Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie Van Halen ---> Final Meltdown in Arizona--->November 19, 2004.

lms2
    Ed is Wolf's father, whether he is a good one or not.

Wolf has apparently inherited the Van Halen talent.

Wolf has been fairly sheltered up until this tour.

Life is what it is, and you can't teach a child about life if you don't let them experience it. The good the bad and the ugly.

It is easy to sit on the sidelines and judge... but everyone needs to make their own choices.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by lms2

Life is what it is, and you can't teach a child about life if you don't let them experience it. The good the bad and the ugly.

It is easy to sit on the sidelines and judge... but everyone needs to make their own choices.

All hail the bootleg Yoda yappings of the Almighty lms2! We pions can't discuss the subject of Van Halen (in all of its incarnations) on a MESSAGE BOARD!

Forgive us, oh Holy One..........

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

lms2
    You're forgiven.

Fabulous Shadow

Biology does NOT make you a FATHER.

How the fuck do you know? Did you see this tour? What we saw what a teengager noodleing on a guitar. It wasn't any more incrediable than any other kid playing at that age

How the fuck do you know that? Were you a fly on the wall in VH houeshold?

Yeah, so if your husband is a child abuser, or a heroine addict you should stay and let your kid experience it, after all it is their father. Thank god you don't have kids!

Some of us have children, they are OUR responsibilty. We have to make choices FOR them and protect them from things that can harm them phyically and mentally. Perhaps no one did that for YOU!

Last edited by Fabulous Shadow; 11-22-2004 at 07:28 PM.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    yes...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fab you've jumped to about 100,000 conclusions about the Van Halen family that you have no idea about. How is that any different than what lms did?

Would you like people saying stuff about how you handle your family business? We have about as much knowledge of your life as you do about Ed's, Val's, and Wolf's.

You guys think you know these people or something because you went to a fucking concert, or you think you've seen how they really are?

Gimme a break, none of us have any idea about the private lives of these people, and it's just unbelievable what you people will assume without anything but a bunch of stupid comments on a message board. Everyone's a fucking expert on everything, as if your lives are so perfect.

Sickening.
    Last edited by Brett; 11-22-2004 at 07:38 PM.

lazy lounge lizard
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How many time I have to say it....

fuck the reunion and fuck the sisters!!!!

DAVE doesn't need them.

I want the sisters to finally know about misery

SUMMER'S JUST
    AROUND
    THE CORNER!

[IMG]
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Brett
    I am

Sickening.
    to make your post shorter and correct...

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fab, YOU GO, GRRL! My smart arse abilities aside, you're right on the money! lms2, we're ALL responsible for the environment inhabited by children and grown ups alike. Noone is an island, and we're all six degrees apart from each other.

That "Fuck them, it's not my problem" mindset is a lie. One of my sisters was murdered during a home invasion New Year's 1987 by some drug-addicted asshole that was dating her roommate. His drug addiction became her problem when that asshole (high on smack, btw) kicked in her apt. door, rampaged the place, then shot her and her roommate.

Wolfie's exposure to an alkie dad with anger management issues could have devastating side effects (including fatal ones.)

Turning a blind eye to what once was considered 'private matters' is dangerous.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Natra, STFU. When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you lemming.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I sometimes read the line "go, get a life" on this board...when I read all this...some of us experienced enough for two lifes...

Fabulous Shadow
    100,00 Brett? I disputed 4, count um...F-O-U-R comments! I know first hand what living with an alcoholic is like, what it's like for children of alcoholics and I know that you cant be a DRUNK and be a GOOD father. You want to dispute that? You tell me HOW they could have possibly made this work? Oh I get it... He had a nanny for parents? That explains the 30 extra lbs. I don't claim to know anyone, but I sure the FUCK know a hell of alot about alcoholism and parenting and the two combined.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Natra, STFU. When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you lemming.
    did someone ask what you want? if you post here, you get an opinion...all free...no cencorship...and if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Switch84
    I'll admit that this Rothaholic's loving the demise of Van Hagar! I had some Absolut and orange juice in celebration! For me it's not about Davy Baby one-upping Eddie; it's Dave being vindicated after all of these years as being labelled the 'asshole' of Van Halen and the attempted bastardization of his contribution to the band.

Eddie's my second fave 'Halen'! I don't want him to self-destruct, but it's not my call. I just hope his kid comes out of this as scar-less as possible!

Tears will fall from my eyes if Eddie destroys himself. Tears for a talent wasted.
    Well said Switch84!

I've enjoyed the demise of Van Hagar, and most of all the continued vindication of Dave that's resulted from this years events.

But Eddie was my favourite member of Van Halen. I'm just angry with him these days for his treatment of Dave and the fans. That's why a lot of us want to see him take a fall, but not to the point of total destruction. But enough to wake him up before it's too late.

