Thread: Roth with VAI Videos

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Another 2cents from me:

I think that Lou's rage over mp3's comes from trades that he had made in the past that ended up being mp3 SHIT.

Follow me on this one...

Let's say you have a .wav file. You take that .wav file and encode it to mp3 because its 1998 and no-one knew any better. That mp3 file that you just made will probably sound just fine on your computer, and on the higher bit-rate settings will be almost un-noticably different in sound.

Here is the problem: people were taking those mp3 files, converting them BACK into .wav so that they could burn them with their new-fangled cd-burners because it was 1999 and we had the technology.

Imagine that a wet sponge represents a .wav file. When you convert to mp3 you essentially 'squeeze' the water (data) out of the sponge (file). Converting back to .wav is re-shaping the sponge, but minus the water. When THIS happens, the difference in audio quality is obvious and unmistakable.

That's why Lou is so pissed.

Its not hard to learn. Quality is worth the wait.
    Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Lou
    Originally posted by Big Troubles
    The live downloads from this site: London Invasion or Diver Down tours etc... I downloaded a few songs from each and the quality to me is shit, so i never bothered getting the rest. More crowd noise, and feedback than music to me....
    Oh so you're picky about quality in the analog source but not picky about it being converted to mp3. Amazing.

Lou
    Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
    Another 2cents from me:

I think that Lou's rage over mp3's comes from trades that he had made in the past that ended up being mp3 SHIT.

Follow me on this one...

Let's say you have a .wav file. You take that .wav file and encode it to mp3 because its 1998 and no-one knew any better. That mp3 file that you just made will probably sound just fine on your computer, and on the higher bit-rate settings will be almost un-noticably different in sound.

Here is the problem: people were taking those mp3 files, converting them BACK into .wav so that they could burn them with their new-fangled cd-burners because it was 1999 and we had the technology.

Imagine that a wet sponge represents a .wav file. When you convert to mp3 you essentially 'squeeze' the water (data) out of the sponge (file). Converting back to .wav is re-shaping the sponge, but minus the water. When THIS happens, the difference in audio quality is obvious and unmistakable.

That's why Lou is so pissed.

Its not hard to learn. Quality is worth the wait.
    And then it goes beyond that...the original thing becomes extinct. Now nobody can access it because the spurious copy has spread like wildfire. Oh but it's important to punish those interested in the REAL thing like me so that fucking morons like BigTroubles can hear the show at degraded quality. "Oh, I'm just glad to hear it!!!" FUCK THAT SHIT. That's a stupid attitude to have when you're talking about a an absolutely PREVENTABLE downgrade in quality. It's not the '80s where tape trading was it unless you had a DAT recorder, and it was inevitable that your copy would be a little worse off than the person you got it from.

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I know. There is a better way, and there really is no excuse for people to bash and ignore it...except that they are lazy.

Screamin' Stuka
    Groupie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Angry

In around 2001-2002 about 70-80% of VH/DLR CD's I received in trades proved to be mp3'd. Especially those which had been "restored" by trying to cut out the clicks between the tracks were a pain in the ass. Certain people were also thinking they were very clever altering the track durations by few seconds so that the clicks were "hidden"...

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    And then it goes beyond that...the original thing becomes extinct. Now nobody can access it because the spurious copy has spread like wildfire. Oh but it's important to punish those interested in the REAL thing like me so that fucking morons like BigTroubles can hear the show at degraded quality. "Oh, I'm just glad to hear it!!!" FUCK THAT SHIT. That's a stupid attitude to have when you're talking about a an absolutely PREVENTABLE downgrade in quality. It's not the '80s where tape trading was it unless you had a DAT recorder, and it was inevitable that your copy would be a little worse off than the person you got it from.

