Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Train
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

14. You can download and burn CDs for free.

When did THIS become a freedom...I call it a crime.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Big Train

Read the Harvard Study on downloading which reaches several interesting conclusions on the effect of downloading! I'll try to find it and will eventually post it the "House of Music Forum." I don't feel like doing it now because it is too late on a Saturday, but we can go round and round on that one!

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Yup so fuck him eh?

That's the kind of thinking that will have his little brother setting off a car bomb in Alabama in 20 years time.
        No but fuck YOU. You don't live here. This is not your country. So stay the FUCK out of our politics. I don't talk about Scotland's politics.

I don't like you. You're a fuckin' wise-ass who has nothing, ever, good to say about this country but plenty to criticize about it. Go fuck yourself, asshole.

Comment

• Viking
          Veteran
          • Jan 2004

The 48% of you that lost have the liberty to leave if you don't like what the other 51% of us stand for.

Bully.

Comment

• Big Train
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            Read the Harvard Study on downloading which reaches several interesting conclusions on the effect of downloading! I'll try to find it and will eventually post it the "House of Music Forum." I don't feel like doing it now because it is too late on a Saturday, but we can go round and round on that one!
            Yea, I always LOVE reading the trash the academics have to say about this. I especially love the "New paradigm" argument. Removing profit of the "old business model", by allowing massive theft of an unprecendented scale, in order to create new models is legal. Bullshit, it's cut and dried. Name me another industry where stealing the product has become accepted in order for a new technological process to flourish? You can't because it's never happened in the history of the world.

Yes, I realize that this belongs in the house of music. I'll see you there.

Perhaps we can disuss here why the politicians ignore the issue.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Make sure you ban radio! The music is free and no one will buy it if they listen to the radio (the record industry circa 1950) I really trust the incompetent record insustry for all the facts, a group that can't even come to a concensus on replaceing 25 year old CD technology and a bunch of price gougers that constantly increase the mark up on CD's despite the fact that the cost per unit of production is a fraction of what it once was in 1983.

Oh! Let's talk about all the money these A&R douchebags pump into the Brittany Spears of the world, even though the little skanks albums hardly sell and she has had only two bonified hits.

Yeah! I have soooo much sympathy.
              Last edited by Nickdfresh; 11-20-2004, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                No but fuck YOU. You don't live here. This is not your country. So stay the FUCK out of our politics. I don't talk about Scotland's politics.

I don't like you. You're a fuckin' wise-ass who has nothing, ever, good to say about this country but plenty to criticize about it. Go fuck yourself, asshole.
                Sesh, I believe the ball is in your court.
                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Flash Bastard

Hi Steve.

I'll keep this post real simple so you can follow it.

Please kill yourself.

Thank you.

Comment

• Flash Bastard

Originally posted by Diver Down NJ
                    Well if a Bush cartoon isn't graphic evidence that this country is doomed, I don't know what is.
                    I ~LOVE~ your avatar. Classic!

5 stars!

Comment

• bueno bob
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Big Train

That's my mistake. I added 'for free' in accidentally. I meant download and burn CDs, period. My bad, sorry.
                      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by Flash Bastard
                        Hi Steve.

I'll keep this post real simple so you can follow it.

Please kill yourself.

Thank you.
                        LMMFAO!!!!

Comment

• Lou

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                          Sesh, I believe the ball is in your court.
                          No I'm just tired of this fucker from across the Atlantic continually bashing America. I don't care Sesh that you've posted over and over or how big of a Roth fan you are. Since America does everything wrong you should rejoice that you don't live in such a horrible place.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                            No I'm just tired of this fucker from across the Atlantic continually bashing America. I don't care Sesh that you've posted over and over or how big of a Roth fan you are. Since America does everything wrong you should rejoice that you don't live in such a horrible place.
                            I think he has the right to say his peace though...right? We are still about freedom of speech...I hope.

Comment

• Lou

OK and you ENTIRELY missed my point.

Comment

• Big Train
                                Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                Make sure you ban radio! The music is free and no one will buy it if they listen to the radio (the record industry circa 1950) I really trust the incompetent record insustry for all the facts, a group that can't even come to a concensus on replaceing 25 year old CD technology and a bunch of price gougers that constantly increase the mark up on CD's despite the fact that the cost per unit of production is a fraction of what it once was in 1983.

Oh! Let's talk about all the money these A&R douchebags pump into the Brittany Spears of the world, even though the little skanks albums hardly sell and she has had only two bonified hits.

Yeah! I have soooo much sympathy.
                                Oh God Nick....PLEASE let's find a place to argue about this....PLEASE. Being one of those "A&R Doucebags", I know a thing or two about the business and all the stuff you just listed up above (which I CANNOT wait to go point for point on) have nothing to do with why it's ok to steal the product. Try that argument at say the Home Depot ("Hey Man, Trees are free and you gouge the prices and put little guys out of business, so I'm taking this lumber...see how far out of the parking lot you get, THEN come back and argue this to me again).

Name the forum, start the thread. And no, I don't want or need your pity...I want to hear the bullshit.

Comment

Working...