for you.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    http://www.vhtrading.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6351

As of this second, the poll is 17-2 against mp3. It says 16-3, but a user said that he accidentally voted in favor of mp3 when he meant to vote against it.

I hope this link works for you.
    a small based poll on a small website is just not enough of a kick in the pants for me. LOL In fact, I would need to see a restructure on the downloading community across the web before Id consider it worth it. Most of the music I have is bought and paid for. (I know Im a sucker) But Im of the belief, that if I didn't buy it, then I dont own it. The other boots I own are, Dave's rarities from this site, After Zero and Zero from www.classicvanhalen.com and that's it. But like I said before, its not that I dont think MP3's are a shitty source, I believe they are. Its the accessibility.

This might sound dumb, but what is a "vine"?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The live downloads from this site: London Invasion or Diver Down tours etc... I downloaded a few songs from each and the quality to me is shit, so i never bothered getting the rest. More crowd noise, and feedback than music to me....

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    RE: Roth with VAI Videos...

here's one!

http://www.jamtothis.com/showthread.php?t=487

Thread Information