ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

PROG NEWS

LIFESON TO TESTIFY

Denes Husty III of The News-Press has issued the following report:

The guitarist of the rock band RUSH may testify this week in Naples during the trial of his son, who is charged with fighting with police during a New Year's Eve brawl at the Ritz-Carlton hotel.

The son, Justin Shawn Zivojinovich, 34, of Canada, is charged with resisting arrest with violence in the alleged fracas. The charge carries a maximum five-year prison sentence.

A judge will decide Monday when the trial will start, said his attorney, Michael R.N. McDonnell.

The trial, McDonnell said, should take about three days.

The defense attorney said he may call his client's father, Alex Zivojinovich, 51, as a witness.

The elder Zivojinovich, who goes by the stage name Alex Lifeson, is the guitarist for RUSH.

He was also charged in what police described as a melee that broke out after they tried to get the father, his son and daughter-in-law to leave the Ritz-Carlton because security guards said they were causing a disturbance.

Alex Zivojinovich suffered a bloody nose in the fight and was treated at a local hospital before being booked into the Collier County Jail with his son and daughter-in-law. All were released later on bond.

The guitarist is charged with two counts of battery on police officers. Each count carries a maximum five-year prison sentence.

His trial is scheduled for May 17.

Meanwhile, a judge last week dismissed a misdemeanor resisting arrest without violence charge against Justin Zivojinovich's wife, Michelle Zivojinovich, 31.

County Judge Ramiro Manalich ruled there was insufficient evidence to prosecute her on the charge.

DREAM THEATRE ARTWORK REVEALED

DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy has uploaded the cover artwork for the group's new album, "Octavarium", at this location. The CD is scheduled for release on June 7 via Atlantic Records.

DREAM THEATER began writing and recording their latest album last November at the Hit Factory studios in New York City. The follow-up to 2003's "Train of Thought" will hold the distinction of being the very last album ever recorded at the world-famous recording facility.

Asked how "Octavarium" differs from its predecessor, DREAM THEATER guitarist John Petrucci recently told Billboard.com, "The album before this we wrote in the rehearsal period, constructed all the songs and then went into the studio and recorded them. The style from song to song was pretty consistent; that album was pretty dark and heavy and very riffy, sort of metal [or] progressive metal-sounding. This one we wrote in the studio, and I think that stylistically from song to song it's more diverse."

"Octavarium" track listing:

01. The Root of All Evil
    02. The Answer Lies Within
    03. These Walls
    04. I Walk Beside You
    05. Panic Attack
    06. Never Enough
    07. Sacrificed Sons
    08. Octavarium

THRESHOLD RELEASE CD
    U.K. progressive metallers THRESHOLD plan to release a new fan club CD in the summer, featuring the band's concert in Switzerland last September. The album is expected to be a double CD featuring the following setlist:

01. Mission Profile
    02. Ground Control
    03. Freaks
    04. Into The Light
    05. Echoes Of Life
    06. Long Way Home
    07. Opium
    08. The Art Of Reason
    09. Pressure
    10. The Ravages Of Time
    11. Light And Space
    12. Flags And Footprints
    13. Fragmentation

THRESHOLD will be back on stage next month at the three-day Rock Hard Festival in Germany. The band will perform on May 15 alongside such bands as ACCEPT, MASTERPLAN, OVERKILL and SENTENCED.

This month THRESHOLD guitarist Karl Groom starts producing the new album by power metallers DRAGONFORCE featuring BAL-SAGOTH's drummer Dave Mackintosh. THRESHOLD keyboardist Richard West is also in the studio recording solos for a progressive supergroup headed up by guitarist Michael Harris with ENCHANT's Ted Leonard as well as Rob Stankiewicz and Derek Blakely from HAJI'S KITCHEN. He will also be recording a solo for the debut album by BEYOND THE LABYRINTH.

JUMP HOMECOMING

Although the band's home base is in South Carolina, Jump, formerly Jump, Little Children, considers its return to Athens on Saturday as a homecoming of sorts.

"We've been coming to Athens for some six or so years," said Matt Bivins, multi-instrumentalist and occasional vocalist in the band. "Athens and Atlanta are really like our home away from home."

Jump has been spending increasing amounts of time in Georgia, as the album, "Between the Dim and the Dark," released in April 2004, was produced in Atlanta. This is the album that brought the band back from its three-year absence from the music scene due to a string of label-related catastrophes.