Calling me a 'fucking moron' isn't really helping your cause at all. In fact, I had no idea until now, how delusional you really were. There are CVH fans and then there are people like you, who tear apart just for the sake of putting back together again. Just so they can say they did it. Its great that you found quality music from a band that you jumped on board with while listening to Van Hagar. Im proud of you, I really am. But guess what asshole, you cannot, willnot, ever tell me what to do. Ignorant? Lazy? Like I really give a flying squirrel fart what you "people" think. LOL Oh no. Lou found out I listen to some of the boots on MP3's.... What am I going to do????? LMAO! Get a life Lou. Seriously. Im glad you are enjoying your music. Hurray idiot! Just do me the favor of not breathing my air, or sharing your 'kool-aid' with me. The vaccuum salesmen at my door has a really awesome vaccuum to sell me. It sucks the very fibres from my carpet. Its a canister, so no bags, and in fact comes with a french maid to empty the canister AND do all the vaccuuming. The price is reasonable too. Should I buy it? No thanks. Why asshole? Because it only takes 7 hours to vaccuum up the dirt and she only uses it overnight. Much like your bit torrent. So go back to selling it to someone else. I stand by my convictions. I enjoy what i hear and have NO DOUBT the torrent sharing is much more productive for the longevity and quality of our (well some of our) fav band. But its not for everyone...and for various reasons. And its not really being lazy, its more about having other things to do with myeslf. Now stop pretending you 'look down at me' and start enjoying the site for a change.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    a perception of reality-understanding your place in life will allow you to gain access into the next.
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    Oh so you're picky about quality in the analog source but not picky about it being converted to mp3. Amazing.

No...Pay close attention. Im picky about what I listened to in my truck while working. Is that gonna be ok with you? You SHOULD be telling all your sad little pathetic stories to Sarge, not me. Oh wait...you already did... what was his answer again? Time take your med and relax Lou..

Lou
    I'm not pretending to look down on you, I really am looking down on you. You epitomize the attitude of idiot traders throughout the years that made the trading pool into a wasteland.

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Calling me a 'fucking moron' isn't really helping your cause at all. In fact, I had no idea until now, how delusional you really were. There are CVH fans and then there are people like you, who tear apart just for the sake of putting back together again. Just so they can say they did it. Its great that you found quality music from a band that you jumped on board with while listening to Van Hagar. Im proud of you, I really am. But guess what asshole, you cannot, willnot, ever tell me what to do. Ignorant? Lazy? Like I really give a flying squirrel fart what you "people" think. LOL Oh no. Lou found out I listen to some of the boots on MP3's.... What am I going to do????? LMAO! Get a life Lou. Seriously. Im glad you are enjoying your music. Hurray idiot! Just do me the favor of not breathing my air, or sharing your 'kool-aid' with me. The vaccuum salesmen at my door has a really awesome vaccuum to sell me. It sucks the very fibres from my carpet. Its a canister, so no bags, and in fact comes with a french maid to empty the canister AND do all the vaccuuming. The price is reasonable too. Should I buy it? No thanks. Why asshole? Because it only takes 7 hours to vaccuum up the dirt and she only uses it overnight. Much like your bit torrent. So go back to selling it to someone else. I stand by my convictions. I enjoy what i hear and have NO DOUBT the torrent sharing is much more productive for the longevity and quality of our (well some of our) fav band. But its not for everyone...and for various reasons. And its not really being lazy, its more about having other things to do with myeslf. Now stop pretending you 'look down at me' and start enjoying the site for a change.
    Not alot of sense being made in that analogy...

You know who stands by their convictions, BT? Lou does. You really don't. Has Lou ever gotten his panties in a bunch and written a long, pathetic 'good-bye' speech to a friggin' INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD? (ok, so he gets his panties in a bunch all the time, but he has NEVER caved in to people giving him a hard time...like you did). So obviously you DO care what people think of you around here.

So I know that you are a smart guy BT, and you could come back at me with all kinds of neat things to say in response...but before you do, ask yourself this: if you truly dont care what we think of you and if you really do stand by your convictions...why would you need to respond to what we say?