I just want him to get his life together and be the smiling Eddie of the 'Jump' video again.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fab, so do I, you are preaching to the wrong person. I keep my personal life off of here, but I dealt with alcoholism about as close as possible without actually being me. Only difference is there were no children involved, thank god. I would never bring a child into a world like that.

Why would you father a child with an alcoholic? I guess I could ask Val and you that I suppose.

lms2
    Yes, Fab, I did get to see Wolf on this tour. There have also been numerous discussions on this board regarding Wolf. It has been said that his real talent is drums.

I am not passing judgment on Ed as a father, but he has been in his sons life since birth... the dependency gene is passed on biologically, whether the dad is around or not. Many kids who see what their parents become because of the drug of choice, are able to then make a concious decision to avoid that drug.

When I commented that Wolf had been fairly sheltered up until this tour, I was not referring to inside their household or in his private life, but from the prying eyes of the media in general. I guess that may be debatable, but so far everyone I have discussed this with has agreed.

FYI...I have been licensed by my state to be a parent. (scary ain't it!).
    Further, I have had indepth training in dealing with kids from situations where there parents are abusive and addicts. Much as I would love to take some of these kids and make damn sure they never see their parents again.... that is not the recommended course of action by any of the experts. Even for kids that will never be returned to that living situation.

Yes, I agree that your son is your responsiblity, and it is not my place to tell you how to raise your son, or to suggest what you should do about your situation. I am simply agreeing one step futher by saying you should also not judge Val for her choices. My mistake. I guess when you marry a rock star and have a child, the worlds gets to decide what is right for that child.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    did someone ask what you want? if you post here, you get an opinion...all free...no cencorship...and if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen...
    Again, STFU, and when I want to hear from you, I will go get you from the sandbox. Ok sport? Cool.

I'll watch out for that "cencorship" stuff. Thanks.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    :p Brett, are entertainers beyond being human? Did they lose their humanity when they sold records, movie tickets, etc? No. Anyone studying junior Psychology can come to the same conclusions Fab and I have!

Do you think having an alcoholic out-of-control parent is healthy? 'Natra, Fab, and others are speaking from experience. To belittle their insights is dumb at best, not to mention insensitive and sad.

Just because Eddie Van Halen's a rock star doesn't give him a free pass to be a shithead parent and spouse.
    Last edited by Switch84; 11-22-2004 at 08:01 PM.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Conclusions based on no first-hand knowlege whatsoever Switch.

What I find insulting is you question my knowlege of dealing with alcoholism? Why do you assume I have no understanding? How do you know what pain I've been through because of it. I'm pretty damn sure I've sat up as many nights in emergencies roos wondering what I've done wrong, just like anyone else has. I'm pretty fucking sure I've earned my stripes.
    Last edited by Brett; 11-22-2004 at 07:56 PM.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    when I want to hear from you, I will go get you from the sandbox.
    I never post at the linx, sorry...you search at the wrong place...

lms2
    Switch, sorry to hear about your sister.

My honest opinion is that Wolf was probably "safer" on this tour than he was numerous times in the sanctity of his own home.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    I never post at the linx, sorry...you search at the wrong place...
    Again, STFU lemming. I said I'd send for you when you're needed. Believe me, you're not.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

What I find insulting is you question my knowlege of dealing with alcoholism? Why do you assume I have no understanding? How do you know what pain I've been through. I'm pretty damn sure I've sat up as many nights wondering what I've done wrong, as anyone else.
    wow...so what? tell if you want...if not...shut up...seeing a fat kid on stage and a drunk man out of his fucking mind is first hand enough to have an opinion...

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Do you need first-hand experience to know the Holocaust happened? It's called common sense, Brett. 1+1=2.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Again, STFU lemming. I said I'd send for you when you're needed. Believe me, you're not.
    wrong place for you to piss at somebody...

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    common sense, Brett. 1+1=2.
    three things that will never come together...

Fabulous Shadow
    Not that it's any of your fucking business Brett, but my husband did not drink when we married. He didnt start until his father, a non drinker died a tramatic and sudden death and someone offered him a beer to calm him... It grabbed ahold of him and ruined him... My son was already here. When things worsened, and after failed stints in Rehab, AA and counseling, I removed my son from the picture. My son see's his dad. Supervised by me and only when he's sober. I control my sons destiny and I wont let his fathers selfish desires ruin my son.

Oh and FYI... Preaching to YOU? you joined this conversation already in progress... You have a site... I'm sure this converastion is in full swing there too...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Do you need first-hand experience to know the Holocaust happened? It's called common sense, Brett. 1+1=2.
    So the private life of a some dumb rock guitarist (that you have no knowledge of) is comparable to a catastrophic massacre in history? Wow now that's a stretch.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
    Not that it's any of your fucking business Brett, but [...] I control my sons destiny and I wont let his fathers selfish desires ruin my son.
    you're right, fab...it's not his business, nor is this site...don't you worry about that little prick...