BIG GENERATOR

VAN DER GRAAF GENARATOR's new album (the first one since 1978) is to be released (in England) on April 25th and will be entitled 'Present'.It will be a double cd cd 1 being songs and cd2 being improvisations some websites are already taking advanced orders and details of these can be found on Phil Smarts site at www.vandergraafgenerator.co.uk. The band has also announced further dates to their reunion 'tour' in Milan and Rome after the fast sellout of the tix at the RFH gig in London these may well fly fairly quickly too I personnally hope they do more UK shows or Paris which is easy and cheap to get to these days( and a wonderful city to spend some time in!).

UPCOMING RELEASES

VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR-PRESENT

SONIC PULSAR-OUT OF PLACE

TONY SPADA-HUMAN ELEMENT

BILL BRUFORD-REISSUES
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Neal Morse

I'm happy to see that there are some Neal Morse fans here, Neal, Randy George, and I are good friends and Neal is also starting a fan- club type subscrition of unreleased demo's, live stuff, and misc stuff for 10$ a month. To the contrary Neal has begun writing the next prog cd, which i hear is going to be awsome as usual. Dream Theater's Mike Portnoy may very well be a part of the new project. In other prog news, Dream Theater have released the new artwork for there 8th studio cd called Octovarium due out on (my birthday) June 7th. Porcupine tree are currently on tour and have gotten some pretty good reviews of the setlist/tour. Randy george's band Ajalon will have pre-orders for there sophmore cd On The Threshold Of Eternity up in less then 2 weeks. I have heard the cd and it is technecally inspiring, and musically genious. Rick Wakeman, Neal Morse, and Phil Keaggy all make special Guest's Appearences on the cd. Randy's solo cd on which i have played drums on should be due out later this summer, we are putting the finishing touches on it. Also check out www.soulfrequency.com for pictures and stuff on Neal Morse, Randy George, Phil Keaggy, and Carl Groves from the band Salem Hill showcasing at this year's GMA event in Nashville. Lot's more to come. Check out these websites for more on all these bands: www.nealmorse.com www.ajalon.net www.dreamtheater.com www.mikeportnoy.com www.porcupinetree.com Thanks !

Paul

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was about to give you a 5, but I already did.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Neal Schon from Journey.

A good guitarist?

I heard he is.
    ROTH ARMY YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=RothArmyVideos

"May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face." - Frank Zappa to Tipper Gore

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yea, he's alright.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Have you got any Frank Zappa albums?

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Just one- 'Sheik Yabooti', I dunno how to spell it. One track, 'Bobby Brown Goes Down', has the best lyrics ever;

"Hey, there people, I'm Bobby Brown
    They say I'm the cutest boy in town
    My car is fast, my teeth is shiny
    I tell all the girls to kiss my heini
    Here I am at a famous school
    I'm dressin' sharp an' acting cool
    I gotta cheerleader here wants to hlp with my paper
    Let her do all the work an' maybe later I'll rape her

Oh, God I am the American dream
    I do not think I'm too extreme
    An' I'm a handsome sonofabitch
    I'm gonna get a good job and be real rich

Women's liberation
    Came ctreepin' all across the nation
    I tell you people, I wasn't ready
    When I fucked this dyke by the name of Freddy
    She gave me a little speech then
    She tried to make me say 'when'
    She had my balls in a vice, but she left the dick
    I guess it's still hooked on
    But now it shhots too quick

Oh, God, I am the American dream
    But, now, I smell like vasaline
    An' I'm a miserable sonofabitch
    Am I boy or a lady?
    I don't know which

So, I went out and bought me a leisure suit
    I jingle my change, but I'm still kinda cute
    Got a job doin' radio promo
    And none of the jocks can even tell I'm a homo
    Eventually me and a friend, sorta drifted along into S & M
    I can take about an hour on the tower if power
    So long as i gets a little golden shower

Oh, God, I am the American dream
    With a spindle up my butt til it makes me scream
    An' I'll do anything to get ahead
    I lay awake at night sayin' 'THANKYOU, FRED'
    Oh God, oh God, I'm so fantastic
    Thanks to Freddy, I'm a sexual spastic
    An' my name is Bobby Brown
    Watch me now, I'm going down..."

That album also has 'Broken Hearts Are For Assholes', 'Dancing Fool', 'I Have Been In You' and many others.

I wouldn't call him prog though.

Since when do prog bands have song titles like 'Why does it hurt when I pea?' and 'Don't eat the yellow snow'?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Zapppa was very different

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Have you heard that re-mix of 'Owner of A LOnely Heart' yet.

DON'T TOUCH YES SONGS!!

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

YES MEMBERS TO TOUR-BUT NOT AS YES

Details are being finalized for a joint Yes members tour that may feature Alan White's band White, Chris Squire with the Syn, and Steve Howe solo acoustic/electric.

In a stunning development Geoff Downes has joined White, opening up the possibility of a Drama reunion of sorts. Visit Alan's news page for complete details.

