Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Eddie Van Halen ---> Final Meltdown in Arizona--->November 19, 2004.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Rebel
    LOL, well, many of the people I met referred to me as a "Rothtard" at the show b/c I kept mentioning how much better it could have been. I'm not gonna jump in on the speculation like I said, ain't my style, but I just wanted to tell what I saw since there was a thread on here about it.
    I'd be honored getting referred as a "rothtard" at a van hagar show...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hahahaa!!! Dave NOT trying to get press, gets write-ups all over the WORLD! Eddie Van Breakdown, trying desperately to be relevent, then melts down onstage gets absolutely NOTHING! ZERO! ZILCH! NADA!

:p I was right, Fab Grrlfriend! LMAO!
    "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
    Blackflag on DLR

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Switch84
    Hahahaa!!! Dave NOT trying to get press, gets write-ups all over the WORLD! Eddie Van Breakdown, trying desperately to be relevent, then melts down onstage gets absolutely NOTHING! ZERO! ZILCH! NADA!
    and he'll be back to "cave-mode" for the next years...

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    and he'll be back to "cave-mode" for the next years...

LOL! He'll have the Heineken trucks pulling up to the homefront like a convoy, the drunken bastard.

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL! He'll have the Heineken trucks pulling up to the homefront like a convoy, the drunken bastard.
    I'm really afraid that the next "news" we get to hear from ed could have a black frame...

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
    I'm really afraid that the next "news" we get to hear from ed could have a black frame...

Yeah. He's headed for self-destruction. Selfish fuck! He's got a teenaged kid for chrissakes. Is this the type of 'legacy' he wants to leave behind for him?

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    he doesn't give a fuck...ed is totally beyond everything...

Fabulous Shadow
    Originally posted by Rebel
    Alright, I was there, front row, dead damn center.........quit laughing

Yes, he busted his guitar, and he was shitfaced drunk. The guitar smashing thing didn't strike me as odd, after the show, I got the feeling that may have been planned b/c of the Peavey shit. It was the other things I saw that struck me as odd.

1. Ed and Sam clearly were not getting along, Sam was clearly aggravated with him no doubt, and Ed was pissed at him, probably b/c of that reason. Ed was falling and laying down half of the time, and Sam would try to help him, but Ed would blow him off, "back off" and all of that shit.

2. Ed had a bottle of wine he emptied at soundcheck, he was beyond hammered.

3. No interaction at all between Ed and Mike, I mean none. I was up front, watching Ed the whole show.

I'm not gonna speculate, I saw what I saw, but in my personal opinion, it wouldn't shock me if that was the end period for VH. I hope Ed can get himself straightned out.
    Ok, I'll buy this. Having seen this show 4 times and having witnessed tension between the band members I'm not suprised. I saw Ed fall once and blow off Sams help for a hand up too, in fact it's in my review. I tend to think Eds laying down is mainly because his hip hurts, you can tell he's pouring it on with his flying Eddies and onstage antics and at times he needs to take a load off. I think it's sad that some of us want to see his FAILURE so bad that we actually GRAB a hold of anything that indicates it and cheer for it like a fucking Laker Girl! Let's not forget this is a Human Being... Obviously troubled, but still HUMAN and still a child of the LORD. These guys CHOSE to go out there and tour with him, knowing FULL well what he was like and what it entailed. Dave is all thew wiser and has obviously moved on. Good on him! I give him probs for being the bigger man, moving on without feeling the need to beat a dead horse.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't feel good about cheering Eddie's demise, but after the way he and Alex have treated Dave and THE fans, particularly in recent years, I feel he's getting what he deserves.

Eddie is now paying for the 'Great Betrayal of 1996'.

He's fucked his own band and HE KNOWS IT!