Lou
    You know I totally forgot he did that. His whole goodbye schtick didn't even enter the equation this whole time. Well that just seals it, what a pathetic imp this guy is.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    You know I totally forgot he did that. His whole goodbye schtick didn't even enter the equation this whole time. Well that just seals it, what a pathetic imp this guy is.
    My how funny a couple of loser mods this placed has turned out. Im sure glad my "good-bye speech" had zero affect on anyone. LOL Hard to forget something, when its driven by power fellas. This whole convo is about MP3's and Bit Torrent files. Not name calling, like Lou resorted to. Not drudging up an obvious sad time in DPA Rentals life like a good bye speech, that was made in satirical humor.(BTW, nice of you to jump in with no real purpose) Im no longer interested in your silliness. Everyone likes to take a stab at me, and now I know why. Fighting with me, makes your dumb ass famous. You need notoriety. I don't. So carry on without me. It just further shows and proves that you two along with many, MANY others have no existence beyond telling people what to do on a message board. But I do have a great idea! If you are willing to carry this charade on and name call, just look me up. Face to face and tell me these things. I would either buy and sell your stupid ass to someone else or simply eat you up and shit you out. All of which would still be quicker than downloading a bit torrent file. And BTW, Louis, you keep saying Im trading MP3's.... Correction yet again assbreath, Ive downloaded Zero and After and a few of the rarities of THIS site. That's it. Now kindly go rub salt in each others ass and play your 600 mb "On Fire". Man, this place used to be cool?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    I'm not pretending to look down on you, I really am looking down on you. You epitomize the attitude of idiot traders throughout the years that made the trading pool into a wasteland.
    LOL Thats a good one. Lou, you look nowhere I am. In fact, you'd get goosebumps playing on a level field with me. Once upon a time you were normal and easy to talk to. Then slowly, but surely you've made yourself into a self-absorbed tool, who ONLY talks about Torrent files. You are embarassing to this site. You always were. Theres a few mods who used to PM me asking just what the fuck your purpose was...? I used to just tell them, you were off on your own and not to bother him. (you) But now its clear. Way back when, I used to defend your Van halen band wagon jumping, fought with other linkers and Army vets about your love for the Hagar years until you woke up. Now you act like Im your worst enemy because...Let me get this straight... I download MP3's. I dont share them. I download them. Ummm. Ok. Get help man. That's all Ive got to say about that- Get help. Maybe a fundraiser of sorts who knows? The part that troubles me the most, is that Ive already told you, that I believe the Bit Torrent is excellent quality, unmatched by any other file download. But for ME, its just not accessible. This, Lou, is not good enough for you??? LOL Ok buddy. Well, the next best answer I have for you comes in the form of a dry stale fart, zip-locked and ready for your sniffing pleasure. I owe you nothing. Because Lou... heres the punchline.... You are a nothing. You are a number to me. So maybe I will download more MP3's now. Now that I know it irks you soooooo much, I think I will start trading them too. Fucking idiot. LMAO!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    You know I totally forgot he did that. I usually spend most of my time talking out of my ass about what people should be downloading, because I am the be all, that is all, for downloading music. That's why Im such an imp.
    LOL I agree! :p

Lou
    I'm not out to please everyone. I don't care if you like me. I care that the trading pool not be polluted but thanks to people like you and your acceptance of mp3 it is. Trust me, I have plenty going for me where I don't need to be cared about by you to feel good.

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    My how funny a couple of loser mods this placed has turned out.
    You are 100% right. Anyone who is a mod on an internet message board is a complete loser.

Oh, wait...didnt you used to be a mod here?

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not drudging up an obvious sad time in DPA Rentals life like a good bye speech, that was made in satirical humor.(
    Revisionist history dude. You KNOW that you were serious. EVERYONE knows that you were serious...and then after a few days of reflection, you realized how much of a PUSSY you sounded like, then you back-pedaled, and said that it was 'satirical humor'...