Watch for more tour details as they become available.

ALSO...The DVD of YES: 35th Anniversary Concert - Songs from Tsongas is now scheduled to be released on June 21 by Image Entertainment in the US and by WV in Europe. There are no firm release dates for other regions at this time.

Filmed in May of 2004 this DVD consists of selections from Yes' summer tour, along with a behind the scenes look at the rehearsals, and interviews with band members and Roger Dean.

Updates on other new releases:

9012Live, the DVD release of the concert video from the '80s, is scheduled to be released on August 23.

The Word is Live, the three-CD set from Rhino Records of live selections spanning the band's history, is due early summer (date has yet to be finalized). More updates on this release coming soon.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Has there been a fall out between the members or do they just want to do solo stuff?

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    No, they're touring on one bill.

They'll probably do an encore of some Yes stuff. Something that doesn't really need Jon Anderson's vocals. So, that only leaves instrumental versions.

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Video footage of RUSH guitarist Alex Zivojinovich (a.k.a. Alex Lifeson) pleading no contest to a reduced charge of misdemeanor resisting arrest without violence in a Naples, Florida courtroom Thursday morning (April 21) has been posted online at www.NBC-2.com.

The plea deal came after a judge reduced charges facing Zivojinovich's son, Justin, from a felony to a misdemeanor. Justin Zivojinovich also pleaded no contest.

The charges stemmed from a New Year's Eve 2003 fight at the Ritz-Carlton beach resort in Naples.

Alex Zivojinovich was arrested along with his son and daughter in law after allegedly fighting with deputies and hotel staff.

He was accused of pushing a deputy down the stairs and spitting blood in the face of another. Both intially faced felony charges of resisting arrest with violence.

As part of the plea deal, both father and son received a year of probation and were ordered to pay court costs. The elder Zivojinovich will also pay restitution, the amount of which will be determined later.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
    Alex Zivojinovich (a.k.a. Alex Lifeson)
    What the hell?! That's his real name!

I didn't even know he had a real name

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I know, it's ridiculous, isn't it?
    No wonder he changed it.

This might interest you, Reap.

After 15 years in virtual recluse, Charlie Dominici, the original vocalist for the world's premier progressive rock band DREAM THEATER, is releasing the first CD in a three-CD trilogy. Unlike the heavy progressive fare that we have come to expect from any one of the present or former members of the aforementioned band, this three-disc release promises to be quite unique. It is an unplugged acoustic solo effort that is like a movie made entirely out of music.

Following on the heels of the very successful release of the DREAM THEATER DVD "When Dream and Day Re-unite", which features Charlie Dominici on vocals, this long-overdue solo album will be the first CD in a trilogy. It is a completely solo effort from the singer/songwriter/musician and features 10 original songs. What makes this CD unique is the fact that it is an "unplugged" acoustic style concept album which is penned, performed and produced by the singer himself. "The CD is like a movie made out of music and it is only myself performing everything that you will hear. There are no overdubs at all and I wanted it to be exactly what it would sound like when I am performing alone in a live concert situation," says Charlie. "It's all just me playing and singing the songs."

In the modern musical climate of slick production and layered overdubs, this kind of purist approach is rare. Using only one guitar and one voice through out the entire CD will surely be considered bold by some to say the least. The exact subject matter of the story is being kept under wraps for the time being. What has been revealed is that the theme of this work is about modern times, current events and the possible end of the world.

The CD, which is set to be released worldwide on May 24, 2005, will be available on Amazon.com, CDBaby.com, etc. The Dominici.com web site will provide more information and links.

Originally from New York, Charlie has lived in San Diego for the past few years and he recently came out of his self-imposed obscurity to join the band onstage in a live concert in Los Angeles. Celebrating the 15th anniversary of the release of the original DREAM THEATER debut album "When Dream and Day Unite", the band surprised the audience when they brought Charlie out to sing two songs with them during the encore. The DVD of that historic live performance is available exclusively on the band's web site.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Interesting.

Do you prefer Dominici or LaBrie?

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't have a prefence between the two of them. I've actually only recently picked up one Dream Theatre album, I think it is the debut, I've heard OTHER tracks, like, but just not OTHER albums.

At least the two of them don't go round slagging each other off like another band's vocalsits that we all know well.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So you only have one Dream Theatre album?!

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    At this moment in time, yes.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Get Images And Words.

I never skip a track on it.

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    What's 'Live At Budokan' like?

Crab Kebab & Band Overs!
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Fucking Awesome!
    "With a rate of fire of over 20 rounds per second, the IMI Micro Uzi is almost as fast as Yngwie Malmsteen, and 25.4 times more musical"

Worst of all... It's true..