Fabulous Shadow
    People have a choice... Work with him or dont. Tour with him or dont. Be a fan or dont. Getting what he deserves? I dont buy that. They dont have to work with him and we dont have to buy his shit. Obviously most of the people here abandoned ship long ago. Who got ripped off? The people who payed to see it who didnt like it. For fuck sake it aint like he didn't let go of your Eggo!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "Obviously most of the people here abandoned ship long ago"

I think it's more a case of Eddie, Alex and Mike abandoning everything that they and their music once stood for.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Edward Van Halen sucks!!!!
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Fabulous Shadow
    For fuck sake it aint like he didn't let go of your Eggo!
    Up for breakfast!
    Quality shit right there.

Fabulous Shadow
    Originally posted by rustoffa
    Up for breakfast!
    Quality shit right there.
    LMAO! Actually, I hated that song. I found it embarrasing to watch Ed and Mike singing those cheesy lyrics! (also in my concert review)

Fabulous Shadow
    Originally posted by Halen High

I think it's more a case of Eddie, Alex and Mike abandoning everything that they and their music once stood for.
    Well, I may be wrong but I thought that Dave left VH didn't he? I mean, I've never really been clear on wether he left or was fired???

Irresistible BITCH
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Halen High

Halen High, you're preaching to the choir! The only thing that'll stand the test of time is the VH6. It already HAS. It isn't just the fans that hold the Roth era in high regards; it's the music industry, too. Hagar the horrible can't carry Davy Baby's jock, much less be considered a great frontman.

It's no accident that Dave's weed bust, EMT gig, "Sopranos" appearance, and home intruder stories have made international news while this joke of a 'reunion' tour faded off into obscurity. The "Group Formerly Known As Van Halen" is irrelevent; David Lee Roth isn't.

EAT 'EM AND SMILE, DAVY BABY!!!!!!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LMAO! Actually, I hated that song. I found it embarrasing to watch Ed and Mike singing those cheesy lyrics! (also in my concert review)
    Let's not forget it was EVH, when touting VHIII, who said that it was great not to have to play songs where the lyrics were only about body parts. Then they go back and get Spammy, release another Greatest Hits album WITH NO PICS OF DIAMOND DAVE, and then go on tour and play all those stupid Spammy songs.

UFB is like a caricature of classic Spammy lyrics. I guess it was VH's sad way to try and get the 13-16 fan on board. Someone needs to tell them that that age demographic ain't on board! To me, it just makes me laugh. Poundcake 2004 lol.
    Yo Yo Yo

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    OH, and Shadow...Quit with the pic's woman. You're killing me here lol

Fabulous Shadow
    Well, one thing I found is that my man Eddie is not a man who sticks to his word. That doesn't mean that I want to see him fall on his face in his future endeavors...

As for the pics... You complainin?

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    1. I agree. I want to see EVH go out on top, no doubt, if it's at all possible. If not, I hope he just 'retires' and gets help so that we do not have to witness a Bon Scott-type fiasco.

2. Ummm...Lemmee see...Give me a sec... NO.

Fabulous Shadow

I doubt he'll get help at this stage in the game. I think he's made up his mind that THIS is MY life amd THIS is HOW I choose to life it, if you don't like it, FUCK you.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ...And in the end, it will only be the two who dreamt to be rock-n-roll stars left: Eddie and Alex. Everyone else around them - family, friends - will be gone. The crowds will be gone. That's why EVH needs to take some time off and get it together now.

And since the blow-up in AZ, who could be left to carry the torch? A fourth VH singer would not make sense, or sell for that matter. It only figures to come full circle back to DD

Fabulous Shadow
    Got to agree but do you really think Dave should go near this mess? I wouldn't.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Edward Van Halen is a shitty human being!!!!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If the stars, moon, and planets all alligned just right, Dave was left alone to be Dave, and Sir Eddie could stay off the stupid juice, then maybe, just maybe there could be a Monsters of Rock 2006.

Rotharmy Gladiator

DG's Slave
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dave!!!!

WE LOVE YOU BABY!!!!!!

Stay FAR AWAY from these assholes!!!!!