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Not that it's any of your fucking business Brett, but my husband did not drink when we married. He didnt start until his father, a non drinker died a tramatic and sudden death and someone offered him a beer to calm him... It grabbed ahold of him and ruined him... My son was already here. When things worsened, and after failed stints in Rehab, AA and counseling, I removed my son from the picture. My son see's his dad. Supervised by me and only when he's sober. I control my sons destiny and I wont let his fathers selfish desires ruin my son.

Oh and FYI... Preaching to YOU? you joined this conversation already in progress... You have a site... I'm sure this converastion is in full swing there too...
    Why so hostile all of a sudden? You volunteered this stuff, I actually was curious about it, that's why I asked. You guys talk about all the shit you went through, and I find a lot of it familiar, apart from the kid stuff. I thought it would be interesting to discuss it. Sorry I'm not a part of the "dealing with alcoholics in the family" clique. Which I am of course, suffering through all the same bullshit you did. Rehab, AA, 911, ambulances, destroyed lives, etc.

And no this conversation is not going on there, if it is, didn't catch my eye.

Fabulous Shadow
    Brett, Why are you here? You can have this conversation with all the YES men you want at YOUR site.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So the private life of a some dumb rock guitarist (that you have no knowledge of) is comparable to a catastrophic massacre in history? Wow now that's a stretch.
    can you spell "metaphor"? first lesson is free...

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Brett, Why are you here? You can have this conversation with all the YES men you want at YOUR site.

I thought it imploded from the weight of Van Hagar's demise.......

LMAOBT! Just doing my part to lighten things up a wee bit...........

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Seriously, what's going on Fab? Are we at war?

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    but all he gets is "baaaaaaa baaaaaaaaaaa"...fab, he is not here to talk seriously about a subject...

Fabulous Shadow
    Yes, Fab, I did get to see Wolf on this tour. There have also been numerous discussions on this board regarding Wolf. It has been said that his real talent is drums.

I am not passing judgment on Ed as a father, but he has been in his sons life since birth... the dependency gene is passed on biologically, whether the dad is around or not. Many kids who see what their parents become because of the drug of choice, are able to then make a concious decision to avoid that drug.

When I commented that Wolf had been fairly sheltered up until this tour, I was not referring to inside their household or in his private life, but from the prying eyes of the media in general. I guess that may be debatable, but so far everyone I have discussed this with has agreed.

FYI...I have been licensed by my state to be a parent. (scary ain't it!).
    Further, I have had indepth training in dealing with kids from situations where there parents are abusive and addicts. Much as I would love to take some of these kids and make damn sure they never see their parents again.... that is not the recommended course of action by any of the experts. Even for kids that will never be returned to that living situation.

Yes, I agree that your son is your responsiblity, and it is not my place to tell you how to raise your son, or to suggest what you should do about your situation. I am simply agreeing one step futher by saying you should also not judge Val for her choices. My mistake. I guess when you marry a rock star and have a child, the worlds gets to decide what is right for that child.
    You went and saw Sammy huh? That's news... Who said Wolf was better on drums? ED? LMAO! Every parent thinks their kid is the best there is.

As for ED, living in the house, does not make him in Wolfs life. It's been said that he basically lived in 5150. How interactive can you be when you drink all day? I know your not a blazing idiot! Have you been around someone who was drunk when you wern't? DISGUSTING!
    Have you smelled day old alcohol on someone? Watched someone DT? Driven in the car with someone who was drunk? Now that's being in his life isn;t it! Hey wolf, bring me one of those Heinekins... Yeah and grab a Haagen Daaz for yourself!

Licsenced to be a parent? well GOOD FOR YOU... Reading your previous post about letting kids see the good the good the bad and the ugly has me questiong the people who fucking gave you that license. Probably the same people who let KATY be a foster parent...
    Kids should be allowed to be kids! They should not have to bear the burdens of their parents problems.

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, judging by the 747 oversweep of your brain that my post made, I was right.

The reference was to FIRST-HAND EXPERIENCE: Does one have to experience events first-hand to know that they exist. No, they don't.

Fabulous Shadow
    Seriously, what's going on Fab? Are we at war?
    Whats going on is you coming into this thread where people were having cicilized conversation and directing those two posts at me. This is not a subject you want to get shitty with me on. Your first post was bad, the second one, questioning me on my pregnancy was fucking pathetic. I will take the HEAT on everything but my son and what I have done to protect him from alcoholism are NOT areas open for discussion. I loved his father and would have stayed and helped him to my death if it were not for my son. DONT FUCKING QUESTION ME ON THAT!

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    TASTY DAVE COMMERCIAL BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fabulous Shadow
    TASTY DAVE COMMERCIAL BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whew... Thanks Switch... I needed that!

Thread Information