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    awesome beyond belief

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll have to pick it up, although it's probably about a week long.

Where's Secrets these days?

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Who knows?!

After Images And Words, pick up Awake. That's what I did. A darker (use of seven string), but still very good album.

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Images and words
    Budokan
    Awake

Gotcha (excuse the Noel Edmunds reference).

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You shall be enlightened into Dream Theater soon, my friend

I talk bullshit!

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Don't dis talking bullshit. It helps you get through the day. Watch-

I'm considering becoming a Priest. I have seen the light.

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Shadow Gallery News

SHADOW GALLERY's upcoming album, "Room V", will feature a host of guest appearances, according to a post on the group's official web site. "Laura Jaeger returns again to sing on two songs for the new release," the posting reads. "Arjen Anthony Lucassen will be performing a solo on one of the tracks and new performer, Joe Stone will be performing a solo on another track. Also appearing will be Libby Molnar. The bonus disk for the European release will also have performances by Jim Roberti and Mark Zonder, along with Arjen Anthony Lucassen."

The first promotional trailer for the release of "Room V" has been posted online at the group's official web site. Check it out in Quicktime format: Dial-Up (8.67 MB), Broadband (17.4 MB).

InsideOut Music has set a June 7 U.S. release date for "Room Five". The CD will be issued in Europe on May 30.

The follow-up to 2001's "Legacy", "Room Five" will be a concept album and will be a continuation of the "Tyranny" story.

"Room Five" track listing:

ACT III
    01. Manhunt
    02. Comfort Me
    03. The Andromeda Strain
    04. Vow
    05. Birth of a Daughter
    06. Death of a Mother
    07. Lamentia

ACT IV
    08. Seven Years
    09. Dark
    10. Torn
    11. The Archer of Ben Salem
    12. Encrypted
    13. Room V
    14. Rain

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OH MY GOD!!!

After years of waiting...you can now listen to a PROG RADIO SHOW!!!

Tune into SKY channel 913 to listen to the Progressive Rock Show on Apple FM.

Heard it today and it was VERY good indeed.

Canuklehead
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Images and Words is an excellent cd.
    Right now Train Of Thought is my favorite by Dream Theater.
    I can not wait to hear Octavarium...comes out in the begining of June.

I picked up Live at Budokon on DVD....does not disapoint.

James LaBrie has a solo disc out right now...the only song I have heard is Crucify....sounds like heavy DT...pretty good.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OH MY GOD!!!

After years of waiting...you can now listen to a PROG RADIO SHOW!!!

Tune into SKY channel 913 to listen to the Progressive Rock Show on Apple FM.

Heard it today and it was VERY good indeed.
    nooooooo, i have NTL Digital!!?!?!?!

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hmmmm, perhaps you can listen online.

I'll see if there is a web address where you can do such a thing.

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    www.arfm.co.uk/listenlive.htm

Click the link to listen to Paul Baker's Progressive Lunch on Apple Rock FM (if you do not have SKY TV channel 913) EVERY Sunday at 12pm until 2pm.

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was just wondering, because I can never talk about Prog to anybody-because not many people I know actually know what the fuck it is.Just my dad and some of his mates. When I play it to MY friends-they hear a 20-odd minute 'Close To The Edge' and go-What the fuck is this?!?!?!?

I love a bit of Yes, or Emerson Lake And Palmer, or Pink Floyd. Actually I've been hearing some great new(ish) bands from Europe like The Flower Kings (first time I heard them-I thought it was Yes) and a great band from America called Spock's Beard (I reccommend their album 'Snow' to all)

Are you shitting me…? Pink Floyd Rocks my world!!! One of my all time favorite R&R songs is “Shine On You Crazy Diamond.” To me the song sounds extremely erotic??? It’s just me or what ? Another my favorite song “Epitaph” by Crimson King…I think they’re also mainly a progressive band, but I could be wrong .

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I just want to add that “Shine On You Crazy Diamond” has 9 parts, and with very little lyric.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Go sail away!!!!

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by FasterPussycat
    Crimson King…I think they’re also mainly a progressive band, but I could be wrong .
    No, they're not.

But King Crimson are.

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by FasterPussycat
    Are you shitting me…? Pink Floyd Rocks my world!!! One of my all time favorite R&R songs is “Shine On You Crazy Diamond.” To me the song sounds extremely erotic??? It’s just me or what ? Another my favorite song “Epitaph” by Crimson King…I think they’re also mainly a progressive band, but I could be wrong .
    Pink Floyd sound more spacey than erotic. They're not erotic at all.

They have made the most beautiful songs I've ever heard. 'Time' is one of them.

and yes, it is King Crimson

Underwhelmist
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hello, Reap, how are you today?

Thread Information