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fighting with me, makes your dumb ass famous. You need notoriety. I don't.
    Gee, I seem to remember some PM's from me telling you that exact thing...that by taking on Hitch the way you did would make a name for you...

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Im no longer interested in your silliness.
    Then dont respond in this thread...

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey Dave's PA Rental and Lou...thanks for making me relavant again...the 350+ page views that this thread has gotten because of our feud has really gotten me back in the hearts and minds of the DLR Army regulars that frequent this site! Maybe if we continue to exchange whitty barbs, then Pojo will ask me to be a mod again! Gee, I hope so! Hey Hitch...I still own you!
    That's just sad...

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That's just sad...
    No. sad is doctoring up some fake post and passing it along as something I wrote to further stroke your ego. Being a mod here again? No thanks. I prefer to have a job that requires more than just scratching my chaffing bag while trying to belittle pimply geeks to elevate my self mentally on a platform so large that only the "Internet Gods" can see. LOL Too high brow? In other words, suck on my junk beyotch!

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The part about me owning Hitch is true though. Duh...

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gee, I seem to remember some PM's from me telling you that exact thing...that by taking on Hitch the way you did would make a name for you...
    LOL Un-fucking-believable! You're pretty good, I'll give you that. Fact is 'tard i barely remember EVER having a convo with you. In the pm's or on the boards??? Sorry dude. Strike and a miss.

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Revisionist history dude. You KNOW that you were serious. EVERYONE knows that you were serious...and then after a few days of reflection, you realized how much of a PUSSY you sounded like, then you back-pedaled, and said that it was 'satirical humor'...
    I dont care if no-one got the joke. I got the joke. In fact BS1 and Pojo were the first to PM with smiles and all. You guys were the ones that had panties in a bunch. That, I believe is what a pussy is. You actualy "cried" over some dumb long speech I made with an RIP at the end? Jesus Christ man... Move on. EVERYONE ELSE HAS.

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    kisses...

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    well....alright.

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    dude, my computer just froze up...

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    yeah my heart stopped when i first seen that too. Hope cato doesn't mind us polluting up his forum?

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    nah, Cato likes cunts!

(ha! that made me laugh!)

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    scared pussy as apposed to scary pussy.

Listen man. No hard feelings ok? I didn't mean to get into it with anyone. I wanted to explain that i use MP3's not just by choice, but also by convenience. If torrent files were a little quicker for me and so easily accessible we'd all be using them. No? I cant help what I cant....help....

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    hey, theres never hard feelings from me...its just ones and zeros, right? And I like to fuck with people every now and then...I know you could take it.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    You understand that doesn't count, right?
    k it doesnt ocunt b/c its a music file, not a video. its simple, stop bickering, tho it was quite funny
    Confuscius Say: man who go through airport door sideways goin to Bangkok

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." President George W. Bush

Your about as useful as a Poopy flavored Lolly pop

HOF '06
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by spanishfly48
    k it doesnt ocunt b/c its a music file, not a video. its simple, stop bickering, tho it was quite funny
    ?

YOU GIVE PEACE A CHANCE
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by spanishfly48

?? TAKE YOUR RETAINER OUT WHEN YOU TYPE!

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was just saying that the part about not counting was because that was an mp3, and not a video file of any type.

Lou
    Mp3's and low-bitrate videos do not count.

Banned
    Safety Officer™

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Lou
    Mp3's and low-bitrate videos do not count.
    Mp3's can go fuck themselves.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Denny
    Mp3's can go fuck themselves.
    I totally agree. I know other bands that have had there trading rings fucked up on MP3.

FUCK MP3

Lou I agree with everything you've said in this thread about MP3's, fucked up trading and all that. Roth On mate

Diamond Dave Is Van Halen. 'Nuff Said

Thread Information