Fabulous Shadow
    aesop... I want this so bad I can taste it... Like a Hostess Lemon Pie kind of thing, but the fact is, Ed isn't changing and he isn't good for no one. MAYBE they could record some songs and this time Ed could work in solitary. Trust me, I love Ed, but I am also married and seperated from someone just like him. I know that patterns, behaviours and selfishness... It isn't pretty. You love um, but you can't change um. You have to walk away and save yourdself.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, you're right. I'm up 'working' late and not thinking straight, no doubt. The phrase "Be careful of what you wish for" seems to be coming to mind...

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    aesop... I want this so bad I can taste it... Like a Hostess Lemon Pie kind of thing
    LOL I'm more of a kRISPY kREME kinda guy (if questioned at gunpoint), but I get the jist. :P

Yea I can relate, too. My dad was one of 'em.

Fabulous Shadow
    I dont like Krispy Kremes or Lemon Pies.. It was kind of a joke... Lets see... I'll take a nice warm chocolate chip cookie and a cold glass of milk!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'll take some fresh Brie and a glass of Pino Noir.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, I may be wrong but I thought that Dave left VH didn't he? I mean, I've never really been clear on wether he left or was fired???

He probably quit. My 'abandoning' reference was aimed at the way Eddie, Alex and Mike abandoned the essence of what Van Halen was all about, for something VERY different. They also had a closeness with their fans that's been missing for many years now.

Roadie

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by bueno bob

If he wants to get straight, good for him, but I don't think it's gonna happen anytime in the near future. Oh well.
    I think it's a case of Dead Man Walking here.I don't think he'll pull out of this unfortunately.

The Last in Line
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    In the "Sam and Dave" VH1 special, Dave said that the last 3 months of Van Halen weren't enjoyable so "I bailed in true American fashion."

It's no accident that Dave's weed bust, EMT gig, "Sopranos" appearance, and home intruder stories have made international news while this joke of a 'reunion' tour faded off into obscurity. The "Group Formerly Known As Van Halen" is irrelevent; David Lee Roth isn't.

EAT 'EM AND SMILE, DAVY BABY!!!!!!
    Switch, tell me about the intruder stuff! I never heard about this before!
    The Fat Lady is singing for Van Hagar.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/attac...&postid=392002

Army Bartender
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
    Switch, tell me about the intruder stuff! I never heard about this before!
    some idiot climbed over dave's wall (high as a kite) and dave fired a shotgun twice and the police came and arrested the guy...

©Ramblings by Rogue® Inc.
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    RogueHorseman® resides at the scenic Double Cross Ranch in sunny Riveria Paradise
    Status
    Originally posted by Vivian Campbell
    In the "Sam and Dave" VH1 special, Dave said that the last 3 months of Van Halen weren't enjoyable so "I bailed in true American fashion."
    Right. To elaborate further, at the time he said he grew very weary from waiting around 5150 until 3-4 in the afternoon for Ed to get his ass out of bed to come work on the new record.
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    "Eddie, Alex and Mike abandoned the essence of what Van Halen was all about, for something VERY different. They also had a closeness with their fans that's been missing for many years now."

Quite frankly, they treated their fans with an indifference bordering on contempt. The silence between the end of the Cherone era and the new Van Hagar reunion is inexplicable -- and inexcusable. Their fan base began to dry up -- even the guy who faithfully kept the VHND going for years without any real news to report quit in frustration. I guess they figured the fans would always be there. By and large, they were wrong.

Atomic Jerk
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm just surprised it took so long for Ed to have his meltdown. I was thinking it would be in August. Also, I was expecting an actual onstage fistfight.
    gnaw on it

The Don: Roth Army Militi
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Getting furious that Sam's wife came out & sprayed him w/ Whip-it's
    Oddly enough, here's Mike with the same can of Whipped Cream. Now I'm not trying to imply something here, but doesn't Mike looks a little hurt (as though he discovered he was being cheated on)

7 Time MVP
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I'm just reading this for the first time and let me say I feel absolutely NO sympathy for ANYONE in Van Hagar. Ed for being a bad person(and a motherfuckin' drunk), and the other cunts for pushing his alcoholism under the fucking carpet. Where's the new album Dave?!

Thread Information